OtherGround Forums Historical Photos You Won't See in Textbooks

11 days ago
12/27/12

Leonid Rogozov was a Soviet general practitioner who took part in the sixth Soviet Antarctic Expedition in 1960–1961. He was the only doctor stationed at the Novolazarevskaya Station and, while there, developed appendicitis, which meant he had to perform an appendectomy on himself, a famous case of self-surgery. https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/leonid-rogozov-appendix-1961/
11 days ago
10/15/13
pumpkinpuss -
The Stewed Owl -

Celebrating VE Day in Trafalgar Square, 1945, 1 week after Hitler's suicide. Do you think those sailors got laid that night?

given. i dont know where the chicks go while the deal goes down though. maybe to the chippy?

Is this English??

11 days ago
10/15/13
sicko -
The Stewed Owl -

Lego Minifig patent c. 1979

That'd make a cool t-shirt 

Dibs!!

BTW...great thread!

11 days ago
8/2/16
Al Cappucino -
pumpkinpuss -
The Stewed Owl -

Celebrating VE Day in Trafalgar Square, 1945, 1 week after Hitler's suicide. Do you think those sailors got laid that night?

given. i dont know where the chicks go while the deal goes down though. maybe to the chippy?

Is this English??

Proper English that! Translated for you....

Its definite that they got laid. Not sure where the ladies will go while the guys are fucking though. Maybe the fish and chip shop?

11 days ago
10/15/13
Twigwam -
Al Cappucino -
pumpkinpuss -
The Stewed Owl -

Is this English??

Proper English that! Translated for you....

Its definite that they got laid. Not sure where the ladies will go while the guys are fucking though. Maybe the fish and chip shop?

Image result for why thank you gif

11 days ago
1/1/01
Great pics
11 days ago
8/2/06
The Stewed Owl - 

I don't know. It looks like the guy that looks like McCartney has a hoverhand.

11 days ago
7/16/12

11 days ago
11/10/18
The Stewed Owl -

U.S. Senator Robery Byrd (D - West Virginia, 1959 - 2010): Klansman and Recording Artist.

Egomaniac and all around shit bird.

11 days ago
6/13/07
pahulkster - 
The Stewed Owl -

The Ramones: Fuck Communism!

All the hipster douches with Ramones shirts would shit if they ever heard Johnny talk politics

Same goes for the Sex Pistols. Anarchy in the UK doesnt mean what they think it means. Listen to any Johnny Rotten interview.
7 days ago
12/27/12

The image, taken by Ralph Crane, was featured on LIFE magazine as a Picture of the Week in the May 22, 1944, issue. The original caption: “When he said goodbye two years ago to Natalie Nickerson, 20, a war worker of Phoenix, Ariz., a big, handsome Navy lieutenant promised her a Jap. Last week Natalie received a human skull, autographed by her lieutenant and 13 friends, and inscribed: “This is a good Jap—a dead one picked up on the New Guinea beach.” Natalie, surprised at the gift, named it Tojo. The armed forces [LIFE pointedly noted] disapprove strongly of this sort of thing”.
7 days ago
4/27/14
benwah - 

The image, taken by Ralph Crane, was featured on LIFE magazine as a Picture of the Week in the May 22, 1944, issue. The original caption: “When he said goodbye two years ago to Natalie Nickerson, 20, a war worker of Phoenix, Ariz., a big, handsome Navy lieutenant promised her a Jap. Last week Natalie received a human skull, autographed by her lieutenant and 13 friends, and inscribed: “This is a good Jap—a dead one picked up on the New Guinea beach.” Natalie, surprised at the gift, named it Tojo. The armed forces [LIFE pointedly noted] disapprove strongly of this sort of thing”.

Wow.

My home town, ladies and gentlemen!

6 days ago
8/2/06

Elon Musk, attending University of Queens, Kingston Ontario Canada, 1988

6 days ago
4/27/14
Hairy Kerry - 

Those acid-washed tight-cuffed jeans and bomber jacket are pure 1980s.

6 days ago
8/2/06
The Stewed Owl - 
Hairy Kerry - 

I remember that poster that's on the wall too  :) 

3 days ago
4/11/07
The Stewed Owl -

Jimi Hendrix fixes a meal in Ring Starr's flat in London, 1966

Excuse me while I bake this pie. 

2 days ago
4/27/14
TFK_Vulva Fabulous - 
The Stewed Owl -

Jimi Hendrix fixes a meal in Ring Starr's flat in London, 1966

Excuse me while I bake this pie. 

lol! 

Ringo commented that everything Hendrix made had cigarette ashes in it. He finally tossed him out.

2 days ago
4/1/15
The Stewed Owl -

Chick with the hat got tagged teamed after the blond claimed headache and went home.

2 days ago
6/22/03
Hairy Kerry - 

Is he hiding a dead body on the lower right? That's a woman's foot sticking out from somewhere.
2 days ago
6/22/13
Hairy Kerry -

No way... I partied there a lot in 88 (gf went to Queens).  Had no idea he went there.  Fun school

1 day ago
12/29/06

Jap skull. Excuse me? It's Japanese, you racist bigot. :)

And, that's too big to be a Jap skull (some of my best friends are Vietnamese) <----Posted for a friend.

1 day ago
8/1/07
The Stewed Owl - 
Hairy Kerry - 

They never went out of style