OtherGround Forums Has Your Wife/SO Ever Seen You Fight?

9/19/20 9:08 PM
1/1/01

I’ve been married since 2007. Together with wife since summer 2006. In that time, she has never seen me in a fight. She has seen videos of wrestling, BJJ, and a fight or two from before that time, but never seen me fight in person. She’s also heard stories from friends and former teammates and stuff. She did see me and a buddy have a fun scrap once, but nothing serious. Has your wife/SO seen you fight for real? Did they treat you any differently afterwards? Did it change/improve/ruin your relationship? 

9/19/20 9:12 PM
4/22/07

Yeah. I whooped her sibling's ass for crossing the line.

Little bitch never stood a chance, and is lucky her sorority sisters came to save her.

9/19/20 9:14 PM
4/9/16

A few close calls. The main reason it never went full on was her reaction to the first close call. She was not happy. 

9/19/20 9:17 PM
4/13/12

just with our child.  it's usually not much of a fight.  i ask head or gut then she runs away in tears.

Edited: 9/19/20 9:31 PM
9/7/11

Was at a bar on like our 5th date with her. We were playing that basketball game where it times you on how many shots you make. There were these two big hood dudes playing darts right next to us.

I went to grab a ball and knocked my beer off the table but I fought the bottle before it hit the ground. The beer flew out and went on one of the dread heads shoes.

I said “Hey brother that’s my bad, I’ll buy you a beer as a good gesture. I apologize.”

I went to pat him on the back and grab the beer but he threw his elbow up and said “Don’t fuckin touch me homie”

I said “Alright, I’m just trying to be a nice guy. But fuck it, you shouldn’t be wearing brand new white shoes to a bar”

His boy held him back and said “Hey man, we’re alright. I know it was an accident, he’s just right right now”

I was like half the other guys size so his friend probably saved me an ass whooping. But I was anticipating a good scrap.

9/19/20 9:37 PM
6/3/03

She saw me punk her ex boyfriend when we ran into him in a bar one night. He kept looking over to us and I kept catching him looking at us. After like the third time I said really loudly “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?!?” and he got all bitch like and was like “Nothing. I’m sorry. Sorry bro” and then stared into his drink for the rest of the night. 

Another night she saw me eat a sucker punch from some dude and then laugh at the dude. LOL. 

She saw me spar at my gym one night and was like “Fuck, you aren’t the biggest guy there but you’re fucking scrappy” as she said I kept chasing people down and unloading even if I ate a shot or two. 

Other than that she’s never seen me get in a balls out fight but at this age I would do anything in my power to avoid a fight. Too much to lose even if I decimate the other guy. 

Edited: 9/19/20 9:38 PM
4/9/16
MoreThai22 -

Was at a bar on like our 5th date with her. We were playing that basketball game where it times you on how many shots you make. There were these two big hood dudes playing darts right next to us.

I went to grab a ball and knocked my beer off the table but I fought the bottle before it hit the ground. The beer flew out and went on one of the dread heads shoes.

I said “Hey brother that’s my bad, I’ll buy you a beer as a good gesture. I apologize.”

I went to pat him on the back and grab the beer but he threw his elbow up and said “Don’t fuckin touch me homie”

I said “Alright, I’m just trying to be a nice guy. But fuck it, you shouldn’t be wearing brand new white shoes to a bar”

His boy held him back and said “Hey man, we’re alright. I know it was an accident, he’s just right right now”

I was like half the other guys size so his friend probably saved me an ass whooping. But I was anticipating a good scrap.

My bad I didn't read the whole post!

9/19/20 9:41 PM
9/10/13

Nah. I'm pretty composed. She thinks me being annoyed at something is me totally angry lol. I grew up with violence and she has no fucking idea, but that's not a bad thing. 

Edited: 9/19/20 9:42 PM
9/7/11
ShortElbowInTheClinch -
MoreThai22 -

My bad I didn't read the whole post!

Haha

Edited: 9/19/20 9:59 PM
6/11/10

Sort of. Wasn’t much of a fight tho. It was like 18 years ago. My wife, my girl at the time, lived in Chelsea, NYC, going to school there. I used to come out there and stay on the weekends.
One weekend we were out at a club with friends for a BDay party and some guy touched my girls ass. Something you come to expect in an NYC club. She told me about it and I confronted him, he apologized right away and said it was an accident, wasn’t done on purpose. The place was packed so I told him he’s lucky, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, but didn’t want to see him around us in the club. I honestly didn’t want to make a scene, the night was young and we were there for a friends birthday. He didn’t even look like he wanted a fight. 
He stayed away for the whole night, I kept my eye on him from a distance but he knew it. He kept noticing me staring at him. It must’ve got to him though because friends of mine that were with us later on when we were leaving said when we were outside the club that they overheard his drunk ass, he kept talking shit loudly about me to his one boy he had with him, shit talking me about stepping to him in the club. So I walked up and was like “look man, you apologized, I gave you a pass, and you’re still talkin shit??” 
He probably felt cornered and threw a sloppy overhand and caught me but barely glanced the top of my head as I ducked it and I hit him once. Straight right to the nose and he dropped like the fat sack of shit he is.
My wife started screaming because she got scared when he swung on me, but once he dropped she calmed down. I think I broke his nose because it looked busted and it gushed blood as soon as I connected he was knocked out out cold, one hit. Probably wasted too. I wasn’t because I still had to drive back to NJ. I was ready for his other guy to swing but I look up and my friends were holding him, he put his hands up and we all just walked away, before the club bouncers or the cops that were outside came around by us.

9/19/20 9:57 PM
10/8/12

It was war 2nd date. Some homeless guy was harassing us for money and cigarettes,  long story short he wouldnt not leave my now wife alone and kept touching her shoulder and arm and whatnot, i told hom to fuck off a few times and he would for awhile but he always came back. Eventually she told him to fuck off and he pulled back to slap her when I stepped in and took the hit. 

I was fresh off of the college wrestling so I popped him into a clinch and Randy Couture'd him into the bar wall. Wrapped him into a thai clinch and thought about throwing some knee's but decided better of it. I guess I was holding him several feet off the ground and pinned him against the wall. I dropped him and the ground and told him that if I saw him again I would actually throw and punch next time we fought. He took off and my wife still gets revved up about it. Now she claims my composure and "resistance" to violence were what she liked, but I still wish that fucker would have pushed me back so I coild have smashed him. 

9/19/20 10:17 PM
8/29/09

No, but she saw me go after her dad one time. My two larger brother in laws stopped me from completely fucking up the family dynamic. 

9/19/20 10:18 PM
5/1/16

Yes , he was a self proclaimed Kung Fu black belt who's father was a Kung Fu Master and trained the Ecuadorian Army in hand to hand combat. He wouldn't stop talking shit about how he could beat up anyone , he can kill people ect.......... then decided to tell my wife and her friend that he could kick my ass . 

Not really a fight though , it was like fighting my 12 year old . Just grabbed him slammed him and sat on his chest and slapped him . He 100% believed what he was saying . He claimed later that he didn't have full power because he ate too much food or some shit . 

9/19/20 10:20 PM
7/12/03

She saw me fight once. Guy was road raging and got behind me at a stop light. I jumped out and ran back to his car, just as he opened the door and had one leg out I kicked the door on his leg and punched him twice. Then got back in my car and drove away.

9/19/20 10:23 PM
10/24/03

Yes before we were married, My last 3 muay thai fights. That was in 2010.

9/19/20 10:26 PM
5/9/20
She's seen me beat up the pussy plenty of times.
9/19/20 10:27 PM
4/8/20

She’s seen me bow up a few times but only actual tussle was a grappling tournament. 

9/19/20 10:30 PM
6/29/11

Hell yeah she has. She’s got great head movement but when I connected she had a glass chin. 

Edited: 9/19/20 10:30 PM
6/11/10

This reminded me of one of my buddies. Lol thinking about it. He did the Friday Smokey bit, standing over the guy afterward yelling “You got knocked the fuck out!!” RIP Nolan you crazy bastard.

9/19/20 10:30 PM
4/17/15

Current wife has seen it a couple times. I try to avoid fighting in front of her in case I lose. 

9/19/20 10:32 PM
4/17/15
The Donkeypuncher -

Hell yeah she has. She’s got great head movement but when I connected she had a glass chin. 

My second to last wife was a brawler. Impressive chin, stabbed me once toward the end of our marriage. 

9/19/20 10:57 PM
5/8/13

Saw the aftermath...  his bloody face n shirt. Think it turned her on 

9/20/20 12:35 AM
5/2/02

Yes.  She both appreciates this intent but reminds me how stupid it was and how much I scared our daughter.  It was the kind of thing that could have easily landed me in a foreign jail were it not for the preferential treatment foreigners with money were getting at the time.  These days I’d probably get disappeared 

9/20/20 12:39 AM
7/8/14

No but she's seen me tossed out of the bar by someone after dumping a beer on their table 

9/20/20 1:03 AM
5/13/02

Nope, but she's seen someone back down from me when we were dating. Fast forward 20 years and I can't even fight acid reflux from a piece of pizza.

comb.io - Cape Feare