OtherGround Forums Girls dating soft dudes?

Edited: 8 days ago
4/1/10
quality - 
Zned -

How are you defining soft?

Look in the mirror.  BOOOMMM!!!

What makes me soft?

I am curious how OP defines soft. My guess is that it is a superficial judgement of people he doesn't know, fueled by an insecurity about his own inability to have a successful relationship with a woman. He doesn't want to accept that likely reality that he is defining people who are better educated, more cultured, and likely in a higher income bracket as "soft".

He is probably missing out on friendships and interactions with quality women because he is deeming people as "soft", and looking at them as some sort of opponent, rather than the nice people they are.

12/22/10
Zned -
quality - 
Zned -

What makes me soft?

I am curious how OP defines soft. My guess is that it is a superficial judgement of people he doesn't know, fueled by an insecurity about his own inability to have a successful relationship with a woman. He doesn't want to accept that likely reality that he is defining people who are better educated, more cultured, and likely in a higher income bracket as "soft".

He is probably missing out on friendships and interactions with quality women because he is deeming people as "soft", and looking at them as some sort of opponent, rather than the nice people they are.

Do you own 10 guns or more?

Do you own a muscle car?

Can you bench over 300 pounds?

Have you kicked sand in the face of a wussy at the beach and taken his girl?

Do you get into street fights at least quarterly?

Do you work in a manual labor job?

If you answered no to at least one of these questions...

By the way I answered no to all of them because I'm more manly than all of the above.

8 days ago
4/1/10
BrckNoHitBk - 

lol @ you bunch of old, jealous queers acting like you know women.

We rarely agree, and I don't care for you much, but I have to give you kudos, your post is spot on.

8 days ago
2/5/06
Wiggy - 
Purpose - Women by nature love weak men because of their need to control something. When you consider how out of control their lives are, menstrual cycle, their irrational brains etc, the need for control something (I.e. men) is huge. On top of that you've got this feminist society pushing for women to have more control and independence. It's no wonder women are behaving this way.

They may be with these beta males now but deep down they are extremely unhappy and disgusted by these dudes and by nature still desire a real man.

As someone mentioned earlier, when they get to a certain age and are washed up is when they realize they fucked up and start chasing the real men. By then it's too late. Women at the core of it don't know what they want. They are easily swayed & will continue to do shit that makes no sense. Stay masculine and focus on your purpose. MGTOW

All of this.

It's also why many women say they prefer guys with "dad bods". It's because when they're the more attractive of the two, they tend to have more options, therefore usually have more control in a relationship.

Not to mention it means they'll get the most attention.

Fucking what? You contradict yourself.

"Women by nature love weak men because of their need to control something"

"They may be with these beta males now but deep down they are extremely unhappy and disgusted by these dudes and by nature still desire a real man."

Which one is it?

Women by and large want strong, secure men. It's an evolutionary trait. Go look at any poll where they try to find "what women want in men"...they show pictures and tell the women to rate them on attractiveness.....almost every single woman rates "strong" looking men over weak/skinny....It's such a drastic difference that it doesn't even seem to matter if the skinny guys have better facial features etc. Women want strong, secure and capable men by nature.

They'd rather have a guy with a "dad bod" because even if they're a little chubby, they look/appear to be strong...and that is better than skinny/weak.

As far as personality goes, the most common and most desired trait is security and confidence

You can call what ever social pressure or influence women now seem to be under whatever you want ..but it is actually opposite of "by nature"

5/3/03

The above posts resonated with me. I wanted to be soft , collect comics and watch sci fi movies. I wanted to be left alone. I grew up around a bunch of football playing bullies that would routinely beat my ass.

In addition to all that, the girls around me all flocked to the alpha males. 
  I'm glad that this generation isn't forced into that model. 
   My only comment is, a young man should be able to reasonably be able to hold his own if his chick is getting molested at the club.

8 days ago
1/1/01

Your grandfathers' generations thought you guys were soft too.

8 days ago
3/26/13
duckdentistry -

i blame birth control pills

https://www.livescience.com/28237-women-on-pill-prefer-less-masculine-men.html

Women using the birth control pill prefer men with less masculine faces compared to nonusers, new research suggests.

Millions of women use hormonal forms of contraception, and some studies indicate the pill could affect partner preferences. A new study shows women were attracted to less masculine male faces after going on the pill, while their ratings of the attractiveness of female faces were unaffected. And in couples who first met when the woman was on the pill, the men were less likely to have manly faces than those who met when the woman was off the pill. If supported, the findings could have important implications for how relationships are formed...

Ultimately, in this thread, this idea, along with the "over civilzed" response, were what I was getting at.  Apparently though, I struck a chord implying some dudes are soft.  Surprising to me considering this is an MMA forum.  My initial thought would be that many dudes would see what I was getting at.

8 days ago
3/26/13

So this thread really took on a life of its own.  The question I posed was benign, yet some of the responses have been quite vitriolic.  What's funny from my perspective is that I posed this question after my GIRLFRIEND made this point to me earlier yesterday.  Turns out she was right.  A lot of guys showing their own insecurity with their own attacks.

8 days ago
1/18/03

We are reaping the results of the 1960s when society decided to nuke the very foundations of our society.

We are now a couple of generations past the breakdown of the traditional family.

You have a huge cohort of men raised by single and divorced women who lacked real male role models and whose primary provider, moral role model and authority figure was a woman.

Then you have a huge cohort of young women raised by single and divorced women. These girls have no idea what a traditional marriage should look like and were raised by women who were failures at marriage.

These young men are searching for meaning as men, and these young women dont recognise or appreciate the value in men who are not "soft".

3/26/13
Zned -
quality - 
Zned -

What makes me soft?

You know Zned, normally I have alot of respect for you and what you post.  You seem like a very smart guy and have definitely done well for yourself.  And when I read your first post simply asking how I defined soft I thought to myself "See, there he goes again, not rushing to insult like most of the neckbeards, but actually engaging in a dialogue".  But then you had to say what you said in the follow up post and that rushed right out the window.  So I'm going to address each post separately.

1)  Defining soft:  Avoidance of physicality, fear of confrontation, lacking aggression, fear of competition, no will to power, little self-discipline, even less self-respect, abscence of resilience and perseverance, unwilling to put up boundaries, overly aggreable, lacking humility, and fear of looking inward at themselves resulting in unnecessarily lashing out at other people.

2)  You talk about me making superficial judgements and then go on to make your own about me?  Hypocrite much?  I have a girlfriend of over 4 years so you're wrong there.  As for education, got a Bachelor's in engineering.  Cultured, been to 32 countries.  Income, just a shade over 100K so not a lot but not poor either.  As for the point I was making, it was actually in reference to the boyfriends of my girlfriend's friends whom all a) have less education, b) have barely traveled if at all and c) definitely make less money than me.  She was the one that was talking about this phenomenon.  And guess what?  Even if they had more money, education, and travel/culture, it wouldn't make them not "soft".  Soft is independent of these things.    There's people in this world that are more successful/cultured than me that are more badass than me, there's people in this world less successful/cultured than me that are more badass.  So to go the route that you did and imply that the statement was posed from some position of insecurity ends up highlighting your own insecurity.  

8 days ago
3/26/13
JCT - Your grandfathers' generations thought you guys were soft too.

You're right, and that's why we should all work to be better at it.

8 days ago
12/22/10
nek -
Zned -
quality - 
Zned -

What makes me soft?

You know Zned, normally I have alot of respect for you and what you post.  You seem like a very smart guy and have definitely done well for yourself.  And when I read your first post simply asking how I defined soft I thought to myself "See, there he goes again, not rushing to insult like most of the neckbeards, but actually engaging in a dialogue".  But then you had to say what you said in the follow up post and that rushed right out the window.  So I'm going to address each post separately.

1)  Defining soft:  Avoidance of physicality, fear of confrontation, lacking aggression, fear of competition, no will to power, little self-discipline, even less self-respect, abscence of resilience and perseverance, unwilling to put up boundaries, overly aggreable, lacking humility, and fear of looking inward at themselves resulting in unnecessarily lashing out at other people.

2)  You talk about me making superficial judgements and then go on to make your own about me?  Hypocrite much?  I have a girlfriend of over 4 years so you're wrong there.  As for education, got a Bachelor's in engineering.  Cultured, been to 32 countries.  Income, just a shade over 100K so not a lot but not poor either.  As for the point I was making, it was actually in reference to the boyfriends of my girlfriend's friends whom all a) have less education, b) have barely traveled if at all and c) definitely make less money than me.  She was the one that was talking about this phenomenon.  And guess what?  Even if they had more money, education, and travel/culture, it wouldn't make them not "soft".  Soft is independent of these things.    There's people in this world that are more successful/cultured than me that are more badass than me, there's people in this world less successful/cultured than me that are more badass.  So to go the route that you did and imply that the statement was posed from some position of insecurity ends up highlighting your own insecurity.  

Sounds like you have small cock syndrome.

8 days ago
11/28/03
nek - 
ranier wolfcastle -

i think some women wanna be more in control, so they find a guy who will let them be the boss of the relationship  

i think the female  teachers that bang students are like this

What do you think this desire for control is derived from?  It seems greater today than 20 years ago.  My theory is that women's egos have gotten larger on average yet at the same time they've become increasingly insecure.  So this might be driving it.

likely the woman was physically or sexually abused when young, by a man

8 days ago
7/3/06
CaptainWoody - 
Wiggy - 
Purpose - Women by nature love weak men because of their need to control something. When you consider how out of control their lives are, menstrual cycle, their irrational brains etc, the need for control something (I.e. men) is huge. On top of that you've got this feminist society pushing for women to have more control and independence. It's no wonder women are behaving this way.

They may be with these beta males now but deep down they are extremely unhappy and disgusted by these dudes and by nature still desire a real man.

As someone mentioned earlier, when they get to a certain age and are washed up is when they realize they fucked up and start chasing the real men. By then it's too late. Women at the core of it don't know what they want. They are easily swayed & will continue to do shit that makes no sense. Stay masculine and focus on your purpose. MGTOW

All of this.

It's also why many women say they prefer guys with "dad bods". It's because when they're the more attractive of the two, they tend to have more options, therefore usually have more control in a relationship.

"They may be with these beta males now but deep down they are extremely unhappy and disgusted by these dudes and by nature still desire a real man."

Which one is it?

Women by and large want strong, secure men. It's an evolutionary trait. Go look at any poll where they try to find "what women want in men"...they show pictures and tell the women to rate them on attractiveness.....almost every single woman rates "strong" looking men over weak/skinny....It's such a drastic difference that it doesn't even seem to matter if the skinny guys have better facial features etc. Women want strong, secure and capable men by nature.

They'd rather have a guy with a "dad bod" because even if they're a little chubby, they look/appear to be strong...and that is better than skinny/weak.

As far as personality goes, the most common and most desired trait is security and confidence

You can call what ever social pressure or influence women now seem to be under whatever you want ..but it is actually opposite of "by nature"

Women love weak men because weak men don't argue, don't fight back and don't show backbone when it comes to confrontation. Women enjoy the control they get from a weak man but can't respect That man because he is soft. She can't respect him as a man or leader. Women want a "daddy" (hence why they love screaming it out during sex). They love to date soft men because it's easy and fun. They desire a real man because he's tough and dominant.

As far as the dad bod comment. In public women will always tell you what they want you to hear in order to save face and not make you feel bad so they say they love a dad bod. Deep down all women want a strong hard body.

Women are the Queens or contradiction. They say one thing to your face but think/do the opposite. Women are survivors and will do anything to save face/look good.

You have much to learn about female nature my friend
8 days ago
3/26/13
quality -
nek -
Zned -
quality - 
Zned -

What makes me soft?

Sounds like you have small cock syndrome.

Sounds like you're one of these soft dudes.

8 days ago
3/26/13
Purpose -
CaptainWoody - 
Wiggy - 

All of this.

Which one is it?

Women love weak men because weak men don't argue, don't fight back and don't show backbone when it comes to confrontation. Women enjoy the control they get from a weak man but can't respect That man because he is soft. She can't respect him as a man or leader. Women want a "daddy" (hence why they love screaming it out during sex). They love to date soft men because it's easy and fun. They desire a real man because he's tough and dominant.

As far as the dad bod comment. In public women will always tell you what they want you to hear in order to save face and not make you feel bad so they say they love a dad bod. Deep down all women want a strong hard body.

Women are the Queens or contradiction. They say one thing to your face but think/do the opposite. Women are survivors and will do anything to save face/look good.

You have much to learn about female nature my friend

The contradiction is the main sticking point for women, the men they are most sexually attracted to are often less likely to be reliable partners.  They've done studies showing that women rank the most desirable male faces as the most untrustworthy.

8 days ago
8/31/12

I am kind of a rough guy, Physically put together through years of weights and sports and thai boxing. I am a type A personality I work with my hands. I live in the sticks. I go to a bar in the city and its fucking game on buds

8 days ago
3/26/13
downthepines -

I am kind of a rough guy, Physically put together through years of weights and sports and thai boxing. I am a type A personality I work with my hands. I live in the sticks. I go to a bar in the city and its fucking game on buds

Good Man.  World needs more like you...

8 days ago
12/26/05

Masculinity will never go out of style.  

Being in shape, not poor, and either not a manlet or socially awkward is basically an all day fuck pass for single guys right now.

There are advantages to the bar being so low...unless you're taken, which is the majority of the OG.

8 days ago
12/26/05

I think you have a misinterpretation of soft.  Here is soft in my book.

Physically weak/unimposing/inept.  Lacking endurance/drive both physically and mentally.   Passive attitude.   Emotionally weak.  Easily pushed around.

Its not the failure to do manual labor, not being a tough guy, or being educated.

8 days ago
4/17/15
downthepines -

They don't have gay bars for you in the sticks?

12/26/05
nek -
TzTinkle -
rustyshakleford - 

Oh boy. 
   Close family friend brought her bf over the other day, both 18. 
   I am no supreme alpha male, but holy jeez, this young man was something else.

It's whatever , as long as she's happy. But she mentioned how he got punked at a party and you could tell she was a little put off. Apparently , his response was "what you gonna do, can't fight everyone "

That's a smart kid, a lot of guys have left this earth with their shoes on over some woman who had another man the next week.

Yeah but the ugly reality is that women's instincts don't give two shits about a man's self-preservation.  Civil or not, you're going to lose major points with her whether she admits it or is even conscious of it.  Her hindbrain sees one man getting owned by another man.  In fact, women LIKE intra male conflict on this level.  It plays into their instinct for determining mate quality.

This isn't true, or more specifically isnt true enough.  Women are way more pragmatic than you give them credit.

Let's say some woman is dating a fit, slender built, attractive doctor, and some former highschool football lineman turned fat, broke dope addict roughs him up or intimidates him at a gas station parking lot.

Virtually no women are getting moist over the fat dope addict, and very few women will look negatively at the doctor for not brawling with him.

The reason is because the fat broke druggie offers zero utility for women...so the doctor will get the most sympathetic response and the druggie will barely register as human given his lack of utility.

Women do like to see men compete for dominance, but they have a much much more complex view of it...all relating to utility.

8 days ago
1/9/02
CavemanDave -

Masculinity will never go out of style.  

Being in shape, not poor, and either not a manlet or socially awkward is basically an all day fuck pass for single guys right now.

There are advantages to the bar being so low...unless you're taken, which is the majority of the OG.

correct

now if that doctor also kicks the thugs ass their pussies will be gushing

8 days ago
5/14/13
nek -
Zned -
quality - 
Zned -

What makes me soft?

Shouldn't have got upset man. Zned is a tiny little bitch, but is the frontline for 3 billion dollars, if you ask him.

8 days ago
7/3/06
CavemanDave - 
nek -
TzTinkle -
rustyshakleford - 

Oh boy. 
   Close family friend brought her bf over the other day, both 18. 
   I am no supreme alpha male, but holy jeez, this young man was something else.

It's whatever , as long as she's happy. But she mentioned how he got punked at a party and you could tell she was a little put off. Apparently , his response was "what you gonna do, can't fight everyone "

That's a smart kid, a lot of guys have left this earth with their shoes on over some woman who had another man the next week.

Yeah but the ugly reality is that women's instincts don't give two shits about a man's self-preservation.  Civil or not, you're going to lose major points with her whether she admits it or is even conscious of it.  Her hindbrain sees one man getting owned by another man.  In fact, women LIKE intra male conflict on this level.  It plays into their instinct for determining mate quality.

This isn't true, or more specifically isnt true enough.  Women are way more pragmatic than you give them credit.

Let's say some woman is dating a fit, slender built, attractive doctor, and some former highschool football lineman turned fat, broke dope addict roughs him up or intimidates him at a gas station parking lot.

Virtually no women are getting moist over the fat dope addict, and very few women will look negatively at the doctor for not brawling with him.

The reason is because the fat broke druggie offers zero utility for women...so the doctor will get the most sympathetic response and the druggie will barely register as human given his lack of utility.

Women do like to see men compete for dominance, but they have a much much more complex view of it...all relating to utility.

The thing is, she may not get moist off of the fat druggie ex football player but she will still lose respect for the man she's with for not being able to handle the situation correctly. Dude doesn't need to fight, but he needs to handle the situation somehow. In her eyes the man she's with needs to display alpha qualities. It doesn't mean be a tough guy. Sometimes that means being smart and knowing how to handle different situations. A woman looks at a man as a leader who can handle whatever life throws at him. "He's a MAN! Men can handle EVERYTHING!"

If a man is making a 6 figure income but then loses his job over unforeseen circumstances out of his control he better hurry up and find another quick or else she will slowly start to lose respect for him & start looking for a way out. Women can't love a man the way a man loves a woman. Women love men for what they can do/provide for them. It's an uncomfortable truth.