OtherGround Forums Heroin use explodes...

7/8/15 12:27 AM
11/18/09
OGT - 
PhillyFights - I remember waking up in the back of an ambulance in Washington DC and there 4 paramedics. 3 dudes and one smokin hot spanish chick. When I woke up all three dudes had both hands on me like they were waiting for me to spaz out. the chick was just mean mugging me so hard. i told the guys i was cool and wasnt gonna freak out. the girl started saying shit like "we shoulda left you there". one of the guys looked at her like "jesus even i think thats harsh. shut the fuck up". i think she really woulda left me there
Some medics, especially firefighters have zero tolerance/sympathy for ODs. The most lippy I've ever seen coworkers is dealing with addicts.

She just wanted to make you feel bad, you can't neglect a 911 just because it's someone who did something to themselves. There is no way she would get away with leaving you lol, that's abandonment. Big no no, if you survived anyway you'd have yourself a free lawsuit. Phone Post 3.0

yeah I know she was just talkin shit....but even in the state of mind I was in one of my first thoughts was "thiiiis bitch"......Right after that I went home to fuck my girlfriend. When she took my shirt off, one of those sticker things they put on you to hook wires up was stick stuck on me. i thought i got em all....had no choice but to just tell my GF the whole story. was awful
7/8/15 12:36 AM
4/14/12
PhillyFights -
OGT - 
PhillyFights - I remember waking up in the back of an ambulance in Washington DC and there 4 paramedics. 3 dudes and one smokin hot spanish chick. When I woke up all three dudes had both hands on me like they were waiting for me to spaz out. the chick was just mean mugging me so hard. i told the guys i was cool and wasnt gonna freak out. the girl started saying shit like "we shoulda left you there". one of the guys looked at her like "jesus even i think thats harsh. shut the fuck up". i think she really woulda left me there
Some medics, especially firefighters have zero tolerance/sympathy for ODs. The most lippy I've ever seen coworkers is dealing with addicts.

She just wanted to make you feel bad, you can't neglect a 911 just because it's someone who did something to themselves. There is no way she would get away with leaving you lol, that's abandonment. Big no no, if you survived anyway you'd have yourself a free lawsuit. Phone Post 3.0

yeah I know she was just talkin shit....but even in the state of mind I was in one of my first thoughts was "thiiiis bitch"......Right after that I went home to fuck my girlfriend. When she took my shirt off, one of those sticker things they put on you to hook wires up was stick stuck on me. i thought i got em all....had no choice but to just tell my GF the whole story. was awful
Ah they forgot a lead :( that sucks man, shitty way for you to have to break it to her. Did she not know you use? If so I have a lot more questions lol. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 12:43 AM
11/18/09
OGT - 
PhillyFights -
OGT - 

Ah they forgot a lead :( that sucks man, shitty way for you to have to break it to her. Did she not know you use? If so I have a lot more questions lol. Phone Post 3.0

i forget exactly how big of a lie I was telling her at that point. she knew i used to use, but probably thought i was clean that day.....and they left all those things on me. like 6 of em. i took em off myself except that one
7/8/15 12:49 AM
1/1/01
I'm glad I don't like pills Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 12:55 AM
4/14/12
PhillyFights -
OGT - 
PhillyFights -
OGT - 

i forget exactly how big of a lie I was telling her at that point. she knew i used to use, but probably thought i was clean that day.....and they left all those things on me. like 6 of em. i took em off myself except that one
It should have been 3, 4, or 12 leads, I personally always remove them but it's not a requirement.

Did you shoot or snort? I'd imagine she would have seen some tract marks if you were shooting unless you had a inconspicuous spot. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 12:59 AM
11/18/09
shot up...if you use fresh needles and know how to inject you can greatly reduce track marks, as im sure you know. then id try to do it in places like the back of my forearms or my bicep vein. if you use nothing but fresh needles, do it right and constantly move your injection spot around you can hide it for a real long time
7/8/15 1:00 AM
11/18/09
but yeah, she still saw em
7/8/15 1:09 AM
1/1/01
Onikage - I thought only dregs and movie characters did smack. Then several of my friends got addicted straight out of high school. Weird. Phone Post 3.0

this wasnt the case for me either..growing up all i saw were inner city folks using heroin but when i stated using it, it was nothing but middle and upper class kids using it..i was surprised at how many upper class people were using it but then again, the stuff gets expensive fast so you have to have a good deal of money to keep the habit up..
7/8/15 1:09 AM
4/14/12
PhillyFights - shot up...if you use fresh needles and know how to inject you can greatly reduce track marks, as im sure you know. then id try to do it in places like the back of my forearms or my bicep vein. if you use nothing but fresh needles, do it right and constantly move your injection spot around you can hide it for a real long time
I actually did not know that. We don't really go over how to hide IV sites because we don't have a need to. Most of the addicts I come across have hundreds of marks all up and down the arms, like every millimeter on their good (or formerly good) veins. The scar tissue is pretty ridiculous.

Good to know though, I don't get to have too many productive convos with users/former users. I just assumed the ones keeping people in the dark just had good go to sites that weren't obvious. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 1:21 AM
11/18/09
OGT - 
PhillyFights - shot up...if you use fresh needles and know how to inject you can greatly reduce track marks, as im sure you know. then id try to do it in places like the back of my forearms or my bicep vein. if you use nothing but fresh needles, do it right and constantly move your injection spot around you can hide it for a real long time
I actually did not know that. We don't really go over how to hide IV sites because we don't have a need to. Most of the addicts I come across have hundreds of marks all up and down the arms, like every millimeter on their good (or formerly good) veins. The scar tissue is pretty ridiculous.

Good to know though, I don't get to have too many productive convos with users/former users. I just assumed the ones keeping people in the dark just had good go to sites that weren't obvious. Phone Post 3.0

well theres dudes who are otherwise productive citizens, have jobs, girlfriends...and want to hide it. They spend the money on fresh needles and go out of their way to hide it and be clean.

and theres dudes who are running the streets, dont give a fuck who knows they'e a junkie,so they go in the easiest but most visible veins to hit over and over and have used the same needle from the needle exchange (which are bigger) the last 20 times they hit.

Ive been both dudes. Sometimes it feel like poking yourself with a rusty spoon. actually makes noises as it goes in.

Also, some people just have shitty veins or dont know how to do it properly
7/8/15 1:38 AM
4/14/12
PhillyFights -
OGT - 

well theres dudes who are otherwise productive citizens, have jobs, girlfriends...and want to hide it. They spend the money on fresh needles and go out of their way to hide it and be clean.

and theres dudes who are running the streets, dont give a fuck who knows they'e a junkie,so they go in the easiest but most visible veins to hit over and over and have used the same needle from the needle exchange (which are bigger) the last 20 times they hit.

Ive been both dudes. Sometimes it feel like poking yourself with a rusty spoon. actually makes noises as it goes in.

Also, some people just have shitty veins or dont know how to do it properly
Lol I cringed when you said it made a noise, fuck that.

Well I guess you learn something everyday. I knew choosing/rotating different sites would be a better disguise but didn't know about the whole fresh vs used needle difference. That makes a lot of sense. I guess I'm ignorant to that because I've only used fresh needles on people and I don't stick the same people repeatedly.

I voted you up a little bit ago, it's cool talking to someone level headed who's been on the other side. I hope you are clean now brother. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 2:00 AM
11/18/09
Actually am clean at the moment. Had to literally get on a train in the middle of the night cause people were dying in order to make it happen, but I'm clean. Left philly about a month ago. It was one of those real crossroad moments. Shit got real. Wrote about it on here. One of the final straws was getting stuck up in broad daylight. Got tired of the shit even tho I had like an endless supply. Was more than just the drugs, it was the whole lifestyle. Just had to get out. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 2:08 AM
4/14/12
PhillyFights - Actually am clean at the moment. Had to literally get on a train in the middle of the night cause people were dying in order to make it happen, but I'm clean. Left philly about a month ago. It was one of those real crossroad moments. Shit got real. Wrote about it on here. One of the final straws was getting stuck up in broad daylight. Got tired of the shit even tho I had like an endless supply. Was more than just the drugs, it was the whole lifestyle. Just had to get out. Phone Post 3.0
Good for you man. I can't even imagine what it's like to drop a habit like that. I hope you can maintain your new life. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 2:53 AM
9/19/05

Recovering heroin addict here. Yup, shit is crazy. Everyones doing it now, its not even that big of a deal anymore and rehabs feel like going back to high school.

7/8/15 3:24 AM
11/18/09
Too Rude -

Recovering heroin addict here. Yup, shit is crazy. Everyones doing it now, its not even that big of a deal anymore and rehabs feel like going back to high school.

Rehabs and jail both. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 7:28 AM
7/10/10
. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 7:46 AM
10/25/12
Eugenics at work in my opinion Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 8:07 AM
3/5/03
Ghengiseanie - Thanks Bush. His war in Afghanistan Imade this possible. Phone Post 3.0

Nope, Obama's refusal to take border security with mexico is more to blame than Bush.

Heroin surpasses Marijuana in Mexico's drug production

In the last four years the production of heroin in Mexico has surpassed marijuana.

Marijuana entities have given way to the poppy, the precursor opium gum and heroin, a more addictive drug and yielding higher profits for Mexican organized crime groups trafficking into the United States.

In the United States about 28 grams of marijuana cost about 400 dollars, one gram of heroin would be worth $ 225, according to the U.N. World Drug Report 2014. (I elected to publish different figures than the article and in checking with UNDR they also have the price published differently than Reforma )

In Chihuahua, Guerrero, Jalisco, Durango, Sinaloa and Oaxaca states leading producers of marijuana, the army located between 2007 and 2010 a total of 432, 561 of marijuana fields.

For 2011-2014, that number dropped by 56 percent with the discovery of 187,056 crops by soldiers.

Official data of the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA) indicate that the location of poppy crops phenomenon replaced the marijuana plantations. Between 2007 and 2010, the Army reported 272,459 discoveries of poppy crops in those six states. But for the period 2011-2014 the military began to find their land tours and reconnaissance flights over poppy fields, a total of 427, 229 plantations, an increase 56 percent to the previous period.

United States has suffered from this reversal of production. Between 2007 and 2013, the number of heroin addicts almost doubled, going from 161k users to 289 000, according to the agency Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA, its acronym in English) and released in May by the DEA.

The alert was also reflected in deaths from heroin overdoses. Data from the Centers for Disease Control in the United States established that deaths from drug use increased from the 200,402 deaths in 2007 to 800,260 deaths in 2014.

"The DEA is targeting cartels producing and trafficking heroin in the EU." said the administrator of the Drug Enforcement Chuck Rosenberg in a statement while releasing the May 22 report.

Even though Guerrero remains first in greatest poppy production, Chihuahua has increased the most, tripling its crops in the past four years.
7/8/15 8:10 AM
11/26/13
lurking_thee_lurker14 - Not surprised. Noticed a spike in heroin use once they discontinued oc oxys and put out those OP oxys that were nearly impossible to snort or shoot or smoke. Time released over a period of 12 hrs and shit. At the same time heroin got a lot cheaper and seemed a whole lot easier to get

Thats why you should just try "cold water extraction" bruh (JK don't!)
7/8/15 8:11 AM
11/26/13
Best buddy had open heart surgery. Got hooked on the pain pills. Died of a heroin overdose.

For a while he lived in a state that had lax laws against pill mill "Pain Clinics" (basically crooked doctor sets up shop in a minimall and prescribes pills to anybody for anything). That may be part of the problem.

People still need to be accountable for their own actions.
7/8/15 8:27 AM
1/12/10
I love vicodin.

But i have never have a roxy, and im afraid of needles. That is the reason i havent gotten hooked on H.

SOOO many people from my high school are either dying or are junkies. I got the fuck out of Dallas, GA cuz it is a shit hole that does nothing but produce addicts. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 9:04 AM
3/5/03
Ghengiseanie - 
Hired Gun -
Ghengiseanie - Thanks Bush. His war in Afghanistan Imade this possible. Phone Post 3.0

Nope, Obama's refusal to take border security with mexico is more to blame than Bush.

Heroin surpasses Marijuana in Mexico's drug production

In the last four years the production of heroin in Mexico has surpassed marijuana.

Marijuana entities have given way to the poppy, the precursor opium gum and heroin, a more addictive drug and yielding higher profits for Mexican organized crime groups trafficking into the United States.

In the United States about 28 grams of marijuana cost about 400 dollars, one gram of heroin would be worth $ 225, according to the U.N. World Drug Report 2014. (I elected to publish different figures than the article and in checking with UNDR they also have the price published differently than Reforma )

In Chihuahua, Guerrero, Jalisco, Durango, Sinaloa and Oaxaca states leading producers of marijuana, the army located between 2007 and 2010 a total of 432, 561 of marijuana fields.

For 2011-2014, that number dropped by 56 percent with the discovery of 187,056 crops by soldiers.

Official data of the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA) indicate that the location of poppy crops phenomenon replaced the marijuana plantations. Between 2007 and 2010, the Army reported 272,459 discoveries of poppy crops in those six states. But for the period 2011-2014 the military began to find their land tours and reconnaissance flights over poppy fields, a total of 427, 229 plantations, an increase 56 percent to the previous period.

United States has suffered from this reversal of production. Between 2007 and 2013, the number of heroin addicts almost doubled, going from 161k users to 289 000, according to the agency Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA, its acronym in English) and released in May by the DEA.

The alert was also reflected in deaths from heroin overdoses. Data from the Centers for Disease Control in the United States established that deaths from drug use increased from the 200,402 deaths in 2007 to 800,260 deaths in 2014.

"The DEA is targeting cartels producing and trafficking heroin in the EU." said the administrator of the Drug Enforcement Chuck Rosenberg in a statement while releasing the May 22 report.

Even though Guerrero remains first in greatest poppy production, Chihuahua has increased the most, tripling its crops in the past four years.
So the decriminalisation of marihuana has made it less profitable and thus taken away the cartels power I that sphere. Maybe state owned prescription of narcotics is the way forward then. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know but I do know you and people like you can stop blaming Bush for the current administrations mistakes.
7/8/15 11:16 AM
11/18/09
How bout blaming the pharmaceutical industry? Purdue actually said that OCs were not habit forming among a ton of other lies. They also marketed to Drs with a history of overprescribing intentionally. Tons of shady shit. Then they (not Purdue) invent suboxone and vivitrol and make money on the back end of your addiction. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 11:27 AM
3/5/03
I am all for cracking down on Prescription Drug pushers. Some of these Dr's are legalized drug dealers. I give two shits about big brother on this one, every prescription you are issued should be put in a database that every pharmacy sees to weed out people going to several Dr's seeking scripts.

Dr's that abuse the system should lose their license and do the same amount of time in prison as a crack dealer arrested off a street corner.
7/8/15 11:47 AM
10/24/11
Its exploded out here in NJ, its everywhere. It was bad 15 years ago and I got fucked up on it and cleaned up but its worse now.

pills tool over then dope got real cheap and its got everyone.

My brother lost his fight May 29th, died from an OD. One of his best friends died last week. About 5 others I knew died in last 2 to 3 months from it.

Looks like what caused my brother to die was it was a hot bag with that fentanol shit or whatever its called.

RIP Mike.