OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/20/18 11:13 AM
5/23/07
holly9000 - 
Poleeko - 

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

Yup. It is in Florida and should be everywhere else too

Haha ur such a pussy

USA USA USA!
1/1/01
Akkadian88 - 
Samoa -
effertime -

All the tough/big guys think he should just "throw them hands". Thats obviously what big or tough guys think, they prefer to have an advantage in a violent situation.

When a smaller or less athletic person pulls out a weapon, all of a sudden its not fair and he's a pussy. But of course, they never think they're being pussies when they're fighting people smaller than them. 

Dont be violent and you wont get shot, or stabbed or whatever. Simple.

Don’t provoke situations when you are carrying your gun. It’s in the training to get a CCW.  

Florida is a shall issue state. There is no training required. 

Not exactly.  You still have to take a course and demonstrate minimum competency with a handgun.  

It's not a high standard, and you'd have to be a complete doofus to not pass the competency test, but it is something. 

4/15/06
Samoa -
effertime -
Samoa -
effertime -

All the tough/big guys think he should just "throw them hands". Thats obviously what big or tough guys think, they prefer to have an advantage in a violent situation.

When a smaller or less athletic person pulls out a weapon, all of a sudden its not fair and he's a pussy. But of course, they never think they're being pussies when they're fighting people smaller than them. 

Don’t provoke situations when you are carrying your gun. It’s in the training to get a CCW.  

This is the issue. You see it as provoking a situation. If i saw a douchebag parking in a handicap spot, id tell them to beat it...because an actu hamdicapped person mught shiw up. a

And id expect the same if i parked in one. 

Only low IQ thugs thinks that is justification for violence. 

If i saw dummy littering, id tell them to pick ut up. Am i provoking a fight? Id guess only a super ego-sensitive tough guy would say yes.

It is provoking a situation. I see it for what it is. CCW holders have a responsibility to not end up doing this. He has a history of anointing himself parking lot sheriff.

One time in my early 20's i showed up late to my flight at LAX. I tried to casually and sneakily cut in the security line to get through faster.

A women in her 40s called me out and i embarrasingly went to the back of the line. 

In that scenario did she provoke me to violence? If i then assaulted her, would it be her fault?

Should she be able to defend herself against a bigger attacker with a weapon? Or does that make her a mark ass bitch?

7/20/18 11:17 AM
1/1/01
CyberPunk - Seems suspect that the dude is carrying a concealed weapon and had a history of getting into arguments over parking spots. I would say that he was hoping someone would touch him to unload on them.

And really, I never have pity for hood scum. This incident just seems like it was a setup for someone to get shot.

or maybe there's a bunch of shitholers who give zero fucks about anyone but themselves

and so they park where ever they want and say fuck your crippled ass.. crawl into the store if you cant walk

7/20/18 11:19 AM
1/1/01
holly9000 - 
Samoa - 
effertime -
Samoa -
effertime -

This is the issue. You see it as provoking a situation. If i saw a douchebag parking in a handicap spot, id tell them to beat it...because an actu hamdicapped person mught shiw up. a

If i saw dummy littering, id tell them to pick ut up. Am i provoking a fight? Id guess only a super ego-sensitive tough guy would say yes.

It is provoking a situation. I see it for what it is. CCW holders have a responsibility to not end up doing this. He has a history of anointing himself parking lot sheriff.

Have you ever been in a 7-11 parking lot in Florida? Some of them could use a sheriff, just sayin' Anyway this guy had every right to say something if that person was parked illegally. The dead guy had NO right to shove him. Hence speech is protected and violent actions are crimes ;)

I think we are talking in circles here.  I'll end my position with this post:

I'm not siding with the guy that shoved the shooter.  I can see both sides here.  I think that people that are carrying a gun have a responsibility to not end up in a "shoot or don't shoot" situation unless they absolutely cannot avoid it.  He could have said:  Said nothing and moved on.  Made a comment and let it drop.  Even engaged in a back and forth with her and then moved on.  Instead he created the escalation of the situation.

The guy who shoved him owns this too.  I'm not saying he's innocent.  I agree that when you initiate force you own the retaliation.  My feels are up with this because the shooter knew he was armed and helped create a "shoot / don't shoot situation" and then killed someone.

He'll probably be within the "stand your ground" doctrine.  That doesn't mean that he's 100% right in the situation in my opinion.  I would think that most CC holders would agree that he didn't handle that whole situation the right way.  I could be wrong.  Peace bro, have a good weekend.

Edited: 7/20/18 11:20 AM
6/10/02

I'm not qualified to judge the legalities. 

Morally, I agree with the posters who find fault with all of the people involved. 

The driver shouldn't have parked in the handicap space. 

The shooter shouldn't have started an argument while carrying a weapon. 

The boyfriend should have verbally de-escalated before going hands on.

Dumb situation all around. 

Edited because stupid app posted before I finished typing. 

7/20/18 11:20 AM
1/1/01
sawdusk - pushing a guy shouldn't be punishable by death... if it is, than the law values human life about as much as a mexican cartel does...

what's next, someone looks at you in a threatening manner or yells and you feel justified in shooting them? the new "violence was imminent" law...

the video cuts off after the push... I have to think the aggressor continued after the guy and did not just stand there...

pushed him hard enough for him to hit the ground.

what if he smacked his head and died? broke a bone? anything.

you assault someone, be prepared to pay consequences

7/20/18 11:26 AM
6/3/14

What kind of bitch responds to a shove with a gun?

Edited: 7/20/18 11:29 AM
2/23/05
Samoa - 
holly9000 - 
Samoa - 
effertime -
Samoa -
effertime -

Have you ever been in a 7-11 parking lot in Florida? Some of them could use a sheriff, just sayin' Anyway this guy had every right to say something if that person was parked illegally. The dead guy had NO right to shove him. Hence speech is protected and violent actions are crimes ;)

I think we are talking in circles here.  I'll end my position with this post:

I'm not siding with the guy that shoved the shooter.  I can see both sides here.  I think that people that are carrying a gun have a responsibility to not end up in a "shoot or don't shoot" situation unless they absolutely cannot avoid it.  He could have said:  Said nothing and moved on.  Made a comment and let it drop.  Even engaged in a back and forth with her and then moved on.  Instead he created the escalation of the situation.

The guy who shoved him owns this too.  I'm not saying he's innocent.  I agree that when you initiate force you own the retaliation.  My feels are up with this because the shooter knew he was armed and helped create a "shoot / don't shoot situation" and then killed someone.

He'll probably be within the "stand your ground" doctrine.  That doesn't mean that he's 100% right in the situation in my opinion.  I would think that most CC holders would agree that he didn't handle that whole situation the right way.  I could be wrong.  Peace bro, have a good weekend.

Thank you. And ftr I tend to agree with most of what you say. I don't agree that a person should have to modify his/her behavior (especially if it's legal behavior) because they're better prepared to defend themselves in case there's trouble. Sure the shooter knew he was armed but did he know that huge guy was going to run out and shove him? That happened pretty quickly. The situation was even a violent one let alone a "shoot or don't shoot" situation before the shove. I disagree that he helped cause it.

It wasn't like he was out there waving the gun around and daring people to park illegally. He was making a protected argument that he had every right to make he if so desired. Just because he was in a position to defend himself shouldn't and doesn't limit his other rights.

You have a good weekend too.

7/20/18 11:29 AM
7/4/03
seems to really trivialize life, if that is the case... imagine you have a son, drinking, gets into a stupid argument with someone, a few shoves and he justifiably gets shot dead... you could take probably 90% of males and at one point in their life would be justifiably killed by this law (at least as it applies to this video)...

I'm all for people respecting each other, it's not in my nature to be on either side of the situation in this video, but I'd also like to believe our laws allow people to walk away from a bad moment where their temper got the best of them and there was no real threat to life either way...
7/20/18 11:31 AM
6/26/06
Fedorthedrummer - 

What kind of bitch responds to a shove with a gun?

That wasnt just a shove, it was a violent strike IN RESPONSE TO SPEECH
7/20/18 11:32 AM
4/18/18
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

amen.

Edited: 7/20/18 11:35 AM
9/14/03
Carrying a piece often makes a pussy feel like a badass who then struts around like a sheriff hoping someone gives him a reason to draw and blast.

Normal people weigh the outcomes before they confront someone over something stupid. I thought maybe the deceased swooped in and stole the guy's spot as he was pulling into it and it was a heat of the moment escalation. But if the asshole deliberately went over to make a scene because he didn't approve and made it his business, he deserves to go down for murder. Fucking exactly the kind of immature fuckhead who shouldn't be carrying.

That said, deceased is also a fucking fool for escalating it without consideration.
7/20/18 11:33 AM
2/23/05
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 
holly9000 -
Poleeko - 

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

Yup. It is in Florida and should be everywhere else too

What a moronic statement. 

Thank you I like your mom's pussy too

It’s okay that you have nothing of substance to add. Your comments are neither witty or intelligent. You can just stop responding. 

WTF are you going on about? I realize you're a 10'er but dial the 10ing back a notch and let the real OG'ers talk huh?

My mother and join date have nothing to do with what this thread is about yet due to being incabable of having a counter argument it is what you resort to. 

Getting pushed on your ass is not a valid reason to shoot someone. Had dude continued attacking him then it would be different, but he didn’t.  

Wrong. This goes beyond getting pushed on your ass. This is much bigger than that. The issue isn't "some guy pushed me down so I shot him", the issue is what are your God given rights as a human being.

Does someone have the right to impose their will on you through violence? If your answer is yes then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If your answer is no, then the person who was assaulted is free to defend him or herself to the absolute highest degree to which they are able.

Imo a violent threat to my person is a threat best neutralized completely and immediately. The guy yelling didn't escalate the situation with physical force until he was attacked.

The fact that you don't understand that makes me glad you're not a legislator. For all the lack of understanding out there at least Florida got this one right.

You almost did it but then resorted to an ad hominem at the end. 

I’m not saying the guy that pushed him was in the right but it sure didn’t qualify to be met with deadly force. Again, there was no follow up to the shove that warrants pulling out a gun.

The shooter created an escalated situation and the fault does squarely lie on him. 

Don't "ad hominem" me. Your first reply to a post of mine in this thread was to call me a moron.

And again you're wrong as I mentioned in my last post, the shooter didn't escalate anything. He had no responsibility to modify his legal and protected behavior, in this case freedom of speech. The fact that the dead guy took it upon himself to illegally challenge the shooters rights is his own fault and only his fault.
7/20/18 11:35 AM
12/31/16

Kinda tough to judge. All parties are assholes, but how many of us would escalate the situation if we came out of the store and saw some guy yelling/berating our significant other. Nobody wins in this situation and it definitely makes you think twice. 

7/20/18 11:36 AM
1/1/01
Guns turn cowards into bullies. Some people won't be happy until every disagreement ends in a shootout.
7/20/18 11:37 AM
10/15/07

The guy who shot the man is a pussy and I hope they throw the book at him. After working with disabled people for a long time- I’ve learned that just because someone looks fine- doesn’t mean they aren’t disabled. There are plenty of legit reasons a person is entitled to a handicap placard even if they look like they can walk or aren’t in a wheel chair. Second- the guy who got pushed life was not in danger. You can’t just shoot people because you get pushed or your ego is checked. 

7/20/18 11:38 AM
3/21/12
Guy needs to do some time, looks like the man who pushed him was moving away when he was shot.
7/20/18 11:40 AM
2/23/05
ChicagoTom -

The guy who shot the man is a pussy and I hope they throw the book at him. After working with disabled people for a long time- I’ve learned that just because someone looks fine- doesn’t mean they aren’t disabled. There are plenty of legit reasons a person is entitled to a handicap placard even if they look like they can walk or aren’t in a wheel chair. Second- the guy who got pushed life was not in danger. You can’t just shoot people because you get pushed or your ego is checked. 

You can in the green states

7/20/18 11:41 AM
10/15/07
Akkadian88 -
Mighty Quinn -
Samoa - 

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

This.

Not this. The guy with the ccw was doing nothing but talking when the ghetto trash attacked him over words. Sounds to me like the world is better place without him in it. 

Racist troll is racist. 

7/20/18 11:44 AM
10/15/07
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom -

So if someone pushes you can kill the person. What if a cop walked up and was arguing about your parking and he pushes you. Are you allowed to pull your pistol out and shoot him?

7/20/18 11:45 AM
2/23/05
ChicagoTom - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom -

So if someone pushes you can kill the person. What if a cop walked up and was arguing about your parking and he pushes you. Are you allowed to pull your pistol out and shoot him?

I'm pretty sure in Chicago you can kill whoever you want
7/20/18 11:46 AM
2/23/05
Seriously I would think the legality would have to do with the circumstances under which it happened
7/20/18 11:49 AM
10/15/07
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a shitty area and nobody had a disabled permit. I also believe the news would have brought that up if either of those parkers had a permit.

You could be right on both points. It could be a shitty area and they could be illegal parker’s. We don’t know so I guess it’s not worth arguing about. In my opinion though- you shouldn’t be able to end someone’s life because they push you. Now if the guy had a gun and was threatening to kill him or the husband was beating him up with no intention of stopping. 

7/20/18 11:51 AM
10/15/07
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom -

I'm pretty sure in Chicago you can kill whoever you want

Chicago you just get shot. The aiming by the gang bangers suck.