OtherGround Forums Fantasy Football Trade Thoughts

3 days ago
1/1/01

I have DeAndre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Tyler Lockett, Alshon Jeffrey, and Desuan Jackson as WR’s, and Hockenson, Andrews and Cook at TE. Basically have the best receiving corps in the league and then some. 

My QB is Russell Wilson. (No backup, but Rothlesiburger, Allen, Dalton, Stafford, and Briset in the waiver pool)

Thoughts on offering Wilson + one of Lockett, Jeffrey, or Jackson for Wentz? In a vacuum I probably wouldn’t do it, but with my depth at WR/TE I just don’t see playing those three enough over Hopkins or Adams to not sacrifice one to get a premium QB.

Thoughts? Half PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE.

Dude with Wentz has Lamar Jackson which is what makes me think I can get it done.

Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01

Dude just said he’d take Wilson and Lockett. 

3 days ago
11/5/09

You're panicking way too early

3 days ago
3/17/14

No. I dont do that unless you have some unique QB scoring that you didnt say in the OP.

Your lucky if your QB is a QB1 %50 of the time. Last season alone 42 different QBs had atleast 1 week as a QB1. Meaning sometimes the streaming game is better then using the QB you drafted.

The difference between Wentz and Russell most likely will not be worth what Lockett can give you. You are pretty stacked at WR. I would rather turn that into RB depth 

3 days ago
1/1/01
KeezyDoesIt -

Not really panicking, I was hoping to land top tier QB but it didn’t land that way in the draft. I have a ton of receivers and tight ends, so thinking offloading one to get a premium QB would be good. 

The question is does Lockett have enough upside relative to me receiving corps to not upgrade to Wentz over Russell. 

3 days ago
12/10/09
The Kangaroo -
KeezyDoesIt -

Not really panicking, I was hoping to land top tier QB but it didn’t land that way in the draft. I have a ton of receivers and tight ends, so thinking offloading one to get a premium QB would be good. 

The question is does Lockett have enough upside relative to me receiving corps to not upgrade to Wentz over Russell. 

The question is, is wentz a "premium QB?"

Are you an eagles fan?

3 days ago
1/1/01
BruteDion -

No. I dont do that unless you have some unique QB scoring that you didnt say in the OP.

Your lucky if your QB is a QB1 %50 of the time. Last season alone 42 different QBs had atleast 1 week as a QB1. Meaning sometimes the streaming game is better then using the QB you drafted.

The difference between Wentz and Russell most likely will not be worth what Lockett can give you. You are pretty stacked at WR. I would rather turn that into RB depth 

That was actually my next plan, use some combo of Andrews, Cook, Jeffrey, Jackson to get a better flex RB. (Montgomery or Michel etc) 

The problem with holding onto Lockett, Jeffrey and Jackson or even Andrews or Cook (Holding Hockenson) is when will they get starts if Hopkins and Adams remotely play to form?

3 days ago
1/1/01
scrapdo -
The Kangaroo -
KeezyDoesIt -

Are you an eagles fan?

No eagles fan here. Wentz is pretty stellar healthy, and has some great weapons. I mean would anyone project Wentz to not have a significantly better season that Wilson at full strength? 

Anyways just a thought. The rub for me is I just have a ton of WR/TE guys that look like they’ll be spot starters, despite being valuable. Looking to leverage some where I can.

3 days ago
1/1/01

This guys has Michel too, so maybe I could leverage something for him in the deal.

3 days ago
2/8/08
If you wanna put your balls on the table and go for it, pull the trigger. I'd grab a back up, though. Wentz gets hurt when the wind blows
3 days ago
1/1/01
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - If you wanna put your balls on the table and go for it, pull the trigger. I'd grab a back up, though. Wentz gets hurt when the wind blows

Haha. I’d go pickup Roth or Allen for the bench. (Dalton of Stafford as deep cover if needed)

I don’t have to do it. Just airing it out.

3 days ago
3/17/14
The Kangaroo -

This guys has Michel too, so maybe I could leverage something for him in the deal.

If you can then I do it.

3 days ago
1/1/01
BruteDion -
The Kangaroo -

If you can then I do it.

I don’t see him doing Wilson/Lockett for Wentz/Michel otherwise I’d already have done it. Sweetening with a TE, Cook or Andrews, might. (I’m holding Hockenson) Especially since he has Lamar. 

3 days ago
2/16/09
How many teams are in this league? How did you manage to get the #1 and #2 rated WR's on your team?

There's no matchup where you sit Adams or Hopkins... so you don't need 6 back ups for 1 spot.

I'd try to turn that depth into a RB. Wilson and Wentz aren't that far apart.
3 days ago
12/10/09
The Kangaroo -
scrapdo -
The Kangaroo -
KeezyDoesIt -

Are you an eagles fan?

No eagles fan here. Wentz is pretty stellar healthy, and has some great weapons. I mean would anyone project Wentz to not have a significantly better season that Wilson at full strength? 

Anyways just a thought. The rub for me is I just have a ton of WR/TE guys that look like they’ll be spot starters, despite being valuable. Looking to leverage some where I can.

Yea. I think lots of people would say their stats won’t be very far off from each other. He’s probably in tier 3 of QB’s this year with Wilson. Tier 1 consisting of only 1 guy. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
Bankable - How many teams are in this league? How did you manage to get the #1 and #2 rated WR's on your team?

There's no matchup where you sit Adams or Hopkins... so you don't need 6 back ups for 1 spot.

I'd try to turn that depth into a RB. Wilson and Wentz aren't that far apart.

Ten team league, I drafted 10th and 11th, there were 8 RB’s and Julio Jones taken before me, I didn’t want to chase the RB run so I just took the top two receivers. 

We are tracking on not sitting Hopkins or Adams, which is why I’m seeing what I can flip my WR/TE depth for. Lockett, Alshon and Jackson (Even Cooks/Andrews) aren’t seeing a start barring injury, byes or the odd flex. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
scrapdo -
The Kangaroo -
scrapdo -
The Kangaroo -
KeezyDoesIt -

Are you an eagles fan?

Yea. I think lots of people would say their stats won’t be very far off from each other. He’s probably in tier 3 of QB’s this year with Wilson. Tier 1 consisting of only 1 guy. 

Interesting, I have a much higher opinion of him it appears. But it’s good to hear counterpoints. I’m stalling the deal to consider my options.

3 days ago
3/29/13

I don't think I'd even trade just Wilson for wentz in fantasy, wentz has only had 1 good fantasy season and is coming off a pretty bad one the way I remember it

3 days ago
1/1/01
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

I don't think I'd even trade just Wilson for wentz in fantasy, wentz has only had 1 good fantasy season and is coming off a pretty bad one the way I remember it

Interesting opinions. Appreciated. I consider Wentz an upgrade, but I’ll hold tight on this move. 

3 days ago
3/29/13
The Kangaroo -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Interesting opinions. Appreciated. I consider Wentz an upgrade, but I’ll hold tight on this move. 

With wentz you've really got to worry about him missing half the season too, he hasn't played more than 13 games since his rookie year

Edited: 3 days ago
11/24/07

I would trade Wilson and Lockett if you can get wentz. Lockett is going to be boom or bust every game which makes it hard to trust him as a starter and wentz is a better fantasy qb than Wilson. You’re giving up bench depth to improve your starting lineup so it’s in your favour. 

3 days ago
1/1/01

Jesus. What are you playing in, an 8 team league? Or is it just full of dipshits?

3 days ago
1/1/01
Pesci's Pen -

Jesus. What are you playing in, an 8 team league? Or is it just full of dipshits?

10 team league. The initial RB run left me light at RB but I leveraged it into a ton of receiving options. I have Fournette, Freeman, Duke, and Thompson at RB. I’m going to fish around for Montgomery and Aaron Jones. (Don’t think dude wants to come off Michel) 

Ultimately id like to turn Lockett, Alshon, Jackson, Cook, and Andrews into a RB and QB/RB. (While keeping Honkenson) Otherwise all those dudes are just queue up behind Hopkins, Adams and Honk. 

2 days ago
1/1/01

Have a deal approved pending the commish for Jeffery + Cook for Montgomery. 

Provides me options at RB and doesn’t gut my WR or TE corps. 

Qb= Wilson

RB= Fournette, Freeman, Montgomery, Duke J, C Thompson

Wr= Hopkins, Adams, Lockett, D Jackson

Te= Andrews, Hockenson

Thinking about picking up John Brown, Mecole Hardman, Josh Allen or maybe even Carlos Hyde with my free spot. (In that order)

Can hold tight, or I can round back and see if Wentz owner would consider Wilson + Andrews since he owns Jackson. 

2 days ago
11/29/11

10 team leagues shouldn't even warrant responses. They're jokes. Plenty of guys on he waiver and should be plenty on your bench. Leave the discussion for 12 team or more, where it's actually a challenge