OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

8/14/18 7:33 AM
7/28/08

This gentleman will walk. That guy only started backing up once he saw the gun and if you can't see that you're lying to yourself.

8/14/18 7:36 AM
7/28/08

As other posters of said the only reason this is news is because it was a black man shot by a white guy. There have been multiple more questionable stand your ground cases that saw no arrests let alone jail time.

Edited: 8/14/18 8:11 AM
11/9/10
JPro -

This gentleman will walk. That guy only started backing up once he saw the gun and if you can't see that you're lying to yourself.

I watched it again and you are correct. I still don't know if force is justified then as the assailant was backing up at that point you're no longer in danger get up and get out of there. But that's just my interpretation of the situation and I could be way off. 

It's something so trivial why put yourself or anyone's life in danger over something like that.

Edited: 8/14/18 8:36 AM
10/25/05
TexDeuce -

I've got no problem with him yelling at the piece of shit bitch parking in handicap. I wouldn't personally do it and think it is a bit much, but fuck you for parking there. Good for him.

The husband shouldn't have pushed the guy. These days you really can't touch anyone for anything as there is so much potential for problems.

However, you SURE AS FUCK can't shoot someone just because they gave you a little shove and backed up. No way we can live in a society where that is acceptable.

That is fucking insane. There is a time and a place to shoot someone dead and it be justified. This sure as hell isn't it and this guy needs to do serious time.

TexDuece has omoplata'd the correct. This should be the end of the thread. No intelligent person can conclude otherwise. 

8/14/18 8:37 AM
10/25/05
JPro -

Thats retarded. He's under no obligation to shoot simply because he pulled out his gun. 

8/14/18 9:59 AM
4/28/12

As expected he was charged 

8/14/18 10:26 AM
1/27/14
TexDeuce -

I've got no problem with him yelling at the piece of shit bitch parking in handicap. I wouldn't personally do it and think it is a bit much, but fuck you for parking there. Good for him.

The husband shouldn't have pushed the guy. These days you really can't touch anyone for anything as there is so much potential for problems.

However, you SURE AS FUCK can't shoot someone just because they gave you a little shove and backed up. No way we can live in a society where that is acceptable.

That is fucking insane. There is a time and a place to shoot someone dead and it be justified. This sure as hell isn't it and this guy needs to do serious time.

I agree with you except for the yelling at the lady parked in a handicapped spot. When you are carrying you need to avoid petty confrontations like that. 

8/14/18 10:39 AM
7/15/04
Kwang -

In my area I am seeing more Billy the Kid types wearing a sidearm in public. It definitely makes me feel safer knowing these men will be on the front line protecting against government tyranny. (Or shooting someone over an inconsequential scuffle) 

I think open carry is dumb as fuck. But don't get it twisted.

At least in Texas, we keep extensive records of crime committed by people licensed to carry and if they made up their own country it would be safer and have less violence than any major country in the world except Japan per the crime stats.

8/14/18 11:02 AM
1/1/01
JPro -

Wrong. 

8/14/18 11:06 AM
12/2/05
I bet he walks but more because Florida jury. It is closer than either side wants to admit. Should be an interesting trial, I hope they stream it like Zimmerman's. I wonder if he will try and get the same counsel.
8/14/18 11:51 AM
6/10/02

It's a shit sandwich all the way around. 

Don't park in a handicapped spot. But at least she stayed with the car and could have moved it if a legit vehicle needed the spot. 

Don't just walk up to someone and shove them to the ground. Especially if your 5 year old is with you. Try to de-escalate, or just leave. 

But I put most of the moral failure on the shooter. Who knows about the legalities, and while I could be wrong, it really smells like this is the kind of guy who looks to start confrontations and was itching to use his weapon. 

Nobody in this encounter is completely clean, but I think the shooter is the most morally bankrupt. 

8/14/18 5:45 PM
11/28/03

we dont know he was yelling at the lady

on the video it looked like she was gettin out of the car to escalate the situation right before her dead man did

8/14/18 5:52 PM
1/1/01

I saw the video but missed the part where the old guy's life was threatened or in danger. May be he was allergic to asphalt

8/14/18 7:08 PM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -
Stronghold -

I saw the video but missed the part where the old guy's life was threatened or in danger. May be he was allergic to asphalt

I saw the video where a criminal got shot in the act of committing a crime. 

Then you had better pray to your gawd that the old.man never catches you speeding

8/14/18 7:15 PM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -
Stronghold -

I saw the video where a criminal got shot in the act of committing a crime. 

No, you saw a video of a criminal who got shot AFTER he committed a crime. 

8/14/18 7:30 PM
6/26/06
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

What did we learn here kids? 

Don't show up to a gun fight with a blunt wrap.

Wow. You’re a real piece of shit. 

No, you are.
8/14/18 7:40 PM
10/29/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

You have made a complete fool of yourself in this thread. The fact that you don't even realize it is hilarious and very entertaining.

8/14/18 7:43 PM
10/2/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

I’m happy your hero is in jail and charged with an appropriate crime. That scum bag gives a terrible name to every gun owner in America. 

8/14/18 8:02 PM
8/25/07
RATINGSKILLER -
bakobell -
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

I’m happy your hero is in jail and charged with an appropriate crime. That scum bag gives a terrible name to every gun owner in America. 

Our hero is innocent until proven otherwise last time I checked.

That is true.  Much the same way that Nicholas Cruz is innocent because he hasnt had a trial yet.

8/14/18 8:13 PM
10/2/12
RATINGSKILLER -
bakobell -
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

Our hero is innocent until proven otherwise last time I checked.

I never said he’s been proven guilty. I said I was glad he was charged with a crime and that he gives a terrible image to every gun owener in America. 

8/14/18 8:33 PM
6/26/06
Ghost Of Don Logan - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

You have made a complete fool of yourself in this thread. The fact that you don't even realize it is hilarious and very entertaining.

I predicted this bogus public relations indictment that will never result in a conviction. And if its assigned to an honest judge it wont even make it to trial.
8/14/18 8:40 PM
10/29/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Ghost Of Don Logan - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Poleeko - 
RATINGSKILLER -

No, you are.

I predicted this bogus public relations indictment that will never result in a conviction. And if its assigned to an honest judge it wont even make it to trial.

Again for the record....

"He wont be charged because there is zero legal case against him, better believe they wish they could because the backlash will be monstrous, but they cant. Legally the shooter is solid as a rock, cant be touched."

- Renato Cocopreta

8/14/18 8:52 PM
1/1/01

Sounds like a good policy. Act like an asshole until someone pushes you and then legally blow them away without warning. Anyone that defends this is a piece of garbage.

8/14/18 8:58 PM
10/29/12
Whambo -

Sounds like a good policy. Act like an asshole until someone pushes you and then legally blow them away without warning. Anyone that defends this is a piece of garbage.

For a lot of people on here it's a wet dream.

8/14/18 9:04 PM
12/7/09

I’m for concealed carry and for stand your grown when you are being pursued or attacked. He could have drawn his weapon and told the guy to back up but he didn’t, he killed a guy over bull shit. He did it out of anger; not fear which makes him a pos..