OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

7/20/18 11:56 AM
2/23/05
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

The guy who shot the man is a pussy and I hope they throw the book at him. After working with disabled people for a long time- I’ve learned that just because someone looks fine- doesn’t mean they aren’t disabled. There are plenty of legit reasons a person is entitled to a handicap placard even if they look like they can walk or aren’t in a wheel chair. Second- the guy who got pushed life was not in danger. You can’t just shoot people because you get pushed or your ego is checked. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a shitty area and nobody had a disabled permit. I also believe the news would have brought that up if either of those parkers had a permit.

You could be right on both points. It could be a shitty area and they could be illegal parker’s. We don’t know so I guess it’s not worth arguing about. In my opinion though- you shouldn’t be able to end someone’s life because they push you. Now if the guy had a gun and was threatening to kill him or the husband was beating him up with no intention of stopping. 

It seems to me that by the time either one of those things would be happening it would, more likely than not, be far too late to effectively defend oneself.

That guy looked very big and pissed off (and pretty quick). He started the 'conversation' with a shove hard enough to throw the shooter right off his feet and send him flying backwards.

Am I missing something? How long should he have waited to draw?
7/20/18 11:56 AM
11/5/03

Did the guy with the gun create a "stand your ground" situation to protect the life of a smaller woman? Such that another male felt compelled to protect her life?

Must the 3rd party male wait until she starts actually getting physically attacked first before intervention? I'm not a lawyer of course but isn't there language regarding "imminent threat" or some such? A bigger male in her personal space with aggressive speech and body language could be interpreted as such, no? 

Didn't actually watch the vid, btw. More of a legal thought experiment. 

7/20/18 11:57 AM
3/13/02

All parties are fucktarded. Grown adults still acting like they did in 2nd grade. 

7/20/18 11:58 AM
2/23/05
iclimb513 - 

Did the guy with the gun create a "stand your ground" situation to protect the life of a smaller woman? Such that another male felt compelled to protect her life?

Must the 3rd party male wait until she starts actually getting physically attacked first before intervention? I'm not a lawyer of course but isn't there language regarding "imminent threat" or some such? A bigger male in her personal space with aggressive speech and body language could be interpreted as such, no? 

Didn't actually watch the vid, btw. More of a legal thought experiment. 

You're not a lawyer AND you didn't watch the vid? Let me save you some time. The experiment failed.
Edited: 7/20/18 11:59 AM
3/13/02

Also, guarentee these were not actual floridians. They came from out of state

7/20/18 12:01 PM
2/23/05
FloridaStriker - 

Also, guarentee these were not actual floridians. They came from out of state

Why because most Floridians are too broke to afford to shop at a high class establishment like 7-11?
7/20/18 12:03 PM
3/13/08
Elon's Musk -
Samoa - 

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

He didn't provoke an issue. The person who parked in the handicap spot is the person who provoked and started the issue.

Was the shooter a parking attendendant?  No. Ok report it to the authorities and move on.

7/20/18 12:06 PM
2/23/05
Ok now I just feel like I'm settling in here so I'm going to turn this thread over to the rest of you, I'm hoping that if there's a takeaway it's this;

don't push people around. Use your words. Or call someone authorized to deal with someone who you feel is behaving inappropriately. If you take the law into your own hands by acting outside it, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

That and all things considered, you're probably better off going to Circle K
7/20/18 12:06 PM
6/30/03
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

The guy who shot the man is a pussy and I hope they throw the book at him. After working with disabled people for a long time- I’ve learned that just because someone looks fine- doesn’t mean they aren’t disabled. There are plenty of legit reasons a person is entitled to a handicap placard even if they look like they can walk or aren’t in a wheel chair. Second- the guy who got pushed life was not in danger. You can’t just shoot people because you get pushed or your ego is checked. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a shitty area and nobody had a disabled permit. I also believe the news would have brought that up if either of those parkers had a permit.

You could be right on both points. It could be a shitty area and they could be illegal parker’s. We don’t know so I guess it’s not worth arguing about. In my opinion though- you shouldn’t be able to end someone’s life because they push you. Now if the guy had a gun and was threatening to kill him or the husband was beating him up with no intention of stopping. 

It seems to me that by the time either one of those things would be happening it would, more likely than not, be far too late to effectively defend oneself.

That guy looked very big and pissed off (and pretty quick). He started the 'conversation' with a shove hard enough to throw the shooter right off his feet and send him flying backwards.

Til his life was in danger?

The guy was like 10 feet away from him when he drew his gun, and not advancing on him whatsoever. 

He shot because he was pissed he got pushed. 

7/20/18 12:09 PM
3/22/09

What a pussy. He wouldn’t have said a damn thing if he wasn’t carrying. 

7/20/18 12:09 PM
6/26/06
Push me like that and you'll be mozambiqued into the next life before my ass hits the ground. tap tap, TAP, say goodnight.
7/20/18 12:11 PM
2/23/05
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

The guy was like 10 feet away from him when he drew his gun, and not advancing on him whatsoever. 

lol he was 10 feet away because he got PUSHED 10 feet onto his ass! wtf part of "the assault was underway" don't you understand?

Good luck surviving very long with those razor sharp instincts pal ;)
7/20/18 12:14 PM
1/7/09

The shooter is a piece of shit. When you carry, you should go out of your way to avoid confrontation, not create it. 

7/20/18 12:15 PM
8/27/08
dchi07 -

Guns give pussies balls to pretend to be tough. Hope someone shoots this hall monitor when he litters or jay walks.

7/20/18 12:17 PM
3/13/08
Elon's Musk -
dabigchet - 
Elon's Musk - 
Samoa - 
Elon's Musk -
Samoa - 

Bitch made pussy ass mark. A CCW holder with his weapon provokes an issue over a parking spot and can’t get it from the shoulder so he shoots and kills a man. 

Don’t get into a confrontation with someone because they park in a handicapped spot. Especially don’t create a confrontation over a handicapped parking spot when you’re carrying your fuckin gun. 

He didn't provoke an issue. The person who parked in the handicap spot is the person who provoked and started the issue.

Provoked what issue?  What issue was there to provoke when she parked in that spot?

Parking where you are not supposed to park invites criticism, since....you're not supposed to park there.

random, trigger happy assholes are not society's determiners of who is parked where they are supposed to be.

CCWs looking for trouble are absolute scum

do you really think the CCW holder was looking to shoot someone that day? I really don't see that as likely....

listen to the whole story, this isn't the first time dude got in a confrotation in that exact parking lot.

7/20/18 12:19 PM
3/21/12
Honest Lee - 
dchi07 -

Guns give pussies balls to pretend to be tough. Hope someone shoots this hall monitor when he litters or jay walks.

Someone could follow him provoke a confrontation and shoot him when he draws. It's a ridiculous law
7/20/18 12:21 PM
3/13/08
dabigchet -
Akkadian88 - 
dabigchet - lol at "nothing but talking"

So what was he doing other than talking? No one deserves to be attacked for nothing but words, and if you're the kind of trash that is willing to attack someone over words, you deserve what you get.

according to the article, he was arguing.

watch the video. he was standing at the drivers door, arguing. the driver did not exit the vehicle until she saw her boyfriend approaching. when she exited her vehicle, the man yelling/arguing with her offers her no space.

if you are in a parking lot, and you see a man in your wife/girlfriends face yelling at her, how would you react?

bend the knee, perhaps?

yup, same guys that are saying it was a good shoot and other dude is a thug would be calling the "thug" a cuck if he didn't do anything.

7/20/18 12:24 PM
6/30/03
holly9000 -
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

lol he was 10 feet away because he got PUSHED 10 feet onto his ass! wtf part of "the assault was underway" don't you understand?

Thought experiment. If he had pushed the guy and immediately sat down, was the assault underway? What about if he had pushed the guy and then immediately took off running the other way, is the assault still underway? 

Edited: 7/20/18 12:31 PM
2/23/05
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

Thought experiment. If he had pushed the guy and immediately sat down, was the assault underway? What about if he had pushed the guy and then immediately took off running the other way, is the assault still underway? 

But he didn't do those things did he? The beautiful thing about video is you don't have to "what if" the situation. We can see exactly what happened. The guy didn't sit down. He didn't run away. He stood over his victim menacingly and never gave a thought to the prospect that the guy he was assaulting might defend himself. Too bad for him. Maybe he should have sat down. Or run away. Or not broken the law by assaulting the shooter in the first place?

7/20/18 12:33 PM
3/19/16
RenatoCocopreta - Good shoot.

I doubt its legal to shoot someone for simply pushing you over lol... The dude was standing like 10 feet away.  Unless he charged the guy or pulled out his own gun first, the guy is going to go away for manslaughter or murder.

7/20/18 12:33 PM
3/13/08
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
Samoa -

provokes the issue?

maybe the fuckwad shouldnt park in a fucking handicap spot when you're not handicapped

fuck him

victim didn't park there, it was his GF driving victim came out and some saw someone confronting his girl

7/20/18 12:35 PM
8/29/09

There is no fucking way that is where the video ends.  It was cut short to either establish a narrative, or to edit out the man being shot.  I'll reserve judgement until the rest of the facts come out.  My opinion as it stand, if the dead guy was really backing off, CCW guy should be in jail.  If dead guy makes even the slightest move toward CCW guy, it's a good shoot.  

This is also a great example of the stupidity that can happen when assholes engage each other in the wild.

7/20/18 12:36 PM
6/30/03
holly9000 -
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
logic672 - 
holly9000 -
ChicagoTom - 
Never_rolled -
ChicagoTom -

But he didn't do those things did he? The beautiful thing about video is you don't have to "what if" the situation. We can see exactly what happened. The guy didn't sit down. He didn't run away. He stood over his victim menacingly and never gave a thought to the prospect that the guy he was assaulting might defend himself. Too bad for him. Maybe he should have sat down. Or run away. Or not broken the law by assaulting the shooter in the first place?

Ahh, so the issue in question does indeed involve the pusher's actions AFTER the push, not the push itself, by your own admission. 

Therefore your comment about he "shouldn't have done something illegal"  while obviously true, is irrelevant. Because the real issue is what happened AFTER the push that determines whether it was a good shoot or not. 

7/20/18 12:41 PM
3/19/16
Never_rolled -
CanadaDry -
RenatoCocopreta - Good shoot.

I doubt its legal to shoot someone for simply pushing you over lol... The dude was standing like 10 feet away.  Unless he charged the guy or pulled out his own gun first, the guy is going to go away for manslaughter or murder.

You can and it has been explained many times in this thread. Your feels don't equal Florida law fren.

Wrong.  There has to be an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death for lethal force to be used.  

Getting pushed and/or having someone stand 10 feet away from you looking at you doesn't meet the criteria.  Sorry bud.

7/20/18 12:42 PM
1/12/12

Looks like murder to me. People need to learn to defend themselves. Deadly force should be last resort to save your life not some asshole starting shot with other random assholes for parking I  a handicap spot just looking for.an excuse go use his weapon. Just my opinion.