OtherGround Forums Girls dating soft dudes?

2 days ago
8/20/03
nek - 

It seems to me that in the younger crowd, women seem to seek out guys that are a little soft.  Seems to be a growing phenomenon.  Can someone explain to me why this is?

I suspect you have no game and this is how you justify in your head that girls don't want to get with you.

2 days ago
1/1/01

The real reason is 2 fold.

Yes, males are on the decline.

But todays women are vastly superior to earlier generations in terms of intelligence, confidence, and independence. 

Lets face it. Our grandmothers basically had to be taken care of like they were a child.

2 days ago
10/16/07
dangerboy12 -

But todays women are vastly superior to earlier generations in terms of intelligence, confidence, and independence. 

Lets face it. Our grandmothers basically had to be taken care of like they were a child.

You must be from a soft country....the 4 generations of women before my daughters had lives that were tough as fuck.   I don’t think women are stronger or tougher, they have equal rights to men...I think woman stayed the same, and because manly traits aren’t required to be a man these days men got softer.

2 days ago
5/13/02
RUSRedDevil - 

they are basically gay friends +..... these women are cheating their asses off with Chad and Tyrone and Kevin from Sales... Women don't feel shame for cheating and it's super easy to pull off so why not...

LOL @ Chad, Tyrone, and Kevin. I don't know why but I can't stop laughing haha, thanks I needed that
2 days ago
5/13/02
dangerboy12 - 

One of mine did b/c she was a religitard...the other, not at all. She had her shit together.
2 days ago
4/17/15
dangerboy12 -

Vastly superior intelligence confidence and independence

easy there Lancelot. Their not gonna fuck you 

2 days ago
11/20/08

Not only soft dudes. But generally weak, thin dudes.

2 days ago
4/17/15
ProteinOverdrive -

Not only soft dudes. But generally weak, thin dudes.

Thin dudes are getting rarer these days. You see the obesity thread?

2 days ago
1/1/01
sacredhate -
dangerboy12 -

You must be from a soft country....the 4 generations of women before my daughters had lives that were tough as fuck.   I don’t think women are stronger or tougher, they have equal rights to men...I think woman stayed the same, and because manly traits aren’t required to be a man these days men got softer.

I didnt say toughness or strength. 

Women are smarter by far, more independent by far, and more confident by far.

Your grandma relied on a man to provide for her for most of her life. Period.

Many of todays women never have and never will.

2 days ago
1/1/01

Latinas still love alpha males. It's later they make them fat with all them tacos.

2 days ago
9/20/19

Lol at all the experts who are certain they know exactly what women want and are thinking. 

2 days ago
9/19/13

I absolutely can’t stand the injustice of society when I see an attractive female with a soy boy.

2 days ago
9/20/19
oranos -

I absolutely can’t stand the injustice of society when I see an attractive female with a soy boy.

Maybe you’re becoming irrelevant. 

Edited: 2 days ago
3/13/02

Hate to break it to you fellas, but your version of "hard men" werent really hard. It's not the 1960s anymore. John wayne wasn't a badass, he just played one on tv a d he smelled like shit, eat like shit and woulda had his shit pushed in by anyone remotely athletic.

Power is in being educated, cultured and financially hung. No, that 40k pickup sitting in your driveway does not make you well off in anyone's eyes except the folks living in the trailer parks. 2020 seems like the world has gone crazy because the crazy have been left behind. Humanity is evolving right before our eyes. Men are getting away from using an attractive female as a sign of status of where they are in life. Instead, they've chosen themselves to improve. Through education, job choices, travel. In 2020 men dont sit around wondering why women choose the men they choose and proceed to put those particular men down to feel better about their own situation. Because in 2020, actual men do not give a fuck. Funny enough, that's the guy walking around with the girl you're so upset at not having. 

2 days ago
3/26/13
Captain Canuck -
nek - 

It seems to me that in the younger crowd, women seem to seek out guys that are a little soft.  Seems to be a growing phenomenon.  Can someone explain to me why this is?

I suspect you have no game and this is how you justify in your head that girls don't want to get with you.

I have a girlfriend dipshit.  And it was her bringing this idea to my attention that prompted this thread.

2 days ago
3/26/13
Purpose -
CavemanDave - 
nek -
TzTinkle -
rustyshakleford - 

Oh boy. 
   Close family friend brought her bf over the other day, both 18. 
   I am no supreme alpha male, but holy jeez, this young man was something else.

It's whatever , as long as she's happy. But she mentioned how he got punked at a party and you could tell she was a little put off. Apparently , his response was "what you gonna do, can't fight everyone "

That's a smart kid, a lot of guys have left this earth with their shoes on over some woman who had another man the next week.

Yeah but the ugly reality is that women's instincts don't give two shits about a man's self-preservation.  Civil or not, you're going to lose major points with her whether she admits it or is even conscious of it.  Her hindbrain sees one man getting owned by another man.  In fact, women LIKE intra male conflict on this level.  It plays into their instinct for determining mate quality.

This isn't true, or more specifically isnt true enough.  Women are way more pragmatic than you give them credit.

Let's say some woman is dating a fit, slender built, attractive doctor, and some former highschool football lineman turned fat, broke dope addict roughs him up or intimidates him at a gas station parking lot.

Virtually no women are getting moist over the fat dope addict, and very few women will look negatively at the doctor for not brawling with him.

The reason is because the fat broke druggie offers zero utility for women...so the doctor will get the most sympathetic response and the druggie will barely register as human given his lack of utility.

Women do like to see men compete for dominance, but they have a much much more complex view of it...all relating to utility.

The thing is, she may not get moist off of the fat druggie ex football player but she will still lose respect for the man she's with for not being able to handle the situation correctly. Dude doesn't need to fight, but he needs to handle the situation somehow. In her eyes the man she's with needs to display alpha qualities. It doesn't mean be a tough guy. Sometimes that means being smart and knowing how to handle different situations. A woman looks at a man as a leader who can handle whatever life throws at him. "He's a MAN! Men can handle EVERYTHING!"

If a man is making a 6 figure income but then loses his job over unforeseen circumstances out of his control he better hurry up and find another quick or else she will slowly start to lose respect for him & start looking for a way out. Women can't love a man the way a man loves a woman. Women love men for what they can do/provide for them. It's an uncomfortable truth.

Well articulated.

2 days ago
3/13/02

That "alpha male" you guys keep talking about lives at home with his parents and drives used Nissan. He spends more on protien powder for aesthetics than he did on his education. His girl left him for a guy in a three piece and he will put six more hours into the gym that same week to try and feel better about it. 

Women are to strippers as men are to the "alpha males". Its not real. It never has been. You're premadonnas who lift to look good, not to be strong. Sorry. 

Get out of ohio and evolve like everyone else. You're really really behind to still think like this or just 14. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
nek - 
Purpose -
CavemanDave - 
nek -
TzTinkle -
rustyshakleford - 

Oh boy. 
   Close family friend brought her bf over the other day, both 18. 
   I am no supreme alpha male, but holy jeez, this young man was something else.

It's whatever , as long as she's happy. But she mentioned how he got punked at a party and you could tell she was a little put off. Apparently , his response was "what you gonna do, can't fight everyone "

That's a smart kid, a lot of guys have left this earth with their shoes on over some woman who had another man the next week.

Yeah but the ugly reality is that women's instincts don't give two shits about a man's self-preservation.  Civil or not, you're going to lose major points with her whether she admits it or is even conscious of it.  Her hindbrain sees one man getting owned by another man.  In fact, women LIKE intra male conflict on this level.  It plays into their instinct for determining mate quality.

This isn't true, or more specifically isnt true enough.  Women are way more pragmatic than you give them credit.

Let's say some woman is dating a fit, slender built, attractive doctor, and some former highschool football lineman turned fat, broke dope addict roughs him up or intimidates him at a gas station parking lot.

Virtually no women are getting moist over the fat dope addict, and very few women will look negatively at the doctor for not brawling with him.

The reason is because the fat broke druggie offers zero utility for women...so the doctor will get the most sympathetic response and the druggie will barely register as human given his lack of utility.

Women do like to see men compete for dominance, but they have a much much more complex view of it...all relating to utility.

The thing is, she may not get moist off of the fat druggie ex football player but she will still lose respect for the man she's with for not being able to handle the situation correctly. Dude doesn't need to fight, but he needs to handle the situation somehow. In her eyes the man she's with needs to display alpha qualities. It doesn't mean be a tough guy. Sometimes that means being smart and knowing how to handle different situations. A woman looks at a man as a leader who can handle whatever life throws at him. "He's a MAN! Men can handle EVERYTHING!"

If a man is making a 6 figure income but then loses his job over unforeseen circumstances out of his control he better hurry up and find another quick or else she will slowly start to lose respect for him & start looking for a way out. Women can't love a man the way a man loves a woman. Women love men for what they can do/provide for them. It's an uncomfortable truth.

Well articulated.

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were talking about women that are getting in touch with us. They are looking for someone that is finantially secure, now that we are older we have to worry about who we go out with. I am married and retired from the Army, I have girls I havent talked to since HS contacting me. He is single and saying they want to know what you do and if you own a house.

When I owned my first martial arts school I was confident and doing sales so finding women was not a problem. But I had what they wanted.

Today women understand they need a guy that can provide for them.
2 days ago
1/1/01
FloridaStriker - 

Hate to break it to you fellas, but your version of "hard men" werent really hard. It's not the 1960s anymore. John wayne wasn't a badass, he just played one on tv a d he smelled like shit, eat like shit and woulda had his shit pushed in by anyone remotely athletic.

Power is in being educated, cultured and financially hung. No, that 40k pickup sitting in your driveway does not make you well off in anyone's eyes except the folks living in the trailer parks. 2020 seems like the world has gone crazy because the crazy have been left behind. Humanity is evolving right before our eyes. Men are getting away from using an attractive female as a sign of status of where they are in life. Instead, they've chosen themselves to improve. Through education, job choices, travel. In 2020 men dont sit around wondering why women choose the men they choose and proceed to put those particular men down to feel better about their own situation. Because in 2020, actual men do not give a fuck. Funny enough, that's the guy walking around with the girl you're so upset at not having. 

Another truth
2 days ago
2/2/12
Captain Canuck -
nek - 

This all day. Anyone still referring to dudes as soft or hard literally has no game plan for a sober woman.

2 days ago
12/13/11

you guys are hilarious. make money, acquire new skills, and keep pursuing the acquisition of new skills. by that I mean learn how to cook. learn  how to dance. learn how to play sports. aquire cool friends by being cool yourself. inspire people by living your best life. dont waste your time drinking alcohol. go to bed early and get up refreshed and conquer the day. lift heavy weights, work on your flexibility and cardio. learn how to build and fix things. use your money to  make yourself money. invest in things; property being your best bet. Women still want the alpha Male. it's the weak an insecure women that want the man to boss around. stand up for yourself. pull the plug on the women if she is not worshipping you. re read what I wrote several times. 

2 days ago
6/30/07
headroll -

They're mostly feminists now. They don't want real men. They want soft pansy types that have zero backbone and won't standup for themselves. It typically jumps up to bite them later.

This.

Girl power doesn't have much room for manly men, men that say "no" and that's the end of it.

Young men are horned up and will do almost anything to get laid. The fact that women Fall for the male feminist type tells me they deserve the emptiness that comes with it and aren't suited for leadership.

2 days ago
3/26/13
Neil McCauley -

you guys are hilarious. make money, acquire new skills, and keep pursuing the acquisition of new skills. by that I mean learn how to cook. learn  how to dance. learn how to play sports. aquire cool friends by being cool yourself. inspire people by living your best life. dont waste your time drinking alcohol. go to bed early and get up refreshed and conquer the day. lift heavy weights, work on your flexibility and cardio. learn how to build and fix things. use your money to  make yourself money. invest in things; property being your best bet. Women still want the alpha Male. it's the weak an insecure women that want the man to boss around. stand up for yourself. pull the plug on the women if she is not worshipping you. re read what I wrote several times. 

I agree with all of this.  The surprising thing to my girlfiend has been the amount of her friends and their younger friends that are dating guys that are nothing like this.

Edited: 2 days ago
8/20/03
nek - 
Captain Canuck -
nek - 

I have a girlfriend dipshit.  And it was her bringing this idea to my attention that prompted this thread.

No matter how many times you call him your "girlfriend," he still has a penis, you romo.

1 day ago
3/26/13
Captain Canuck -
nek - 
Captain Canuck -
nek - 

No matter how many times you call him your "girlfriend," he still has a penis, you romo.

You're clearly not with the times.  Penises, like gender, are fluid you nazi.