OtherGround Forums Getting into the Premier league

7/27/19 6:35 PM
11/23/12

https://youtu.be/TakTxOTypLY

7/27/19 7:03 PM
11/28/08
Donoghue88 -

I don't think can just pick a team, because normally you grow up supporting the team your family already supports.

It isn’t at all the same as growing up next to the stadium, but picking a team to support can make it more fun and a bit easier to follow.

7/27/19 7:06 PM
3/4/03
NutBerryFields -

Got to be the mighty West Ham United. You don't want to support a team who win all the time, that's boring. 

Get behind the Irons and your life will be filled with fleeting moments of hope, followed by long periods of disappointment, with brief moments of comedy in between.

A lot of history there as well if you like that. We actually won the World Cup once...

Plus Steve Harris from Iron Maiden is a huge fan

7/27/19 7:07 PM
3/15/15
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 

Whats the point, its not like you can pick a team then give a fuck. Just watch all the games if you want to get into it. Football teams are something you are born into, not something you pick. If you start just watching the games you might start supporting a team as a by product. 

I agree with BrockswockRanTrane_onShane:

Just watch as much of it as possible, all teams with a focus on the top 6 to see real quality. After a while you will gravitate towards certain teams. I really enjoyed Liverpool this season.
7/27/19 7:42 PM
7/30/14
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -

Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Tons of history both domestic and European, a real rags to riches to rags, back to riches story.

Whatever you do don’t support Villa (seriously just don’t) or United. 

You may as well just get ‘cunt’ tattooed on your forehead. 

The thought of OP visiting this country and heading straight to Wolverhampton to watch a game, fuckin hell.

https://www.aol.co.uk/2015/10/27/wolverhampton-most-miserable-place-britain-worst-place-to-live/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEq4A3F_OD3NvR0pPokTVYiDZA0PrlHeIh29pxeZ_Fhl4H3sFEUiMrEXRu6kSO5bih6GMdBAALTKH4HYVxdEZDliHPR6OaAXj2a1w1P4POlzndWxGoFSJsBZlhLd51Yy0BEmbN92Ow52zI8O_aapLVBR-54LF9NoBsmMvjuK991E 

All that poverty + one of the greatest legacies in football + years of trauma + incredible renaissance = greatest atmosphere in PL last year. 

You want to swan about in London eating a £15 vegan burger and a Chablis fine. You want to experience the best atmosphere at a UK club right now head to Molineux (or Anfield - credit to the robbing scousers).

Fair point on poverty. Disagree with atmosphere though. Villa have sold 30,000 season tickets, almost as many as your ground holds. Massive away following as well.

Atmosphere doesn’t equal attendance, Arsenal & United being prime examples of massively packed stadia with the atmosphere of a funeral.

Molineux was lauded by other clubs for its atmosphere last season in the PL (which Villa weren’t in anyway as they were in the Chump). Villa Park is famous for school children chanting ‘Villaaah’ in a pre-pubescent nasal tone ad-infinitum. It’s hardly known for being intimidating.

Besides which you will find Molineux being larger than Villa Park very soon.

Oh ar yam massive now ay ya. Couple of decent seasons and you all come out of hiding, literally weren’t on the Villa’s radar until about 2 seasons ago. May as well go and buddy up with the small heath / Albion alliance. 

Jokes aside, I think you’re extending to 50k aren’t you? It is impressive I’ll give you that. Huge turnaround.

7/27/19 9:32 PM
1/1/01

Chelsea and watch Christian return the blues to the promise land.

7/27/19 10:05 PM
12/1/05

Crystal Palace, nobody knows who they are and they have a kick ass name.

7/27/19 10:11 PM
5/8/09

Fulham cause they have such a cool old stadium.

7/28/19 12:43 AM
11/15/04

How do you watch EPL if you live in the US?

7/28/19 1:20 AM
1/5/07
LiveWire - 

NBC and NBC Sports shows multiple games every week.
7/28/19 1:24 AM
1/6/18

Gateshead FC

7/28/19 1:26 AM
10/25/06
Fucking Blackpool bro. Who needs the Premier league any way!
7/28/19 2:17 AM
3/7/03
B Sharps -
LiveWire - 

NBC and NBC Sports shows multiple games every week.

How do I watch games from the championship division??

i have the espn app and about every 5 games or so, they will stream a Boro game 

but what about the entire season?

7/28/19 4:02 AM
8/17/11
Dirtywhiteboy -

Best atmosphere at the stadium too. South London and proud

7/28/19 4:50 AM
11/23/12
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -

Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Tons of history both domestic and European, a real rags to riches to rags, back to riches story.

The thought of OP visiting this country and heading straight to Wolverhampton to watch a game, fuckin hell.

https://www.aol.co.uk/2015/10/27/wolverhampton-most-miserable-place-britain-worst-place-to-live/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEq4A3F_OD3NvR0pPokTVYiDZA0PrlHeIh29pxeZ_Fhl4H3sFEUiMrEXRu6kSO5bih6GMdBAALTKH4HYVxdEZDliHPR6OaAXj2a1w1P4POlzndWxGoFSJsBZlhLd51Yy0BEmbN92Ow52zI8O_aapLVBR-54LF9NoBsmMvjuK991E 

All that poverty + one of the greatest legacies in football + years of trauma + incredible renaissance = greatest atmosphere in PL last year. 

You want to swan about in London eating a £15 vegan burger and a Chablis fine. You want to experience the best atmosphere at a UK club right now head to Molineux (or Anfield - credit to the robbing scousers).

Fair point on poverty. Disagree with atmosphere though. Villa have sold 30,000 season tickets, almost as many as your ground holds. Massive away following as well.

Atmosphere doesn’t equal attendance, Arsenal & United being prime examples of massively packed stadia with the atmosphere of a funeral.

Molineux was lauded by other clubs for its atmosphere last season in the PL (which Villa weren’t in anyway as they were in the Chump). Villa Park is famous for school children chanting ‘Villaaah’ in a pre-pubescent nasal tone ad-infinitum. It’s hardly known for being intimidating.

Oh ar yam massive now ay ya. Couple of decent seasons and you all come out of hiding, literally weren’t on the Villa’s radar until about 2 seasons ago. May as well go and buddy up with the small heath / Albion alliance. 

Jokes aside, I think you’re extending to 50k aren’t you? It is impressive I’ll give you that. Huge turnaround.

Wim massive now ay we! Champions of Asia!

Ugh don’t even mention them pair! To be fair I can’t wait to play you this season, we missed a local rivalry last year.

7/28/19 4:52 AM
11/23/12
AdamHussain -
Dirtywhiteboy -

Best atmosphere at the stadium too. South London and proud

Palace atmosphere is great in fairness

8/8/19 10:43 PM
1/5/07
Starts tomorrow at 2:00 central time on NBC Sports. Liverpool hosts Norwich City at Anfield. YNWA.
8/17/19 3:01 PM
7/17/17

There is still time to support Fulham, start from the championship 

27 days ago
6/28/10

I'm guessing this is the EPL thread for this season?

Fucking christ Chelsea how about holding this 3-2 lead now?

I say they hold it until the 83' mark.

27 days ago
5/27/08
Askren never lost -

Depends what you want. If you want glory, currently, you go for Manchester City. If you want history, Manchester United. For an up and coming team, Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

Liverpool has the history lol, plastics go for manure united 

27 days ago
2/23/12
LegionariusIV -
Askren never lost -

Depends what you want. If you want glory, currently, you go for Manchester City. If you want history, Manchester United. For an up and coming team, Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

Liverpool has the history lol, plastics go for manure united 

Recently I’ve seen more Arsenal and United fans talk about history while making peace with their local rivals being better than them. Liverpool are your undisputed champions of Europe 

6 days ago
1/5/07
Holy shit what a win by Norwich over Man City!
6 days ago
7/30/14
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -
Dragunov -
Kebab Warrior -

Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Wim massive now ay we! Champions of Asia!

Ugh don’t even mention them pair! To be fair I can’t wait to play you this season, we missed a local rivalry last year.

I’ve not been back to this thread for ages. What’s happening with your team mate? I expected us to struggle a bit but fucking hell you lot have been all over the shop.

6 days ago
7/30/14
B Sharps - Holy shit what a win by Norwich over Man City!

Norwich are killin it to be fair. Great to watch.

6 days ago
1/5/07
Dragunov - 
B Sharps - Holy shit what a win by Norwich over Man City!

Norwich are killin it to be fair. Great to watch.

Cantwell has been a consistent addition to my fantasy team, that's for sure.