OtherGround Forums Greg Doucette on Hana Kimura death -cyberbullying

Edited: 11 days ago
2/24/07

2/24/07

edit. wonky forum

12/10/09

Certainly a sad ending either way, but Scrapette was a big fan of Terrace House and always mentioned that this girl was a big bully. With that in mind, I'm not sure how I feel about her death being blamed on her being a victim.

Then again, the most important thing is that people are able to use her suicide to create a >10min youtube video to maximize monitization and views under the guise of helping.

11 days ago
2/24/07
scrapdo -

Certainly a sad ending either way, but Scrapette was a big fan of Terrace House and always mentioned that this girl was a big bully. With that in mind, I'm not sure how I feel about her death being blamed on her being a victim.

Then again, the most important thing is that people are able to use her suicide to create a >10min youtube video to maximize monitization and views under the guise of helping.

Her death was blamed on her not being able to handle the consistent bullying.   Regardless of her shortcomings on the show, the issue is a bit different.

11 days ago
2/24/07
scrapdo -

ah you edited to add your last sentence. 

help is help.  

11 days ago
5/18/11

Don't know the backstory but really sad such a, talented, pretty, and young woman would kill herself.

Sorta reminds me of when the gays bullied August Ames into suicide.

11 days ago
3/28/10

Fuck. I love Terrace House and her. This sucks.