OtherGround Forums HBO's "Watchmen" Gets Woke!.Radical Left Daydream!

24 days ago
8/1/13

Was going to watch it, It's a hard pass now.

Changes the entire plot line from nuclear and international threats to racism!

Count me out!

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/corinne-weaver/2019/10/21/good-start-hbos-watchmen-radical-progressive-daydream

‘Off to a Good Start:’ HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ a Radical-Left Daydream

Damon Lindelof created a re-imagining of Alan Moore’s The Watchmen on HBO...to portray redneck racists versus black vigilantes. 

The premiere episode on Sunday, “It’s Summer and We’re Running Out of Ice,” introduces disjointed elements of this parallel present day universe. Racism is the center of this retelling. The story starts with a flashback to the 1921 Tulsa race riots. Gunshots echo everywhere while people on fire run away screaming in terror. Members of the KKK, all in white, stampede through the streets. This is very different from The Watchmen of comic lore, which focused more on nuclear and international threats. 

Today, white rednecks live in a trailer park known as Nixonville, while masked members of the police force are not allowed to carry weapons, unless their lives are in danger. The members of the Seventh Cavalry (which Bustle says is “a reference to America’s racist origins”), a group of heavily armed white men with machine guns and prescription drug addictions, have issued a video message announcing their mission to bring about an ethnic cleansing. The Cavalry wear Rorschach masks, in homage to the Batman-esque hero in the original comics, Rorschach. 

In their threatening message to the Tulsa police, the Seventh Cavalry sit in a church, with a crucifix behind them. “The streets of Tulsa will be turned into extended gutters, overflowing with liberal tears,” promises the distorted voice of the Cavalry. 

Meanwhile, Angela (Regina King), a former officer-turned-vigilante known as Sister Night, is on a mission to stop the Seventh Cavalry. She grabs a “likely” suspect and takes him to police headquarters after the release of the video. The show echoes the “punch a Nazi” narrative as Sister Night takes the suspect into the back room and beats him until he confesses the whereabouts of the Seventh Cavalry. 

When the suspect asks for a lawyer, one of Sister Night’s partners says, “We don’t really have to do that with a terrorist.”

Almost every scene hammers the point home about racism in this society. The actor Robert Redford has been president for 30 years and has put in place liberal policies like affirmative action. In one instance, Angela is presenting to her daughter’s class, when one of the school children asks her about her past life as a police officer. As Angela is telling the story, a boy asks if she paid for her bakery “with Redfordations.” Angela’s daughter punches the boy. 

On the way home from school, her daughter states, “He’s a racist.” Angela replies, “He’s not racist. But he’s off to a good start.” 

Lindelof said he was inspired by the writings of liberal activist Ta-Nehisi Coates, specifically his article “The Case for Reparations,” through which he learned about the Tulsa race riots. 

24 days ago
12/29/03

Welp. I'll mark that off my list. 

24 days ago
9/14/03
Well, call me surprised.
24 days ago
4/27/15

Trailer looks like warm garbage.  Pass

24 days ago
4/1/11

Just cancelled HBO lol waited on Danny Mcbrides show to end seen this sh.. and was like what a waste of money. Hopefully they see a drop in subscriptions.

24 days ago
1/2/15

You fucking conservative sjws

Calm your tits, this literally affects no one 

24 days ago
10/15/13
SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -

Welp. I'll mark that off my list. 

This

24 days ago
12/6/14
Junnk -

You don't seem too realize people can have opinions on shit. It affects whether I watch it or not faggit.

24 days ago
8/1/13
Junnk -

How does it not affect fans of the comics or movie, that were looking forwad to a faithful rendition?

So pointing out SJW "wokeness" makes people SJW's?

Are you already high this morning?

24 days ago
5/16/19
Junnk -

you forgot about their feelers

24 days ago
10/15/13

Hollywood has gone loco

24 days ago
5/16/19
camicom -
Junnk -

How does it not affect fans of the comics or movie, that were looking forwad to a faithful rendition?

So pointing out SJW "wokeness" makes people SJW's?

Are you already high this morning?

it was never supposed to be a retelling. 

if you thought that's what it was you didn't read anything about it (unsurprising as youre essentially a functional illiterate), or watch a preview. 

it's set in the same universe, that's it. 

24 days ago
1/2/15
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

You don't seem too realize people can have opinions on shit. It affects whether I watch it or not faggit.

This is what sjw say when they whine that a movie doesn't have enough black actors 

24 days ago
10/15/13
Junnk -

Changes the entire plot line from nuclear and international threats to racism and white man bad.

Fuck off. 

24 days ago
12/6/14
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

This is what sjw say when they whine that a movie doesn't have enough black actors 

No, it isn't. Idiot.

24 days ago
1/2/15
Al Cappucino -
Junnk -

Changes the entire plot line from nuclear and international threats to racism and white man bad.

Fuck off. 

Omg! Changes the plot of a movie!!!! 

How does that affect your life? 

Are you super triggered? 

How can you morons not see you're turning into swjs. 

Conservatives were the voice of reason during this liberal insanity. Now, you're whining about movie plots and characters 

24 days ago
1/2/15
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

No, it isn't. Idiot.

sure it isn't

are you going to screech and protest the show now like a sjw? 

24 days ago
12/6/14
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

No, it isn't. Idiot.

sure it isn't

Does not watching something count as that? No it doesn't.

24 days ago
2/11/03
Not surprised by the triggering. Trumptards are the new sjw. You go girls!!!
24 days ago
3/27/03
camicom -

Was going to watch it, It's a hard pass now.

Changes the entire plot line from nuclear and international threats to racism!

Count me out!

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/corinne-weaver/2019/10/21/good-start-hbos-watchmen-radical-progressive-daydream

‘Off to a Good Start:’ HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ a Radical-Left Daydream

Damon Lindelof created a re-imagining of Alan Moore’s The Watchmen on HBO...to portray redneck racists versus black vigilantes. 

The premiere episode on Sunday, “It’s Summer and We’re Running Out of Ice,” introduces disjointed elements of this parallel present day universe. Racism is the center of this retelling. The story starts with a flashback to the 1921 Tulsa race riots. Gunshots echo everywhere while people on fire run away screaming in terror. Members of the KKK, all in white, stampede through the streets. This is very different from The Watchmen of comic lore, which focused more on nuclear and international threats. 

Today, white rednecks live in a trailer park known as Nixonville, while masked members of the police force are not allowed to carry weapons, unless their lives are in danger. The members of the Seventh Cavalry (which Bustle says is “a reference to America’s racist origins”), a group of heavily armed white men with machine guns and prescription drug addictions, have issued a video message announcing their mission to bring about an ethnic cleansing. The Cavalry wear Rorschach masks, in homage to the Batman-esque hero in the original comics, Rorschach. 

In their threatening message to the Tulsa police, the Seventh Cavalry sit in a church, with a crucifix behind them. “The streets of Tulsa will be turned into extended gutters, overflowing with liberal tears,” promises the distorted voice of the Cavalry. 

Meanwhile, Angela (Regina King), a former officer-turned-vigilante known as Sister Night, is on a mission to stop the Seventh Cavalry. She grabs a “likely” suspect and takes him to police headquarters after the release of the video. The show echoes the “punch a Nazi” narrative as Sister Night takes the suspect into the back room and beats him until he confesses the whereabouts of the Seventh Cavalry. 

When the suspect asks for a lawyer, one of Sister Night’s partners says, “We don’t really have to do that with a terrorist.”

Almost every scene hammers the point home about racism in this society. The actor Robert Redford has been president for 30 years and has put in place liberal policies like affirmative action. In one instance, Angela is presenting to her daughter’s class, when one of the school children asks her about her past life as a police officer. As Angela is telling the story, a boy asks if she paid for her bakery “with Redfordations.” Angela’s daughter punches the boy. 

On the way home from school, her daughter states, “He’s a racist.” Angela replies, “He’s not racist. But he’s off to a good start.” 

Lindelof said he was inspired by the writings of liberal activist Ta-Nehisi Coates, specifically his article “The Case for Reparations,” through which he learned about the Tulsa race riots. 

Cami is pulling our leg here this is way too over the top 

24 days ago
1/1/01

Why would producers think that anyone would actually want to watch garbage like this?  I saw 20 min of it and was bored silly

24 days ago
3/27/03
Isaac298 - Not surprised by the triggering. Trumptards are the new sjw. You go girls!!!

Triggering is purely a left wing phenomena... we all know this 

24 days ago
3/27/03
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

No, it isn't. Idiot.

sure it isn't

The punchline is you incorrectly saying we’ll act like leftists... let’s let that sink in 

24 days ago
10/15/13
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -
Junnk -

No, it isn't. Idiot.

sure it isn't

Screech and protest?

The hell is wrong with you.

I just wont ever watch it.  Done and done.

But, isn't this forum a place for people to discuss and either praise or shit on things? So, if i do one of those (shit on) i am screeching and protesting?  

24 days ago
10/15/13
Stronghold -

Why would producers think that anyone would actually want to watch garbage like this?  I saw 20 min of it and was bored silly

"Ohhh, but its gonna get better. Just like that Batperson show. We promise! And ya know, along the way, you just might get #woke a bit. And fort htat, we accept your thank yous in advance".