OtherGround Forums Holy Propaganda Batman...

Edited: 28 days ago
1/1/01

So last night I watched a BBC documentary on the Anglo Saxon's I found on YouTube. Everyone knows the story about the Angles and the Saxon migrations that followed Rome leaving Britain and the documentary opens asking why if there was a large scale invasion no evidence has ever been found (not true, but whatever)? The first 30 minutes wasn't bad as it just dealt with the usual DNA testing that showed modern Britain share most of their DNA with Germanic peoples. This of course ignores that it's a blanket statement and varies a great deal depending on where your modern test sample comes from, and the amount of ethnic change that has happened to Britain in the last hundred years.

It's the last half that made me stoip and go 'WTF'!? The documentary shifted into arguing that it was a economic migration and that the people coming to Britain did so peacefully and that the native Britons just willingly changed their entire culture to that of the newcomers. Seriously, they're selling that a native population in a time when violence and warrior culture was present across the globe just decided to abandon their culture and language, and buy in wholesale to that of masses of incoming foriegners.

By itself I would have taken this to be just another theory. Interesting, but lacking any real proof. However, the last 10 minutes made it very obvious what they were pushing... They wrapped up the documentary saying the invasions were all about peaceful diversity with no conflict and this is what made England great. Then they show a bunch of clips of modern England in which almost everyone is anything but white.

28 days ago
5/24/17

No shit, docile Britain. 

28 days ago
11/9/17
It should be no secret some people are trying to rewrite history, I mean they are actively removing it from public sight as if they changes anything at all so why be shocked here. The message being "See, allowing everyone in and destroying your own way of life and culture is good, see how it worked for Britain". smh!
5/24/17

Edit

28 days ago
7/13/09

English have the original white guilt. They wish they were Celtic instead of Kraut, so they say stupid shit like the Celts of Britain, Wales and Ireland wanted to be conquered or it was a peaceful migration because you know... Angles and Saxon’s who made blood sacrifices to Thor and Odin the all Father, and raided and raped everything in site long before Vikings would have been totally cool with Roman Christians and Celts who worshipped Lue the sun god or Mother Nature.

But I have read articles where they’re saying nowadays that they don’t think it’s as many hordes that came over but the Warrior elite who had already been mercenaries for Roman Britain settled and ruled over the populace after plundering it. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
^interesting
28 days ago
1/1/01
JJitsu -

English have the original white guilt. They wish they were Celtic instead of Kraut, so they say stupid shit like the Celts of Britain, Wales and Ireland wanted to be conquered or it was a peaceful migration because you know... Angles and Saxon’s who made blood sacrifices to Thor and Odin the all Father, and raided and raped everything in site long before Vikings would have been totally cool with Roman Christians and Celts who worshipped Lue the sun god or Mother Nature.

But I have read articles where they’re saying nowadays that they don’t think it’s as many hordes that came over but the Warrior elite who had already been mercenaries for Roman Britain settled and ruled over the populace after plundering it. 

"But I have read articles where they’re saying nowadays that they don’t think it’s as many hordes that came over but the Warrior elite who had already been mercenaries for Roman Britain settled and ruled over the populace after plundering it."

Probable... But that's still a far cry from friendly and peaceful migration and willing destruction of ones own culture and language.

28 days ago
1/1/01
The BBC recently featured an animated history segment in which there were black Celtic warriors, monks, knights and nobility. Also, all the slaves were white.
28 days ago
1/1/01
JJitsu - 

LOL@all this bullshit...

British history has always been highly jingoistic and lauded figures like Alfred the Great. It's only in the last 25 years than Marxist self-loathing crept into mainstream academia.
28 days ago
1/1/01

So shows like Last Kingdom and Vikings are pure fantasy?  

28 days ago
1/1/01
amadeus -

So last night I watched a BBC documentary on the Anglo Saxon's I found on YouTube. Everyone knows the story about the Angles and the Saxon migrations that followed Rome leaving Britain and the documentary opens asking why if there was a large scale invasion no evidence has ever been found (not true, but whatever)? The first 30 minutes wasn't bad as it just dealt with the usual DNA testing that showed modern Britain share most of their DNA with Germanic peoples. This of course ignores that it's a blanket statement and varies a great deal depending on where your modern test sample comes from, and the amount of ethnic change that has happened to Britain in the last hundred years.

It's the last half that made me stoip and go 'WTF'!? The documentary shifted into arguing that it was a economic migration and that the people coming to Britain did so peacefully and that the native Britons just willingly changed their entire culture to that of the newcomers. Seriously, they're selling that a native population in a time when violence and warrior culture was present across the globe just decided to abandon their culture and language, and buy in wholesale to that of masses of incoming foriegners.

By itself I would have taken this to be just another theory. Interesting, but lacking any real proof. However, the last 10 minutes made it very obvious what they were pushing... They wrapped up the documentary saying the invasions were all about peaceful diversity with no conflict and this is what made England great. Then they show a bunch of clips of modern England in which almost everyone is anything but white.

the  culture changed again when William the Conqueror took over the country. angelo saxon way/culture/language etc wiped out

28 days ago
9/21/14

No it didn’t.

and the Saxons fucked shit up until 1066. Google Aethelfrith

28 days ago
7/13/09
Squatdog -
JJitsu - 

LOL@all this bullshit...

British history has always been highly jingoistic and lauded figures like Alfred the Great. It's only in the last 25 years than Marxist self-loathing crept into mainstream academia.

Ahhhh Haaaaaa!!!! I was hoping to get your kiwi faggot ass or Gengaseanies heretic ass to respond. Boom! Mission accomplished! My two favorite non English wannabe Englishmen always telling people about Englishness LOL. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
...as opposed to a weak-minded American inbred parroting what they've been told to think on InfoWars?
11/28/08

"Seriously, they're selling that a native population in a time when violence and warrior culture was present across the globe just decided to abandon their culture and language, and buy in wholesale to that of masses of incoming foriegners."

That is pretty common, yes. Especially if it is economically advantageous. That is why we speak Indo-European languages for the most part.

It isn't settled history how Britain became Germanized. The most common model right now is that Angles and Saxons originally began migrating during the late Roman period as economic settlers. It took a very long period of time, some of which was violent, some wasn't, for Anglo-Saxon culture to dominate. They didn't just sweep in as a conquering army and butcher all of the natives.

"the  culture changed again when William the Conqueror took over the country. angelo saxon way/culture/language etc wiped out"

What language are you speaking now? The Norman conquest just meant swapping out the nobility.

Some of the nobles that came in with Billy the Bastard were Bretons, though. Bringing it back.

28 days ago
1/1/01
anthonyMI - 

"Seriously, they're selling that a native population in a time when violence and warrior culture was present across the globe just decided to abandon their culture and language, and buy in wholesale to that of masses of incoming foriegners."

That is pretty common, yes. Especially if it is economically advantageous. That is why we speak Indo-European languages for the most part.

It isn't settled history how Britain became Germanized. The most common model right now is that Angles and Saxons originally began migrating during the late Roman period as economic settlers. It took a very long period of time, some of which was violent, some wasn't, for Anglo-Saxon culture to dominate. They didn't just sweep in as a conquering army and butcher all of the natives.

"the  culture changed again when William the Conqueror took over the country. angelo saxon way/culture/language etc wiped out"

What language are you speaking now? The Norman conquest just meant swapping out the nobility.

Some of the nobles that came in with Billy the Bastard were Bretons, though. Bringing it back.

"That is pretty common, yes. Especially if it is economically advantageous. That is why we speak Indo-European languages for the most part."

I'm sorry, I must have missed History class the day they taught the Romans abandoned their culture and language to the peaceful Vandals, Goths, and other incoming Germanic tribes...
12/6/16

My God the revisionists OP mentions and the ones in this thread are unreal.

Here's a really good podcast series for anyone interested on how the Vikings took over much of Europe.

https://normancenturies.com/

It's also available on apple podcasts.

28 days ago
1/1/01
Ancient Britons be Black, yo!

11/28/08
amadeus -
anthonyMI - 

"That is pretty common, yes. Especially if it is economically advantageous. That is why we speak Indo-European languages for the most part."

I'm sorry, I must have missed History class the day they taught the Romans abandoned their culture and language to the peaceful Vandals, Goths, and other incoming Germanic tribes...

In most cases, the Germans changed their own cultures to be more like Romans. In Italy, the Ostrogoths tried to legitimize their rule by renovating Roman architecture and the language of culture was Latin, not Gothic. In Spain, the Visigoths were too stubborn about accommodating their Hispano-Roman subjects, so not many of them cared when the Muslims came to depose them.

Hispania, Gaul, Italia, and Dacia still speak descendants of vulgar Latin, not German.

28 days ago
11/28/08
CharlesMartel -

Here's a really good podcast series for anyone interested on how the Vikings took over much of Europe.

You mean the Vikings who changed their mind and became French because it was advantageous to?

28 days ago
7/13/09
Squatdog - ...as opposed to a weak-minded American inbred parroting what they've been told to think on InfoWars?

Huh? Tha fuck does Alex Jones have to do with anything? Don’t actually watch that dude LOL. Pathetic response is pathetic ahhahahahahaha!

And if there is any inbreeding it would come from the British side of my American heritage since the sun doesn’t set on my English Conquerer last name you kiwi savage...by the way you’re welcome my cousins conquered your island and sent your pathetic grand parents there after stealing that loaf of bread goof... hahahahahaha!!

28 days ago
12/6/16
anthonyMI -
CharlesMartel -

You mean the Vikings who changed their mind and became French because it was advantageous to?

Are you serious?

You mean the Vikings who kept fucking up France so the King of the West Franks gave them Normandy so that they would stop besieging Paris.

28 days ago
11/28/08
CharlesMartel -
anthonyMI -
CharlesMartel -

Are you serious?

You mean the Vikings who kept fucking up France so the King of the West Franks gave them Normandy so that they would stop besieging Paris.

That is correct. They then adopted French language, culture, and governance style within a generation. Do you think Bohemond de Hauteville was more a Frenchman or a Dane?

These things are pretty flexible.

28 days ago
1/1/01
JJitsu - 
Squatdog - ...as opposed to a weak-minded American inbred parroting what they've been told to think on InfoWars?

Huh? Tha fuck does Alex Jones have to do with anything? Don’t actually watch that dude LOL. Pathetic response is pathetic ahhahahahahaha!

And if there is any inbreeding it would come from the British side of my American heritage since the sun doesn’t set on my English Conquerer last name you kiwi savage...by the way you’re welcome my cousins conquered your island and sent your pathetic grand parents there after stealing that loaf of bread goof... hahahahahaha!!

Nothing you say makes any sense.
28 days ago
1/1/01
anthonyMI -
amadeus -
anthonyMI - 

In most cases, the Germans changed their own cultures to be more like Romans. In Italy, the Ostrogoths tried to legitimize their rule by renovating Roman architecture and the language of culture was Latin, not Gothic. In Spain, the Visigoths were too stubborn about accommodating their Hispano-Roman subjects, so not many of them cared when the Muslims came to depose them.

Hispania, Gaul, Italia, and Dacia still speak descendants of vulgar Latin, not German.

Congratulations... You completely missed the point.

Yes, if a relatively small (in comparison to the native population) number of migrants settle in an area and then they are likely to assimilate or at least trade cultural aspects. If the migrants come to violently impose their culture or they kill enough of the natives, then they will become culturally and linguistically dominant.