OtherGround Forums Has Your Wife/SO Ever Seen You Fight?

9/20/20 8:12 AM
1/1/01

I was dating a woman and she drove me to a fight. I was cutting and grouchy and we got into a big fight. Never did it again.

9/20/20 8:25 AM
7/12/03
samichlaus -
Samoa - 

In my 20’s I was in a softball game and I guy was talking shit. I said whatever you want. He was on first base and said “No after the game so no one breaks it up”. Like two pitches later the batter hits a lazy fly ball to left and dude starts walking to me (I was playing 3rd) and when he got within reach I punched him. He went down but the rest of his team swarmed. I was guesting for team I was playing on and only two guys backed me up. I stayed on my feet and still touched more than I got touched. More effect at least. 

My (then girlfriend) wife was yelling at my team telling them to get in there. 

Its the only time she saw me actually punch someone. I’ve stood a couple guys down with her around but it’s a rule that I try my hardest to not fight with my other around. My whole life. Now I’m old. I’m not getting into any fights unless it’s way unavoidable. 

Last week you slammed that dude at the market grabbing all the corned beef pretty damn hard.

Ha

9/21/20 9:24 AM
1/1/01
samichlaus - 
Samoa - 

In my 20’s I was in a softball game and I guy was talking shit. I said whatever you want. He was on first base and said “No after the game so no one breaks it up”. Like two pitches later the batter hits a lazy fly ball to left and dude starts walking to me (I was playing 3rd) and when he got within reach I punched him. He went down but the rest of his team swarmed. I was guesting for team I was playing on and only two guys backed me up. I stayed on my feet and still touched more than I got touched. More effect at least. 

Its the only time she saw me actually punch someone. I’ve stood a couple guys down with her around but it’s a rule that I try my hardest to not fight with my other around. My whole life. Now I’m old. I’m not getting into any fights unless it’s way unavoidable. 

Last week you slammed that dude at the market grabbing all the corned beef pretty damn hard.

Must be some other Samoan you're thinking of.  No one puts baby in the corner and no one messes with my pisupo.

9/21/20 9:40 AM
1/24/15
Just once...she never got mouthy again.
9/21/20 10:07 AM
9/18/13

Couple smokers, couple ammy and later a couple pro fights. Being my size and not putting myself in bad situations has prevented me from needing to be physical in my adult life. High school I had to lay down the law a couple times but she wasn't around then to see thankfully.

9/21/20 10:09 AM
8/23/11
pcuzz - 

She saw me fight once. Guy was road raging and got behind me at a stop light. I jumped out and ran back to his car, just as he opened the door and had one leg out I kicked the door on his leg and punched him twice. Then got back in my car and drove away.

lol no offence, but if you got out of the car and punched someone... you are the road rager!

9/21/20 11:38 AM
10/11/18

My boyfriend saw me fight...felt bad for me, then kicked the dude's ass that hit on him.

Needless to say I'm a Bottom.

9/21/20 11:40 AM
1/9/02

i wouldnt call it a fight when she burned dinner twice in one week

9/21/20 11:48 AM
1/1/01

Yes. More tgan once.

Ive gotten my ass kicked several times, but im undefeated when she is a spectator. 

9/21/20 11:50 AM
10/11/18

What do you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing you haven't already fucking said twice before.

9/21/20 12:10 PM
1/1/01
mysteryman - 

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, she's already been told twice.

imo

9/21/20 12:29 PM
9/3/14

Definitely, she came to see my first boxing fight back when we started dating. 

Came close to get into scraps at bars and on the street a few times but always defused the situation as I would not want her get hurt if I got flask KOed, you never know.

A few years ago she asked me to enroll with our 2 boys in kickboxing and I gladly did 1 more fight. It felt good to compete again. 

To your point in the OP, my gf of 19 years was way above my league when we met. Not talking looks but just overall, she was educated, came from a good family and had a bright future.  I was the complete opposite and would have gotten in trouble, jailed or killed if I had not met her.

I truly believe her seeing me fight and win made her decision to have kids with me. Something about animals primal something something I read somewhere...

Now I make more $ than her and all 4 of us are very happy.

So, if you have a chance youngsters, fight in front of your women.. in a cage/ring though.  Leave the streets for when you are alone with your homies.

9/21/20 1:21 PM
1/1/01
Samoa -
mysteryman - 

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, she's already been told twice.

imo

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Get in the kitchen before i punch you in the stomach.

9/21/20 6:17 PM
1/1/01
Samoa - 
samichlaus - 
Samoa - 

Must be some other Samoan you're thinking of.  No one puts baby in the corner and no one messes with my pisupo.

That's Happy Food!

9/21/20 6:21 PM
12/15/11

Yes

Bledsoe 1

Brennan

Gilbert

On tape in living room

Popofski

Bledsoe 2

Jones

She likes watching, never fazed her.

5 days ago
5/22/15

Just once. 14 years ago when we were dating. It almost ruined our relationship of over one month.
It was just after UFC 65 Bad Intentions. I was 26 years old watching the fights. My ol' lady was at a Pow wow on the rez and hitting me up saying some dude they were with was talking shit, making her feel uncomfortable. The phone kept losing connection but I was able to piece enough together as some dude was talking shit. Finally after several dropped calls I found a place where I can pick her up. JR's off the 87.

So here I am, a white boy waiting in a gas station parking lot on a reservation looking for a fight with a native after a Pow wow. No one gets between a dog and his bone..

Yeah, you know how many beans it takes to make a burrito? You haven't seen shit until you've seen how many natives it takes to fill a Nissan Sentra. When they rolled up I hit the door quick, asking my Love where that motherfucker Danny is. She was riding shotgun and said he was in the back seat behind Donovan, the driver.
I make haste and open his door asking "Are you Danny!?"
This dude barrels out swinging saying "Yeah, Who the fuck are you?"
After acoiding his initial attack. I lit him up on the feet for a few. This dude had maybe 80lbs to my 180. He had two different colored eyes. One was blue and the other brown. He Zangiefed me. Drove my back into the passenger side front quarter panel of my 2006 Colorado creating a dent. It pissed me off. The only thing I could do was repeatedly dig my knuckles into his ribcage hoping for a break.
Well I got that break.
Dude got tired of eating those shots and hip tossed my ass half way across the parking lot. I rolled with it. I more anticipated his next attack, I welcomed it. A running soccer kick. I trapped his ankle coming in with my right hand to shield nearly simultaneously driving my left palm through his knee to buckle him gaining top control and pound him out.
My ol' lady rushes in and pulls me off saying "What the fuck is wrong with you!?
I replied "You said he was talking shit."

"Not to me! He was talking shit to Donovan!"

OOPS!

So I make my way over to apologise to Danny. Danny was still understandingly pissed. Donovan was trying to hold him back. Danny threw a right over Donovan's shoulder which ended up giving me a well deserved shiner.

It turns out Danny thought I was some asshole harassing his friend, my Ol' Lady. Danny attacked me to protect her.

When the cops showed up I thought I was done for. Here I am sitting on my tailgate on a reservation having just busted up a native after a Pow wow. I was completely honest and offered to buy some ice packs and bandages for Danny. It was a complete misunderstanding.

No charges were filed that night. We were all let go.

My ol' lady sat beside me not saying a word as I drove her home, while Danny was driven to the hospital.

Three days passed and she hadn't spoken a word to me.

On Thanksgiving day Danny sends me a friend request on Facebook. Of course I accept.

That same day Danny's sister blasted me and my Love with a picture of Danny wearing sunglasses at the table. Saying look what you did to him!?

I felt somewhat terrible.

It took a few days before my Love reached out to me again. She said all her friends were treating her very differently. That they were all afraid to upset her.

I don't want to ever fight again.

5 days ago
7/12/15

Yeah, she watched me box my old roommate years ago. Him and I would fight each other daily in the garage. After some drinks one night our girls said they wanted to watch us. We'd never done that drunk before and it was a huge mistake. Basically just teed off on each other full blast with neither one of us moving out of the way of anything. The girls got awkward about it and were yelling at us to stop. Killed the vibe of a fun night. 

5 days ago
12/6/10
mysteryman -

The same thing you already told her twice

5 days ago
5/22/15
Gino_Corona - 
mysteryman -

The same thing you already told her twice

Mysteryman sleeps with one eye open.

5 days ago
12/20/05

I GOT INTO A FIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET RIGHT IN FRONT OF FACEBOOK HQ A FEW YEARS BACK.  SOMEONE THREW A BOTTLE AT MY MOTHER IN LAWS  CAR AT A STOP LIGHT.....I HAD TO GIVE HIM A SPANKING.  

5 days ago
5/11/10

Do MMA fights count? If so yes. Outside of combat sports no. Its really hard to aggravate me. I haven't been in a street fight in about 7 years, and even that wasn't a real fight. The only thing that ever sets me off other than violence is someone even mildly aggressive towards her. 

5 days ago
2/19/12
No, came to my BJJ tournies but never saw me go full on hulk mode in a fight. I hope she never does.
5 days ago
10/3/12

Does fighting alcoholism count? 

5 days ago
11/29/04

Yeah she saw me escape a mobbing with bats and machetes then get shot at. It was her and the smallest of my homies that stayed by my side when I got surrounded. The rest of my boys slithered away lol

5 days ago
8/8/18
yep and she'll never fuck with me again.