OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

8/23/18 10:57 PM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -
Samoa -

I don't know if the previous incidents will get in (I would think that if the defense is going to argue anything "state of mind" it opens the doors to previous incidents that shows his state of mind) but I do know that in my opnion that guy shouldn't be out in the public walking around with a gun.  He is EXACTLY the idiot that gives responsible gun owners a bad name.  Chasing people down in traffice, flaunting his gun, brake-checking women with kids in the car, getting in to arguments with people over parking spots and then finally killing someone.  Fuck that guy.

If he gets off you should go take his gun from him.

As if that would be some kind of feat. 

8/23/18 11:31 PM
1/1/01
RATINGSKILLER -

I've been working on my draw. Can't wait for some fool to assault me. 

Don’t wait. Go create a situation and fire away!

8/23/18 11:56 PM
1/1/01

8/24/18 12:11 AM
3/12/07

If the defense brings in character evidence the prosecution can bring in character evidence, including opinion testimony on his character traits like peacefulness. That's probably the easiest way to bring in testmony from others who have had similar experiences with him without triggering bad acts or any other bar.

8/24/18 1:58 AM
12/2/05
WikiTheWalrus -

If the defense brings in character evidence the prosecution can bring in character evidence, including opinion testimony on his character traits like peacefulness. That's probably the easiest way to bring in testmony from others who have had similar experiences with him without triggering bad acts or any other bar.

Im sure they won't open the door that easily. 

8/24/18 2:47 AM
1/27/14
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -
Average - 
Fake Pie -
Average -
pfsjkd -
OpenedUp - 
tourist -
pfsjkd - 
tourist - What do you think the actual potential for the shover to let it go would be? 50/50? What do you think the shover was saying to the shooter while he stood over him? I imagine it was some pretty terrifying stuff like "motherfucker you move and I'm a kill you". Maybe he was apologizing for over-reacting and assaulting him, but I doubt it.

On the surface of the legal situation, I think it was in keeping with florida law.

You can’t necessarily attack somebody because of their potential to harm you. There has to be facts you articulate to show that you were in imminent danger. A guy backing up after he pushed you doesn’t support a conclusion that you’re going to be imminently attacked even though he COULD easily attack you viscously given that you’re now on the ground and he’s not. 

All the videos you could show of people getting knocked to the ground and beaten have a bearing in that in all cases the attacker had to move *toward* the victim, unlike what this guy did to the shooter. 

Well, he had already been battered and likely scared shitless. I don't know what the conversation was, but he might have been backing up to get the perfect distance for a soccer kick to the head. Or he could have rushed the guy if he tried to get up off the ground. These are the thoughts the shooter was likely to have.

The big fact is that if he hadn't attacked the guy he would still be alive. If he hadn't illegally parked in the handicapped zone the dude wouldn't have given his wife shit and nothing at all would have happened.

There are lessons here for everyone.

Battered? 

Yes. Battered.

Words. They don't mean anything anymore, right? 

lol@battered. Learn the language. 

Battered just means touched without consent 

You are better than that Fake Pie. Don't all of a sudden become a google disabled person. But you knew it was wrong before you wrote it, if we're being honest. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/battered

I was giving the legal definition.

Battery
At common law, an intentional unpermitted act causing harmful or offensive contact with the "person" of another.

Fucking this. Jesus Christ. LOL. What the hell else would someone think ‘battered’ was in reference to in this thread???

Well my first thought wasn’t that someone was trying to use the word “ battery” 

8/24/18 2:54 AM
3/20/16

The murderer is fucked. Any responsible gun owner agrees. He gives every gun owner a bad rep. Prison is the only solution.

not to mention he is clearly delusional/ beta to pull a gun and shoot someone who isn’t moving forward or threatening life at all. 

Fuck him. 

8/24/18 2:57 AM
3/20/16
Samoa -

I don't know if the previous incidents will get in (I would think that if the defense is going to argue anything "state of mind" it opens the doors to previous incidents that shows his state of mind) but I do know that in my opnion that guy shouldn't be out in the public walking around with a gun.  He is EXACTLY the idiot that gives responsible gun owners a bad name.  Chasing people down in traffice, flaunting his gun, brake-checking women with kids in the car, getting in to arguments with people over parking spots and then finally killing someone.  Fuck that guy.

This. Typical idiot, with no justification. 

These circumstances suck because as a jury it will difficult to convict this man of manslaughter/murder

even though he deserves life for being a pussy

8/24/18 3:56 AM
6/8/08
RATINGSKILLER -
Samoa -

If he gets off you should go take his gun from him.

I'm sure he got off. 

He's been waiting for years for that moment. 

8/25/18 12:32 AM
12/2/05
OpenedUp - 
pfsjkd -
Fake Pie -
Average - 
Fake Pie -
Average -
pfsjkd -
OpenedUp - 
tourist -
pfsjkd - 
tourist - What do you think the actual potential for the shover to let it go would be? 50/50? What do you think the shover was saying to the shooter while he stood over him? I imagine it was some pretty terrifying stuff like "motherfucker you move and I'm a kill you". Maybe he was apologizing for over-reacting and assaulting him, but I doubt it.

On the surface of the legal situation, I think it was in keeping with florida law.

You can’t necessarily attack somebody because of their potential to harm you. There has to be facts you articulate to show that you were in imminent danger. A guy backing up after he pushed you doesn’t support a conclusion that you’re going to be imminently attacked even though he COULD easily attack you viscously given that you’re now on the ground and he’s not. 

All the videos you could show of people getting knocked to the ground and beaten have a bearing in that in all cases the attacker had to move *toward* the victim, unlike what this guy did to the shooter. 

Well, he had already been battered and likely scared shitless. I don't know what the conversation was, but he might have been backing up to get the perfect distance for a soccer kick to the head. Or he could have rushed the guy if he tried to get up off the ground. These are the thoughts the shooter was likely to have.

The big fact is that if he hadn't attacked the guy he would still be alive. If he hadn't illegally parked in the handicapped zone the dude wouldn't have given his wife shit and nothing at all would have happened.

There are lessons here for everyone.

Battered? 

Yes. Battered.

Words. They don't mean anything anymore, right? 

lol@battered. Learn the language. 

Battered just means touched without consent 

You are better than that Fake Pie. Don't all of a sudden become a google disabled person. But you knew it was wrong before you wrote it, if we're being honest. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/battered

I was giving the legal definition.

Battery
At common law, an intentional unpermitted act causing harmful or offensive contact with the "person" of another.

Fucking this. Jesus Christ. LOL. What the hell else would someone think ‘battered’ was in reference to in this thread???

Well my first thought wasn’t that someone was trying to use the word “ battery” 

What like a Duracell? Not joking, asking.
8/25/18 1:11 AM
3/12/07
Fake Pie -
WikiTheWalrus -

Im sure they won't open the door that easily. 

They'll have to if he doesn't take the stand. The defense could try to get the acquittal only using cross, but I don't see how they could get anywhere that way. There is nothing for rebuttal and the facts aren't in question; he shot the guy.  Without his testimony or character witnesses, there isn't a whole lot the defense can use.

Edited: 8/23/19 11:36 PM
11/23/11

Jury finds Michael Drejka guilty of manslaughter in "stand your ground" case

A white Florida man was found guilty of manslaughter Friday for the July 2018 shooting death of an unarmed black man, CBS St. Petersburg affiliate WTSP reports. Michael Drejka claimed he acted in self-defense in the dispute over a handicapped-accessible parking spot at a Clearwater convenience store.

Prosecutor Scott Rosenwasser told jurors during closing arguments that Drejka, 49, provoked Markeis McGlockton, 28, to shove him by yelling at McGlockton's girlfriend because she was parked in a handicapped space and then fired as McGlockton started to flee.

Drejka said during a video-recorded interview with Pinellas County sheriff's detectives five hours after the shooting that illegal parking in handicapped spots is his "pet peeve," so he will frequently walk around such cars and take photos, using an expletive to say he is trying to mess with the drivers.

Drejka described the moment he drew his gun after being shoved to the ground by Markeis McGlockton last year, during an argument over a handicapped parking spot. "The way I was able to draw it, I couldn't level it with one hand, so I eventually try to bring my left around for support and he made this step towards me and that was that," Drejka said.

When asked how many steps McGlockton took towards him, Drejka said "just one step."

But prosecutors said surveillance video from the Clearwater, Florida convenience store shows McGlockton, who was unarmed, actually stepped back.

Drejka's attorneys said in closing arguments that McGlockton caused his own death by shoving the defendant who was put in a vulnerable position on the ground and fired his gun to protect himself.

The jury deliberated late into the night Friday, more than six hours after they got the case.

After more than five hours, the six-member panel sent out a note saying they were confused by the state's self-defense law. Circuit Judge Joseph Bulone told them all he could do is reread it for them.

The lengthy statute generally says Drejka could shoot McGlockton if a reasonable person under those circumstances would believe they are in danger of death or great bodily harm. But it also says the shooter could not have instigated the altercation.

Drejka appeared to show no reaction as the verdict was read. He is scheduled to be sentenced on October 10 and is being held without bond.

Michael Drejka verdict: Jury finds white man guilty of manslaughter in shooting death of unarmed black man in "stand your ground" case - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-drejka-verdict-jury-finds-man-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-stand-your-ground-case-today-2019-08-23/

8/23/19 11:47 PM
1/7/09

The jury did the right thing. That shooting was very obviously not self defense. Should have been murder to be honest.

8/24/19 12:17 AM
4/27/18

Lol at cbs for mentioning race.

black on white crime is a large multiple of white on black crime and race is NEVER EVER mentioned 

what a disgusting joke the msm is

Edited: 8/24/19 12:22 AM
11/23/11
Strangleu -

black on white crime is a large multiple of white on black crime and race is NEVER EVER mentioned 

you seem upset.

relax.

your homie will be protected by the Dirty White Boys prison gang.

8/24/19 12:21 AM
4/24/07
Strangleu - 

Their a leftist media outlet. That's all you hear from them these days is race. Stoke the fires that have been burning out because it makes their ratings better. Who the fuck cares if it helps destroy the country, at least their ratings are up. 

8/24/19 12:23 AM
11/23/11
David@accu -
Strangleu - 

Their a leftist media outlet. That's all you hear from them these days is race. Stoke the fires that have been burning out because it makes their ratings better. Who the fuck cares if it helps destroy the country, at least their ratings are up. 

boohoo 

8/24/19 1:13 AM
10/10/02

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

All parties involved are trash IMO. He will do 3-5 and be out

8/24/19 1:28 AM
11/23/11
NKcell -

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

right on, brother

8/24/19 2:04 AM
6/26/06

No way this verdict holds up under appeal.

8/24/19 2:15 AM
5/18/18

It's the "Smack my pussy" law. 

This dude is a pussy. Wouldn't have the balls to start an argument if he wasn't armed.  What a pussy 

Edited: 8/24/19 2:15 AM
4/15/16
NKcell -

The entire trial is on YouTube. 

It was amazing watching the prosecutor defend a clear case of assault. He literally said things like, "he wasn't that hurt."

The comment section was about 98% pro guilty. The consensus was he should have taken his beating like a man.

8/24/19 5:00 AM
2/20/09
Strangleu -

Yup.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's an idiot and I support the conviction.

What I don't support is the blatant race baiting in the media.

8/24/19 7:21 AM
4/27/18
Hikikomori -
David@accu -
Strangleu - 

boohoo 

Fuck off twat

8/24/19 2:01 PM
9/13/16
Hashtag - 
NKcell -

The entire trial is on YouTube. 

It was amazing watching the prosecutor defend a clear case of assault. He literally said things like, "he wasn't that hurt."

The comment section was about 98% pro guilty. The consensus was he should have taken his beating like a man.

the victim might have been a bad person. The shove was definitely assault too. It's also wrong that the shooter should have to just taken his beating. There should be consequences for shoving a smaller person.

But killing a person in that situation was just wrong. It didn't look like the guy was in danger anymore at the moment he pulled the trigger. I agree wit the conviction