OtherGround Forums Finally a judge drops the hammer on Antifa

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01

Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

A Pennsylvania judge threw the book at several protesters accused of rioting — by setting their

About 150 protesters returned to the streets Monday night calling for justice in Munoz’s death, but the demonstrations remained peaceful, PennLive.com reported.

“We want an answer,” Kassandra Orjales, 25, told the outlet. “The name of the officer should be known. If it was one of us, we’d be all over the news. We won’t be silent anymore.”

(Clockwise from top left) Yoshua Dwayne Montague, Kathryn Patterson, Barry Jones, Frank Gaston, Taylor Enterline, Talia Gessner, Matthew Modderman and Jamal Shariff NewmanLancaster PD

Munoz’s family has said he suffered from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and was off his medication at the time.

bail at $1 million each — in the wake of the police shooting of a knife-wielding Lancaster man. 

Lancaster police nabbed a dozen people and one juvenile for staging the riots around 3 a.m. Monday in clashes that culminated in police deploying tear gas at the crowd.

The overnight violence came on the heels of the death of Ricardo Munoz, the mentally ill 27-year-old who was seen on bodycam footage charging with a knife in hand at a cop. The officer shot and killed Munoz Sunday afternoon outside his mother’s house in downtown Lancaster.

The mob marched from the scene of the shooting on Laurel Street to the police station, chucking glass bottles, rocks, bricks, gallon jugs filled with liquid and plastic road barricades at cops, police said.

Magisterial District Judge Bruce A. Roth set bail for nine of the defendants — Newman, Jones, Montague, Modderman, Gessner, Patterson, Enterline, Fry and Davis — at $1 million apiece, with court records showing all were unable to post.

They’re being held at the Lancaster County Prison.

Bail information was not available for Lopez and bail was set at $100,000 for Wise, who was also unable to post.

Police said Gaston was on probation and a detainer would be lodged against him.

Social justice advocacy group Lancaster Stands Up claimed Patterson and Enterline were working as “medics” at the Munoz protest when they were arrested.

“The absurdly high bail amounts indicate that what we’re seeing is not a measured pursuit of justice, but a politically motivated attack on the movement for police reform and accountability,” the group tweeted.

13 days ago
2/25/09

Bout time. Heres to ripped open assholes. 

13 days ago
12/24/11

Mattserra.gif

13 days ago
11/19/05

Has anyone just plainly asked them, " what are you protesting about in this case?"  How can any human in the world protest for a maniac that went after the police with a knife?  What is the disconnect here I am not getting?

13 days ago
3/20/15

The Lancaster Man....in Lancaster.

13 days ago
2/25/06

If this was the norm, the 'mostly peaceful' protests would stop with the quickness.

13 days ago
1/8/04

Before we go any further...where were the protesters from, and where did this take place exactly?

13 days ago
1/5/11

Fact is, there are a lot of crazy fuckers out there. Sad but true. This one shooting is so clear cut, I don't know how anything could be refuted w that footage.

13 days ago
10/31/13
Siciliano di Brooklyn -

Before we go any further...where were the protesters from, and where did this take place exactly?

Lancashire... or something like that.

13 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like soros is going to have to start buying judges along with the DA's now

13 days ago
4/25/13

They are going to find new meaning in black lives matter

13 days ago
7/29/13

Lol I was watching the live stream the moment the police started snatching people up. One of the streamers wasn't even part of the protest he was just standing off to the side for hours video recording and when the cops rolled in he stood there filming like a dumbass while everyone else ran. That's what his dumbass gets for not leaving when the cops warned them. He was so set on getting video for his social media that he ended up in jail for it. They had a little bus parked around the corner waiting for the police to make a move and snatch them all up. 

13 days ago
10/3/16

Ricardo Munoz is a white guy. I think its interesting that most articles omit that but I saw it on Yahoo.

Also, he stabbed four people last year. He stabbed a 16 year old in the face. If those cops didn't show up, then what would've happened?

13 days ago
9/3/14

They gonna come out singing Black Cocks Matter 

13 days ago
11/19/05
MarcusAurelioFan -

Ricardo Munoz is a white guy. I think its interesting that most articles omit that but I saw it on Yahoo.

Also, he stabbed four people last year. He stabbed a 16 year old in the face. If those cops didn't show up, then what would've happened?

That man is not white. Not sure who or why anyone would say that?

Edited: 13 days ago
10/3/16
Fighting -
MarcusAurelioFan -

""It was unclear how motivated protesters were by racism, as they have been in other cities where deaths at the hands of police have stoked protest. Court papers list Munoz's race as white."

https://6abc.com/ricardo-munoz-lancaster-pa-police-shooting-city/6421618/

12 days ago
5/7/08

I only saw the name of the place written twice, so I wanna be sure... was all this in Lancaster?

12 days ago
9/19/13

FUCK. SOROS.

12 days ago
3/20/15
MayorPirkle - 

I only saw the name of the place written twice, so I wanna be sure... was all this in Lancaster?

No, it was in Lancaster, all over the Lancaster Kid who turned out to be the Lancaster Man....in Lancaster.

12 days ago
9/13/12

Remember when forum mods were neutral and didn't take sides in political hot button issues? Garlic Farm remembers

12 days ago
11/19/05
MarcusAurelioFan -
Fighting -
MarcusAurelioFan -

""It was unclear how motivated protesters were by racism, as they have been in other cities where deaths at the hands of police have stoked protest. Court papers list Munoz's race as white."

https://6abc.com/ricardo-munoz-lancaster-pa-police-shooting-city/6421618/

This is a white dude? 

12 days ago
4/24/07
GarlicSauce - 

Remember when forum mods were neutral and didn't take sides in political hot button issues? Garlic Farm remembers

Then go some place else. Nobody is stopping you. What you don't seem to understand is nobody here cares how you want this site to be. You're not important to anyone here. Your opinion isn't valued. You offer nothing but trolling and complaining. You make no effort to be kind to anyone even outside political threads.

Cire adds value and is liked. You do not and are not.
12 days ago
4/24/07
MarcusAurelioFan - 

He's not a white. He has vitiligo.