OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/24/18 3:57 AM
2/20/09
Choked72 -
donkypunch55 -
surf2live -

From the beginning everyone should have handled things better. Dont park in a handicap stall dont be a parking lot monitor dont shove an old guy and dont shoot if at all possible. 

With that said its rather easy to see why things turned out the way they did. The old guy has every right to say something about them parking there.  The guy had NO right to come and shove him to the ground. Once the shove happnes the guy hits the ground draws and shoots under 5 seconds.   He was just blind sided probably really disoriented and even more probable really scared.  He reacted to some large man shoving him to the ground for no reason. Its unfortunate the dude had to die for just trying to be a tough guy but the old guy doesn’t deserve to go to jail over it. 

Lol, what?

shoved him for no reason?  If I come out of a store and see you yelling at, hassling, etc. my old lady you can bet your ass I’m getting involved.

Was that shove a bit much?  Perhaps.  In my opinion was dipshit pussy faggot then cleared to execute a guy?  I don’t believe he was.  Do you know how long 5 seconds is?  It was long enough for the guy who shoved him to take a step a back when he drew.  I believe it was definitely long enough for Toughguy to do the math in his head and decide he’d get away with it and then do what he’s been itching to do:  shoot someone.

I guess it’s “legal” but it’s also ridiculous.  Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda and is looking to validate some dumb shit to prove a point or win an argument.

How is it reasonable for an armed individual to appoint themselves Parking Lot Police?

I agree that everyone involved could have handled that better but the rest of your post is mildly ridiculous.

Everything you say is right except that the deceased violently assaulted the shooter. You yourself say that you would get involved and say something -I think most of us would but that's very different from the push that happened.

What happened in the video when it entered the physical realm changes everything 

Agreed.  

I’m not condoning the assault; I’m including all factors and arriving at the opinion that that wasn’t a good shoot.

I’m aware that Florida law says otherwise but that’s my opinion.

7/24/18 9:32 AM
3/26/09
nottheface -

47 is at best middle aged.  

Lol, people keep saying he was elderly, old and frail. I'm like, hey wait a minute, I'm 47..

7/24/18 4:24 PM
5/2/02
Snappy Whistleteeth -
nottheface -

47 is at best middle aged.  

Lol, people keep saying he was elderly, old and frail. I'm like, hey wait a minute, I'm 47..

Welcome to your golden years

7/24/18 6:11 PM
12/31/05
3fie -

Here's a weird idea.  Act and behave like a normal human being and you may last a long time on earth.

Not necessarily if you live in America.

7/24/18 8:45 PM
6/26/06
I just got from a bro who went to check out the location of the self defense incident and there is currently a large BLM group protesting at the mini mart parking lot.

You heard it here first, and theres more than a few club bros strategically monitoring the protest, ready to jump at any moment.
7/24/18 8:58 PM
12/2/05
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

The problem is that this event does not scale. In other words, if all ccw holders acted like this dipshit then ccw rights would be gone within a few years. A properly written and enforced law should be scaleable without becoming a farce.

This is Florida of course, barely a functioning state so we must keep that in mind.

That's my problem with him not being charged. It seems like it would be real easy to go around provoking people with words and blasting them away after they hit you.

Dont get provoked into comitting crimes by words. Solved. 

7/25/18 12:06 AM
11/18/09
RenatoCocopreta - I just got from a bro who went to check out the location of the self defense incident and there is currently a large BLM group protesting at the mini mart parking lot.

You heard it here first, and theres more than a few club bros strategically monitoring the protest, ready to jump at any moment.

I’m sure all parties will act accordingly. 

7/25/18 12:09 AM
1/1/01

Still looked like murder to me

7/25/18 3:17 PM
6/26/06
Stronghold - 

Still looked like murder to me

Your lack of knowledge on what constitutes assault, self defense and murder could literally cost you your life one day. I pray that you get learnt soon bro.
7/25/18 3:28 PM
12/6/16
tanner904 -
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Positive Energy - 
TzTinkle -
Positive Energy - 

The problem is that this event does not scale. In other words, if all ccw holders acted like this dipshit then ccw rights would be gone within a few years. A properly written and enforced law should be scaleable without becoming a farce.

This is Florida of course, barely a functioning state so we must keep that in mind.

That's my problem with him not being charged. It seems like it would be real easy to go around provoking people with words and blasting them away after they hit you.

This is why I don’t understand the mindset of those who defend this event. 

If you support CCW laws, you should want situations like this to be prosecuted.

If you support not having violent thugs in our society you should support the shooter.

But you obviously identify with the thug more than with decent law abiding society.

Guess what, society doesn't want or need you.

I’m more concerned with Americans retaining the right to defend themselves when their life is actually in danger.

I’m not at all interested in vigilante justice being carried out under the guise of “self defense”.

I also don’t “identify” as anything, that’s for SJWs like you who place feelings over facts.

Lol at you and your fear of the 2A being taken away from us. It is our God given right, no man can take it away.

The 2A is about guns, not feelings. Fuck your feelings.

God given right? You idiot, why cause the constitution says so? What if they changed it tomorrow? Would it atill be god given? God had nothing to so with it. So guns grow out the ground? So stupid. Its an american write that was written that way. Oh you think its god given? Get convicted of a felony. See if its still god given 

This is the sort of nihlistic outlook that is eating a way at the foundations of western civ.

There was a time when the majority of Westerner's believed in God given rights and fought to the death to not have them infringed upon.

It's like that saying goes, soft times create weak men.

Good thing the courts don't agree with you.  The Ninth circuit recently stated:

"Several legal treatises that were in wide circulation throughout the founding era support our textual understanding of “bear arms.” In an early American edition of Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England—indeed, the “most important” edition, as Heller points out, see 554 U.S. at 594, 128 S.Ct. 2783—St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary and former influential Antifederalist, insisted that the right to armed self-defense is the “first law of nature” and that “the right of the people to keep and bear arms” is the “true palladium of liberty. . . .

Blackstone himself espoused a similarly sacred view on the right to bear arms for Englishmen, which was most notably codified in the 1689 English Declaration of Rights . . . .

As Blackstone explained, the 1689 Declaration enshrined “the natural right of resistance and self-preservation” and “the right of having and using arms for self-preservation and defence.” 1 William Blackstone, Commentaries *144.8 It followed from Blackstone's premise that such a right, the predecessor to our Second Amendment, “was by the time of the founding understood to be an individual right protecting against both public and private violence.” Heller, 554 U.S. at 594, 128 S.Ct. 2783 (emphasis added); see also 2 William Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of England 441 (Edward Christian ed., 1795) (“[E]veryone is at liberty to keep or carry a gun, if he does not use it for the [unlawful] destruction of game.”)."

The right to bear arms for self defense is a fundamental right.

I Wanted to Be a Good Mom. So I Got a Gun.

A few months after my father left our family home for good, my mother heard me screaming in the middle of the night. It was the kind of scream that made her grab her rifle in one hand and some ammo in another.

It was a spring night and I was sleeping with my window open, which was right above my bed; I loved breathing in the fresh air. That night, in that open window, I heard the banging of a ladder, and by the time my mother made it into the room and began loading her gun, a man was about to climb in.

She said something along the lines of: “Bethany, come over here. I don’t want you to get his brain matter on your face.” I backed up behind her and my mother raised her gun. The would-be intruder slowly backed down the ladder. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/05/opinion/mom-gun-safety-intruder.html

Edited: 7/25/18 3:36 PM
1/1/01

Should be charged

When he pulled the gun the situation ended...guy backed up

He went ahead and pulled trigger when there was no more danger... pussy got pushed dddo for being a whiney bitch then decided to kill someone cause hes a pussy ass bitch

7/25/18 3:40 PM
6/26/06
Jerkie - 

Should be charged

He went ahead and pulled trigger when there was no more danger... pussy got pushed dddo for being a whiney bitch then decided to kill someone cause hes a pussy ass bitch

One step back does not somehow erase a violent slam, the victim was still in danger and the law obviously agrees.
7/25/18 5:51 PM
6/8/08
RenatoCocopreta -
Jerkie - 

Should be charged

One step back does not somehow erase a violent slam, the victim was still in danger and the law obviously agrees.

lmfao@a violent slam. 

oh, and btw, a violent slam, with no further agression, so just a violent slam, does not justify a death sentence. you are hillarous.... 

so yes, stepping back DOES play a vital (no pun intended) role here. 

He's been walking around with his peace at his hips, forever. Huge hardon and fantasizing how he'll be the big hero one day. When he saw that opportunity, he jumped on it and got that bullet into a another person, finally. 

I killed a man once, he'll be able to say in bars, with his boner in the pants. Many of you can absolutely identify with that loser, that's why you're jumping in to white knight that murderer. 

7/25/18 5:58 PM
12/2/05
RenatoCocopreta -
Jerkie - 

Should be charged

Its not over yet. 

7/25/18 11:24 PM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -

SYG just gives whitey a license to kill innocent law abiding black men. This racism must end. Maybe the black man was approaching him after the shove to help him up and apologize 

If by approach you mean back away yeah you nailed it. 

7/25/18 11:42 PM
2/2/15
RenatoCocopreta -
Jerkie - 

Should be charged

Jesus Christ, that was nothing more than a schoolyard shove. Honest to god, I cannot believe what an unapologetic pussy you are. I can only imagine how much you must have gotten your ass kicked in highschool to think what happened in this video was worth shooting someone over. Go find your balls.

7/26/18 12:42 AM
2/20/09

This thread is like someone shot up an “I used to get my ass kicked” flare in the parking lot and the cowards  came a-runnin’.

Within the confines of law, apparently you can make the case for that shoot being “good”, meaning legal.

Using any other metric available, the shooter is a coward on multiple levels.

7/26/18 12:49 AM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -

No by approach I mean the three steps he took toward him before he pulled his weapon. Obviously just to help him up. Why else would he do that

Well how is he going to help him up if he is backing up as the shooter gets his gun out and then takes a clear step back before he is shot?  Is he Mister Fantastic?

7/26/18 2:16 AM
6/8/08
RATINGSKILLER -

No by approach I mean the three steps he took toward him before he pulled his weapon. Obviously just to help him up. Why else would he do that

Your trolling is weak. 

But lets go with that. Maybe he was surprised how fast the murder guy fell and actually wanted to help him up and say: see, that's what happens when you go off the rails, but I shouldnt have pushed you that hard. 

Maybe he wanted to approach him to stand above him and scream: Are you still feeling great about yourself, screaming at a woman like that? 

And so on. Fact is, we will never know because: 

a) He stopped, and backed up. As in creating distance between him and his murder. 

b) He got murdered. 

7/26/18 2:54 AM
6/8/08
holly9000 -
Piyo - 
Bad Monkey -

There is no fucking way that is where the video ends.  It was cut short to either establish a narrative, or to edit out the man being shot.  I'll reserve judgement until the rest of the facts come out.  My opinion as it stand, if the dead guy was really backing off, CCW guy should be in jail.  If dead guy makes even the slightest move toward CCW guy, it's a good shoot.  

This is also a great example of the stupidity that can happen when assholes engage each other in the wild.

I think his is basically correct. If more video comes out showing the deceased moving toward the shooter, I’ll reverse course. 

So after someone assaults me I should we wait to see if he's serious or just posturing? That happened pretty fast. Knockdown, draw, fire.

Do we have some sort of timetable we should follow before we stop a threat to our personal safety? Wait a few minutes maybe? Give the huge crazy a guy a moment to reflect on what he's doing...maybe he'll realize he's being a real jerk and will stop beating me!

You do understand that there's comes a time when it's too late right? You really, genuinely believe that you'll know when that is if, God forbid, you're ever in this situation? I hope so! As for me I'm going with shoot first and ask questions later. It seems to work for the LEO's and as long as I'm in Florida it's legal as whacking off in the shower

Look how those fuckers use their words. "Assault". Sounds like 80 allies storming a sandy beach you are tasked to protect. Or 15 crazed guys with nails in their baseball bats and Mad Max Cars charging you. 

Doesnt sound like a Dude pushing you, and you landing on your butt, does it? 

Mind you, if that guy wanted to seriously hurt you, he would have opened with a ghetto suckerpunch to your temple, instead of a shove. 

And again: "One month prior he pulled the same thing on another guy that parked in the handicap spot. He then called the guys company that he worked for and allegedly threatened to kill him. The store manager says the guy is a parking lot menace."

This guy was just waiting for this to happen. 

7/26/18 8:48 AM
2/23/05
Average - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Jerkie - 

Should be charged

lmfao@a violent slam. 

oh, and btw, a violent slam, with no further agression, so just a violent slam, does not justify a death sentence. you are hillarous.... 

so yes, stepping back DOES play a vital (no pun intended) role here. 

He's been walking around with his peace at his hips, forever. Huge hardon and fantasizing how he'll be the big hero one day. When he saw that opportunity, he jumped on it and got that bullet into a another person, finally. 

I killed a man once, he'll be able to say in bars, with his boner in the pants. Many of you can absolutely identify with that loser, that's why you're jumping in to white knight that murderer. 

"Many of you can absolutely identify with that loser, that's why you're jumping in to white knight that murderer. "

You mean the way you identify with the DEAD CRIMINAL THUG?

BOO HOO-you can't push people around without fear of them killing you!

LOL too fucking bad. Go cry in your supplements. Neanderthal.
7/26/18 9:22 AM
11/18/09

Why are people calling the dead guy a criminal thug? Because he shoved someone?

7/26/18 9:29 AM
2/23/05
PhillyFights - 

Why are people calling the dead guy a criminal thug? Because he shoved someone?

Because he chose to impose his will, illegally, upon someone else using violence

That's a crime. He's a thug. Hence the description.
7/26/18 9:36 AM
1/1/01
donkypunch55 - 

This thread is like someone shot up an “I used to get my ass kicked” flare in the parking lot and the cowards  came a-runnin’.

Within the confines of law, apparently you can make the case for that shoot being “good”, meaning legal.

Using any other metric available, the shooter is a coward on multiple levels.

yep...soon as gun was pulled "thug" stepped back

one step forward i could see fear caused him to shoot...but that wasnt the case and the pussy shot him cold blooded

so many pussies outing themselves on here... almost as bad as the pedo lovers sticking up for James Gunn
7/26/18 9:41 AM
1/1/01

I never saw the part of the footage where the old man's life was in danger. Also, he was being a loud asshole so I can't feel empathy for him getting shoved