OtherGround Forums Finally a non SJW Judge with a bit of sense...

2/14/20 8:59 AM
12/28/04

Police compared to Stasi and Gestapo by judge as he rules they interfered in freedom of speech by investigating 'non crime' trans tweet

In one message Miller, a former police office himself, wrote: "I was assigned mammal at birth, but my orientation is fish. Don't mis-species me", and in another he said: "You know the worst thing about cancer? It's transphobic."

He also made references to the Olympic success of Caitlyn Jenner, America's best-known transgender celebrity who announced her transition from gold medalist Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn in 2015.

Police categorized Mrs B's complaint as a 'non-crime hate incident' and an officer visited Miller's workplace. In a later phone call, the officer left him with the impression that he could face criminal prosecution if he continued to tweet.

Miller took legal action against the local police force and on Friday judge Julian Knowles at London's High Court upheld his claim, ruling the tweets were lawful and that police had disproportionately interfered with his right of freedom of expression.