OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/21/18 4:33 PM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
RenatoCocopreta -
pfsjkd - 
RenatoCocopreta - Hey, tell that to the thugs. We dont owe them any courtesy when they assault us, and none will be given.

Attack us, get deaded, youve had your warning.

You’re gonna end up in jail one day. Probably well deserved. 

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

See ya in lockup, tough guy. 

How long you been in, convict ?

How long have you been an idiot, idiot? 

7/21/18 4:35 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie -
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -

Sounds completely justified. Don't go shoving people because you don't like their words. 

‘Sounds’ justified? Did you watch the vid??

I hadn't when I posted that. I have since. Still think he likely gets off but I do think he was a bit quick on the trigger .That said, don't assault people for no justified reason and you don't need to worry about being shot .I'm fine if the guy gets off. 

“A little quick on the trigger” can be legalese for “manslaughter”. 

7/21/18 4:43 PM
1/1/01
angryinch -
RockTheVote - 

stand your ground doesnt mean you can shoot someone for pushing you. it just means you dont have a duty to retreat. if a reasonable person would have feared for his life, its a good shoot. i cant imagine a reasonable person fearing for their life with this video.

Cops have shot people for much less, claimed it was justified due to "fear", and gotten away with it.  

Ah, the good ‘ol AI false equivalency. Just because a cop somewhere got off on a bad shoot does NOT justify this guy for getting off on his bad shoot. 

7/21/18 4:44 PM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo -

Hate to say it but more encounters like this would do society good 

Thug dead and moron locked up. And the broad gets a job

Good Lord, learn to fucking read. The shooter IS NOT LOCKED UP. THE SHERIFF HAS REFUSED TO CHARGE HIM.  

Edited: 7/21/18 4:49 PM
1/1/01

“the key point is that as long as the shooter claims that he felt threatened he is justified in eliminating that threat.” -Renato 

Jesus. Christ. Would you people quit parroting this bullshit like it’s absolute?? Even under SYG the facts need to back up your claim of being threatened. Your claim based on SYG can be challenged and denied by a judge. 

Edited: 7/21/18 5:20 PM
7/15/04

I am LTC and also an NRA member.

I would convict this guy in a heartbeat barring some extraordinary evidence or testimony.

You don't shoot someone because they pushed you. Are you fucking kidding me?

7/21/18 5:57 PM
5/5/07

This is America 

7/21/18 5:59 PM
4/11/14
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -

Sounds completely justified. Don't go shoving people because you don't like their words. 

I hadn't when I posted that. I have since. Still think he likely gets off but I do think he was a bit quick on the trigger .That said, don't assault people for no justified reason and you don't need to worry about being shot .I'm fine if the guy gets off. 

This guy was “SLOW on the trigger”

thats the problem, dude had plenty of time to decide not to shoot.

7/21/18 6:03 PM
7/2/07

How long has this sheriff been in the office e?
7/21/18 6:05 PM
5/17/08

didn't seem to be a need to shoot there...guy wasn't going in for more blows or anything.

Also seems the shooter had a history of threatening people in that parking lot

7/21/18 6:35 PM
10/13/09
Rahjai MD -

This is America 

'Murica.

#1 country in the world...

Some people claim it everyday on this forum.

7/21/18 6:45 PM
6/26/06
Sonester Sambo - 
petzi -
Rahjai MD -

This is America 

'Murica.

It is number 1. That's why all you dirt asses talk about us 

Truth.
7/21/18 6:49 PM
6/26/06
Sonester Sambo - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Sonester Sambo - 
petzi -
Rahjai MD -

This is America 

'Murica.

Truth.

They hate us Cuz they ain't us

Or is it anus? 

Its both, thats why theyre called shithole countries that aren't the USA.
7/21/18 6:52 PM
11/14/11

so if the guy shot had been carrying and had feared for his wife safety could he have just walked up and shot the guy duirng the interaction with his wife?

7/21/18 6:56 PM
2/3/16

There’s a few here I wish would move down here and push someone

7/21/18 6:56 PM
2/11/13
vincan469 -

so if the guy shot had been carrying and had feared for his wife safety could he have just walked up and shot the guy duirng the interaction with his wife?

.. this he was defending his gf and children in the car that the shooter  was harassing . Plus he has harassed other people at this store and threatened to shoot them too. Oh wait sorry I forgot the victim was black so of course most of the og sees no fault with the shooter smh

7/21/18 7:04 PM
12/2/05
vincan469 -

No because that guy was saying things not assualting people. 

7/21/18 7:08 PM
12/2/05
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -

Can be for sure. Won't be here IMO. 

7/21/18 7:10 PM
12/2/05
pfsjkd -
angryinch -
RockTheVote - 

stand your ground doesnt mean you can shoot someone for pushing you. it just means you dont have a duty to retreat. if a reasonable person would have feared for his life, its a good shoot. i cant imagine a reasonable person fearing for their life with this video.

Cops have shot people for much less, claimed it was justified due to "fear", and gotten away with it.  

Ah, the good ‘ol AI false equivalency. Just because a cop somewhere got off on a bad shoot does NOT justify this guy for getting off on his bad shoot. 

Well he has a point. If a cop would routinely get off for the same thing then we should have the same standard for the rest of us. I get your point though the solution is to charge cops in those situations not let everyone off. I'm still ok with this one 

7/21/18 7:12 PM
12/2/05
pfsjkd -

“the key point is that as long as the shooter claims that he felt threatened he is justified in eliminating that threat.” -Renato 

Jesus. Christ. Would you people quit parroting this bullshit like it’s absolute?? Even under SYG the facts need to back up your claim of being threatened. Your claim based on SYG can be challenged and denied by a judge. 

Jury. 

Fear for life or bodikt harm has to be both subjective (the shooter actually believed he was in danger) and objective (a jury agrees a reasonable person would have felt such in similar circumstances). 

However a minority of states only have the subjective standard. Florida isn't one but in those states the statement would be true that it only matters what the shooter perceived. 

7/21/18 7:15 PM
11/14/11
Fake Pie -
vincan469 -

does the assault have to happen first before your beleif there is danger allows you to shoot?

7/21/18 7:17 PM
7/15/02
Fake Pie -
vincan469 -

The person who was shot wasn’t assaulting anyone at the time he was shot. 

7/21/18 7:25 PM
7/15/02
Fake Pie -
vincan469 -

Also, you can assault people with words, as you well know. I’m not saying we have evidence that the shooter was assaulting the woman since we don’t have audio, but it’s possible. 

7/21/18 7:39 PM
6/26/06
Piyo - 
Fake Pie -
vincan469 -

Also, you can assault people with words, as you well know. I’m not saying we have evidence that the shooter was assaulting the woman since we don’t have audio, but it’s possible. 

Witnesses reported that no threats were made, it was just an argument over parking.
7/21/18 7:44 PM
10/13/09
Sonester Sambo -
petzi -
Rahjai MD -

This is America 

'Murica.

We only talk about you to laugh about you. Really. Every day.

I have traveled enough to the US to know your quality of life is waaaay below what I am used to.