OtherGround Forums Fauci: Lockdown until no new cases

4/2/20 4:02 PM
1/25/04

Fauci Says Lockdown Will Continue Until There Are No “New Cases” of Coronavirus

CORONAVIRUS

Fauci Says Lockdown Will Continue Until There Are No “New Cases” of Coronavirus

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci says that the United States will not come out of lockdown until there are no “new cases” of coronavirus, prompting some to question precisely how long that will be.

During yesterday’s White House briefing, Fauci, who has become the face of America’s response to the coronavirus, was asked by a reporter whether social distancing measures will be imposed until there is a drug or vaccine to treat COVID-19.

“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,” Fauci said.

4/2/20 4:16 PM
3/20/12

so forever

dumb fucking statement

4/2/20 4:18 PM
1/30/16

Lol yeah ok

4/2/20 4:18 PM
9/26/10

will be interesting to see if that actually happens. 

4/2/20 4:19 PM
1/19/14
This fucking guy.....
4/2/20 4:20 PM
1/1/01

Read my lips, no new cases!

4/2/20 4:20 PM
3/17/14

Yeah good luck with that. Does he want a totally crashed economy?

4/2/20 4:22 PM
1/1/01

I was watching him speak yesterday and when he said that he was referencing social distancing (6 feet rule) as opposed to shutting down all non essential businesses.  At least that's how I interpretted it.

4/2/20 4:23 PM
12/9/13

If bodies are not pulled up in the street by mid may no one will give a shit and most people will carry on.  Good luck keeping everyone inside after a month of nice weather.

4/2/20 4:24 PM
1/1/01
Rambo John J - 

so forever

dumb fucking statement

Yeah, it can't just be no new cases in the US, either.  It has to be no new cases anywhere in the world.  This started in China and is in virtually every country on the planet now.  Winter is coming for the southern hemisphere, and if this is like other viral outbreaks, infection rates there will start increasing.  

1/19/14
BruteDion - 

Generally speaking. Doctors know jack shit outside of medicine. He doesnt know or care what that means for the economy.

1/1/01
BruteDion -

If we did what he said we would kill more than 10x the number of people as the virus just with economic depression related deaths like murder, suicide, ODs, access to healthcare etc...

We are not doing country wide quarantine until no new cases, that would kill so many more than the virus. He just spoke without thinking.

4/2/20 4:25 PM
1/19/14
Soup and Beer - 

I was watching him speak yesterday and when he said that he was referencing social distancing (6 feet rule) as opposed to shutting down all non essential businesses.  At least that's how I interpretted it.

How exactly would that work for office buildings?
Edited: 4/2/20 4:26 PM
4/13/12

they're hiding something.

eventually the heard should start to grow immune to this.  eventually, as enough people get it, it shouldn't be a concern.

4/2/20 4:32 PM
3/1/10
Soup and Beer -

That is exactly what it is, and the literal quote is talking about social distancing.

Social distancing is not "lockdown".

Summit News is Paul Joseph Watson's site. It is not a reliable source, and misleading shit like this is why Fauci has had to be given a big security detail due to death threats.

4/2/20 4:33 PM
1/1/01

Unfortunately,  maximizing lives saved is not an option.  Sucks but true.

4/2/20 4:35 PM
1/1/01
lol that's nuts
4/2/20 4:35 PM
12/17/06
VTCO - 
Soup and Beer -

That is exactly what it is, and the literal quote is talking about social distancing.

Summit News is Paul Joseph Watson's site. It is not a reliable source, and misleading shit like this is why Fauci has had to be given a big security detail due to death threats.

100% this.

He was speaking of distancing, not lockdown.

PJW is a fucking hack. 

4/2/20 4:37 PM
1/1/01
wizbang -

Unfortunately,  maximizing lives saved is not an option.  Sucks but true.

The economic fallout from a one year lockdown would kill more people than the virus.

4/2/20 4:39 PM
1/1/01
vagabond - 
Soup and Beer - 

How exactly would that work for office buildings?

some precautions would have to be taken to adapt I assume.   Shutting down the economy and the country for possibly years is not really an option.    Fauci projected 1.6 to 2.1 million dead if we just ignored the virus and went back to normal operations.   Those numbers are horrific but it could be even higher than that if we fall into a global 1930's depression for years.

Edited: 4/2/20 4:48 PM
1/1/01
EFM - 

they're hiding something.

eventually the heard should start to grow immune to this.  eventually, as enough people get it, it shouldn't be a concern.

They're always hiding something. It's called c l a s s ified information. Its just that we actually had more real journalists and actual investigative journalism uncovering that information for the public. Now you have conglomerated media executives tabling the Epstein story for years. 

4/2/20 4:40 PM
4/13/12
Altofsky -
VTCO - 
Soup and Beer -

100% this.

PJW is a fucking hack. 

oh.  well, that's probably not a bad idea.  no need to swap spit with strangers.  i'm all for social distancing going forward.  never did like shaking hands with people.

i also heard all of this social distancing has crushed flu season for this year as well. 

4/2/20 4:40 PM
4/2/08

narratives continue to shift every couple of days

we went from - No large gatherings to small groups to no contact with anyone to go home to stay indoors.

I know people that are scared to death to leave their house and go outside at all. Its gone full retard. 

narrative also shifted from "Most people will get this virus eventually so we need to go on lockdown to flatten the curve and buy time for our mediacal facilities" to "We need to shut down until virus is eradicated" 

4/2/20 4:46 PM
3/17/03
GSpenn fan - 

narratives continue to shift every couple of days

we went from - No large gatherings to small groups to no contact with anyone to go home to stay indoors.

I know people that are scared to death to leave their house and go outside at all. Its gone full retard. 

narrative also shifted from "Most people will get this virus eventually so we need to go on lockdown to flatten the curve and buy time for our mediacal facilities" to "We need to shut down until virus is eradicated" 

All of Western society is under a Sharia Law type rule of Chick Think.

ONE person catching this thing is too much and will hurt someone's feelings! Sacrifice the global economy for the sake of emotions and PR.

Men need to make hard decisions. I think a non-Martial Law version of this lockdown is necessary for a few more weeks. Beyond that, someone who thinks like an adult man needs to step up and make hard decisions.

Send young and healthy people back to the office first, then have the elderly/at-risk population trickle back in.
4/2/20 4:50 PM
3/1/10
EFM -
Altofsky -
VTCO - 
Soup and Beer -

100% this.

PJW is a fucking hack. 

oh.  well, that's probably not a bad idea.  no need to swap spit with strangers.  i'm all for social distancing going forward.  never did like shaking hands with people.

i also heard all of this social distancing has crushed flu season for this year as well. 

Social distancing is going to be the social norm until there is a vaccine. Ditto for wearing masks and not shaking hands.

Even when the country "opens up" again in the coming months, there is a grace period of like 9 weeks before China Virus comes back if it is indeed seasonal.

The biggest issues will be things like the MTA in NYC, where it is functionally impossible to socially distance, which is where masks will come into play as being imperative.