9/16/20 9:24 PM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

What's the deal with buying a 10.4" Nefarious barrel? I have to get a stamp for it? 

You can build a pistol if legal in your state. Or SBR it if allowed

It says no barrels under 16", but they make exceptions for certain guns if I pay a $200 tax? Is that as easy as just paying that at my FFL? And I wouldn't be able to sell it until I get the stamp?

So your state doesn't allow AR pistols but it allows SBRs? 

And you there are multiple ways to sell an SBR.

AR Pistols are okay, and it actually looks like I would have to go in to do the fingerprints and all for the SBR. And looks like the same thing for a suppressor?

So what I can't use a SBR or a suppressor until I get a stamp?

Nope. You can also get in trouble if you dont have a pistol or SBR lower and posess a short barreled upper while you own a rifle lower, under constructive posession laws

Awww shiet. Okay.

9/16/20 9:51 PM
8/7/07
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

What's the deal with buying a 10.4" Nefarious barrel? I have to get a stamp for it? 

It says no barrels under 16", but they make exceptions for certain guns if I pay a $200 tax? Is that as easy as just paying that at my FFL? And I wouldn't be able to sell it until I get the stamp?

AR Pistols are okay, and it actually looks like I would have to go in to do the fingerprints and all for the SBR. And looks like the same thing for a suppressor?

Good news is you can start with it in pistol form and use a brace, form 1 it and make your own SBR and it will only take you 30 days to get that tax stamp back. 

9/16/20 9:54 PM
3/3/12
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Do them yourself for an SBR and find a Silencer Shop kiosk for a suppressor. 

9/16/20 9:55 PM
6/13/03
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Good news is you can start with it in pistol form and use a brace, form 1 it and make your own SBR and it will only take you 30 days to get that tax stamp back. 

Thats the way to go. 

9/16/20 10:00 PM
7/14/16
fiznadd -

Was looking over the 9" HG from Brownells -- is this type of welding normal? Looks like shit. Should I return it? Upper w/bushing and 16" barrel seem all good.

Thats normal welding with a mig, surprised hk would put its name on that.  A good weld doesnt have splatter.  Should have been tig welded, stronger and no splatter.

9/16/20 10:02 PM
7/14/16
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

If you are going to do multiple nfa stuff, would a trust be better?

9/16/20 10:10 PM
3/3/12
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

I’ve personally never done this, it never made since buying a brace to me. Assuming you already have the lower I would...

-Buy 2x fingerprint cards before you start the efile. (I would buy more than two just in case you  screw it up)

-Complete efile, send fingerprints and the document they send you ASAP. (You have to send this within 10 business days or you basically wasted $200)

-Send lower off for engraving.

9/16/20 10:11 PM
6/13/03
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

Thats a question for Ruben

9/16/20 10:29 PM
8/7/07
Ruben Blades -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

I’ve personally never done this, it never made since buying a brace to me. Assuming you already have the lower I would...

-Buy 2x fingerprint cards before you start the efile. (I would buy more than two just in case you  screw it up)

-Complete efile, send fingerprints and the document they send you ASAP. (You have to send this within 10 business days or you basically wasted $200)

I mean before efile was only taking 30 days, it mainly was so people could have the gun in a useable condition while they waited for the go ahead from the alphabet bois.

Less of a big deal these days I guess with the quick turnaround time wise.

9/16/20 10:41 PM
5/25/06

In

9/16/20 10:41 PM
7/14/16
Sogsteel -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

Gotcha.  I have a trust setup at silencer shop.  Im thinking i want to sbr the hk416, just trying to figure out the cost...  Paging ruben!

Edited: 9/16/20 11:38 PM
1/23/14

Experts -- what are my options for the gas block? Any pros and cons on an adjustable one vs a non-adjustable?

9/16/20 11:18 PM
3/3/12
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

Gotcha.  I have a trust setup at silencer shop.  Im thinking i want to sbr the hk416, just trying to figure out the cost...  Paging ruben!

Unless you’re wanting to put multiple people on it I don’t see the point. I believe the wait times are a bit longer too. I’m up to 11 stamps doing individual, 3 are pending.

9/16/20 11:24 PM
3/3/12
theken206 -
Ruben Blades -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

I mean before efile was only taking 30 days, it mainly was so people could have the gun in a useable condition while they waited for the go ahead from the alphabet bois.

Less of a big deal these days I guess with the quick turnaround time wise.

That’s true. My first SBR took almost a year.

9/16/20 11:38 PM
3/3/12
fiznadd -

Experts -- what are my options for the gas block? If I'm not going SBR, I can't use the 10.4" gas block?

Are 14” blocks hard to find now? I would think it would be the other way around.

9/16/20 11:38 PM
3/3/12
Ruben Blades -
fiznadd -

Experts -- what are my options for the gas block? If I'm not going SBR, I can't use the 10.4" gas block?

Are 14” blocks hard to find now? I would think it would be the other way around.

Heckler & Koch HK416 Vented Gas Block, Factory New – For 14.5? & 16? & 20? Barrels

9/16/20 11:52 PM
7/14/16
Ruben Blades -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

Unless you’re wanting to put multiple people on it I don’t see the point. I believe the wait times are a bit longer too. I’m up to 11 stamps doing individual, 3 are pending.

I appreciate the info.  Do you have to fingerprint and picture each time on an individual?  Whats that cost?

Edited: 9/16/20 11:57 PM
1/23/14
Ruben Blades - 
Ruben Blades -
fiznadd -

Heckler & Koch HK416 Vented Gas Block, Factory New – For 14.5? & 16? & 20? Barrels

Thank you sir

9/17/20 12:31 AM
3/3/12
Y Not -
Ruben Blades -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
Y Not -
Sogsteel -
theken206 -
fiznadd -
theken206 - 
fiznadd -
Sogsteel - 
fiznadd -

Thats the way to go. 

I appreciate the info.  Do you have to fingerprint and picture each time on an individual?  Whats that cost?

Yes, for form ones. You’ll need to send fingerprints and a picture everytime. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure you have to do the same with the trust too. It’s also $200 whether you do individual/trust. 

For form 4s I would highly suggest using Silencer Shop. They keep your fingerprints on file, and you only have to update your photo every year.

9/17/20 3:39 AM
8/7/07
fiznadd -

Experts -- what are my options for the gas block? Any pros and cons on an adjustable one vs a non-adjustable?

Far from an expert, let alone anything regarding a piston gun....

But adjustable gas blocks are just one more thing to add to a gas system that can fail and they are far more of a problem than they are a solution to anything.

9/17/20 10:49 AM
1/23/14
theken206 - 
fiznadd -

Far from an expert, let alone anything regarding a piston gun....

But adjustable gas blocks are just one more thing to add to a gas system that can fail and they are far more of a problem than they are a solution to anything.

Ahh got it, thank you. I keep wanting to take shortcuts, but it's probably better to be patient.

9/17/20 10:53 AM
6/13/03

The early HK adjustable GB were failure prone as found out by the Norwegian military. They have since upgraded and have been found to be robust. You just need to be sure you get the right one and get your barrel to gas port size matched correctly. That that can end up being a confusing feat.

9/17/20 10:58 AM
1/23/14
Sogsteel - 

The early HK adjustable GB were failure prone as found out by the Norwegian military. They have since upgraded and have been found to be robust. You just need to be sure you get the right one and get your barrel to gas port size matched correctly. That that can end up being a confusing feat.

Is the slim line one the actual correct one? Or is that for the MR556?

9/18/20 12:23 PM
1/23/14

9/18/20 1:10 PM
7/27/04
fiznadd -

Oh dude that's sweet