OtherGround Forums Hezbollah getting precision guided missiles:Uh Oh

8/31/19 11:30 PM
6/13/09
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

Of all the bits of land to steal who on earth though this would be a good idea...

Image result for religion map islam

I'm not sure steal is the appropriate word. The UN gave Israel the right to exist as a state. The UN also offered the Arabs (Pals) half the land for their own state. They refused the offer (which most of them now regret) and instead tried to wipe Israel out.with the help of all the surrounding Arab countries, . The outcome is well-known.

But that is such a completely different topic, I don't want to get into it.

It's a WHOLE different can of worms than the alarming shit that's taking place today.

People were, and still are being, forcibly removed from their land and homes which was then given to others. If that is not stealing I don't know what is.  

Well, when you figure out how to deal with an implacable population of people who are dedicated to your extermination and love using violence to reach that goal,,, well, you just let me know, OK? 

In the meantime, I'm starting to see what your real beliefs are. 

I'd prefer it if you woudn't try to highjack the thread and turn it into a platform for your anti-Israel views not related to the subject of the thread..Thanks

What you don't do is steal peoples land, you can try an dress it up all you like but that is EXACTLY what it was. Furthermore, if you are not going to try to understand the roots of the issue how on earth do you ever expect to end it?

Pop quiz question for you, what city do the State of Palestine consider to be their capital city? This is literally like the UN kicking the Americans out of, and moving the jews into, DC. Then wondering why Americans are pissed off. 

Like I said before that ship has sailed and now there is no changing that, but you have to at least understand the very real and valid grievances that Palestine has here and look for a real solution; unless you are happy with the lets just nuke everyone approach. There needs a be a situation like Northern Ireland, free movement, duel nationalities, no boarders etc. Its the only way this can work in the long term. 

Yup. My intuition about you was correct. Acting dumb, then derailing the thread very cleverly.

Just fyi I never said the Palestinians did not have any legitimate grievances

Look man. I've been over these subjects with a million Jew haters like you. Ask lionsoul or any old timer. I can prove you wrong, but it's not worth the time. And people like you never change anyway. I have no intention of wasting my time on it now. especially with a guy who has already demonstrated what an asshole he is.

Edited: 8/31/19 11:32 PM
12/28/04
blood fist - 

Yup. My intuition about you was correct. Acting dumb, then derailing the thread very cleverly.

Look man. I've been over these subjects with a million Jew haters like you. Ask lionsoul or any old timer. I can prove you wrong, but it's not worth the time. And people like you never change anyway. I have no intention of wasting my time on it now. especially with a guy who has already demonstrated what an asshole he is.

What exactly did I say that has made you so mad? I don't hate anyone, including jews. I guess the real issue is I don't hate muslims either?

Edited: 8/31/19 11:58 PM
6/13/09

I'll get back to you tomorrow. Perhaps I overreacted a bit I'll have to read it in the morning.

It just seemed like you were not being very honest on the thread, and were trying to twist it to a different subject so you could have a platform for your biased IMO views.

I had wanted to discuss the current missile Crisis going on with other posters. And you kept clogging up the thread with intentionally obtuse posts.

Fuck it. Say what you want. Do what you want. I'm stoned and I'm going to sleep.

9/1/19 9:34 AM
6/13/09

For anyone who thinks the Iranian/Hezbollah guided missile threat is a joke, or perhaps just the subject of one hysterical article. Please watch the following video very closely.

9/1/19 9:41 AM
6/13/09

FWIW, I was in Israel while rockets were coming in. I was staying in Ashdod with a friend. It was 2 in the morning and the sirens went off. I was on the 6th floor of an apartment building, so there was no bomb shelter. We had to huddle in the stairwell and hope for the best.

The explosions were loud, but seemed a safe distance away. Certain houses and structures were destroyed in Ashdod. I saw them myself.

When I was waiting in the stairwell during the bomb attack, the one thing that gave me comfort was the knowedge that the missiles were not guided. It would take bad luck to get hit.

But when Hezbollah/Iran  get their GPS guided precision missiles all that will change.

Edited: 9/1/19 10:02 AM
6/13/09
blood fist - 

What exactly did I say that has made you so mad? I don't hate anyone, including jews. I guess the real issue is I don't hate muslims either?

Like I said, you tried to hijack the thread to advance your agenda which had nothing to do with the thread.

I didn't start the thread to argue with someone like you over what happened in 1948, or about all the "bad" things Israel has done in your unexpert opinion.

I've been in a million threads like that. I know my facts,but I'm so sick of those threads. Israel stole this, the Pals did this, so and so broke this treaty, so and exploded a bus,...blah blah blah

I don't hate anyone either. The Pals have had a rough go. I have sympathy for them. But you know who REALLY betrayed them? Their own leaders. The PLO and Hamas leaders have turned down peace offers by the Israelis that would have put them in a much much better place than they are now. The leaders also enriched themselves greatly with money which was supposed to go to the people. When Yasser Arafat, the Father of Modern terrorism died, he was one of the richest men in that part of the middle east.

I was trying to focus on the issue of the upgrading of Hezbollah missiles and get feedback from the forum re/ the threat to Israel. It seemed like in the beginning your were doing your very best to fuck up the thread by acting retarded and post bombing the thread with stupidity. Now suddenly you're not retarded and want to discuss your agenda some more.

It's not cool man. I'll try to remember your name so I can fuck up your next thread. Or better yet, I will try to forget your name,,,which won't be hard when the thread is over. 

Guys like you are a dime a dozen around here. I've also fucked guys like you in prison...not really.

9/1/19 10:00 AM
12/28/04
blood fist - 

I'll get back to you tomorrow. Perhaps I overreacted a bit I'll have to read it in the morning.

It just seemed like you were not being very honest on the thread, and were trying to twist it to a different subject so you could have a platform for your biased IMO views.

I had wanted to discuss the current missile Crisis going on with other posters. And you kept clogging up the thread with intentionally obtuse posts.

Fuck it. Say what you want. Do what you want. I'm stoned and I'm going to sleep.

I didn't say anything dishonest. Nor did I insult you, or call you names. Not that I give a shit about that, just highlighting the difference in attitude. 

I also do agree that if hamas etc were to get guided missles then it would be problematic to say the least, and its going to mean trouble in the region. The ONLY thing I took issue with is that I do not think a nuclear response is reasonable.  

Edited: 9/1/19 10:06 AM
12/28/04
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

Like I said, you tried to hijack the thread to advance your agenda which had nothing to do with the thread.

I didn't start the thread to argue with someone like you over what happened in 1948, or about all the "bad" things Israel has done in your unexpert opinion.

I've been in a million threads like that. I know my facts,but I'm so sick of those threads. Israel stole this, the Pals did this, so and so broke this treaty, so and exploded a bus,...blah blah blah

I don't hate anyone either. The Pals have had a rough go. I have sympathy for them. But you know who REALLY betrayed them? Their own leaders. The PLO and Hamas leaders have turned down peace offers by the Israelis that would have put them in a much much better place than they are now. The leaders also enriched themselves greatly with money which was supposed to go to the people. When Yasser Arafat, the Father of Modern terrorism died, he was one of the richest men in that part of the middle east.

I was trying to focus on the issue of the upgrading of Hezbollah missiles and get feedback from the forum re/ the threat to Israel. It seemed like in the beginning your were doing your very best to fuck up the thread by acting retarded and post bombing the thread with stupidity. Now suddenly you're not retarded and want to discuss your agenda some more.

It's not cool man. I'll try to remember your name so I can fuck up your next thread. Or better yet, I will try to forget your name,,,which won't be hard when the thread is over. 

Guys like you are a dime a dozen around here. I've also fucked guys like you in prison...not really.

You can post whatever the hell you link in any thread of mine, its a public message board ffs. People reply to the posts they are interested in and ignore the ones they are not. 

But I didn't say anything to hijack the thread, we were discussing appropriate responses (and YOU were the one who took the thread in that direction, not me). In order to do so then we MUST consider the roots off the issue as they have a MASSIVE impact on appropriate responses. Im sorry to break this to you but if you can't understand that then you are the "stupid" one.

9/1/19 10:12 AM
6/13/09
blood fist - 

I didn't say anything dishonest. Nor did I insult you, or call you names. Not that I give a shit about that, just highlighting the difference in attitude. 

I also do agree that if hamas etc were to get guided missles then it would be problematic to say the least, and its going to mean trouble in the region. The ONLY thing I took issue with is that I do not think a nuclear response is reasonable.  

OK. I can respect that post ^

It's reasonable and topical. But why were you acting like a retard and trying to fuck up the thread before?

Re/ nuclear weapons: obviously I am against the use of them. But what is a country supposed to do when precision guided missiles are scoring direct hits on structures, cities, people, if it has no other way to stop the onslaught?

Just sit there and absorb the guided missiles and watch the country being destroyed.

The Israelis don't do things that way. I still hope the whole matter can be settled in a peaceful or at least a non-nuke way, but it seems the Iranians are determined to deploy these missiles. Check out the video I just posted.

The Israelis will react. Or possibly pre-act.  I guarantee that.

Edited: 9/1/19 10:17 AM
12/28/04
blood fist - 

But what is a country supposed to do when precision guided missiles are scoring direct hits on structures, cities, people, if it has no other way to stop the onslaught?

Just sit there and absorb the guided missiles and watch the country being destroyed.

Anything but nukes. As you have said if we start nuking each other that could lead to a chain reaction and global consequences.

I agree. 

Edited: 9/1/19 10:33 AM
6/13/09
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

You can post whatever the hell you link in any thread of mine, its a public message board ffs. People reply to the posts they are interested in and ignore the ones they are not. 

But I didn't say anything to hijack the thread, we were discussing appropriate responses (and YOU were the one who took the thread in that direction, not me). In order to do so then we MUST consider the roots off the issue as they have a MASSIVE impact on appropriate responses. Im sorry to break this to you but if you can't understand that then you are the "stupid" one.

I'm not going to spend a huge amount of time arguing with you.

This is not a thread about the "roots of the issue". It's about a specific present day issue/crisis.  Like I said, I've been over that other time period a million times and am not willing to waste more time on it now with you.

If others have seen enough to get the idea, and don't wish to continue the thread...I'm outta here.

If they want to continue it, I will. But I won't sit here and have a meaningless argument with you....although I do appreciate the fact that you are being reasonable and cool now, except for needlessly calling me "stupid" lol.

I still can't justify the time.

Edited: 9/1/19 10:32 AM
12/28/04

Out of curiosity, do you see an potential/realistic path to agreed peace in the region?

9/1/19 10:40 AM
6/13/09

Out of curiosity, do you see an potential/realistic path to agreed peace in the region?

No. Peace is farther away than it has been in a long time.

Land, water, weapons, politics, religion, money, oil, etc. will keep the area roiling between Iran and Israel for a long long time imo. Unless some all -out war occurs, I expect this conflict to go on for many decades.

War is more likely than peace. And it may not be far off. 

9/1/19 10:41 AM
6/13/09

back later. maybe.

9/1/19 11:01 AM
5/29/18
Looney Ronulan Paultard -
blood fist -

Perhaps the best thing would be if Israel told Iran, right now, that setting up those precision missiles will not be tolerated. I'm not sure where those negotiation would lead. But as Winston Churchill liked to say, "jaw jaw is better than war war."

Sort of like when we told the Russians to get their missiles out of Cuba.

That is a Harold Macmillan quote.

Lol

9/1/19 11:09 AM
6/2/11

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/israeli-army-fires-lebanon-hezbollah-missile-attack-190901134806880.html

9/1/19 11:21 AM
5/18/10
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

Of all the bits of land to steal who on earth though this would be a good idea...

I'm not sure steal is the appropriate word. The UN gave Israel the right to exist as a state. The UN also offered the Arabs (Pals) half the land for their own state. They refused the offer (which most of them now regret) and instead tried to wipe Israel out.with the help of all the surrounding Arab countries, . The outcome is well-known.

It's a WHOLE different can of worms than the alarming shit that's taking place today.

People were, and still are being, forcibly removed from their land and homes which was then given to others. If that is not stealing I don't know what is.  

Well, when you figure out how to deal with an implacable population of people who are dedicated to your extermination and love using violence to reach that goal,,, well, you just let me know, OK? 

I'd prefer it if you woudn't try to highjack the thread and turn it into a platform for your anti-Israel views not related to the subject of the thread..Thanks

What you don't do is steal peoples land, you can try an dress it up all you like but that is EXACTLY what it was. Furthermore, if you are not going to try to understand the roots of the issue how on earth do you ever expect to end it?

Pop quiz question for you, what city do the State of Palestine consider to be their capital city? This is literally like the UN kicking the Americans out of, and moving the jews into, DC. Then wondering why Americans are pissed off. 

Like I said before that ship has sailed and now there is no changing that, but you have to at least understand the very real and valid grievances that Palestine has here and look for a real solution; unless you are happy with the lets just nuke everyone approach. There needs a be a situation like Northern Ireland, free movement, duel nationalities, no boarders etc. Its the only way this can work in the long term. 

The Jews were there before Muslims even existed. They've been there the whole time. Declaring themselves a state isn't stealing, who did they steal from? Themselves?

9/1/19 11:31 AM
10/1/16

The hysteria is laughable. Netanyahu is facing criminal charges and an election. He's getting desperate and creating narratives to change the talking points. The danger is that he might seek a war in an attempt to get reelected. His personal power is more important to him than Israel itself.

Case in point. Bibi accused an Israeli TV station of "blood libel"against him. Where have we heard that before?

He also said the station, Channel 12 was guilty of "terrorism against Democracy".

Should we invade Channel 12? Is Channel 12 an "existential threat"?

Bloodfist, how should Bibi deal with the terrorists at Channel 12?

9/1/19 11:37 AM
5/1/16

The cost of making the missiles is far more than the defense for these weapons like a Directed energy defense system . So when an a costly gps guided missile is defeated with a weapon that cost a dollar or two a shot . It makes it hard for Iran to justify the cost , especially with their current economy. Also Iran is full of shit when it comes to their military technology. Remember their stealth fighter that looked like it was made of clay , or the HESA Saeqeh fighter that they claimed would destroy an f-18 , f-15 ,f-16 ? It's an  old f-5 that they put a second tail on . 

9/1/19 11:38 AM
5/1/16
Flavorful - The hysteria is laughable. Netanyahu is facing criminal charges and an election. He's getting desperate and creating narratives to change the talking points. The danger is that he might seek a war in an attempt to get reelected. His personal power is more important to him than Israel itself.

Case in point. Bibi accused an Israeli TV station of "blood libel"against him. Where have we heard that before?

He also said the station, Channel 12 was guilty of "terrorism against Democracy".

It's laughable because Iran is incompetent 

9/1/19 11:41 AM
4/24/07
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

OK. I can respect that post ^

It's reasonable and topical. But why were you acting like a retard and trying to fuck up the thread before?

Re/ nuclear weapons: obviously I am against the use of them. But what is a country supposed to do when precision guided missiles are scoring direct hits on structures, cities, people, if it has no other way to stop the onslaught?

The Israelis don't do things that way. I still hope the whole matter can be settled in a peaceful or at least a non-nuke way, but it seems the Iranians are determined to deploy these missiles. Check out the video I just posted.

Brocks actually good people. He just doesn't care for religion. He means no harm.

9/1/19 11:45 AM
12/28/04
ryans - 
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

The Jews were there before Muslims even existed. They've been there the whole time. Declaring themselves a state isn't stealing, who did they steal from? Themselves?

I am talking about the people that were forcibly removed from there homes. Is it OK for American Indians to remove you from your home because they were there before Americans even existed? Of course not.

Anyway like I have said before that doesn't matter other than to realise the roots of the current situation. I actually agree with blood fist on this, there will be no peace, only war. 

9/1/19 11:51 AM
4/24/07
ryans - 
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

I've never understood that position. If the idea of conquering a nation and then owning the land exists, then the Pals really have no argument. If it doesn't exist then the Pals need to get the fuck off Jewish land. Either way, they have no argument that it's their land or it was stolen from them. They did the exact same thing. As did every other nation throughout time. This would now be the second time in history Israel has been willing to give land back that they have every right too. They did it with the sinai peninsula and giving land back to Egypt when they rightfully took it in war. Who here is really being the irrational ones? No other country has done this that I can think of but the U.S(Russia was forced). 

The other point I would make is that it being Jewish land the Jew's are a lot more forgiving and understanding that the land is also holy to the Muslims. They don't stop them from visiting sites or worshipping. Can we say the same thing about Islam? Can I as a Jew visit Mecca, nope. 

9/1/19 12:05 PM
4/24/07
ryans - 
blood fist - 
blood fist - 

I am talking about the people that were forcibly removed from there homes. Is it OK for American Indians to remove you from your home because they were there before Americans even existed? Of course not.

Anyway like I have said before that doesn't matter other than to realise the roots of the current situation. I actually agree with blood fist on this, there will be no peace, only war. 

What about them? Why should I have sympathy for people that want the same thing to happen to Jews? The only difference is that they are incapable of carrying out such a plan. If the Muslims had the ability they would wipe us off the land and they wouldn't be offering us anything. I know this because they already tried more than once. They have made it clear the compromise is all the Jews being gone. How would you expect us to act? Yet we still aim for peace. 

9/1/19 12:26 PM
6/13/09
Flavorful - The hysteria is laughable. Netanyahu is facing criminal charges and an election. He's getting desperate and creating narratives to change the talking points. The danger is that he might seek a war in an attempt to get reelected. His personal power is more important to him than Israel itself.

Hey. look who's here! The man who never, ever fails to show up on a bf thread...lol. I don't know if that's a compliment or not.

Let me respond by saying all of your points are petty political bullshit that miss the real point of the real possibilities of danger or war.

You didn't mention  the new missiles at all. It wouldn't matter who was prime minister. A threatened Israel is a united Israel. Pissy politics don't matter if there's a real threat going on.

Your hatred of Bibi is obvious and maybe even justified. But you have stand back a bit and get a view of what really matters, and what is really happening on the ground...not in bitchy political circles.