OtherGround Forums Friend Told Me a Super Creepy Story Today

5 days ago
4/29/09

This is pretty wild I have to say.  Saw a friend recently that told me a pretty crazy story from a few years back, I was out of town at the time which is why I found out only today. 

My friend and his buddy would hike this remote stretch of woods in our town going metal detecting, really no one goes where they were because there arent real trails there.  They still go all the time, they find all sorts of cool shit in odd areas, its not a hobby for me with my lack of patience... anyway I digress.

Well one day they are back there and they see that someone was starting to dig a hole, basically in the middle of nowhere, there are no houses for over a mile and its not that close to the road.  Well they go back there more and more and they see the hole is getting bigger, the footprint was like 5 feet by 4 feet he said and it was starting to get deep.  Of course its really odd that someone would go back to a remote area multiple times to dig a hole, so my friends friend buys a trail cam, to see who is doing the digging.  He sets it up and after a week or so it picks someone up.  Picture below:

Edited: 4 days ago
4/29/09

pic below:

5 days ago
4/29/09

5 days ago
8/5/19

Probably just getting in some exercise digging a hole

5 days ago
1/18/06
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

You captured an image of a person.
5 days ago
2/13/16

Relax he’s just digging a hole to put those metal detector assholes in after he finishes up with then

5 days ago
12/22/18

He's probably tired of your friends banging on his property and is going to kill them.

5 days ago
4/29/09

They keep letting the trail cam run, and it picks the guy up a few more times digging, and then aburptly one day he never shows up again after the hole is pretty deep now.  They could easily make out the guys face in the videos, but they have no idea who it is or what he was doing.

A few months go by and they kind of forget about the whole thing.  Then one day my freinds friend is watching the news.  The news segment was about this baby named Maddox and her kidnapping and subsequent murder.  Details of the case can be found here:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2017/02/a_year_ago_baby_maddox_went_missing_a_look_back_at_the_tragic_case.html

They are looking for the father, a guy named Ryan Lawrence as he is suspected of killing his baby, and well wouldn't you know it that as soon as they flash the guys picture on the news, its the fucking guy that was digging the hole in the woods!  

My friend and his buddy are super creeped out as the hole was being dug not too long before the baby was killed.  So they call the cops figuring it might be important.  Well the cops agree and drive to my frinds house, and pick him up to bring them back to show them the site.  Being cops they didnt show their hands during the walk in the woods, but later they did confirm 100% to my friend that it was the baby murderer digging the hole in the woods in a remote location, although he did not bury her there.

Hard to say 100% what the hole was for, but read the article and make your own conclusions.  Only one person knows and hes in prison for murder and not talking.

5 days ago
9/18/13

HOLY SHIT THATS FUCKIN NUTS MAN!

5 days ago
4/20/11
Chomas -

They keep letting the trail cam run, and it picks the guy up a few more times digging, and then aburptly one day he never shows up again after the hole is pretty deep now.  They could easily make out the guys face in the videos, but they have no idea who it is or what he was doing.

A few months go by and they kind of forget about the whole thing.  Then one day my freinds friend is watching the news.  The news segment was about this baby named Maddox and her kidnapping and subsequent murder.  Details of the case can be found here:

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2017/02/a_year_ago_baby_maddox_went_missing_a_look_back_at_the_tragic_case.html

They are looking for the father, a guy named Ryan Lawrence as he is suspected of killing his baby, and well wouldn't you know it that as soon as they flash the guys picture on the news, its the fucking guy that was digging the hole in the woods!  

My friend and his buddy are super creeped out as the hole was being dug not too long before the baby was killed.  So they call the cops figuring it might be important.  Well the cops agree and drive to my frinds house, and pick him up to bring them back to show them the site.  Being cops they didnt show their hands during the walk in the woods, but later they did confirm 100% to my friend that it was the baby murderer digging the hole in the woods in a remote location, although he did not bury her there.

Hard to say 100% what the hole was for, but read the article and make your own conclusions.  Only one person knows and hes in prison for murder and not talking.

WTF - why wouldn't your friends alert the authorities to at least check WAY IN ADVANCE? Are they retarded?

Hmmm, we have confirmed that someone is up to something extremely suspicious and has been returning for several weeks to dig a hole in the middle of nowhere with the great possibility it's for nefarious purposes. Perhaps we should ask the cops to at least take a look or hear us out? 

Nahhhhhhhh, let's ignore it.

5 days ago
4/29/09
ChokeHisAss -

I got goosebumps reading it back so thread title is valid and it’s a 100% true story.

5 days ago
4/29/09
Willin -
Chomas -

WTF - why wouldn't your friends alert the authorities to at least check WAY IN ADVANCE? Are they retarded?

Hmmm, we have confirmed that someone is up to something extremely suspicious and has been returning for several weeks to dig a hole in the middle of nowhere with the great possibility it's for nefarious purposes. Perhaps we should ask the cops to at least take a look or hear us out? 

Call the cops because of a random hole in the woods?These guys are pot smokers they aren’t quick to call the 5-0 lol.  Like they are going to assume someone is planning a murder , which we don’t know he even was at that point.

5 days ago
9/18/13
Chomas -
ChokeHisAss -

I got goosebumps reading it back so thread title is valid and it’s a 100% true story.

Also, RIP baby maddox

5 days ago
5/26/07

Holy shit. That's wild.

4 days ago
4/20/11
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Call the cops because of a random hole in the woods?These guys are pot smokers they aren’t quick to call the 5-0 lol.  Like they are going to assume someone is planning a murder , which we don’t know he even was at that point.

Their subconscience clearly suspected something was very wrong hence why they set up trail cams. They're just pothead morons.

Also their trail cam footage could have persuaded a jury that the murderer had a long standing intent to kill and hide the body. Have you considered that? 

Let's see a picture of his actual face in the trail cam footage since you seem to have it.

4 days ago
5/8/13

Poor baby.... fucking scumbag I hope he gets his 

4 days ago
4/29/09
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Their subconscience clearly suspected something was very wrong hence why they set up trail cams. They're just pothead morons.

Also their trail cam footage could have persuaded a jury that the murderer had a long standing intent to kill and hide the body. Have you considered that? 

Let's see a picture of his actual face in the trail cam footage since you seem to have it.

Every time someone makes a cool thread there is one asshole that has to try and ruin it. LOL.  Bro just settle down with your paranoid ass, obviously the cops had the info way before the trial, and they guy was caught red handed anyway it wasnt needed.  The hole wasnt  8' x 3' like the shape of a body it was a lot smaller, who the fuck is going to assume it was a potential grave for a baby jesus fucking christ man relax.

4/20/11
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Every time someone makes a cool thread there is one asshole that has to try and ruin it. LOL.  Bro just settle down with your paranoid ass, obviously the cops had the info way before the trial, and they guy was caught red handed anyway it wasnt needed.  The hole wasnt  8' x 3' like the shape of a body it was a lot smaller, who the fuck is going to assume it was a potential grave for a baby jesus fucking christ man relax.

I mean... what do you think he was doing? Digging holes in the woods for kicks?

Maybe he is a pedophile who was planning on creating an underground cellar in which he could abduct and rape the baby.

What do you think he was digging in the middle of the woods for then shortly thereafter murdered his own daughter?

How am I ruining your thread? By pointing out blatantly obvious possibilities that your daft friends chose to ignore?

4/29/09
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

Maybe he is a pedophile who was planning on creating an underground cellar in which he could abduct and rape the baby.

What do you think he was digging in the middle of the woods for then shortly thereafter murdered his own daughter?

How am I ruining your thread? By pointing out blatantly obvious possibilities that your daft friends chose to ignore?

he could have been burying garbage , like I would have assumed anything but burying a body man.  Who would ?  That’s the kind of thing that happens in movies. You ruin the thread by starting an argument and calling my friend stupid who you dont even know.  Its not a story that bears criticism IMO not at all but do you chief.

4 days ago
4/9/16
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

100% agree. Unbelievably chilling story that’s creeping me out as I type this and someone has to try and ruin it. Boo this man. 

4 days ago
8/29/08

Doesn't he have blood on his hands in pic? 

4 days ago
4/20/11
ShortElbowInTheClinch -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

100% agree. Unbelievably chilling story that’s creeping me out as I type this and someone has to try and ruin it. Boo this man. 

LOL at you pussies.

4 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck

4 days ago
4/29/09
Transporter -

Doesn't he have blood on his hands in pic? 

I dont think so sir. I mean he might no way to know.

4 days ago
4/20/11
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -
Willin -
Chomas -

he could have been burying garbage , like I would have assumed anything but burying a body man.  Who would ?  That’s the kind of thing that happens in movies. You ruin the thread by starting an argument and calling my friend stupid who you dont even know.  Its not a story that bears criticism IMO not at all but do you chief.

Only in movies? WTF? There are a multitude of instances where people have done exactly what I have just described. Not to mention the glaringly obvious possibility of hiding a body.