7 days ago
1/1/01
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

They keep letting the trail cam run, and it picks the guy up a few more times digging, and then aburptly one day he never shows up again after the hole is pretty deep now.  They could easily make out the guys face in the videos, but they have no idea who it is or what he was doing.

A few months go by and they kind of forget about the whole thing.  Then one day my freinds friend is watching the news.  The news segment was about this baby named Maddox and her kidnapping and subsequent murder.  Details of the case can be found here:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2017/02/a_year_ago_baby_maddox_went_missing_a_look_back_at_the_tragic_case.html

They are looking for the father, a guy named Ryan Lawrence as he is suspected of killing his baby, and well wouldn't you know it that as soon as they flash the guys picture on the news, its the fucking guy that was digging the hole in the woods!  

My friend and his buddy are super creeped out as the hole was being dug not too long before the baby was killed.  So they call the cops figuring it might be important.  Well the cops agree and drive to my frinds house, and pick him up to bring them back to show them the site.  Being cops they didnt show their hands during the walk in the woods, but later they did confirm 100% to my friend that it was the baby murderer digging the hole in the woods in a remote location, although he did not bury her there.

Hard to say 100% what the hole was for, but read the article and make your own conclusions.  Only one person knows and hes in prison for murder and not talking.

WTF - why wouldn't your friends alert the authorities to at least check WAY IN ADVANCE? Are they retarded?

Hmmm, we have confirmed that someone is up to something extremely suspicious and has been returning for several weeks to dig a hole in the middle of nowhere with the great possibility it's for nefarious purposes. Perhaps we should ask the cops to at least take a look or hear us out? 

Nahhhhhhhh, let's ignore it.

Call the cops because of a random hole in the woods?These guys are pot smokers they aren’t quick to call the 5-0 lol.  Like they are going to assume someone is planning a murder , which we don’t know he even was at that point.

Their subconscience clearly suspected something was very wrong hence why they set up trail cams. They're just pothead morons.

Also their trail cam footage could have persuaded a jury that the murderer had a long standing intent to kill and hide the body. Have you considered that? 

Let's see a picture of his actual face in the trail cam footage since you seem to have it.

Every time someone makes a cool thread there is one asshole that has to try and ruin it. LOL.  Bro just settle down with your paranoid ass, obviously the cops had the info way before the trial, and they guy was caught red handed anyway it wasnt needed.  The hole wasnt  8' x 3' like the shape of a body it was a lot smaller, who the fuck is going to assume it was a potential grave for a baby jesus fucking christ man relax.

I mean... what do you think he was doing? Digging holes in the woods for kicks?

Maybe he is a pedophile who was planning on creating an underground cellar in which he could abduct and rape the baby.

What do you think he was digging in the middle of the woods for then shortly thereafter murdered his own daughter?

How am I ruining your thread? By pointing out blatantly obvious possibilities that your daft friends chose to ignore?

Sorry, but if you went to the cops and said you have trail cam footage of a man digging a hole, they are going to tell you to get the fuck out and to stop wasting their time.  If the guy wasn't a suspect and the cam didn't show him dragging a body, no crime has been committed.  Even if they knew who it was(they wouldn't), do you think they would show up at the guys' doorstep and interrogate him for digging a hole?

Edited: 7 days ago
4/20/11
Transporter -

Doesn't he have blood on his hands in pic? 

Sure looks like it to me.

OP - what was the date the trail cam footage was taken?

7 days ago
4/20/11
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

They keep letting the trail cam run, and it picks the guy up a few more times digging, and then aburptly one day he never shows up again after the hole is pretty deep now.  They could easily make out the guys face in the videos, but they have no idea who it is or what he was doing.

A few months go by and they kind of forget about the whole thing.  Then one day my freinds friend is watching the news.  The news segment was about this baby named Maddox and her kidnapping and subsequent murder.  Details of the case can be found here:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2017/02/a_year_ago_baby_maddox_went_missing_a_look_back_at_the_tragic_case.html

They are looking for the father, a guy named Ryan Lawrence as he is suspected of killing his baby, and well wouldn't you know it that as soon as they flash the guys picture on the news, its the fucking guy that was digging the hole in the woods!  

My friend and his buddy are super creeped out as the hole was being dug not too long before the baby was killed.  So they call the cops figuring it might be important.  Well the cops agree and drive to my frinds house, and pick him up to bring them back to show them the site.  Being cops they didnt show their hands during the walk in the woods, but later they did confirm 100% to my friend that it was the baby murderer digging the hole in the woods in a remote location, although he did not bury her there.

Hard to say 100% what the hole was for, but read the article and make your own conclusions.  Only one person knows and hes in prison for murder and not talking.

WTF - why wouldn't your friends alert the authorities to at least check WAY IN ADVANCE? Are they retarded?

Hmmm, we have confirmed that someone is up to something extremely suspicious and has been returning for several weeks to dig a hole in the middle of nowhere with the great possibility it's for nefarious purposes. Perhaps we should ask the cops to at least take a look or hear us out? 

Call the cops because of a random hole in the woods?These guys are pot smokers they aren’t quick to call the 5-0 lol.  Like they are going to assume someone is planning a murder , which we don’t know he even was at that point.

Their subconscience clearly suspected something was very wrong hence why they set up trail cams. They're just pothead morons.

Also their trail cam footage could have persuaded a jury that the murderer had a long standing intent to kill and hide the body. Have you considered that? 

Let's see a picture of his actual face in the trail cam footage since you seem to have it.

Every time someone makes a cool thread there is one asshole that has to try and ruin it. LOL.  Bro just settle down with your paranoid ass, obviously the cops had the info way before the trial, and they guy was caught red handed anyway it wasnt needed.  The hole wasnt  8' x 3' like the shape of a body it was a lot smaller, who the fuck is going to assume it was a potential grave for a baby jesus fucking christ man relax.

Maybe he is a pedophile who was planning on creating an underground cellar in which he could abduct and rape the baby.

What do you think he was digging in the middle of the woods for then shortly thereafter murdered his own daughter?

How am I ruining your thread? By pointing out blatantly obvious possibilities that your daft friends chose to ignore?

Sorry, but if you went to the cops and said you have trail cam footage of a man digging a hole, they are going to tell you to get the fuck out and to stop wasting their time.  If the guy wasn't a suspect and the cam didn't show him dragging a body, no crime has been committed.  Even if they knew who it was(they wouldn't), do you think they would show up at the guys' doorstep and interrogate him for digging a hole?

It's not that he was digging a hole. It was that he was digging a hole IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE more than a mile from the nearest house.

He was revisiting the spot repeatedly.

The least the cops could have done was try to question him about it. 

7 days ago
3/11/09
Willin -
Chomas -

You don't call the cops because someone is digging a random hole in the woods, especially without  even knowing who is doing it. Don't be stupid.

3/11/09
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

It's not that he was digging a hole. It was that he was digging a hole IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE more than a mile from the nearest house.

I highly doubt the cops would follow up on someone calling them about a guy digging a  random hole in  the woods.

7 days ago
8/29/08

Ive seen blood on carharts like those before and there is

blood on them too. 

7 days ago
4/20/11

Literally the first thing I'd think to myself if I saw someone digging a hole in the woods in the middle of nowhere would be "I wonder if someone is planning on hiding a dead body here."

What the fuck else do you dig a hole in the middle of the woods for?

7 days ago
1/1/01
Willin - 
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

I really don't think they would.  They didn't even know who it was. 

And even if they did:

Cops:  "Can you tell us what you were doing digging a hole in the middle of nowhere?"

Man:  "I was hiking and planned on taking a shit in the hole.  I changed my mind though"

Cops:  "Uhm, ok.  well, sorry to have bothered you."

7 days ago
9/1/07
That's not a hole. That's a very, very, very, VERY deep grave.
7 days ago
4/20/11
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

I highly doubt the cops would follow up on someone calling them about a guy digging a  random hole in  the woods.

Sure they would if they learned it was in the middle of absolutely nowhere and someone inexplicably kept coming back to dig it further IN THE WINTER.

Talk about suspicious...

7 days ago
3/11/09
Willin -

Literally the first thing I'd think to myself if I saw someone digging a hole in the woods in the middle of nowhere would be "I wonder if someone is planning on hiding a dead body here."

I bet OP's friends that take their metal detectors out dig plenty of holes.

7 days ago
4/20/11

OP, get us the video. Let's see it. 

4/29/09
Willin -
Transporter -

Doesn't he have blood on his hands in pic? 

Sure looks like it to me.

OP - what was the date the trail cam footage was taken?

that info is in the story, re read it, months before the murder

I literally could care less if you dont belive me, same goes for anyone else.  Why would I make this up?  I keep having to type "my friends friend" because I dont know the other guy.  Do you know how annoying that is to type lol, I could have just said my 2 friends.  Any stories that I made up on here like me hiding in the shower while my girlfrind was shitting, those are clealy obvious  joke stories for entertainment.  This is not a joke.

7 days ago
3/11/09
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Sure they would if they learned it was in the middle of absolutely nowhere and someone inexplicably kept coming back to dig it further IN THE WINTER.

Talk about suspicious...

I'm not sure where you're from but a mile away from houses isn't exactly far. 

7 days ago
4/20/11

Also, OP please get a picture of the hole and post it. Surely they took many pictures of it.

7 days ago
1/26/12
Willin -

Man you’re pretty weird eh?

7 days ago
4/20/11
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Talk about suspicious...

A mile away in the middle of the woods where there are no trails IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER makes it EXTREMLY suspicious from the outset. 

7 days ago
1/13/11

I’m not a detective, but I do smoke high quality recreational marijuana, to my trained eye it seems to me that since he was digging a hole in the hard ground with no gloves on he most likely sustained injuries to his hands consistent with ungloved shoveling of hard ground in the winter. This can cause, blisters, bleeding, aches and pains. 

It is my ruling that the evidence supports this assumption. That is HIS blood on his hands and pants. 

Case closed. Well, it’s still debatable, just not with me. 

7 days ago
4/20/11
rMar89 -
Willin -

Man you’re pretty weird eh?

Nah, man. I've read and watched plenty of murder mystery books/shows. All of this is eerie. Someone should have taken more interest.

4/20/11
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Talk about suspicious...

A mile away in the middle of the woods where there are no trails IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER makes it EXTREMLY suspicious from the outset. 

Oh - and not to mention they have a single young 20's male ON CAMERA who is doing all of the digging in the middle of the woods by himself? What the flying fuck?

7 days ago
3/11/09

Anyway, this is pretty damn crazy. Glad they were able to catch the piece of shit.

7 days ago
4/29/09
Diabeetus -
Willin -

I bet OP's friends that take their metal detectors out dig plenty of holes.

ha yeah they do,  its the main reason you cant metal detect many public places I guess, people leave open holes and dig peoples stuff up like flowers or whatever

7 days ago
3/11/09
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Talk about suspicious...

I walk miles in the woods where there are no trails in the winter to scout for deer season all the time. Granted I'm not digging any holes but I still don't think it's something I would call the police over.

7 days ago
4/20/11
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Diabeetus -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Talk about suspicious...

I walk miles in the woods where there are no trails in the winter to scout for deer season all the time. Granted I'm not digging any holes but I still don't think it's something I would call the police over.

They have a mid 20's male digging ONE hole in the middle of the woods in the winter on numerous occasions making it continuously deeper just the size to fit a human body - 5 feet by 4 feet.

Yet they didn't have greater suspicion about it?! Damn, that must be some STRONG weed they're smoking.

One questioning by the police could have potentially unraveled his entire plot or made him too nervous to go through with it.

He was probably planning on creating an underground rape cabin OR planned on murdering his wife/gf too and dumping her body there.

OP - did the cops ever ask him why he was digging a hole in the middle of the woods? It seems like extremely pertinent informaiton.