OtherGround Forums HRT / TRT Question: Time to come off?

10 days ago
12/16/05
JayMan - 
scrapdo -
JayMan -

Man... I know people who have been shut down for life after one cycle of tren.  I know one guy that can take anything and still has 5 kids.   You never know which you are.

Have you had your red blood count checked?  You should.  That's a much bigger risk than most people seem to think.  I had a really bad health scare because my doc never mentioned that.  I finally read a book and had my blood checked.  My doc called me and said I needed to leave work and go give blood, even if i had to pay.  He said my red blood count was so high he didn't know how I was functioning.  He said I was at a very high risk for stroke.  So i left work and gave 2 units.  I could immediately feel the difference.  Now I give every 4-6 weeks to keep my blood count normal.  I take 200mg test cyp weekly, with hcg and an anti estrogen.  This is all prescribed.  Been on it for 6 years.  I come off every 6-8 months and take chlomid for 6 weeks.  No nut shrinkage at all with the hcg.  It actually fixed a few sexual problems I was having after starting trt.  Id recommend it on cycle, then stop when you start the chlomid.

Which AE do you take and what is the dosage?

sounds like the smart way to do it imho. I’m a proponent of people taking hcg throughout their cycle to make pct much smoother. 

Letrozole.  1.25mg every other day.

I use a company online now.  They are based in Florida.  None of the local people will give HCG or Letrozole or any of that stuff.  They just give test, nothing else.  The people I use now are pretty cheap.  I pay about $1000 or so for 6 months worth of meds.  That includes the test, hcg, chlomid, letrozole, and syringes.  They even send fat needles for drawing.  I have to get lab work done every year and have the results sent to them.  Occasionally they will call about something on my labs and request another test, but rarely.  It sounds sketchy, but I get the best care from them than I have from anyone.  It's not too expensive.  It's all sent in the mail.

They also prescribe peptides, HGH, and Deca if you want.  If anyone needs their info, let me know.  After 6 years of using about 6 different doctors this is the best I've found.  If anyone has a company they would like to recommend, I'm all ears.  They are a little bit pushy for me.  They always want to give me more than what I need.

$1k for 6 months seems expensive with as cheap as generic test is. I do get that it's damn near impossible to find a legit doc that will prescribe anything except test with nothing else.
10 days ago
11/17/10
androb -
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -
Altair - Never done any enhancements but at 38, I would consider it but carefully, I hate the idea of injecting every week for the rest of your life and also being mentally dependant on it.

recalibrate your diet and lifestyle

that got my levels to the high 400s in my late 30s then they should be in the mid to high 600s.  i need to be on it, but have been putting it off for a number of reasons.

then just accept the fact that we NATURALLY decrease our test levels as we age

Such is life

So people should not wear glasses as their eyesight declines?

hearing aids?

blood pressure medicine?

lol any other medicine that helps combat old age?

sorry in limbo... just accepting old age and all that comes with it isn’t for me 

I won’t judge you for being a shell of your former self.. but don’t judge others for enjoying their 40’s + years 

im sitll in my 30s, but maybe my tune will change when i notice a decline in something.....i honestly am amazed at how enhanced 40-50 yr old guys are these days....i go out sometimes and see groups of 55 yr old men who are fucking jacked like randy couture

and i jus tlike to bust bawlz here

but honestly, some guys here are on some rocket science cocktail shit, listing milligrams of 4 different types of things they have to actually "cycle" on and off of

you guys are like Blade

10 days ago
8/23/11
In Limbo -
androb -
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -
Altair - Never done any enhancements but at 38, I would consider it but carefully, I hate the idea of injecting every week for the rest of your life and also being mentally dependant on it.

that got my levels to the high 400s in my late 30s then they should be in the mid to high 600s.  i need to be on it, but have been putting it off for a number of reasons.

Such is life

hearing aids?

blood pressure medicine?

sorry in limbo... just accepting old age and all that comes with it isn’t for me 

I won’t judge you for being a shell of your former self.. but don’t judge others for enjoying their 40’s + years 

im sitll in my 30s, but maybe my tune will change when i notice a decline in something.....i honestly am amazed at how enhanced 40-50 yr old guys are these days....i go out sometimes and see groups of 55 yr old men who are fucking jacked like randy couture

but honestly, some guys here are on some rocket science cocktail shit, listing milligrams of 4 different types of things they have to actually "cycle" on and off of

you guys are like Blade

That makes sense 

here is what’s waiting for you 

40 years old 

making decent money (finally)

still active playing sports, at the gym, BJj (or whatever you do )

body starts to ace a little

workouts become tough to get through 

recovery becomes longer 

body doesn’t respond as well 

tough to keep weight off 

libido suffers

erections aren’t as hard or easy to obtain 

you can either... fade into old age or get your levels checked and get on trt. Take some viagara and get some great workouts in, lose weight, look better, feel better, fuck 20 somethings and live your 40’s and 50’s the same as your 20’s and 30’s but with the knowledge and money of an adult 

10 days ago
8/14/10

Christ this thread got derailed quickly. I posted a follow-up to the OP about my dosages and what happened. Can I get a bit of help without people going off about their feelings on TRT and dosages for themselves? You're also welcome to start your own threads.

10 days ago
12/10/11

I understand why people on trt want to do more gear but I do NOT understand why they actually do it

wyen you start dosing up that high with test you fuck yourself up even more 

and since you probably aren’t telling your doctor about doing a cycle on top of the TRT you are only fking yourself more

you wouldn’t be feeling the way you do now had you not done a cycle on top

my GFs dad did this and it and it was day and night for him before he did it versus after

10 days ago
4/13/12
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -

Such is life

Doesnt have to though.

Edited: 10 days ago
12/10/09
Sackhole -

Christ this thread got derailed quickly. I posted a follow-up to the OP about my dosages and what happened. Can I get a bit of help without people going off about their feelings on TRT and dosages for themselves? You're also welcome to start your own threads.

To answer your OP; If you're cycling steroids, most people will recommend you being off as long as you were on before restarting, if you'd like the best chance to maintain your natural production.

I'm not saying that's what most people do, but that's what they recommend.

But, like others have said, are you cycling steroids or on TRT?

If you're on TRT, what is the reason to stop? Ostensibly, you've started supplementing your testosterone because your natural levels are inadequate. That isn't going to magically get better now that you've done it for 6mo, so why would you be coming off the TRT?

10 days ago
8/14/10

200mg is a high dose for test?

ive already given my explanation that I don’t have an endocrinologist in the Middle East. I went on cycle because I was hit by a fucking car and broke 2 tibias. I’m not sure if you know how to read mate.

i don’t feel bad or horrible, I’m asking if it’s precautionary if I take a break from TRT. I’ve literally said my legs and body feel awesome after 6 months of using a granny walker. I’ve actually never felt better, the fuck are you talking about?

10 days ago
8/14/10

I shouldn’t use the term TRT, as none of this was prescribed by a doctor, I’ll just say that it is self prescribed after viewing my bloods about 4 years ago, where the doctor did prescribe it, but I have since moved from that country. In the timeframe since, I’ve viewed and monitored my bloods myself, but I’ve always come off cycle whether 6-8 months off and taken a break. Now my girlfriend is talking about kids and am now considering coming off.

10 days ago
4/9/19
btr740 -
JayMan - 
scrapdo -
JayMan -

Man... I know people who have been shut down for life after one cycle of tren.  I know one guy that can take anything and still has 5 kids.   You never know which you are.

Have you had your red blood count checked?  You should.  That's a much bigger risk than most people seem to think.  I had a really bad health scare because my doc never mentioned that.  I finally read a book and had my blood checked.  My doc called me and said I needed to leave work and go give blood, even if i had to pay.  He said my red blood count was so high he didn't know how I was functioning.  He said I was at a very high risk for stroke.  So i left work and gave 2 units.  I could immediately feel the difference.  Now I give every 4-6 weeks to keep my blood count normal.  I take 200mg test cyp weekly, with hcg and an anti estrogen.  This is all prescribed.  Been on it for 6 years.  I come off every 6-8 months and take chlomid for 6 weeks.  No nut shrinkage at all with the hcg.  It actually fixed a few sexual problems I was having after starting trt.  Id recommend it on cycle, then stop when you start the chlomid.

sounds like the smart way to do it imho. I’m a proponent of people taking hcg throughout their cycle to make pct much smoother. 

I use a company online now.  They are based in Florida.  None of the local people will give HCG or Letrozole or any of that stuff.  They just give test, nothing else.  The people I use now are pretty cheap.  I pay about $1000 or so for 6 months worth of meds.  That includes the test, hcg, chlomid, letrozole, and syringes.  They even send fat needles for drawing.  I have to get lab work done every year and have the results sent to them.  Occasionally they will call about something on my labs and request another test, but rarely.  It sounds sketchy, but I get the best care from them than I have from anyone.  It's not too expensive.  It's all sent in the mail.

They also prescribe peptides, HGH, and Deca if you want.  If anyone needs their info, let me know.  After 6 years of using about 6 different doctors this is the best I've found.  If anyone has a company they would like to recommend, I'm all ears.  They are a little bit pushy for me.  They always want to give me more than what I need.

$1k for 6 months seems expensive with as cheap as generic test is. I do get that it's damn near impossible to find a legit doc that will prescribe anything except test with nothing else.

The HCG is the most expensive part.

10 days ago
12/10/09
Sackhole -

200mg is a high dose for test?

ive already given my explanation that I don’t have an endocrinologist in the Middle East. I went on cycle because I was hit by a fucking car and broke 2 tibias. I’m not sure if you know how to read mate.

i don’t feel bad or horrible, I’m asking if it’s precautionary if I take a break from TRT. I’ve literally said my legs and body feel awesome after 6 months of using a granny walker. I’ve actually never felt better, the fuck are you talking about?

If that’s for me? I never said you were on “high dose.”

Either way what question do you still have? No offense intended, but It seems to be they’ve all been answered but you either missed them or don’t like them?

7/24/16

OP, how about we start by NOT calling what you've been doing TRT. I see half your problem right there. You're bullshitting yourself and trying to bullshit us. You've been on a steroid cycle, end of story. NOT TRT. Just because you've chosen to buy black market hormones and inject what still amounts to supraphysiological levels of testosterone, albeit on the low end for steroid cycles, doesn't make it TRT. I could pick apart what you're trying to do here, but I don't have the time or energy for it at the moment. You need to just run PCT and find an endocrinologist that knows his shit ASAP. I'll leave it at that.

10 days ago
9/27/15
Stea1th - 

Try a cycle of clomid to see if you can restart your natural ability, 

thats what what I did and now I’m off both. 

I dont feel as good as I did on TRT but I don’t have to inject myself all the time now so there is that 

libido is nonexistant though 

How often did you have to inject yourself on Trt?

I'm in great shape physically and stronger than ever but my libido is fucking gone...zero arousal as well, doesn't matter how hot or kinky the girl is..I've tried others supplements and they are useless...I'm about to give pt 141 a try..ever heard of it?
10 days ago
9/27/15
androb - 
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -

Such is life

hearing aids?

blood pressure medicine?

Good point..you live once and you might as well feel as good as you can in your middle and later years..if Trt makeys you more energetic, Hornier, stronger and less irritable, why NOT take it?! I spent several years in my early 30s just dragging my somber ass through the day..I should have went on Trt and probably should be on it now
4/13/12
ons ear -
androb - 
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -

Such is life

hearing aids?

blood pressure medicine?

Good point..you live once and you might as well feel as good as you can in your middle and later years..if Trt makeys you more energetic, Hornier, stronger and less irritable, why NOT take it?! I spent several years in my early 30s just dragging my somber ass through the day..I should have went on Trt and probably should be on it now

Because there are studies that SUGGEST IT MAY increase your risk for cancer and heart issues.  We just dont have a lot of data yet.  But im optimistic.  

Have a couple of friends on it.  They say they wake up with ragers, jerk a couple times a day and still want to fuck at night.  One buddy said its almost a negative.  Its like being in HS again.  He gets hard ons at work for no reason.

10 days ago
12/13/15
Gucci2x -
Stea1th - 

Try a cycle of clomid to see if you can restart your natural ability, 

thats what what I did and now I’m off both. 

I dont feel as good as I did on TRT but I don’t have to inject myself all the time now so there is that 

libido is nonexistant though 

Nuts look like a couple of lil' raisins. I bet those muscles are pretty fucking sweet looking though

You like men with nice ripe melon nuts don't you.

10 days ago
4/13/12
btr740 -
JayMan - 
scrapdo -
JayMan -

$40/ week?  I spend more a week on other things to feel good.

And like you said, its more about finding a doc that knows his shit that is comfortable pulling the trigger.  My doc sent me to an endo that ran a bunch of tests that cost me $1200 out of pocket and wanted to run more.  Thats why these clinics are so popular- you know what ylu want, just get it done already.

10 days ago
7/15/14

42 here. 20mg every other day. Just test nothing else. I pay $15/month with insurance. My T is on point every month. E2 in check, SHBG in check and Total T around 700. 

10 days ago
1/30/10
In Limbo -
androb -
In Limbo -
EFM -
In Limbo -

Such is life

hearing aids?

blood pressure medicine?

you guys are like Blade

Lol just wait til you get to your 40s....I’m 41 and in excellent shape , boners are still raging , libido is still strong ....my only complaint is that workouts get harder , recovery takes longer , injuries happen more often and getting a full nights sleep are few and far between ...sleep is what I wish I could get back ....I will get my T levels tested , and if I’m below 500, I will start on trt 

10 days ago
1/1/01
ttt
10 days ago
7/19/13
Sackhole -

I shouldn’t use the term TRT, as none of this was prescribed by a doctor, I’ll just say that it is self prescribed after viewing my bloods about 4 years ago, where the doctor did prescribe it, but I have since moved from that country. In the timeframe since, I’ve viewed and monitored my bloods myself, but I’ve always come off cycle whether 6-8 months off and taken a break. Now my girlfriend is talking about kids and am now considering coming off.

If you think that you want kids then definitely end your cycle and start PCT. You'd probably be well served to run clomid and tamoxifen together.