OtherGround Forums HK416/417 Build Club

9/10/20 8:42 PM
3/3/12

9/10/20 8:46 PM
11/15/04

Edited: 9/10/20 8:55 PM
1/23/14
Ruben Blades - 

Find a real 416 upper, OTB is even better. Brownells is fine for the lower, just get a real HK lower parts kit with a Geissele’s HK trigger. I would strongly suggest not getting the Brownells barrel, get nefarious barrel if you can’t afford the real thing.

Awesome -- could you explain a bit more as to why? Just purchased the lower.

Edited: 9/10/20 9:09 PM
3/3/12
fiznadd -
Ruben Blades - 

Find a real 416 upper, OTB is even better. Brownells is fine for the lower, just get a real HK lower parts kit with a Geissele’s HK trigger. I would strongly suggest not getting the Brownells barrel, get nefarious barrel if you can’t afford the real thing.

Awesome -- could you explain a bit more as to why? Just purchased the lower.

A few of my friends have had problems with the barrel nut from Brownells. Also have heard from a couple guys their CC is hit or miss on their barrels. That’s why I suggest the Nefarious barrel, it’s also chrome lined like a real HK.

9/10/20 9:13 PM
6/13/03

The Brownells 416 barrels is fine unlike the 417 barrel. I dont think Nefarious has any non 10" barrels left until they do their next batch. The brownells barrel is isonite while the nefarious is chrome lined. Neither come with a barrel nut. A real benefit of nefarious is they can modify the barrel to fitt the different types of uppers.

9/10/20 9:24 PM
2/12/14
Sogsteel -
John Cable -
Sogsteel -

Here are my two builds so far. Top one was totally pieced together by me.

Bottom one is on an AI dated parts kit I got put on a registered pistol lower. Its missing the trigger guard in the pic but i got a black enhanced one for it now

whats total cost, not including scopes, lights and shit. basic rifle. ??

I never tallied it all up. The top one raped my wallet. Finding a parts kit could add considerable savings.

I think a comeplete basic rifle could possibly be pulled off for under $4k depending on the barrel and bolt/carrier route chosen. The german stuff is big bucks. But thats just a guess, dont quote me on it. There are quite a few ways to build these. Its personal preference and budget.

. IM OUT. 

seems like a rich mans hobby. fuk that. 

gun prices will crash after Trump wins. they will be a shit ton of 500 dollar ARs

Edited: 9/10/20 10:15 PM
3/3/12
John Cable -
Sogsteel -
John Cable -
Sogsteel -

Bottom one is on an AI dated parts kit I got put on a registered pistol lower. Its missing the trigger guard in the pic but i got a black enhanced one for it now

I never tallied it all up. The top one raped my wallet. Finding a parts kit could add considerable savings.

I think a comeplete basic rifle could possibly be pulled off for under $4k depending on the barrel and bolt/carrier route chosen. The german stuff is big bucks. But thats just a guess, dont quote me on it. There are quite a few ways to build these. Its personal preference and budget.

. IM OUT. 

gun prices will crash after Trump wins. they will be a shit ton of 500 dollar ARs

My upper was 3k. Forgot what I payed for the lower and parts kit. It’s probably 8k now with all the crap I’ve added to it.

If it’s not something you’ve always wanted, there’s really know reason to own one. They’re overpriced considering a di gun will do, and in a lot of cases preform better. 

9/10/20 10:08 PM
8/15/07
Just imagine if HK had made real 416 uppers available in the US instead of that MR556 abortion they put out.
Edited: 9/10/20 10:13 PM
3/3/12
Soul Gravy - Just imagine if HK had made real 416 uppers available in the US instead of that MR556 abortion they put out.

They’re actually pretty easy to find if you’re willing to pay out the ass. Department trade ins are probably the easiest way if you have an FFL/SOT with a hook up.

9/10/20 10:32 PM
7/27/04
Ruben Blades -
Soul Gravy - Just imagine if HK had made real 416 uppers available in the US instead of that MR556 abortion they put out.

They’re actually pretty easy to find if you’re willing to pay out the ass. Department trade ins are probably the easiest way if you have an FFL/SOT with a hook up.

Great info thanks!

9/10/20 10:33 PM
7/27/11
Sogsteel -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Sogsteel, dope guns. Voted up. 

Sadly I think CAG is rocking KACs now. DEVGRU has Noveske builds. End of an era, which sucks.

TY

I'm not sure how true that is. I dont think Noveske even sells complete rifles to the military, only some parts and barrels.

Kabul back in June I think. 

Your guns are gorgeous though. Seriously props. 

Edited: 9/10/20 10:39 PM
6/13/03
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Sogsteel -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Sogsteel, dope guns. Voted up. 

Sadly I think CAG is rocking KACs now. DEVGRU has Noveske builds. End of an era, which sucks.

TY

I'm not sure how true that is. I dont think Noveske even sells complete rifles to the military, only some parts and barrels.

Kabul back in June I think. 

Your guns are gorgeous though. Seriously props. 

Ive seen that. Its not a noveske rifle IMO. Looks more like a Geissiele Super Duty, which are actually contracted recently.

9/10/20 10:45 PM
2/12/14
Ruben Blades -
John Cable -
Sogsteel -
John Cable -
Sogsteel -

. IM OUT. 

My upper was 3k. Forgot what I payed for the lower and parts kit. It’s probably 8k now with all the crap I’ve added to it.

If it’s not something you’ve always wanted, there’s really know reason to own one. They’re overpriced considering a di gun will do, and in a lot of cases preform better. 

yeahman. I like sig but dont love them. My early model 226 was a jamamatic. pow pow jam. Im not in the sig cult. 

9/11/20 1:41 AM
6/13/03
Bolt Carrier for $725

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878738111

9/11/20 8:41 AM
11/15/04
LiveWire -

Mine was $2300 OEM. 

The optic was another $1200, I believe and the cerakote was maybe $300ish?

9/11/20 11:52 AM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - Bolt Carrier for $725

What is the biggest difference between the bolt carriers that are available?

9/11/20 2:19 PM
6/13/03
fiznadd -

Sorry Im not sure what you are asking here.

9/11/20 2:43 PM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

My bad. Maybe a better question is, what are the differences between the parts we can acquire? You mentioned it was based on personal preference and budget...I get the difference in prices, but what are the differences that you mean regarding personal preference?

Reading the reviews, I'm guessing the parts like the barrel nut from Brownells, will wear out quicker than the authentic piece from Germany?

9/11/20 3:29 PM
6/13/03
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

My bad. Maybe a better question is, what are the differences between the parts we can acquire? You mentioned it was based on personal preference and budget...I get the difference in prices, but what are the differences that you mean regarding personal preference?

Reading the reviews, I'm guessing the parts like the barrel nut from Brownells, will wear out quicker than the authentic piece from Germany?

Ah well my comment extended beyond the bolt/ carrier. Iwas mainly taking about how there are a bunch of different builds and HK accessories beyond what I would consider a standard 416. You can add slimline stocks, different grips, various handguards etc...

As far as the carrier you would be limited to a 416 or a MR. The bolt the same but with the brownells option as well. The 416 being the most expensive in both intstances by hundreds of dollars

9/11/20 3:50 PM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Ah well my comment extended beyond the bolt/ carrier. Iwas mainly taking about how there are a bunch of different builds and HK accessories beyond what I would consider a standard 416. You can add slimline stocks, different grips, various handguards etc...

As far as the carrier you would be limited to a 416 or a MR. The bolt the same but with the brownells option as well. The 416 being the most expensive in both intstances by hundreds of dollars

Have you experienced any crazy wait times ordering from anywhere besides RKSUSA?

9/11/20 3:54 PM
6/13/03
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Have you experienced any crazy wait times ordering from anywhere besides RKSUSA?

German gun works out of Germany. Also i have had a spare bolt on backorder at Brownells for about a year now. 

9/11/20 4:18 PM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

German gun works out of Germany. Also i have had a spare bolt on backorder at Brownells for about a year now. 

That's such great info, thank you very much sir! Received the upper today first, pretty stoked!

9/11/20 7:52 PM
1/23/14
LiveWire - 
LiveWire -

Mine was $2300 OEM. 

Very nice sir. Would you say it's worth the price?

9/12/20 1:17 AM
7/27/04
fiznadd -
LiveWire - 
LiveWire -

Mine was $2300 OEM. 

Very nice sir. Would you say it's worth the price?

Of course

9/13/20 6:36 PM
1/23/14