OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/20/18 10:24 AM
1/1/01
effertime -

All the tough/big guys think he should just "throw them hands". Thats obviously what big or tough guys think, they prefer to have an advantage in a violent situation.

When a smaller or less athletic person pulls out a weapon, all of a sudden its not fair and he's a pussy. But of course, they never think they're being pussies when they're fighting people smaller than them. 

Dont be violent and you wont get shot, or stabbed or whatever. Simple.

Don’t provoke situations when you are carrying your gun. It’s in the training to get a CCW.  

7/20/18 10:26 AM
6/6/08
dabigchet - 
Elon's Musk - 
Samoa - 
Elon's Musk -
Samoa - 

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

He didn't provoke an issue. The person who parked in the handicap spot is the person who provoked and started the issue.

Provoked what issue?  What issue was there to provoke when she parked in that spot?

Parking where you are not supposed to park invites criticism, since....you're not supposed to park there.

random, trigger happy assholes are not society's determiners of who is parked where they are supposed to be.

CCWs looking for trouble are absolute scum

do you really think the CCW holder was looking to shoot someone that day? I really don't see that as likely....

7/20/18 10:27 AM
3/14/16

From the vid there isn't imminent threat to shooters life.  Usually I will side with the ccw carrier . Also taking this guys history into account I can't believe his ccw wasn't revoked previously.  Dead guy has normal reaction to somebody yelling at his woman , then backs off . I don't see a deadly threat , even his posture is more wtf is going on vs I'm gonna fuck you up.  

7/20/18 10:28 AM
2/23/05
Poleeko - 

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

Yup. It is in Florida and should be everywhere else too
3/14/16
Elon's Musk -
dabigchet - 
Elon's Musk - 
Samoa - 
Elon's Musk -
Samoa - 

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

He didn't provoke an issue. The person who parked in the handicap spot is the person who provoked and started the issue.

Provoked what issue?  What issue was there to provoke when she parked in that spot?

Parking where you are not supposed to park invites criticism, since....you're not supposed to park there.

random, trigger happy assholes are not society's determiners of who is parked where they are supposed to be.

CCWs looking for trouble are absolute scum

do you really think the CCW holder was looking to shoot someone that day? I really don't see that as likely....

Given his history , yes without a doubt.  

7/3/13
Seems suspect that the dude is carrying a concealed weapon and had a history of getting into arguments over parking spots. I would say that he was hoping someone would touch him to unload on them.

And really, I never have pity for hood scum. This incident just seems like it was a setup for someone to get shot.
7/20/18 10:30 AM
2/23/05
CyberPunk - Seems suspect that the dude is carrying a concealed weapon and had a history of getting into arguments over parking spots. I would say that he was hoping someone would touch him to unload on them.

And really, I never have pity for hood scum. This incident just seems like it was a setup for someone to get shot.

Maybe it was. Doesn't change a thing about the situation.
7/20/18 10:31 AM
4/15/06
Samoa -
effertime -

All the tough/big guys think he should just "throw them hands". Thats obviously what big or tough guys think, they prefer to have an advantage in a violent situation.

When a smaller or less athletic person pulls out a weapon, all of a sudden its not fair and he's a pussy. But of course, they never think they're being pussies when they're fighting people smaller than them. 

Don’t provoke situations when you are carrying your gun. It’s in the training to get a CCW.  

This is the issue. You see it as provoking a situation. If i saw a douchebag parking in a handicap spot, id tell them to beat it...because an actu hamdicapped person mught shiw up. a

And id expect the same if i parked in one. 

Only low IQ thugs thinks that is justification for violence. 

If i saw dummy littering, id tell them to pick ut up. Am i provoking a fight? Id guess only a super ego-sensitive tough guy would say yes.

7/20/18 10:33 AM
4/15/06

That being said, if he has a history of starting shit, then thats another thing. 

7/20/18 10:34 AM
2/23/05
dabigchet - 
Akkadian88 - 
dabigchet - lol at "nothing but talking"

So what was he doing other than talking? No one deserves to be attacked for nothing but words, and if you're the kind of trash that is willing to attack someone over words, you deserve what you get.

according to the article, he was arguing.

watch the video. he was standing at the drivers door, arguing. the driver did not exit the vehicle until she saw her boyfriend approaching. when she exited her vehicle, the man yelling/arguing with her offers her no space.

if you are in a parking lot, and you see a man in your wife/girlfriends face yelling at her, how would you react?

bend the knee, perhaps?

Well that guy obviously didn't think so. His choice was to begin the conversation with a sucker shove that resulted in his own death. If he could go back in time (or if his gf could) what do you think they would do differently? Anything?
7/20/18 10:35 AM
2/23/05
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

What a moronic statement. 

Thank you I like your mom's pussy too
7/20/18 10:36 AM
6/26/06
I wish every oger siding with the physical aggressor would shove me in a parking lot, Id make the OG Great Again on that day...
7/20/18 10:39 AM
2/23/05
Stand your ground laws mean just that-they mean you don't get to impose your will on me and make me retreat by being a fucktard gorilla. It means if you try to do that I may legally defend myself and my ground with deadly force if i feel that I am in harms way. Deal with it.
7/20/18 10:40 AM
1/1/01

What a shitty reason to die.

7/20/18 10:41 AM
2/23/05
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 

It’s okay that you have nothing of substance to add. Your comments are neither witty or intelligent. You can just stop responding. 

WTF are you going on about? I realize you're a 10'er but dial the 10ing back a notch and let the real OG'ers talk huh?
7/20/18 10:44 AM
10/13/09
BJ Penn Forever -
Samoa - 
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

Absolutely. Both are idiots. I still see a man who knew he was armed antagonizing an issue that he didn’t need to.  He created the situation. 

For sure.

And normal people don't park in handicaped spots.

2 idiots. 

7/20/18 10:46 AM
7/3/13
petzi - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Samoa - 
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

Absolutely. Both are idiots. I still see a man who knew he was armed antagonizing an issue that he didn’t need to.  He created the situation. 

For sure.

And normal people don't park in handicaped spots.

2 idiots. 

I'd say pushing a person and parking in a handicap spot are considerably lesser crimes than murder.
Edited: 7/20/18 10:59 AM
2/23/05
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 

It’s okay that you have nothing of substance to add. Your comments are neither witty or intelligent. You can just stop responding. 

WTF are you going on about? I realize you're a 10'er but dial the 10ing back a notch and let the real OG'ers talk huh?

My mother and join date have nothing to do with what this thread is about yet due to being incabable of having a counter argument it is what you resort to. 

Getting pushed on your ass is not a valid reason to shoot someone. Had dude continued attacking him then it would be different, but he didn’t.  

Wrong. This goes beyond getting pushed on your ass. This is much bigger than that. The issue isn't "some guy pushed me down so I shot him", the issue is what are your God given rights as a human being.

Does someone have the right to impose their will on you through violence? If your answer is yes then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If your answer is no, then the person who was assaulted is free to defend him or herself to the absolute highest degree to which they are able.

Imo a violent threat to my person is a threat best neutralized completely and immediately. The guy yelling didn't escalate the situation with physical force until he was attacked.

The fact that you don't understand that makes me glad you're not a legislator. For all the lack of understanding out there at least Florida got this one right.

7/20/18 10:59 AM
1/1/01
effertime -
Samoa -
effertime -

This is the issue. You see it as provoking a situation. If i saw a douchebag parking in a handicap spot, id tell them to beat it...because an actu hamdicapped person mught shiw up. a

If i saw dummy littering, id tell them to pick ut up. Am i provoking a fight? Id guess only a super ego-sensitive tough guy would say yes.

It is provoking a situation. I see it for what it is. CCW holders have a responsibility to not end up doing this. He has a history of anointing himself parking lot sheriff.

7/20/18 11:00 AM
1/1/01
Samoa - 
Never_rolled -

If the guy wanted to be a parking lot monitor he should take pics of the car and tag then call the police. Confronting people is never the best method. I would guess there is some mental illness there. Those people parking in the handicap spots are also POS. The deceased also shouldn't have pushed him over words especially when they were at fault. I would guess more black males end up dead or in jail over a perceived disrespect then any other race or culture.

Good post. He’s carrying and he is out creating confrontations over parking spots. 

The comment about killings over disrespect is dead on imo. 

Agree.

I also agree that the shooter probably has a mental issue of some kind.

Probably part of his neighborhood watch too...
7/20/18 11:02 AM
2/23/05
Samoa - 
effertime -
Samoa -
effertime -

It is provoking a situation. I see it for what it is. CCW holders have a responsibility to not end up doing this. He has a history of anointing himself parking lot sheriff.

Have you ever been in a 7-11 parking lot in Florida? Some of them could use a sheriff, just sayin' Anyway this guy had every right to say something if that person was parked illegally. The dead guy had NO right to shove him. Hence speech is protected and violent actions are crimes ;)
Edited: 7/20/18 11:06 AM
2/23/05
A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death. One case describes "the 'stand your ground' law... a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an unlawful intruder."

From Wikepedia
Edited: 7/20/18 11:09 AM
8/27/08

What a stupid reason to die or to kill someone. That’s the prob with cc laws, people get into dumb shit that they wouldn’t if they didn’t have a gun.

7/20/18 11:12 AM
1/1/01
Samoa -

provokes the issue?

maybe the fuckwad shouldnt park in a fucking handicap spot when you're not handicapped

fuck him

7/20/18 11:12 AM
7/4/03
pushing a guy shouldn't be punishable by death... if it is, than the law values human life about as much as a mexican cartel does...

what's next, someone looks at you in a threatening manner or yells and you feel justified in shooting them? the new "violence was imminent" law...

the video cuts off after the push... I have to think the aggressor continued after the guy and did not just stand there...