OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

8/27/19 11:47 PM
12/3/10
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

All parties involved are trash IMO. He will do 3-5 and be out

[So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt]

No one I saw argued that was legal nor "ok". It's assault. 

Separate from the shooting, which was clearly NOT self defense by law. 

This was the right decision imho. 

The prosecutor is down playing his assault and attack by saying arguing with his GF provoked him thus the white dude can't use stand your ground because he was the instigator of the shooting.

His argument is that of its OK / reasonable to assault somebody who makes comments to your GF in public. Attacking somebody didn't instigate it, but verbal comments did. 

The black guy elevated the situation to a whole other level that was unnecessary and only hesitated once he pulled out the gun. 

Words to shove = criminal

Shove to killing = justifiable

?

8/28/19 12:00 AM
10/31/07
Samoa -

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can't get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don't get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don't create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you're carrying your fuckin gun. 

He was TALKING to a woman when someone came and PUSHED him from his blind spot. You clearly can't differentiate physical with verbal or assault with arguement so maybe that helps. If this guy didn't assault this dude I'm sure the dude wasn't going to run into the store and shoot him. Seems like he wasn't really in fear that his life was threatened but I'm not him and can't make that call. If this guy really feels like he was gonna to be seriously hurt or killed and felt that he had to shoot to protect himself then that's probably going to keep him out of jail. 

Moral of the story, don't go around assaulting people because you don't like the words they are using. 

8/28/19 2:28 AM
6/8/08
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

Be interesting to see the racial make up of the jurors. Also the trayvon martin case definitely had an effect im sure.

The prosecutor saying he provoked the black guy by arguing with his girlfriend is rather weak. So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt

The GF also told the white dude " do you want me to go get my man ?" that's a borderline threat. 

[So if somebody argues or makes some comments to your GF in public you can legally/ its OK to go run over to them and push them hard as fuck and challenge them to fight? Rigghhhhhtttt]

The prosecutor is down playing his assault and attack by saying arguing with his GF provoked him thus the white dude can't use stand your ground because he was the instigator of the shooting.

His argument is that of its OK / reasonable to assault somebody who makes comments to your GF in public. Attacking somebody didn't instigate it, but verbal comments did. 

The black guy elevated the situation to a whole other level that was unnecessary and only hesitated once he pulled out the gun. 

?

Well put.

8/28/19 5:26 PM
10/10/02
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

?

In the state of FL yes, that's is correct. 

You do not have to retreat or escape , you can stand your ground and fight back and kill if you feel your life is in danger. 

Getting blindsided by a methed out ghetto black dude may make most people fear for their life. Should he have waited to get his head stomped or kicked and then try to shoot him?

8/28/19 6:59 PM
1/1/01
NineFightFour - 
Samoa -

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can't get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don't get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don't create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you're carrying your fuckin gun. 

He was TALKING to a woman when someone came and PUSHED him from his blind spot. You clearly can't differentiate physical with verbal or assault with arguement so maybe that helps. If this guy didn't assault this dude I'm sure the dude wasn't going to run into the store and shoot him. Seems like he wasn't really in fear that his life was threatened but I'm not him and can't make that call. If this guy really feels like he was gonna to be seriously hurt or killed and felt that he had to shoot to protect himself then that's probably going to keep him out of jail. 

Moral of the story, don't go around assaulting people because you don't like the words they are using. 

He's an asshole that provokes situations; he has a history of this shit.  I posted some of them earlier in this thread.  Here is one -

A couple of months ago, Drejka was in the same parking lot outside the same Circle A Food Store at 1201 Sunset Point Road arguing over the same handicap-reserved space, according to a man who said Drejka threatened to shoot him.

Rick Kelly, 31, told the Tampa Bay Times that Drejka circled his tanker truck and confronted him about why he parked there.

Kelly asked why it mattered. He recalled that Drejka said his mom (whom records show died in 2007) is handicapped.

The argument escalated. Drejka yelled, Kelly said, and used a racial slur. Kelly is black. Drejka is white.

Drejka, he said, threatened to shoot him.

But the dispute didn't end there.

Drejka called the Clearwater septic tank company Kelly works for to complain, telling owner John Tyler that he didn't like the way Kelly had talked to him and that he was "lucky I didn't blow his head off."

Tyler, a gun owner himself, told the Times he was shocked.

"I said, 'I'm sorry you feel that way, that you feel that it's justified to take someone's life over a parking space,'" he said. "That was the chilling part about it when I found out who it was with the (McGlockton) situation."

8/28/19 7:00 PM
1/1/01

Jury got it right

8/28/19 7:16 PM
1/1/01
NKcell -
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

?

You do not have to retreat or escape , you can stand your ground and fight back and kill if you feel your life is in danger. 

Getting blindsided by a methed out ghetto black dude may make most people fear for their life. Should he have waited to get his head stomped or kicked and then try to shoot him?

Regarding feeling your life is 'in danger', there are clear legal definitions of 'threat', 'deadly force', etc. You cannot substitute those legal definitions with your own and expect to just chalk up killing someone to 'Well, I felt I was in danger. Period.'  

Edited: 10/10/19 12:56 PM
11/23/11

'Stand your ground' killer Michael Drejka sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space

https://abcnews.go.com/US/stand-ground-killer-michael-dreka-sentenced-20-years/story?id=66182264

10/10/19 12:59 PM
5/13/11
D241 -

It just occurred to me that Deuce Droppin probably is a reference to basketball and not what I was thinking.

No, it's what you were thinking.

He's been dropping them with every post. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/19 1:04 PM
6/13/07

Good. That is not what a CCW is for.

10/10/19 1:47 PM
1/1/01
Hikikomori - 

'Stand your ground' killer Michael Drejka sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space

https://abcnews.go.com/US/stand-ground-killer-michael-dreka-sentenced-20-years/story?id=66182264

That's him?  When I saw the video I thought he was much older. 

10/10/19 2:13 PM
11/23/11
Trust -
Hikikomori - 

That's him?  When I saw the video I thought he was much older. 

Everyone did. 

10/10/19 3:02 PM
5/11/11

He's the worst kind of person. He's gonna have a lot of time to stand his ground when the boys come for his butthole. 

10/10/19 4:20 PM
1/1/01
pfsjkd -
NKcell -
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

?

Regarding feeling your life is 'in danger', there are clear legal definitions of 'threat', 'deadly force', etc. You cannot substitute those legal definitions with your own and expect to just chalk up killing someone to 'Well, I felt I was in danger. Period.'  

1000% WRONG!

you  feeling your life is in danger = others believing they would feel that way too

10/11/19 6:14 PM
11/17/10
Hikikomori -

enjoy prison, Gramps

10/11/19 6:30 PM
8/2/19
RenatoCocopreta - Good shoot.

The law disagreed.

10/11/19 6:31 PM
6/26/06
jspeed - 

The law disagreed.

He wasn't even arrested, the police thought it was open and shut self defense, bolstered by SYG. But we live in a country where politics and media can sway the justice system as we see happened here.
10/11/19 6:32 PM
6/26/06

That poor white cracker never stood a chance once Al Sharpton and his goon squad targeted him for reprisal. That poor dumb white cracker, thinking he has the right to protect his life.

10/11/19 6:34 PM
12/2/05
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 
pfsjkd -
NKcell -
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

?

1000% WRONG!

you  feeling your life is in danger = others believing they would feel that way too

Yeah DILLA is right. The definitions are not clear legally. It is would a reasonable person feel in fear of their life or great bodily harm. So it is literally about what you felt and if a reasonable person would have felt that way in the same circumstances.

There's also a right in FL and some other states to shoot to stop the imminent commission of a forcible felony and that is more cut and dry and objective, but that wasn't at issue here.
10/11/19 6:37 PM
12/2/05
Average - 
1000Islander -
NKcell -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
NKcell -

?

Well put.

It really isn't.

Words to physical assault = criminal.

Physical assault to killing = can very well be justifiable, depending on the circumstances. Here it wasn't. You can't legally defend yourself with violence from mere words, you can legally defend yourself from violence, like a shove, with force--and in some cases deadly force, just not here.
10/11/19 6:52 PM
5/22/05
Hikikomori -

He will have plenty of chances to stsnd his ground in prison.

10/11/19 7:45 PM
8/2/19
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 

The law disagreed.

He wasn't even arrested, the police thought it was open and shut self defense, bolstered by SYG. But we live in a country where politics and media can sway the justice system as we see happened here.

Nah.  He shot a guy that was retreating.  Case closed.

10/11/19 7:56 PM
6/26/06
jspeed - 
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 

The law disagreed.

He had no duty to recognize a retreat that he did not perceive. The law has to consider HIS perspective under SYG.
Edited: 10/11/19 8:41 PM
5/13/11
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 

The law disagreed.

He had no duty to recognize a retreat that he did not perceive. The law has to consider HIS perspective under SYG.

Luckily for everyone involved, the justice system disagrees with you and with his bullshit narrative. 

If the law was applied with your logic, anyone could just argue that they "percieved" something the exact opposite of what factual video evidence shows, and walk away scott free from a homicide. 

10/11/19 8:42 PM
6/26/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 
RenatoCocopreta -
jspeed - 

The law disagreed.

Luckily for everyone involved, the justice system disagrees with you and with his bullshit narrative. 

If the law was applied with your logic, anyone could just argue that they "percieved" something the exact opposite of what factual video evidence shows, and walk away scott free from a homicide. 

The narrative is that a poor dumb white cracker got railroaded and couldn't afford the dream team to defend him.