9 days ago
11/23/14

Man fuck the politics and stupid boycotts. I believe in what Kap knelt for because police misconduct was an everyday occurrence where i grew up. At the same time these 9/11 1st responders deserve to be honored as heroes forever. I respect what the troops do and hope they all come home safely. I dont respect any of the politics behind it
9 days ago
2/5/05

Who else makes shoes where the back of the sneaker can be stepped on and crushed and not get all retarded? That’s why I love nikes. Find me another shoe like that and I’ll switch. 

9 days ago
9/22/09
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
Straydog24 -

Absolutely a HERO.  

great thread Stray. 

Also- I exclusively rock Adidas now for the last 2-3 years after a lifetime of Nike.  

This.  Addias pure boost or ultra boost are the best for me.

Fuck Nike.

9 days ago
11/17/10

Too easy and cheap for me Not to buy nike

The outlet near me always has reg black sneakers (for tech casual type dress) fir under 50 bux which last me minimum of 1.5 yrs of regular wear

Their moisture wicking shirts and tops are always on sale so i buy lots of those as well

For running i do prefer asics over any of the nikes ive ever tried

9 days ago
12/30/10
DthAngel -

Man fuck the politics and stupid boycotts. I believe in what Kap knelt for because police misconduct was an everyday occurrence where i grew up. At the same time these 9/11 1st responders deserve to be honored as heroes forever. I respect what the troops do and hope they all come home safely. I dont respect any of the politics behind it

Sweet cankles bro, maybe you should take the utilitarian approach to wearing those "athletic" sneakers and go for a run.

9 days ago
8/12/09

They make good looking stuff but their sneakers fall apart faster than any brand I've ever owned.  Reebok is more durable at this point and Reebok's are pretty shitty.  

Fuck Nike and good post OP

9 days ago
8/29/19

Last pair of Nikes I bought wore out so fast. Makes me hesitant to buy another pair. Prefer Adidas now.

9 days ago
11/17/10
AncientWhiteDragon -

Last pair of Nikes I bought wore out so fast. Makes me hesitant to buy another pair. Prefer Adidas now.

what kind of Nikes are you guys gettting that fall apart so easily?

their lower priced running shoes seem to last just fine, but i do notice that the basketball shoes i buy for my son tend to fall apart rather quickly, but i just attributed that to the abuse an 8 yr old boy puts on them

then again, i heavily use and abuse the cheapo $50 Nikes and never had issues with them, infact i think they are awesome values

9 days ago
2/5/06
LieDetector - 

Using a dead police officer and an American tragedy to score political points against Nike.

How do you think this officer's widow and kid would feel about that?

Troll or just stupid?
9 days ago
2/5/06
This sounds like a good FB post to trigger lefties.
9 days ago
11/4/10
10eroftheyear -
DthAngel -

Sweet cankles bro, maybe you should take the utilitarian approach to wearing those "athletic" sneakers and go for a run.

Hahaha

9 days ago
3/27/03
The Assassanator -
Hashtag -
The Assassanator -

Man I gotta be honest, I have a few brands that I refuse to give my business to for various reasons. And I absolutely hate the fact that Nike would sponsor a piece of shit like kaepernick, and I would love to boycott them too, but they make the best shoes, and I have been rocking Nikes my whole life. It’s hard to just say ya I’m not gonna wear the most fashionable shoes anymore just because of an advertisement. 

Cliffs: I hate the fact that Nike would support a scumbag like kaepernick, but they still make the best shoes so I buy them even though I feel bad about it.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite.

I hate Nike's politics and their SJW stance on things, but the main reason I don't buy their shoes is because they're junk.

Asics, Saucony, Adidas are all make much higher quality / better looking shoes imo.

So I agree with OP. Fuck Nike.

So we agree on the politics of it. But I’m born and raised in a major city. Around here if you’re not wearing Nikes or Jordans than you might as well be wearing Walmart shoes.

Lol... what city?

9 days ago
1/13/11
LieDetector -

Using a dead police officer and an American tragedy to score political points against Nike.

He’s Canadian, in the politics game he’s the equivalent of down 300-0. 

And suck my balls, it’s been a while and you probably have a gentle touch.  

9 days ago
1/1/01
Brockback Mountain - The left picks strange "saints" to circle the wagons around.

Colin Kaepernick

Trayvon Martin

Mike Brown

Ilhan Omar

It's like they do it on purpose, b/c they know it's going to divide people.
9 days ago
5/5/13

9 days ago
5/29/15

I'm rockin' a 6 month-old pair of Asics daily (first time with this brand) and I run about 5 miles a week in them. They're holding up surprisingly well and look barely used. Would recommend.

9 days ago
11/1/03
The Assassanator -

Man I gotta be honest, I have a few brands that I refuse to give my business to for various reasons. And I absolutely hate the fact that Nike would sponsor a piece of shit like kaepernick, and I would love to boycott them too, but they make the best shoes, and I have been rocking Nikes my whole life. It’s hard to just say ya I’m not gonna wear the most fashionable shoes anymore just because of an advertisement. 

Cliffs: I hate the fact that Nike would support a scumbag like kaepernick, but they still make the best shoes so I buy them even though I feel bad about it.

I like Nikes to but come on there just sneakers. Theres better and worst brands in most stores. I wont buy them again but i realize it makes no difference as i buy a pair every few years. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
The Assassanator - 
Hashtag -
The Assassanator -

I hate Nike's politics and their SJW stance on things, but the main reason I don't buy their shoes is because they're junk.

Asics, Saucony, Adidas are all make much higher quality / better looking shoes imo.

So we agree on the politics of it. But I’m born and raised in a major city. Around here if you’re not wearing Nikes or Jordans than you might as well be wearing Walmart shoes.

It's funny. When you're a kid, you brag about how much money you spent on nice things. When you're an adult, you brag about how much money you saved on things that look nice.
9 days ago
8/7/12
LieDetector -

Not really sure what you mean by "political points"? Are you inferring that OP is trying to persuade people not to buy NIke because they sponsor someone who he doesnt agree with? 

If so it's a 2 way road buddy. You cant be mad at someone posting a picture and making a statement about it and then not take that same stance and apply it to the other side of the same argument. The PR team at NIke are pretty much geniuses when it comes to advertising. If you dont think the main reason in their decision to sponsor him was not based solely on profit your being obtuse. 

That hero's family wouldn't care. If you showed this thread to them they would not give a single shit. If Nike made a set of work gloves based solely on that photo and ran an entire campaign based around it, I guarantee you they would not give a shit. You want to know why? It is because not everyone is as simple minded and motivated by money as you wish to believe. Not everyone cares about what brand of clothes you are wearing or what trendy shoes you are currently "rocking". All that pails in comparison to what that man did during 9/11. Nike would be doing exactly what his family would want them to do. That is making sure the sacrifice this guy and others like him made will never be forgotten.

Do you think Krapernick would of done the same in that situation? Your only answer should be hell no. I hardly think that dumbass piece of shit Krapernick wouldnt understand what true sacrifice is. Not without a couple zeros being written down on a check. That asshole has managed to make himself some type of social symbol purely based on greed and money. 

That's it. He is not standing up for a "cause" or for what is right. He had one foot already out the door when he did that. He solely based that decision off of his own greed. Alas, he has the right to make that type of decision. It doesnt matter if myself or others agree with it. That is what makes this country so great. We dont have to agree with or respect his opinions and decisions but we do have to realize that he has that right to do with them as he pleases. That right should not ever be taken away from the people. 

Dont you ever dare compare someone who sacrificed their life in order to save others with someone taking a fookin knee because they know in a few months they will have to find another way to make money. The only thing Krapernick sacrificed was a long term paycheck. That man in that photo along with countless other men and women made the ultimate sacrifice on that day. You want your kids to look up to someone? You want to show them what they should strive to be in their life? Tell them that man's story and what he did on that day.

FOR THAT MAN IS A TRUE HERO! 

9 days ago
12/10/18
baj54 -
LieDetector -

Not really sure what you mean by "political points"? Are you inferring that OP is trying to persuade people not to buy NIke because they sponsor someone who he doesnt agree with? 

If so it's a 2 way road buddy. You cant be mad at someone posting a picture and making a statement about it and then not take that same stance and apply it to the other side of the same argument. The PR team at NIke are pretty much geniuses when it comes to advertising. If you dont think the main reason in their decision to sponsor him was not based solely on profit your being obtuse. 

That hero's family wouldn't care. If you showed this thread to them they would not give a single shit. If Nike made a set of work gloves based solely on that photo and ran an entire campaign based around it, I guarantee you they would not give a shit. You want to know why? It is because not everyone is as simple minded and motivated by money as you wish to believe. Not everyone cares about what brand of clothes you are wearing or what trendy shoes you are currently "rocking". All that pails in comparison to what that man did during 9/11. Nike would be doing exactly what his family would want them to do. That is making sure the sacrifice this guy and others like him made will never be forgotten.

Do you think Krapernick would of done the same in that situation? Your only answer should be hell no. I hardly think that dumbass piece of shit Krapernick wouldnt understand what true sacrifice is. Not without a couple zeros being written down on a check. That asshole has managed to make himself some type of social symbol purely based on greed and money. 

That's it. He is not standing up for a "cause" or for what is right. He had one foot already out the door when he did that. He solely based that decision off of his own greed. Alas, he has the right to make that type of decision. It doesnt matter if myself or others agree with it. That is what makes this country so great. We dont have to agree with or respect his opinions and decisions but we do have to realize that he has that right to do with them as he pleases. That right should not ever be taken away from the people. 

Dont you ever dare compare someone who sacrificed their life in order to save others with someone taking a fookin knee because they know in a few months they will have to find another way to make money. The only thing Krapernick sacrificed was a long term paycheck. That man in that photo along with countless other men and women made the ultimate sacrifice on that day. You want your kids to look up to someone? You want to show them what they should strive to be in their life? Tell them that man's story and what he did on that day.

FOR THAT MAN IS A TRUE HERO! 

Holy delusional FRAT

9 days ago
11/10/18
cool hand Ed -
The Assassanator - 
Hashtag -
The Assassanator -

It's funny. When you're a kid, you brag about how much money you spent on nice things. When you're an adult, you brag about how much money you saved on things that look nice.

Exactly 

Edited: 9 days ago
5/28/12

I don't shop by brand. I shop based on quality, price, comfort and aesthetic. Occasionally I will buy Nikes, occasionally I won't.

I honestly couldn't imagine adding the fifth criteria of political agenda to my shopping list

9 days ago
2/22/13
DthAngel -

Christ those are hideous.  The cankles and the shoes.

9 days ago
6/20/11
The Assassanator -

The best shoes? They’re basically identical to other sports brands but have more brand power in North America.

Dont pretend to give a shit if you don’t 

9 days ago
9/10/07

is there anything more lame than nike virtue signaling?

its pretty despicable to use this guy as a surrogate for some bullshit culture war.