OtherGround Forums Got Hammered and Told My Girl I Loved Her

25 days ago
9/7/11

Yesterday I got hammered and told my girlfriend I loved her. Been dating 5 months, she is very guarded and doesn’t let her emotions be known. She responded with 

“I know how you feel about me even without you telling me”

Not the reply I was planning on haha I acted weird as fuck the rest of the night. Wtf OG? Where do I go from here?

25 days ago
4/29/09

It’s over Johnny lol

25 days ago
1/14/07
What a pussah.
25 days ago
5/1/14

Fuck it man. You said it and its done. Dont say it again if you dont want to.

25 days ago
10/22/14

Doesn't seem that bad. You never should have just randomly told her first, you upset the balance, but her response is not that bad.

You probably need to do something to make her a little jealous though and get the balance back.

25 days ago
9/7/11

I fucked up. Needless to say. God damnit.

25 days ago
3/16/18

25 days ago
3/17/03
If she can't say she loves you after 5 months, you should probably move on.
25 days ago
8/31/11

I remember when I was a teenager and got drunk for the first time too op. 

25 days ago
1/22/05

Get out now

25 days ago
8/9/16

Just be mature about it...

You told her you loved her and she said she knew...  

She doesn't have to say it back, that's so stupid... She can tell you when she's ready or maybe she never falls in love with you... Just keep being you and don't be a douche about the love thing...

Just talk to her about it and tell her that you understand and are okay with her not saying it or even being in love with you... That's just where you stand, then go on and keep being the good boyfriend she has known you to be... Shell say it if/when she's ready...

Dont be weird about it... She's going to react off of you and then start being weird herself... 

Whatever you do,

Dont say it to her all the time, like on the phone or in general, making it all awkward and shit... That's retardo...

Good luck, broski....

Edited: 25 days ago
4/6/12
MoreThai22 -

I fucked up. Needless to say. God damnit.

Relax, the more you stress over it the weirder its gonna be. Pretend it didnt happened wait for her to be comfortable to say it back. The harder you push her to reciprocate, the faster she'll  be out of the relationship. And don't keep saying it

25 days ago
12/18/03
MoreThai22 -

Yesterday I got hammered and told my girlfriend I loved her. Been dating 5 months, she is very guarded and doesn’t let her emotions be known. She responded with 

“I know how you feel about me even without you telling me”

Not the reply I was planning on haha I acted weird as fuck the rest of the night. Wtf OG? Where do I go from here?

She doesn't sound like she was having a "fuck yeah" moment. 

25 days ago
1/1/01

Rookie move

25 days ago
7/31/09

she sucks... just move on 

25 days ago
7/22/06
She doesn't love you and you may not love her either. Did you say that to make her happy?
25 days ago
2/23/05
It sounds like you really like this girl so here's some sage advice from an older guy. It doesn't matter how many time you say I love you, you have to show her every day. If you love her you'll put her first and she'll see that. That why she said what she said. It works in reverse too. When someone really loves you they put you first. Your happiness becomes there's and you don't need them to tell you they love you every five minutes, in fact, you need to tell someone at all. Remember this; if the today's are good the tomorrows will come

Good luck
25 days ago
8/9/16
holly9000 - It sounds like you really like this girl so here's some sage advice from an older guy. It doesn't matter how many time you say I love you, you have to show her every day. If you love her you'll put her first and she'll see that. That why she said what she said. It works in reverse too. When someone really loves you they put you first. Your happiness becomes there's and you don't need them to tell you they love you every five minutes, in fact, you need to tell someone at all. Remember this; if the today's are good the tomorrows will come

Good luck

Well said, sir...

25 days ago
1/1/01

25 days ago
12/18/03
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
holly9000 - It sounds like you really like this girl so here's some sage advice from an older guy. It doesn't matter how many time you say I love you, you have to show her every day. If you love her you'll put her first and she'll see that. That why she said what she said. It works in reverse too. When someone really loves you they put you first. Your happiness becomes there's and you don't need them to tell you they love you every five minutes, in fact, you need to tell someone at all. Remember this; if the today's are good the tomorrows will come

Good luck

Well said, sir...

Isn't Holly the guy who posted pics of his wife fucking another guy. 

If so, maybe take this advice with a grain of salt. 

If not, my apologies. 

Edited: 25 days ago
8/9/16
MarsMan -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

Good luck

Well said, sir...

Isn't Holly the guy who posted pics of his wife fucking another guy. 

If so, maybe take this advice with a grain of salt. 

If not, my apologies. 

I don't know anything about that...

Okay, everything else except for the cuckery...

His post, just in the general sense... Does he have to live for his wife and always and constantly put her needs or 'wants' above his own..? No... Its more about being respectful and thoughtful  towards each other... 

Reciprocity....

25 days ago
2/25/09

Man down

25 days ago
9/7/11

Yeah not my proudest moment. I told her today, I stand by what I say but knowing that she isn’t there yet, I shouldn’t have put her in that position. She responded with “Don’t overthink it. I know how you feel about me even if you didn’t say it”

Fuck

25 days ago
1/25/04
25 days ago
7/15/11
MoreThai22 -

Yeah not my proudest moment. I told her today, I stand by what I say but knowing that she isn’t there yet, I shouldn’t have put her in that position. She responded with “Don’t overthink it. I know how you feel about me even if you didn’t say it”

Fuck

Bro stop being silly. The exact thing happened to me with a girl 7 years ago. First time I had ever been the first one to say it. She was a VERY guarded person just like you’re describing. I didn’t say it again until she said it one night. It was actually even better when she did say it.

She’s my wife now and the love of my life.