OtherGround Forums Florida Man Stands his Ground over Parking Dispute

Edited: 7/20/18 7:48 PM
1/1/01
bagger - 
Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Look at the deceased's foot movement in the seconds before he is shot. He was unarmed, his hands were down and he was giving ground. A split second before he is hit, he is actually turning his direction toward were he came from.

Edited: 7/20/18 8:05 PM
1/1/01
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

I don’t understand how the shooting and killing was justified. Was the guy under further attack? 

He could of filed charges for assault, but killing the guy ? Was he afraid for his life ?  How is that legal? 

This is the last time. Stop with the feels. Look up stand your ground(I iknow you won't bother). He doesn't have to retreat. He said he felt in fear of his life. Those are the magic words. Sheriff is good with it. I think audio would have been a lot more helpful.

Ugh. There are no magic words. The *belief* that you are in danger of ‘imminent death or great bodily harm’ needs to be borne out by the facts. Otherwise you could shoot anybody walking down the street toward you by saying ‘he looked at me in such a way that I was in fear for my life!!’

The pusher was actually backing up when he got shot, for fuck’s sake. 

Ok you better call the sheriff that just exonerated him because he actually used those words and tell him he’s wrong. Let us know what happens. 

LOL. I got no problem telling him he’s wrong. I probably have more law enforcement experience than he has anyway. 

Hopefully, the state attorney rectifies the sheriff’s negligence. 

7/20/18 8:00 PM
10/13/09
CyberPunk -
petzi - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Samoa - 
BJ Penn Forever - Honestly both dudes were out of line, normal people don't approach strangers about parking in handicapped spots, normal people don't push people to the ground who are bitching about parking in the spot and normal people damn sure don't commit murder after being pushed.

Absolutely. Both are idiots. I still see a man who knew he was armed antagonizing an issue that he didn’t need to.  He created the situation. 

For sure.

And normal people don't park in handicaped spots.

2 idiots. 

I'd say pushing a person and parking in a handicap spot are considerably lesser crimes than murder.

Of course.

It doesn't mean parking in a handicaped spot isn't the biggest dick move one can do.

People who do that have zero consideration for others and deserve none. 

7/20/18 8:03 PM
5/24/09

Dude did not deserve to get shot for that.

7/20/18 8:03 PM
5/22/17

Dude with the blue shirt hit that side step real quick 

7/20/18 8:14 PM
5/22/05
Poleeko -

So getting pushed on your ass for being a douche is grounds to kill someone in self defense? 

What are you some kind of god damn commie?

7/20/18 8:47 PM
7/15/02

Totally unjustified shooting. The shooter should go to jail for life, especially given his reputation as parking lot provocateur.

If you think that was a clean defense you’re unfit for adulthood. 

7/20/18 8:49 PM
7/15/02
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

I don’t understand how the shooting and killing was justified. Was the guy under further attack? 

He could of filed charges for assault, but killing the guy ? Was he afraid for his life ?  How is that legal? 

This is the last time. Stop with the feels. Look up stand your ground(I iknow you won't bother). He doesn't have to retreat. He said he felt in fear of his life. Those are the magic words. Sheriff is good with it. I think audio would have been a lot more helpful.

Ugh. There are no magic words. The *belief* that you are in danger of ‘imminent death or great bodily harm’ needs to be borne out by the facts. Otherwise you could shoot anybody walking down the street toward you by saying ‘he looked at me in such a way that I was in fear for my life!!’

Ok you better call the sheriff that just exonerated him because he actually used those words and tell him he’s wrong. Let us know what happens. 

Who gives a shit about his opinion? Do you think you need to be smart to become a sheriff? I could learn more about the law on my way to the toilet than most redneck sheriffs could remember in a lifetime. 

7/20/18 8:56 PM
12/2/05

Sounds completely justified. Don't go shoving people because you don't like their words. 

7/20/18 9:02 PM
6/26/06
Fake Pie - 

Sounds completely justified. Don't go shoving people because you don't like their words. 

It was. The good guy won for a change.
7/20/18 9:05 PM
7/15/02
Fake Pie -

Uh, are you being sarcastic? Usually I agree with your take on this kind of stuff, but I think you’re way off here if serious. 

7/20/18 9:17 PM
10/2/12
Fake Pie -

So being pushed down is now grounds for murder? The guy was walking away. That’s not stand your ground. That’s shoot a guy as he walks away. 

7/20/18 9:19 PM
6/26/06
bakobell - 
Fake Pie -

So being pushed down is now grounds for murder? The guy was walking away. That’s not stand your ground. That’s shoot a guy as he walks away. 

You forgot "in the back with hands up saying dont shoot", lol.
7/20/18 9:20 PM
12/6/11
RenatoCocopreta -
Fake Pie - 

It was. The good guy won for a change.

Really? Are you 2 CCWs? If so, do you like provoking others so that you can find a way to legally shoot them?

The dude who pushed him was wrong for that, but did not keep attacking the shooter and actually backed off once he saw the gun. The shooter waited a couple of seconds before he actually shot the other man.

The shooter has been known for confronting others in that same spot, so is he really fit to have a weapon?

7/20/18 9:24 PM
2/27/12
Fake Pie -

lol Fake Pie the biggest rat with no teeth. 

He didn't shove him because he didn't like his words, he shoved him because he was in his wife face yelling at her. 

You fuckin dummy.

7/20/18 9:28 PM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonestor Sambo-Name the other punk!

“Hillary deserves to be in Leavenworth.”  

You deserve to have her in your bed  naked

Don’t drag me into your fantasies. 

7/20/18 9:29 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie -

‘Sounds’ justified? Did you watch the vid??

7/20/18 9:31 PM
6/26/06
The Regulator - 
Fake Pie -

lol Fake Pie the biggest rat with no teeth. 

He didn't shove him because he didn't like his words, he shoved him because he was in his wife face yelling at her. 

You fuckin dummy.

In his wife's face? Really?
7/20/18 9:32 PM
4/5/07
I used to live just over a mile from there. The vast majority of people coming and going from those liquor stores seemed like they were destined to shoot someone or be shot by someone.

I was about 13 at the time and right near there was the first time I saw a daytime hooker working a corner.
7/20/18 9:36 PM
5/11/11

This whole thing is very Florida 

7/20/18 9:40 PM
12/6/11

Just read a lot of the VideoLeak comments.. Damn, I am concerned on how people think nowadays.

They are pretty much saying that it was fine. I mean, the dude starts arguing with the woman, gets pushed and shoots dude to the chest because he "feared for his life". Same argument can be said with the woman: she was approached by an angry man and so she feared for her life and her man pushed him. 

If a guy like that has a reputation for confronting people over parking spaces, how can you really justify this? He is abusing his CCW by knowing that at any point in time he can shoot someone because he "feared for his life".

7/20/18 9:46 PM
1/1/01
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

Who gives a shit about his opinion? Do you think you need to be smart to become a sheriff? I could learn more about the law on my way to the toilet than most redneck sheriffs could remember in a lifetime. 

He happens to be a good sheriff. Do you actually think he made that decision on his own? You don’t think dectectives and legal had a say in it? Do some of you guys ever leave the house? 

Again, do you think he’s infallible?? If you legitimately believe that the shooter was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, then ok. We disagree. Fine. But using the sheriff as an appeal to authority just because he’s a sheriff will only get you so far. Did you give Obama’s opinion in the Trayvon Martin case that much weight? After all, he was the President of the United States, which is vastly higher than a county sheriff. 

7/20/18 9:47 PM
1/1/01
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonester Sambo -
pfsjkd -
Sonestor Sambo-Name the other punk!

“Hillary deserves to be in Leavenworth.”  

You deserve to have her in your bed  naked

Don’t drag me into your fantasies. 

You want me in drag in your fantasies ?What? 

LOL. You keep proving yourself dumber with each post. 

7/20/18 9:51 PM
7/15/02
Never_rolled -
Piyo -
Never_rolled -
pfsjkd -
Never_rolled -
Vizslarex -

He happens to be a good sheriff. Do you actually think he made that decision on his own? You don’t think dectectives and legal had a say in it? Do some of you guys ever leave the house? 

No, he’s not a good sheriff, not if this decision is representative of him generally. 

7/20/18 9:54 PM
7/2/07
Jclover123 - 

Just read a lot of the VideoLeak comments.. Damn, I am concerned on how people think nowadays.

They are pretty much saying that it was fine. I mean, the dude starts arguing with the woman, gets pushed and shoots dude to the chest because he "feared for his life". Same argument can be said with the woman: she was approached by an angry man and so she feared for her life and her man pushed him. 

If a guy like that has a reputation for confronting people over parking spaces, how can you really justify this? He is abusing his CCW by knowing that at any point in time he can shoot someone because he "feared for his life".

Good post and points.