OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

8/24/19 2:05 PM
1/1/01

All the "good for that guy for shooting him" responses is pretty much why the USA is so fucked up with gun violence.

Well done. Enjoy your carnage.
8/24/19 2:10 PM
5/13/11
NKcell -

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

All parties involved are trash IMO. He will do 3-5 and be out

[So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt]

No one I saw argued that was legal nor "ok". It's assault. 

Separate from the shooting, which was clearly NOT self defense by law. 

This was the right decision imho. 

8/24/19 2:37 PM
10/5/04

He has been found guilty. http://flip.it/xZKmeR

8/24/19 2:52 PM
12/2/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

[So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt]

They basically argued in court it was ok (the shove). 

8/24/19 3:03 PM
4/15/16
Fake Pie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

Yes. The prosecutor said it was not assault because he McGlockton was coming to the defense of another (his girlfriend).

The prosecutor said he would not have been charged with assault.

8/24/19 3:12 PM
10/10/02
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

The prosecutor is down playing his assault and attack by saying arguing with his GF provoked him thus the white dude can't use stand your ground because he was the instigator of the shooting.

His argument is that of its OK / reasonable to assault somebody who makes comments to your GF in public. Attacking somebody didn't instigate it, but verbal comments did. 

The black guy elevated the situation to a whole other level that was unnecessary and only hesitated once he pulled out the gun. 

8/24/19 3:39 PM
12/29/03

I'm good with the verdict. 

8/24/19 4:01 PM
1/1/01

Personally i would have said that was murder, the race crap has nothing to do with it.

8/24/19 4:02 PM
5/11/11

Thank god that loser got convicted.

8/24/19 4:30 PM
1/2/06

That guy is guilty as the day is long. 

8/24/19 4:53 PM
7/12/03
Hashtag - 
NKcell -

The entire trial is on YouTube. 

It was amazing watching the prosecutor defend a clear case of assault. He literally said things like, "he wasn't that hurt."

The comment section was about 98% pro guilty. The consensus was he should have taken his beating like a man.

That was the narrative with Zimmerman...since he wasnt brain damaged the beating wasnt that bad and he should have laid there and allowed it to keep going longer than the 45 seconds we know of. They never say when he was allowed the shoot to save himself.
8/24/19 4:54 PM
7/12/03

^^At least Zimmerman shot Trayvon while he was still on top of him and the injuries to Zimmerman were caught on camera.

Edited: 8/24/19 6:52 PM
5/13/11
Fake Pie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

If we pretend the altercation ends with the shove,  and the old man just calls the cops, do you think that assault charges would have stuck? Would there be a self defense argument that the boyfriend felt his woman was being immediately threatened?

8/25/19 2:05 AM
9/13/16

I think the assault (shove) and the murder were two separate issues. I think you could consider the shove an assault and still find the shooter guilty. The main issue IMO was that the shooter was no longer in danger when he finally pulled the trigger.

Another hypothetical question (it may have been asked before). If the shooter was arguing with a child instead of the GF, would the shove have been justified? You could argue that in both cases it was a person intimidating someone that was weaker.

8/25/19 4:59 AM
1/1/01

Reverse roles and the dead dude will shoot the parking fairy every time. You shove someone like that prep for the worst.

8/25/19 6:06 AM
3/15/19

What's the possible / probable sentence for this conviction?

8/25/19 7:23 AM
1/1/01
Awarnica -

He was convicted, i think the sentence was 6 years going off of memory.

8/25/19 9:19 AM
11/11/13
HULC -
Awarnica -

He was convicted, i think the sentence was 6 years going off of memory.

From the article posted above.

"Drejka will be sentenced in October and could get up to 30 years behind bars."

8/25/19 9:46 AM
1/3/18

Florida is as fucked up as a soup sandwich.

8/25/19 9:50 AM
6/27/05

Good decision - you can't put yourself in a situation like that when you have a gun 

8/25/19 9:57 AM
2/23/05

Shit decision. He wouldn't even have been charged but for the current political climate.

8/25/19 11:41 AM
1/1/01
holly9000 - Shit decision. He wouldn't even have been charged but for the current political climate.

Wrong. The guy wanted to carry and be a badass. He fucked up bigly so now he's gotta pay the piper. 

8/25/19 12:52 PM
2/23/05
pfsjkd - 
holly9000 - Shit decision. He wouldn't even have been charged but for the current political climate.

Wrong. The guy wanted to carry and be a badass. He fucked up bigly so now he's gotta pay the piper. 

Wrong. The Pinellas county sheriff wasn't even going to charge him until the video went public and all the SJW's started crying. Clear cut case of skewed public opinion prevailing over common sense
8/25/19 1:59 PM
1/27/14
holly9000 -
pfsjkd - 

Wrong. The Pinellas county sheriff wasn't even going to charge him until the video went public and all the SJW's started crying. Clear cut case of skewed public opinion prevailing over common sense

You think his life was in danger? It wasn't. That guy should not be on the streets. He can play that stupid shit behind bars now 

Edited: 8/25/19 3:02 PM
12/2/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Fake Pie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

If we pretend the altercation ends with the shove,  and the old man just calls the cops, do you think that assault charges would have stuck? Would there be a self defense argument that the boyfriend felt his woman was being immediately threatened?

Yes it is 100% assault and you can't defend yourself physically from a verbal argument taking place 10ft away from the other person. Anyhow just answering your point that people did indeed say it was ok and not assault which is shitty. This was political even though I don't agree with the shooting.