OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/20/18 10:17 PM
4/25/11

Dude got pushed down and the guy that pushed him was backing away before the gun was pulled it looks like. No one needed to die

7/20/18 10:22 PM
7/2/07
Triple_B - 

Dude got pushed down and the guy that pushed him was backing away before the gun was pulled it looks like. No one needed to die

7/20/18 10:27 PM
7/2/07
The guy made a mistake pushing the guy down.

As mentioned he did not pursue the guy after pushing him down.

He should have never put his hands on the guy.

Also the guy was an older guy, a lot of shit can happen when you knock down an older person.

That being said the old dude was a jerk looking for trouble.

Old guy has been waiting to shoot someone.

From the video actually very surprised the old guy was so smooth drawing and shooting so soon after hitting the ground.

Been itching to shoot someone.

But another reminder to put your hands on people or don't get involved in shit when you can avoid it.

If you are going to go, be ready to go all the way, and not much is worth going all the way.
7/20/18 10:37 PM
8/28/17

Kill someone over a parking spot, crazy ass Americans 

7/20/18 10:57 PM
7/12/15

You can’t just go around shooting white people.  That man is going to prison.

7/20/18 11:10 PM
9/28/03

Was that all really over a parking spot?

7/20/18 11:40 PM
7/15/02
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

I don’t understand how the shooting and killing was justified. Was the guy under further attack? 

He could of filed charges for assault, but killing the guy ? Was he afraid for his life ?  How is that legal? 

This is the last time. Stop with the feels. Look up stand your ground(I iknow you won't bother). He doesn't have to retreat. He said he felt in fear of his life. Those are the magic words. Sheriff is good with it. I think audio would have been a lot more helpful.

Ugh. There are no magic words. The *belief* that you are in danger of ‘imminent death or great bodily harm’ needs to be borne out by the facts. Otherwise you could shoot anybody walking down the street toward you by saying ‘he looked at me in such a way that I was in fear for my life!!’

The pusher was actually backing up when he got shot, for fuck’s sake. 

Ok you better call the sheriff that just exonerated him because he actually used those words and tell him he’s wrong. Let us know what happens. 

Who gives a shit about his opinion? Do you think you need to be smart to become a sheriff? I could learn more about the law on my way to the toilet than most redneck sheriffs could remember in a lifetime. 

He happens to be a good sheriff. Do you actually think he made that decision on his own? You don’t think dectectives and legal had a say in it? Do some of you guys ever leave the house? 

Again, do you think he’s infallible?? If you legitimately believe that the shooter was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, then ok. We disagree. Fine. But using the sheriff as an appeal to authority just because he’s a sheriff will only get you so far. Did you give Obama’s opinion in the Trayvon Martin case that much weight? After all, he was the President of the United States, which is vastly higher than a county sheriff. 

I saw the same video you saw. It didn't look justifiable to me. I think I have made that clear. The other video does give a different look and I didn't interview the shooter. I also don't like the story from the first guy or a CC holder going around as a parking lot monitor. I am not arguing any of that. We just have people here arguing Florida law, stating so many wrong things based on feels. One guy said the burden of proof is clear and convincing. Have you ever heard that in a criminal case? People don't understand what stand your ground is or means. This to me isn't the case to highlight but so many posters have no idea what they are talking about.

I have watched this sheriff for hours head the Parkland Shooting Commission. I am telling you the guy is solid. Based on that experience and me not being there or interviewing the shooter I will give the sheriff the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that would let a murder suspect free. If that makes me a dupe or patsy then so be it. If the DA decides to go ahead with charges I will be surprised but remain an interested party.

And yet, this solid sheriff doesn’t sound very smart, and his judgment seems way off. Maybe he blew his way through law school?

Isnt it interesting that everyone on this thread who carries a gun thinks this was a bad shoot? 

7/20/18 11:43 PM
10/2/12
RenatoCocopreta -
bakobell - 
Fake Pie -

Sounds completely justified. Don't go shoving people because you don't like their words. 

So being pushed down is now grounds for murder? The guy was walking away. That’s not stand your ground. That’s shoot a guy as he walks away. 

You forgot "in the back with hands up saying dont shoot", lol.

Dude. You have to be better than that. Those comparisons are nothing alike. 

Dude pulled his gun. Showed his weapon. Other guy walked away. The gun holder could have held it on him in case he came back. No need to shoot as he walks away. 

7/20/18 11:44 PM
11/18/09
Samoa -

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

I kinda agree with this. Dude turned a playground shove into a murder. Those are the type dudes I don’t want witha CCW. 

7/20/18 11:45 PM
4/28/12

Ill be shocked and embarrassed if this guy gets off. I think trayvon martin was stalked and knew he was being and so he got the guy trying to get him. That said i believe old georgie was in fear for his life for sure it was any easy case to aquitt even though zimmerman did things wrong. This case not so much and needs to do time. Not life but a good 10 year stint

7/21/18 12:00 AM
7/15/02
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

I don’t understand how the shooting and killing was justified. Was the guy under further attack? 

He could of filed charges for assault, but killing the guy ? Was he afraid for his life ?  How is that legal? 

This is the last time. Stop with the feels. Look up stand your ground(I iknow you won't bother). He doesn't have to retreat. He said he felt in fear of his life. Those are the magic words. Sheriff is good with it. I think audio would have been a lot more helpful.

Ugh. There are no magic words. The *belief* that you are in danger of ‘imminent death or great bodily harm’ needs to be borne out by the facts. Otherwise you could shoot anybody walking down the street toward you by saying ‘he looked at me in such a way that I was in fear for my life!!’

Ok you better call the sheriff that just exonerated him because he actually used those words and tell him he’s wrong. Let us know what happens. 

Who gives a shit about his opinion? Do you think you need to be smart to become a sheriff? I could learn more about the law on my way to the toilet than most redneck sheriffs could remember in a lifetime. 

He happens to be a good sheriff. Do you actually think he made that decision on his own? You don’t think dectectives and legal had a say in it? Do some of you guys ever leave the house? 

Again, do you think he’s infallible?? If you legitimately believe that the shooter was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, then ok. We disagree. Fine. But using the sheriff as an appeal to authority just because he’s a sheriff will only get you so far. Did you give Obama’s opinion in the Trayvon Martin case that much weight? After all, he was the President of the United States, which is vastly higher than a county sheriff. 

I saw the same video you saw. It didn't look justifiable to me. I think I have made that clear. The other video does give a different look and I didn't interview the shooter. I also don't like the story from the first guy or a CC holder going around as a parking lot monitor. I am not arguing any of that. We just have people here arguing Florida law, stating so many wrong things based on feels. One guy said the burden of proof is clear and convincing. Have you ever heard that in a criminal case? People don't understand what stand your ground is or means. This to me isn't the case to highlight but so many posters have no idea what they are talking about.

I have watched this sheriff for hours head the Parkland Shooting Commission. I am telling you the guy is solid. Based on that experience and me not being there or interviewing the shooter I will give the sheriff the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that would let a murder suspect free. If that makes me a dupe or patsy then so be it. If the DA decides to go ahead with charges I will be surprised but remain an interested party.

And yet, this solid sheriff doesn’t sound very smart, and his judgment seems way off. Maybe he blew his way through law school?

Isnt it interesting that everyone on this thread who carries a gun thinks this was a bad shoot? 

Is it fair to assume the sheriff has a lot more information then we do?

I don’t think it’s fair to assume he has more relevant information since he likely would have adduced it at the press conference. He acts like “stand your ground” is a magical phrase that makes it all ok. Yet the video we all see certainly seems like the “clear and convincing” evidence the prosecution would need under even the most recent change to Florida’s self-defense law.

If the sheriff is in possession of some info like, say, the pusher saying “and now I will kill you!” before being shot, he should’ve brought it up. But he didn’t.

7/21/18 12:09 AM
7/15/02
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

I don’t think it’s fair to assume he has more relevant information since he likely would have adduced it at the press conference. He acts like “stand your ground” is a magical phrase that makes it all ok. Yet the video we all see certainly seems like the “clear and convincing” evidence the prosecution would need under even the most recent change to Florida’s self-defense law.

If the sheriff is in possession of some info like, say, the pusher saying “and now I will kill you!” before being shot, he should’ve brought it up. But he didn’t.

If you don't believe the sheriff has more evidence then we do I can't take you seriously any more.

Well then why didn’t he share this information instead of speaking stupidly about the situation?

7/21/18 12:20 AM
7/15/04

That was fucking murder. You don't shoot someone because they pushed you.

That is fucking insane. 

7/21/18 12:59 AM
3/13/17
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

If you don't believe the sheriff has more evidence then we do I can't take you seriously any more.

Did you see the video? What evidence could there be ? Just curious what you think could justify that shooting. 

Or are you one of those pussies who can’t fight and shoots people when they get pushed LOL.

7/21/18 1:09 AM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonestor Sambo-Name the other punk!

“Hillary deserves to be in Leavenworth.”  

You deserve to have her in your bed  naked

Don’t drag me into your fantasies. 

You want me in drag in your fantasies ?What? 

LOL. You keep proving yourself dumber with each post. 

Prove your accusations! Let's see your advanced intellect in action

You’ve already suffered at the hands of my intellect. That’s why you’ve devolved to stupid gay ass posts of late. Quit while you’re behind, sport. 

Edited: 7/21/18 1:20 AM
1/1/01
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

If the sheriff had *definitive* evidence to contradict what was in that video then he’s an idiot for not sharing it to justify his actions. Because his actions are not justified by that vid. Now just so we’re clear, I’m not saying the video is the be-all end-all piece of evidence. But saying by that shoot was justified *based on that video* is a flat out mistake. Period. Nothing has been put out to mitigate what you see that video, to my knowledge.

“I have watched this sheriff for hours head the Parkland Shooting Commission. I am telling you the guy is solid. Based on that experience and me not being there or interviewing the shooter I will give the sheriff the benefit of the doubt.”

This would be a reasonable stance (and I understand why you’re taking it) *if* the situation were less clear (no video of incident, conflicting witness accounts, etc.). However, as it stands, that vid is very damning to the shooter. The sheriff ought to recognize that. 

7/21/18 1:56 AM
12/9/05

The guy with the gun went out with the intention to shoot/kill someone that day. The way he went straight to his weapon, despite the other guy standing there with his hands on his hips, says to me he was just waiting for someone to get in his face.

7/21/18 2:53 AM
1/1/01

Dude was backing up at the time he got shot. This will get interesting at trial. 

7/21/18 3:38 AM
3/3/12
Samoa -
QueenCityLurker -
Samoa -

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

Lol@you. Did you poor out a little Colt 45 for your fallen homie?

Seems the guy doing the shoving was the ultimate provocateur here. Don't put your hands on someone like that and you won't get shot. I can tell by your vernacular that you're the type to steer far clear of personal accountability. 

Now finish sucking off your thug boyfriend, faggot.

I’m talking about the video and you bring up guys sucking guys dicks and faggots. Do you even see what you did to yourself here?

Don’t change the subject faggot.

7/21/18 3:49 AM
1/1/01

It seems pretty insane to me that you can legally use deadly force against someone for merely pushing you, even after you've established control of the situation by pointing a gun while at a reasonably safe distance and the assailant is not attacking, indeed backing up.  Where do you draw the line?  What if it was a gentle shove instead of one that knocked the guy to the ground?  What if it was a single finger's tap on the chest?

7/21/18 4:03 AM
1/15/13
TexDeuce -

That was fucking murder. You don't shoot someone because they pushed you.

That is fucking insane. 

I cannot see any other way of looking at it than cold blooded murder.  Let us hope this scumbag gets life.

7/21/18 4:07 AM
1/1/01
Ruben Blades -
Samoa -
QueenCityLurker -
Samoa -

Lol@you. Did you poor out a little Colt 45 for your fallen homie?

Seems the guy doing the shoving was the ultimate provocateur here. Don't put your hands on someone like that and you won't get shot. I can tell by your vernacular that you're the type to steer far clear of personal accountability. 

Now finish sucking off your thug boyfriend, faggot.

I’m talking about the video and you bring up guys sucking guys dicks and faggots. Do you even see what you did to yourself here?

Don’t change the subject faggot.

What subject are you talking about?  He's just trying to stick to the point of the thread like anyone with an IQ over 85.

7/21/18 4:13 AM
6/8/08

This is the country you wanted to live in. Congrats, now you do. Shove a guy, die. 

Was the shovers fault for not being straoped and shooting first. 

So who wins? Guns of course. 

7/21/18 4:22 AM
6/8/08
Attila -

It seems pretty insane to me that you can legally use deadly force against someone for merely pushing you, even after you've established control of the situation by pointing a gun while at a reasonably safe distance and the assailant is not attacking, indeed backing up.  Where do you draw the line?  What if it was a gentle shove instead of one that knocked the guy to the ground?  What if it was a single finger's tap on the chest?

that line will keep creeping towards the NRA's interpretation of paradise. Within the next 4 years you will read about a shooting where one guy was insulted. "You are a fucking asshole bitch" he said, so I drew and emptied the mag into his chest. I felt very threatened, he sounded like he wanted to harm me. 

Guntards: Makes sense. Good thing he was carrying! 

4 years, no more. 

7/21/18 4:51 AM
6/7/08

This is why you don't assault people. While the ccw holder might have been arguing he wasn't breaking the law. A forceful shove sending a weaker person to the ground followed by stalking up over him while he's disoriented might get you the fuck shot. Not to mention there was a second person coming out of the car at the same time making the ccw holder feel even more threatened. He will not serve a day in jail, IMO. It was completely justified. 

Good shoot.