OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/22/18 4:44 AM
5/14/18
Samoa -
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

Absolutely. Both are idiots. I still see a man who knew he was armed antagonizing an issue that he didn’t need to.  He created the situation. 

So you're the type of uncivilized mongrel that just goes around attacking frail old men over verbal disagreements? I hope you get shot and killed, too, you lowlife piece of trash. 

The good news is, if you're actually Samoan, you'll be dead of a heart attack in the next couple of weeks, anyway.

7/22/18 5:02 AM
8/15/14
Xxxtra_4skin -
Samoa -
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

Absolutely. Both are idiots. I still see a man who knew he was armed antagonizing an issue that he didn’t need to.  He created the situation. 

So you're the type of uncivilized mongrel that just goes around attacking frail old men over verbal disagreements? I hope you get shot and killed, too, you lowlife piece of trash. 

The good news is, if you're actually Samoan, you'll be dead of a heart attack in the next couple of weeks, anyway.

Oh the irony. U sound like what I think the old pos in the video sounds like.

Anyway, I agree with the other posters, both are idiots. I'm fine with the old man ultimately pulling out his gun, but the shoot was unnecesary imo.

7/22/18 5:13 AM
5/2/02
209'd@170 -

You can't tell from the video whether the shooters wellbeing was still under threat or not. 

If it wasn't then it's a severe overreaction to shoot a guy just for shoving you over when you were confronting his wife. 

I guess, if he was still being threatened then he was justified in drawing his pistol. Would be interesting to know if he gave the shot guy a chance to leave or if he just drew and fired straight away. 

Just seems so fucking ridiculous that someone got shot in an argument over something as petty as a parking spot. 

Theres really no winner in this situation. It was handled terribly by all

I can’t see how a shove justifies escalation to lethal force.  

I’m a CPL holder, carry most of the time and support stand your ground laws.  But I also think there should be some responsibility for armed citizens not to start shit because they’re the only one that knows there’s a gun in play.  You can’t bait people into attacking you just in hopes of getting the opportunity to shoot someone. Nor can you let that gun on your hip suddenly make you extra brave and confrontational.  

7/22/18 6:31 AM
8/6/13
nottheface -
209'd@170 -

You can't tell from the video whether the shooters wellbeing was still under threat or not. 

If it wasn't then it's a severe overreaction to shoot a guy just for shoving you over when you were confronting his wife. 

I guess, if he was still being threatened then he was justified in drawing his pistol. Would be interesting to know if he gave the shot guy a chance to leave or if he just drew and fired straight away. 

Just seems so fucking ridiculous that someone got shot in an argument over something as petty as a parking spot. 

Theres really no winner in this situation. It was handled terribly by all

I can’t see how a shove justifies escalation to lethal force.  

I’m a CPL holder, carry most of the time and support stand your ground laws.  But I also think there should be some responsibility for armed citizens not to start shit because they’re the only one that knows there’s a gun in play.  You can’t bait people into attacking you just in hopes of getting the opportunity to shoot someone. Nor can you let that gun on your hip suddenly make you extra brave and confrontational.  

I totally agree with you, mate! They're great points. 

The only way I can see him justifying shooting the other guy is if he was still being threatened after drawing his weapon. 

If he fired straight after drawing then that's pretty shitty and he should probably face charges 

7/22/18 7:21 AM
10/13/09
Sonester Sambo -
petzi -
Sonester Sambo -
petzi -
RenatoCocopreta -
petzi - 
RenatoCocopreta -
petzi - 
Sonester Sambo -
petzi -
Sonester Sambo -
petzi -
Rahjai MD -

This is America 

'Murica.

#1 country in the world...

Some people claim it everyday on this forum.

It is number 1. That's why all you dirt asses talk about us 

We only talk about you to laugh about you. Really. Every day.

I have traveled enough to the US to know your quality of life is waaaay below what I am used to. 

I live in ny. My property tax is your yearly salary. Idk why I bragging about that but I wouldn't trade places with euro trash 

Good for you. I wouldn't trade places with you either.

The US is the laughing stock of the world  How dumb must one be not to realize that ? 

This dumbass just admitted he's eurotrash, he'd probably marry a dude with aids for that green card.

Where did I say I was European?  Dumbass. Lol,

Sambo: I wouldn't trade places with euro trash

+

Your dumb ass: I wouldn't trade places with you either.

=

Yourotrash bro.

Did you fail school or is the American school system that bad? 

Well, you fit the stereotype very well, I will give you that: retarded, ignorant and insecure. Let. Me guess, you are fat too! 

I own you and your family. You're my protectorate 

Your fridge is your protectorate, fatty. 

You wish you had a fridge with food third worlder. Tell your kids dad couldn't sell enough  oranges today

I have many fridges, the best fridges, with the best food. Trust me. Nobody knows more about fridges than me, and I can tell you this : my frifges are the best. And oranges. I love oranges. I know a guy, he told me oranges are good for you so I eat them. They are terrific.

Edited: 7/22/18 8:15 AM
2/23/05

"I think this shoot is questionable, but I am also sitting at my computer, calm, on a Saturday night. Once you take someone out of that element, especially by force and violence, then all bets are off. "

Imo the most, intellectually sound, reasonable post of this entire thread.

PS the shooter will NOT be charged by the Pinellas cty Sheriff's dept as per the Sheriff himself...

https://www.rt.com/usa/433897-florida-shooting-disabled-parking/

"A Florida man who shot and killed another man in front of his children during an argument over a handicapped parking space will not face charges after the sheriff said the incident falls under the state's "stand your ground" law...Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said the state would not bring charges against Drejka, as the shooting "is within the bookends of 'stand your ground' and within the bookends of force being justified.""

So all you gorilla thugs who think you can get away with being a fucktard BULLY can suck it. Shooter was completely within his rights (as I said over and over in this thread) and the law agrees with us. Deal w it.

Be careful who you push around folks ;)

7/22/18 8:15 AM
1/1/01

Deiah Riley = yum yum! 

7/22/18 8:25 AM
7/27/13
mestregruber -

I bet that guy won't park in a handicapped space illegally again.

Give me good odds and you've got yourself a bet.

7/22/18 8:51 AM
1/1/01
Xxxtra_4skin -
Samoa -

Your post doesn’t address any point of mine. But hey, if you could put a whole bunch of emotion, with some really bland racial stereotypes and juvenile name calling into your posts they may be better understood. Focus on the emotion though; you’re off to a good start. 

7/22/18 9:17 AM
7/12/12

This

7/22/18 9:35 AM
7/12/12
Honest Lee -

What a stupid reason to die or to kill someone. That’s the prob with cc laws, people get into dumb shit that they wouldn’t if they didn’t have a gun.

I would say it’s usually the opposite. Most CC holders would prefer to never have to use their gun. A large part of the course is how to de-escelate a situation / not get involved in one to begin with.

There are exceptions like this asshole who may have had a right to condemn the parking spot offender, but knew full well the chances of a conflict escalating because of it were high. He necessarily didn’t want to have to shoot someone that day, but he also didn’t care that much if it came to it.

Otherwise, don’t say anything, don’t carry, or don’t be willing to use deadly force over being pushed.

Fuck everyone involved in this situation.

7/22/18 9:35 AM
2/7/09

No sympathy for the "victim" and hopefully that old fuck gets the book thrown at his entitled arrogant self and spend the rest of his life in a cell. Anyone who has lived in Florida knows exactly the kind of miserable old fuck he is, and he is ultimately responsible for the whole incident. 

7/22/18 9:38 AM
6/26/06
alkysmurf - 

No sympathy for the "victim" and hopefully that old fuck gets the book thrown at his entitled arrogant self and spend the rest of his life in a cell. Anyone who has lived in Florida knows exactly the kind of miserable old fuck he is, and he is ultimately responsible for the whole incident. 

You mean he committed a gross parking violation and violent assault?

Interesting perspective. Do you wear sagging skinny jeans by any chance?

7/22/18 9:46 AM
1/1/01
Wasn't there a case of a guy killing a teenager at a gas station b/c the guy complained about the teen playing loud music and then felt threatened? This also happened in florida a few years ago.

Don't know the exact details, but he man was convicted.
7/22/18 10:14 AM
1/1/01
Fake Pie -
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -
Piyo -
Fake Pie -
Piyo -
Fake Pie -
vincan469 -

so if the guy shot had been carrying and had feared for his wife safety could he have just walked up and shot the guy duirng the interaction with his wife?

No because that guy was saying things not assualting people. 

The person who was shot wasn’t assaulting anyone at the time he was shot. 

Well no one is doing anything at the moment they are shot beside getting shot. 

I’m not sure how that’s true. It’s certainly correct to say, in common language, something like “he was shot while advancing toward that man in a threatening manner”. 

Again, if you simply think that any shove opens one up to justifiable killing then just declare your strange view and be done with it. If not, state what you would’ve wanted the man to do after the shove. 

I just found it a strange comment. Like if I stabbed you and you fell down then shot me from the ground I could say well I wasn't stabbing you when you shot me! 

If you stabbed someone and they fell to the ground and you were backing away, then under most definitions of self-defense they wouldn’t be justified in shooting you (cops operate under slightly different rules). Admittedly, this could change 180 degrees depending on many small factors, but in the simple situation you used as an example, that’s how it works. 

Lol. Dude I love you but zero people ever would get convicted for shooting someone who just stabbed them. Ever. 

Getting charged and getting convicted are 2 different things. I don’t necessarily believe that the shooter in this should DEFINITELY get convicted. But I believe there’s enough evidence to *charge* him. If the attack stops, so does your right to self-defense. 

7/22/18 10:17 AM
1/1/01
jcblass -
The law really hinges on one's perception of danger, if the shooter has a justifiable reason to be fearful, then he can defend himself. It is up to him to articulate that properly. If he says, "well he fucked with me, so I shot him..." not good. If he says, "I am nearly 50 years old, I have a bad back, and he shoved me really hard, after I hit the cement, I wasn't sure I could get up, and I knew that if he got on top of me, I could have been killed, so I reacted out of fear." He has a chance.

I think this shoot is questionable, but I am also sitting at my computer, calm, on a Saturday night. Once you take someone out of that element, especially by force and violence, then all bets are off. 

So this guy was there engaging the driver, and out of nowhere he was shoved to the ground hard, by a much larger and more aggressive male, at that point, logic goes out the window and the flight or fight mechanism takes hold, so all bets are off then. In Florida you just can't blindly shove people to the ground, because if they honestly feel like they broke their hip, or their mind scrambles, and they "fear" being attacked further, then they can respond with lethal force. That's what happened here, sad, but it seems to be legal under the law. 

Great post. 

7/22/18 11:07 AM
6/20/13

Why did the shooter squeeze out a shot after the assailant backed off? It appeared that the assailant backed off when the shooter drew the gun and the situation was over. 

7/22/18 11:18 AM
1/23/13
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

Why did the shooter squeeze out a shot after the assailant backed off? It appeared that the assailant backed off when the shooter drew the gun and the situation was over. 

If you get in a fight in Florida, and they swing first, you get to kill them!
7/22/18 11:23 AM
1/1/01
Excellent. Everywhere I go I see shitbags parking in handicap or borrowing grandmas placard.

One of my friends has a leg missing and he can never get into handicap spot at a local cafe because there is trash in the spot. Usually these ghetto trash are driving a Lexus, Escalade, or BMW to boot.

One time I saw a guy with a cane whose leg appeared to be useless, limp to the entrance. He told the trash sitting in the passenger side of the car (his ratchet girlfriend wran inside to get her latte) that he could have used the spot.

His response? To tell the guy to "Fuck off." and roll up the window.

That's what people are like these days. There are repercussions for your actions - now your boyfriend is dead. Now she'll think twice about taking a handicap spot, screwing over the handicap so she can get even fatter.
7/22/18 11:33 AM
8/7/08

Hey, that lady parked in a handicapped spot! Better get my gun!

7/22/18 11:43 AM
1/10/11

Shooting someone for getting pushed is pussy shit. Dead guy is an asshole but shooter should face charges 

7/22/18 11:43 AM
6/26/06
BajiKimran - 
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

If you get in a fight in Florida, and they swing first, you get to kill them!

Dont let that stop you from assaulting peple bro, you have rights too!
Edited: 7/22/18 12:00 PM
1/1/01
pfsjkd -
jcblass -
The law really hinges on one's perception of danger, if the shooter has a justifiable reason to be fearful, then he can defend himself. It is up to him to articulate that properly. If he says, "well he fucked with me, so I shot him..." not good. If he says, "I am nearly 50 years old, I have a bad back, and he shoved me really hard, after I hit the cement, I wasn't sure I could get up, and I knew that if he got on top of me, I could have been killed, so I reacted out of fear." He has a chance.

I think this shoot is questionable, but I am also sitting at my computer, calm, on a Saturday night. Once you take someone out of that element, especially by force and violence, then all bets are off. 

So this guy was there engaging the driver, and out of nowhere he was shoved to the ground hard, by a much larger and more aggressive male, at that point, logic goes out the window and the flight or fight mechanism takes hold, so all bets are off then. In Florida you just can't blindly shove people to the ground, because if they honestly feel like they broke their hip, or their mind scrambles, and they "fear" being attacked further, then they can respond with lethal force. That's what happened here, sad, but it seems to be legal under the law. 

Great post. 

Actually it doesn’t come down to “one’s pereception”. It comes down to a normal and prudent person’s perception and what that person would do given the same circumstances. Legally at least. 

7/22/18 12:04 PM
6/26/06
Samoa - 
pfsjkd -
jcblass -
The law really hinges on one's perception of danger, if the shooter has a justifiable reason to be fearful, then he can defend himself. It is up to him to articulate that properly. If he says, "well he fucked with me, so I shot him..." not good. If he says, "I am nearly 50 years old, I have a bad back, and he shoved me really hard, after I hit the cement, I wasn't sure I could get up, and I knew that if he got on top of me, I could have been killed, so I reacted out of fear." He has a chance.

Great post. 

Actually it doesn’t come down to “one’s pereception”. It comes down to a normal and prudent person’s perception and what that person would do given the same circumstances. Legally at least. 

No, you are wrong my tubby tanned friend.

SYG allows the subjective reasoning of the shooter to determine the legality WHICH IS WHY HE WONT BE CHARGED WITH ANYTHING.
7/22/18 12:26 PM
5/13/02
Headless Samurai - 

The amount of people on here who think shooting a man dead because of a shove, is shocking. When did American men become such pussies. 

lol @ "a shove"

Yeah, it was a light use of force that barely displaced the man, amirite?!?! Practically just tickled him!