OtherGround Forums Heroin use explodes...

7/8/15 4:10 PM
4/14/12
On my way to my second OD call today... Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:13 PM
8/15/14

@OGT   I take care of a lot of Heroin, opiate ODs as well..   a lot don't make it to hospital.  I've lost 6 relatives to OD too.  very sad stuff

7/8/15 4:14 PM
4/5/11
My cousins friend is a cop and whenever they are about to give some narcan he stands over them to knock em out after they wake back up because they get so violent. "you ruined my high man wtf" Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:17 PM
12/20/05
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

WHO CARES.........IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHIT...........THEN DIE ...........FAGGOTS..............

So if you woke up from a 3 week coma from a car wreck and your body is already addicted, do you know how you'd handle it?
No one wants to be an addict. Some people have a predisposition for addiction. It crosses through all races and socioeconomic divides. I've seen bums sitting next to guys in Armani suits. People who've seen the worst in human nature and have willpower beyond your comprehension who've succumbed to this.
You obviously have never been affected by addiction, whether it be family or friend. If you had you'd see clear as day it has NOTHING to do with willpower. Phone Post 3.0

I WANT YOU TO STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW..........REREAD WHAT YOU JUST WROTE........THEN SHOVE A BROOMSTICK UP YOUR GAPING VOLCANO SIZED VAGINA..............YOU HUGE GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.............

7/8/15 4:18 PM
9/30/09
PhillyFights - Actually am clean at the moment. Had to literally get on a train in the middle of the night cause people were dying in order to make it happen, but I'm clean. Left philly about a month ago. It was one of those real crossroad moments. Shit got real. Wrote about it on here. One of the final straws was getting stuck up in broad daylight. Got tired of the shit even tho I had like an endless supply. Was more than just the drugs, it was the whole lifestyle. Just had to get out. Phone Post 3.0
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Great to hear you're clean friend. Do you need any help finding a rehab or a clinic? I have people that owe me favors all over the northeast.
I personally got clean on a methadone clinic. People give it a bad wrap. But if you do it properly it works great. You MUST do the counseling with it. The counseling is even more important than the methadone. I try to explain to people that 2 week detoxification sate like jumping off a bridge for a lot of people. While methadone is like taking a staircase, and you slowly taper down. Now I'm doing counseling. I wouldn't have believed that shit a few years ago.
Hang in there. You need anything just post. Or pm me. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:20 PM
4/14/12
Asheville MMA -

@OGT   I take care of a lot of Heroin, opiate ODs as well..   a lot don't make it to hospital.  I've lost 6 relatives to OD too.  very sad stuff

Sorry to hear that man, very rough. I've only had a handful die on me but they were all dead on scene basically.

Just got disregarded on that last one. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:21 PM
7/10/10
viorage - 
charms434 - I'm a recovering painkiller than heroin addict, who now works as a substance abuse counselor. I lost my 18th friend yesterday from an overdose. I have a lot of info if anyone has any questions...

As far as big Pharma goes. No one is more responsible than Purdue Pharma, the maker of Oxycontin. When Oxycontin was initially released they already had an anti abuse chemical that they chose not to add to the pill. A lot of the original advertisements in medical journals actually claimed it was "less addictive" and outside the U.S. their are ads that literally say "non-addictive. Purdue would have lavish parties where doctors who filled their "quota" were invited too. They also had cruises (or as they called the "education seminar boats") for those who exceeded their prescription quota.
Purdue was fully aware of how their pills were being abused and their were employees quitting as early as 1999. It should be remembered that OxyContin is a semi-synthetic opioid and therefore Purdue is in constant need of vast amounts of raw opium. There is a great Fox or MSNBC short on YouTube of US soldiers having to guard acres of poppy fields.
One of the darkest days was when Purdue finally added the anti-abuse feature to their OxyContin formula, this was graduation day for millions of painkiller addicts who turned immediately to heroin. Interestingly enough they added the anti-abuse formula right before their exclusive patent on Oxy was about to expire, because of the change of formula they were able to keep it.
All of this can be found quite easily on the net.
Again I work in the substance abuse field and I am in recovery from heroin abuse myself. If you have any questions I'm more than willing to help out. Phone Post 3.0
Trying to quit a mild opiate, tramadol. It's a bitch, the anxiety kills me. Trying to ween myself is going pretty well though. The shaking, pissing, shitting, nervousness along with no sleep sucks.

Any tips? Phone Post 3.0

Look up "Kratom" my friend. It's a legal godsend I hear and kills the WD's as well as an opiate-like high. Anyone looking to get off suboxone, opiates needs to give this a try.

The "Red Vein Borneo" from Herbal Salvation is the most "opaite-like" from what I've read. They ship the same day, and like I said, purely legal in most states.
7/8/15 4:23 PM
9/30/09
BIGWHITESEXY -
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

WHO CARES.........IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHIT...........THEN DIE ...........FAGGOTS..............

So if you woke up from a 3 week coma from a car wreck and your body is already addicted, do you know how you'd handle it?
No one wants to be an addict. Some people have a predisposition for addiction. It crosses through all races and socioeconomic divides. I've seen bums sitting next to guys in Armani suits. People who've seen the worst in human nature and have willpower beyond your comprehension who've succumbed to this.
You obviously have never been affected by addiction, whether it be family or friend. If you had you'd see clear as day it has NOTHING to do with willpower. Phone Post 3.0

I WANT YOU TO STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW..........REREAD WHAT YOU JUST WROTE........THEN SHOVE A BROOMSTICK UP YOUR GAPING VOLCANO SIZED VAGINA..............YOU HUGE GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.............

That's cool bro. This is a pretty serious topic. 15 year old kids are being buried daily. I did heroin. Now I work as a counselor. I like to think I've made atonement with my sins and now instead of being a drain on society I choose to give.
I also work with people with other mental illnesses (though I'm still in school for that). But I'm putting in my time taking calls, helping others. If you ever need help with whatever makes you troll a thread that is of such a serious nature, you let me know. I wish you all the best. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:27 PM
9/30/09
sanguine cynic -
PhillyFights - 
sanguine cynic - 1.How good is the feeling you get from Heroin..really?

2.Is the line from Trainspotting "1000 orgasms all over your body" really accurate?

3. If I don't like vicodin's would I not like Heroin?

1. the best hits you do feel better than an orgasm, but its so much more than that. feels like all your problems just disappeared (ironic)

2. yes

3. pretty much the same feeling at the end up the day if we're talking snorting dope. the needle is a whole different ballgame. but yes, you would eventually like it even if you didnt at first. most people get sick as shit when the first do it, but if you go back enough times it'll get ya.

Is there any chance you could get anxious and panic while on it? Like holy shit, what If I took too much? I might die! Do those thoughts ever run through your head?

I'm very tempted to try it. But I would be nervous as fuck. I don't have an addictive personality at all. I've been able to try cocaine,cigs, smoked opium, pills, all of it a few times and walk away with no desire for more. But the thought of OD'ing is terrifying.

How is it compared to smoking opium by the way? I liked it , but it wasn't amazing to me or anything. Vicodin's as I said, I never liked. Made me kind of nauseous and mentally unable to concentrate on anything.
When it comes to opiates you're dealing with physical addiction. It doesn't matter if you have an addictive personality or not. Stay the fuck away from it. It's a deal with the devil Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:34 PM
9/30/09
viorage -
charms434 - I'm a recovering painkiller than heroin addict, who now works as a substance abuse counselor. I lost my 18th friend yesterday from an overdose. I have a lot of info if anyone has any questions...

As far as big Pharma goes. No one is more responsible than Purdue Pharma, the maker of Oxycontin. When Oxycontin was initially released they already had an anti abuse chemical that they chose not to add to the pill. A lot of the original advertisements in medical journals actually claimed it was "less addictive" and outside the U.S. their are ads that literally say "non-addictive. Purdue would have lavish parties where doctors who filled their "quota" were invited too. They also had cruises (or as they called the "education seminar boats") for those who exceeded their prescription quota.
Purdue was fully aware of how their pills were being abused and their were employees quitting as early as 1999. It should be remembered that OxyContin is a semi-synthetic opioid and therefore Purdue is in constant need of vast amounts of raw opium. There is a great Fox or MSNBC short on YouTube of US soldiers having to guard acres of poppy fields.
One of the darkest days was when Purdue finally added the anti-abuse feature to their OxyContin formula, this was graduation day for millions of painkiller addicts who turned immediately to heroin. Interestingly enough they added the anti-abuse formula right before their exclusive patent on Oxy was about to expire, because of the change of formula they were able to keep it.
Again I work in the substance abuse field and I am in recovery from heroin abuse myself. If you have any questions I'm more than willing to help out. Phone Post 3.0
Trying to quit a mild opiate, tramadol. It's a bitch, the anxiety kills me. Trying to ween myself is going pretty well though. The shaking, pissing, shitting, nervousness along with no sleep sucks.

Any tips? Phone Post 3.0
Tramadol is an interesting subject. It's comparable to codeine but it inhibits the reputable of serotonin. And can cause serotonin syndrome in some cases. This is where your anxiety issues probably start.
Are you prescribed by a doctor? How much are you taking? If it is given by a doctor have you explained your issues.
If it is prescribed, I'd bring it up to your doctor immediately. And work on lowering your dose in very small increments ON YOUR TIMETABLE, don't let anyone rush you. You should also be prescribed a mild non narcotic sedative to alleviate the anxiety.
If you are getting it off the street. I recommend going to a hospital that also has a detox unit. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:37 PM
6/15/07
Right after the war in Afghanistan started. What a coincidence. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 4:41 PM
12/20/05
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

That's cool bro. This is a pretty serious topic. 15 year old kids are being buried daily. I did heroin. Now I work as a counselor. I like to think I've made atonement with my sins and now instead of being a drain on society I choose to give.
I also work with people with other mental illnesses (though I'm still in school for that). But I'm putting in my time taking calls, helping others. If you ever need help with whatever makes you troll a thread that is of such a serious nature, you let me know. I wish you all the best. Phone Post 3.0

SO YOU'RE SAYING YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOVE A STICK UP YOUR FLAPPY OLD STANK PUDDLE?   

BTW I AM NOT TROLLING ANYTHING........I AM MAKING IT VERY OBVIOUS THAT I AM JOKING..........

I CAN SEE THIS TOPIC IS VERY SERIOUS TO YOU........SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY SERIOUS ANSWER SINCE YOU WANT TO BE ALL CEREAL ABOUT IT...........WE AS A SOCIETY HAVE PICKED UP THE SHITTY HABIT OF WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO...........AS LONG AS THEY FUCK THEIR OWN LIFE UP WITHOUT AFFECTING THE REST OF US............WHO CARES...........JUST MY TWO CENTS........

7/8/15 4:47 PM
1/1/01

Coke is fucking dead as dead, heroin is coming back in a big way.
7/8/15 4:49 PM
9/30/09
Mihow - 'As far as big Pharma goes. No one is more responsible than Purdue Pharma, the maker of Oxycontin.'

You say this nonsense and you quoted the asshole above you that wants to try heroin.

Think about it.

And people with 'pain' who become junkies are the worst. Phone Post 3.0
There are many doors to the house of addiction. And the person isn't an asshole they simply haven't seen the damage of heroin/opiates close up.
Evils fester in the dark, but die in the light of exposure.
Education is the most important light we have right now against future opiate addiction. And it's real education. Not DARE. My DARE cop told us we could die from pot. I'm 31 so this wasn't even that long ago. We need to give teens hard hitting facts. Yes heroin feels fantastic. So doesn't sex with a chick who's a 10 but had herpes. They need to hear about the hell they're about to enter. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 5:00 PM
9/30/09
BIGWHITESEXY -
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -
charms434 - 
BIGWHITESEXY -

SO YOU'RE SAYING YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOVE A STICK UP YOUR FLAPPY OLD STANK PUDDLE?   

BTW I AM NOT TROLLING ANYTHING........I AM MAKING IT VERY OBVIOUS THAT I AM JOKING..........

I CAN SEE THIS TOPIC IS VERY SERIOUS TO YOU........SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY SERIOUS ANSWER SINCE YOU WANT TO BE ALL CEREAL ABOUT IT...........WE AS A SOCIETY HAVE PICKED UP THE SHITTY HABIT OF WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO...........AS LONG AS THEY FUCK THEIR OWN LIFE UP WITHOUT AFFECTING THE REST OF US............WHO CARES...........JUST MY TWO CENTS........

That would be fine, if someone could treat heroin like they treat alcohol. Have a shot on the weekend. Unfortunately that's not how it works. It really doesn't, I'm just telling you from my experience. All heroin addicts become slaves to heroin, completely. Mind body and soul. If it just affected the user from a libertarian stand point I can see where you're coming from. But it doesn't. It destroys everything around the addict like a tornado.
90% of addicts are good people. Court McGee has the willpower to train and the skill to be able to fight in the UFC. But he was destroyed by heroin. And we could go on for days about sober musicians and actors.
But it's children now. Dumb 15 year olds. They talk about Percs like we talked about beer. It's not taboo at all for them. I've seen mothers having to pull the plug on 16 year olds, who a year earlier were on the high school baseball team.
It's hit the point where it's an epidemic now. Shit has hit the fan. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 5:04 PM
12/20/05

HEY MAN MORE POWER TO YOU FOR EDUCATING OUR YOUTH.  IF THATS WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY WHO AM I TO TELL YOU DIFFERENT.  

7/8/15 5:18 PM
11/1/10
Where you at now Philly? Now that I know you left, I'm gonna split your wig if I get flashed an OG sign in North Philly and there's heroin around. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 5:22 PM
11/1/10
Beating addiction is actually ALL about willpower. I didn't read all of your posts, charms, but to say it's not about willpower is just... wrong. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 5:43 PM
10/24/11
kicking it was tough, you have to change everything about you.

I had to leave every single friend I had, everyone, every girl I fucked with, all of them.

I started from scratch and it was tough leaving everyone i knew but you have to do it.

You cant be the same person.

My brother for example really thought or hoped he could be clean but still be the same person, work with same people who were junkies doing tree work and fuck the same girls and be friends with same people.

He couldnt go from being well liked and popular and known by basically everyone in Toms River to speaking to nobody, getting a new job etc.

But you have to do it to stay clean.

rehab people told me you cant do it for other people you have to do it for yourself but thats not true.

I did it for my mother, not myself. I saw my death and what my mother would go through 13 years ago, I saw exactly what she went through a month ago when my brother died. I wasnt gonna put her through that, I had enough of hurting her so I stopped.

Not that my brother didnt love my mother or want to stop for her he just didnt think it would happen to him. Truth is he didnt have the strength to do it, I do. i quit dope, I quit cigarettes cold turkey after 22 years and havent looked back.
7/8/15 5:44 PM
11/18/09
charms434 - I'm a recovering painkiller than heroin addict, who now works as a substance abuse counselor. I lost my 18th friend yesterday from an overdose. I have a lot of info if anyone has any questions...

yup...all true... it think theres a documentray about it.
Was just like the old tobacco lawsuits where the said it wasnt addictive while supressing all the evidence to the contrary.
7/8/15 6:00 PM
11/18/09
charms434 - 
PhillyFights - Actually am clean at the moment. Had to literally get on a train in the middle of the night cause people were dying in order to make it happen, but I'm clean. Left philly about a month ago. It was one of those real crossroad moments. Shit got real. Wrote about it on here. One of the final straws was getting stuck up in broad daylight. Got tired of the shit even tho I had like an endless supply. Was more than just the drugs, it was the whole lifestyle. Just had to get out. Phone Post 3.0
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Great to hear you're clean friend. Do you need any help finding a rehab or a clinic? I have people that owe me favors all over the northeast.
I personally got clean on a methadone clinic. People give it a bad wrap. But if you do it properly it works great. You MUST do the counseling with it. The counseling is even more important than the methadone. I try to explain to people that 2 week detoxification sate like jumping off a bridge for a lot of people. While methadone is like taking a staircase, and you slowly taper down. Now I'm doing counseling. I wouldn't have believed that shit a few years ago.
Hang in there. You need anything just post. Or pm me. Phone Post 3.0

thanks bro...I made an escape from Philly to Boston and brought a couple subs to help.....after a day or two i felt pretty normal,. Almost outta subs, but I was taking so little that coming off wont be too bad I hope. I ve kicked all these things numerous times in jail cold turkey. After doin that, WD is a lot less scary and there is some mind over matter involved. in the month ive been here I havent even thought about going to cop, ever tho my town is one of the biggest Heroin spots in Mass (New Bedford)....I got off subs years ago after being on them for years. But once I got off, I couldnt stop relapsing on Heroin. Seriously considering going back to a doc. Yes I hated having to tkae something every day, you arent really clean on them, but all thats better than whats been happened since i stopped taking them
7/8/15 6:02 PM
11/18/09
torubu - Where you at now Philly? Now that I know you left, I'm gonna split your wig if I get flashed an OG sign in North Philly and there's heroin around. Phone Post 3.0

New Bedford Mass.... its all over here but ive managed to avoid looking...when I havbe more time ill explain whatmade me leave in the other thread
7/8/15 6:33 PM
11/24/10
John Dougherty - When states started cracking down on painkillers addicts just switched to real smack. Should have seen that coming Phone Post 3.0
Yep.

It's safer to have people on Oxy than scoring smack.

Every town that pats themselves on the back for shutting a pill mill only opened up a market for dealers.

Sure, Rite Aid can refuse to fill a prescription and a Doctor can cut you off.

Dealers?

They won't stop you from copping.

The harder you crack down on pain pills the more leverage you give the Mexican cartels and inner city gangs. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 6:36 PM
4/14/12
BanjaCop -
OGT - As someone in EMS, we are pushing Naloxone (narcan) (reverses opiate effects) more than ever, and having to give bigger doses than ever.

Heroin is getting cheaper, more potent, more plentiful, and easier to obtain than ever before. Rarely is there a day where we don't get an OD call.

It's getting out of hand to say the least. Phone Post 3.0
Whereabouts? Phone Post 3.0
St.Louis area Phone Post 3.0
7/8/15 6:46 PM
9/30/09
Mihow - 'Think of the children'

'Epidemic'

'Shit has hit the fan'

No ones buying what you're selling. Junkies are junkies. Not like I even disagree with you. Educate correctly but don't fear monger. Teens have been doing hard drugs forever. Phone Post 3.0
Are you serious. Hit Google right now and come back to me. Heroin/opiate use is at an all time high. Not even a little higher than usual, shits completely hit the fan. Phone Post 3.0