OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/23/18 6:06 PM
1/1/01

Some people are trying to see this as "one guy or the other guy's fault".  This video is a culmination of high grade idiocy from multiple players.

7/23/18 6:15 PM
5/18/18
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

Yup. It is in Florida and should be everywhere else too

Wow well you are a giant pussy hole. Aren’t ya? 

7/23/18 6:18 PM
6/26/06
That handicapped spot is still there if any tough guys want to prove a point.
7/23/18 6:18 PM
6/10/03
donkypunch55 -
surf2live -

From the beginning everyone should have handled things better. Dont park in a handicap stall dont be a parking lot monitor dont shove an old guy and dont shoot if at all possible. 

With that said its rather easy to see why things turned out the way they did. The old guy has every right to say something about them parking there.  The guy had NO right to come and shove him to the ground. Once the shove happnes the guy hits the ground draws and shoots under 5 seconds.   He was just blind sided probably really disoriented and even more probable really scared.  He reacted to some large man shoving him to the ground for no reason. Its unfortunate the dude had to die for just trying to be a tough guy but the old guy doesn’t deserve to go to jail over it. 

Lol, what?

shoved him for no reason?  If I come out of a store and see you yelling at, hassling, etc. my old lady you can bet your ass I’m getting involved.

Was that shove a bit much?  Perhaps.  In my opinion was dipshit pussy faggot then cleared to execute a guy?  I don’t believe he was.  Do you know how long 5 seconds is?  It was long enough for the guy who shoved him to take a step a back when he drew.  I believe it was definitely long enough for Toughguy to do the math in his head and decide he’d get away with it and then do what he’s been itching to do:  shoot someone.

I guess it’s “legal” but it’s also ridiculous.  Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda and is looking to validate some dumb shit to prove a point or win an argument.

How is it reasonable for an armed individual to appoint themselves Parking Lot Police?

I agree that everyone involved could have handled that better but the rest of your post is mildly ridiculous.

Yes he pushed him for no reason. Putting your hands on someone who is juat talking/yelling is a crime for a reason. 

The dude was 5 feet from the car and there was no reason for him to push the shooter like that. Did he deserve to get shot no but if you look at it objectively it’s prerty easy to logically see why he did get shot.  Both dudes were assholes in this situation, it’s unfortunate but the one asshole who started a violent confrontation got killed by an older asshole with a gun. 

Question for everyone in the thread that feels the push was ok. Say the black comes out and makes the push but the older guy hits his head and gets knocked-out/killed instead. Is everyone still ok with the push?  I would bet most would say no

Edited: 7/23/18 6:27 PM
7/20/04
donkypunch55 -
surf2live -

From the beginning everyone should have handled things better. Dont park in a handicap stall dont be a parking lot monitor dont shove an old guy and dont shoot if at all possible. 

With that said its rather easy to see why things turned out the way they did. The old guy has every right to say something about them parking there.  The guy had NO right to come and shove him to the ground. Once the shove happnes the guy hits the ground draws and shoots under 5 seconds.   He was just blind sided probably really disoriented and even more probable really scared.  He reacted to some large man shoving him to the ground for no reason. Its unfortunate the dude had to die for just trying to be a tough guy but the old guy doesn’t deserve to go to jail over it. 

Lol, what?

shoved him for no reason?  If I come out of a store and see you yelling at, hassling, etc. my old lady you can bet your ass I’m getting involved.

Was that shove a bit much?  Perhaps.  In my opinion was dipshit pussy faggot then cleared to execute a guy?  I don’t believe he was.  Do you know how long 5 seconds is?  It was long enough for the guy who shoved him to take a step a back when he drew.  I believe it was definitely long enough for Toughguy to do the math in his head and decide he’d get away with it and then do what he’s been itching to do:  shoot someone.

I guess it’s “legal” but it’s also ridiculous.  Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda and is looking to validate some dumb shit to prove a point or win an argument.

How is it reasonable for an armed individual to appoint themselves Parking Lot Police?

I agree that everyone involved could have handled that better but the rest of your post is mildly ridiculous.

Everything you say is right except that the deceased violently assaulted the shooter. You yourself say that you would get involved and say something -I think most of us would but that's very different from the push that happened.

What happened in the video when it entered the physical realm changes everything 

7/23/18 6:32 PM
11/9/04

Stopped reading at "Florida Man"
7/23/18 6:40 PM
3/21/12
Positive Energy - 

The problem is that this event does not scale. In other words, if all ccw holders acted like this dipshit then ccw rights would be gone within a few years. A properly written and enforced law should be scaleable without becoming a farce.

This is Florida of course, barely a functioning state so we must keep that in mind.

That's my problem with him not being charged. It seems like it would be real easy to go around provoking people with words and blasting them away after they hit you.
7/23/18 7:13 PM
4/11/14
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

The problem is that this event does not scale. In other words, if all ccw holders acted like this dipshit then ccw rights would be gone within a few years. A properly written and enforced law should be scaleable without becoming a farce.

This is Florida of course, barely a functioning state so we must keep that in mind.

That's my problem with him not being charged. It seems like it would be real easy to go around provoking people with words and blasting them away after they hit you.

This is why I don’t understand the mindset of those who defend this event. 

If you support CCW laws, you should want situations like this to be prosecuted.

7/23/18 7:29 PM
6/26/06
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

If you support not having violent thugs in our society you should support the shooter.

But you obviously identify with the thug more than with decent law abiding society.

Guess what, society doesn't want or need you.
7/23/18 7:42 PM
4/11/14
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

If you support not having violent thugs in our society you should support the shooter.

But you obviously identify with the thug more than with decent law abiding society.

I’m more concerned with Americans retaining the right to defend themselves when their life is actually in danger.

I’m not at all interested in vigilante justice being carried out under the guise of “self defense”.

I also don’t “identify” as anything, that’s for SJWs like you who place feelings over facts.

7/23/18 8:15 PM
6/26/06
Positive Energy - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

I’m more concerned with Americans retaining the right to defend themselves when their life is actually in danger.

I’m not at all interested in vigilante justice being carried out under the guise of “self defense”.

I also don’t “identify” as anything, that’s for SJWs like you who place feelings over facts.

Lol at you and your fear of the 2A being taken away from us. It is our God given right, no man can take it away.

The 2A is about guns, not feelings. Fuck your feelings.

7/23/18 8:19 PM
4/11/14
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

Lol at you and your fear of the 2A being taken away from us. It is our God given right, no man can take it away.

Except you’re obsessed with the shooter’s feelings:

”he FELT scared, therefore his FEELINGS justify the shooting! Facts based on actual video evidence don’t matter!”

-Renato

You also just aren’t very bright, as evidenced by your 2nd amendment views.

7/23/18 9:02 PM
9/20/06
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

Why do you keep calling this guy a thug? Because he shoved some limp wristed pussy with a gun who was being confrontational with his wife and child in the car? 

7/23/18 9:13 PM
6/26/06
Headless Samurai - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

Why do you keep calling this guy a thug? Because he shoved some limp wristed pussy with a gun who was being confrontational with his wife and child in the car? 

Im sorry but this thread just isnt good natured anymore. I bid you all adieu.

Bang bang.
7/23/18 9:17 PM
4/11/14
RenatoCocopreta -
Headless Samurai - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

Bang bang.

Lol, we know why Renato

7/23/18 9:19 PM
6/26/06
Positive Energy - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Headless Samurai - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

Bang bang.

Lol, we know why Renato

pew pew pew
7/23/18 9:47 PM
3/13/18

Provacation seems to be the key word. Who provoked who.

Here's a time old 101 driver ed law carved in the books: don't park in a handicap space. Not a 'no stopping here' zone or a parking between '7 am and 7 pm' zone.

What does a reasonable person (if you can even be that if you do this) expect when you counter the time old ingrained law of not parking in a handicap spot? What do you expect to happen? Youtube shows many similar encounters.

But what do you expect if you do do that? Some one says hey you shouldn't parking there be more considerate as a citizen of the world. Obey they laws. Yeah well I just being here a minute so my bea can grap some chips.

Is okay?

Is the response the same if a cop comes up and says move. The law is the law. Can you not understand it.

Well officer I just got off work with my young children and we just wanna grab some chips, sorry couldn't be fucking bothered to steer the car 10 ft to the right in order to obey the law because I'm tired.

Who provoked who? Inconsiderate lazy assholes who don't think the law applies to them, or someone who in all likely hood based on his posuture in the ground is a gimp himself, telling then that? What's the difference a non cop parking meter maid half authorative figure coming over and saying you need to move you cannot use this spot, a gimp who's entitled to that spot or a cop with full authority.

See, the problem lies with the mind set of the victim and his girlffriend. We did nothing wrong. Just a minute is all, we broke the law for only a few seconds and somone called us on it, who the fuck are they to point that out.

Lie this guy, hey I'll walk into the store grab some beer and walk out, what can they do?  I'll just take stuff that is not mine. Not even attempt to hide it, not even strong arm it with a knife or a gun. Just walk into the store, grab shit that isn't mine and walk out and fuck you what you going to do about it. Piece of human garbage just saunters in, without a care in the world, takes the beer and walks out. Who does that?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6OPlCdFjs

Oh but its just  a case of beer. OMG.  What kind of fucking animal of which planet thinks that this normal behavior. To walk into another mans livlihood and walk out with out a care in the world taking stuff without paying for it. Oh yeah.  "what you gonna do about it".  OMG its just a case of beer you can't shoot someone for that.

OMG it's just a parking space you can't shoot somone over that.

How about getting in sync with a civilized society and not provocating it yourselves, you pieces of shit.

7/23/18 10:07 PM
5/2/02
surf2live -
donkypunch55 -
surf2live -

Lol, what?

Yes he pushed him for no reason. Putting your hands on someone who is juat talking/yelling is a crime for a reason. 

The dude was 5 feet from the car and there was no reason for him to push the shooter like that. Did he deserve to get shot no but if you look at it objectively it’s prerty easy to logically see why he did get shot.  Both dudes were assholes in this situation, it’s unfortunate but the one asshole who started a violent confrontation got killed by an older asshole with a gun. 

Question for everyone in the thread that feels the push was ok. Say the black comes out and makes the push but the older guy hits his head and gets knocked-out/killed instead. Is everyone still ok with the push?  I would bet most would say no

No ones saying the push was ok.  People are saying a lethal force response to a push isn’t ok.  

Edited: 7/23/18 10:26 PM
5/11/11
3fie -

Here's a time old 101 driver ed law carved in the books: don't park in a handicap space. Not a 'no stopping here' zone or a parking between '7 am and 7 pm' zone.

What does a reasonable person (if you can even be that if you do this) expect when you counter the time old ingrained law of not parking in a handicap spot? What do you expect to happen? Youtube shows many similar encounters.

But what do you expect if you do do that? Some one says hey you shouldn't parking there be more considerate as a citizen of the world. Obey they laws. Yeah well I just being here a minute so my bea can grap some chips.

Is okay?

Is the response the same if a cop comes up and says move. The law is the law. Can you not understand it.

Well officer I just got off work with my young children and we just wanna grab some chips, sorry couldn't be fucking bothered to steer the car 10 ft to the right in order to obey the law because I'm tired.

Who provoked who? Inconsiderate lazy assholes who don't think the law applies to them, or someone who in all likely hood based on his posuture in the ground is a gimp himself, telling then that? What's the difference a non cop parking meter maid half authorative figure coming over and saying you need to move you cannot use this spot, a gimp who's entitled to that spot or a cop with full authority.

See, the problem lies with the mind set of the victim and his girlffriend. We did nothing wrong. Just a minute is all, we broke the law for only a few seconds and somone called us on it, who the fuck are they to point that out.

Lie this guy, hey I'll walk into the store grab some beer and walk out, what can they do?  I'll just take stuff that is not mine. Not even attempt to hide it, not even strong arm it with a knife or a gun. Just walk into the store, grab shit that isn't mine and walk out and fuck you what you going to do about it. Piece of human garbage just saunters in, without a care in the world, takes the beer and walks out. Who does that?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6OPlCdFjs

Oh but its just  a case of beer. OMG.  What kind of fucking animal of which planet thinks that this normal behavior. To walk into another mans livlihood and walk out with out a care in the world taking stuff without paying for it. Oh yeah.  "what you gonna do about it".  OMG its just a case of beer you can't shoot someone for that.

How about getting in sync with a civilized society and not provocating it yourselves, you pieces of shit.

Didn’t know george zimmerman posted here. I’d feel a lot safer if a cop was telling my family to move then some weak insecure confrontational man with a gun.

7/23/18 10:40 PM
3/13/18

Here's a weird idea.  Act and behave like a normal human being and you may last a long time on earth.

7/23/18 10:53 PM
4/28/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

God given right? You idiot, why cause the constitution says so? What if they changed it tomorrow? Would it atill be god given? God had nothing to so with it. So guns grow out the ground? So stupid. Its an american write that was written that way. Oh you think its god given? Get convicted of a felony. See if its still god given 

7/24/18 12:25 AM
5/2/02

47 is at best middle aged.  

7/24/18 12:48 AM
11/9/04
Never_rolled - 
4pdboxing -

Stopped reading at "Florida Man"

Yet felt the need to post.

Take a break from posting, Florida man
7/24/18 12:52 AM
9/12/03
SPTT_Nolaguy -

So a street hooligan pushed over an elderly person that could have killed him from hitting his head on the concrete over words, gets shot, and you filthy apologists are angry that the assault victim caught back?

fags 

Not picking a side here, I just want to know:

has as it been revealed that this guy has a criminal past or is it just the fact that he is black? 

I hope with some of the stuff being said here he is some multiple offender... 

7/24/18 2:14 AM
7/12/03
iqwrestler - 
3fie -

Is okay?

Didn’t know george zimmerman posted here. I’d feel a lot safer if a cop was telling my family to move then some weak insecure confrontational man with a gun.

The problem with the Zimmerman comparison is he actually took an ass whipping for over 45 seconds.