OtherGround Forums Home Depot messed up deliverly of fridge

7 days ago
2/9/09

Ordered it last week, kid said it was in stock and we will get it today. Last night got a robo call, saying it'll be here between noon and 4pm. Cool, took the day off and now they're saying they have none in stock....and waiting for a shippment. 

how far/how much should I bitch?

7 days ago
8/9/16

A lot...

I'd be pretty pissed....

7 days ago
8/9/16

See the source image

7 days ago
10/3/16

Call and ask if they are racist against black people and then demand they deliver it to your white friend at this address:

7 days ago
10/16/07
I'd ask for a discount in the amount of your lost wages.
7 days ago
2/9/09
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

A lot...

I'd be pretty pissed....

What should I try to get out of this? 

7 days ago
7/29/13

I used to build grills for them as a side job for extra cash. Normally when something was bought like that its supposed to be pulled and placed in a bay in the back with a will call tag. Sounds like someone got lazy and didnt do that and then it was sold off the floor and they have no more. I would definitely bitch about it if I took the day off work for it. Someone else's negligence is the reason you wasted taking a day off. 

Edited: 7 days ago
2/8/08
I deal with this at work almost daily. I had a customer dealing with the same thing with Lowes last Friday.

Its gonna be blamed on Covid and they will apologize. They dont give an F word, though.

If youre paying for installation, you can probably get that waived.
7 days ago
11/19/19
Bend The Knee -

Ordered it last week, kid said it was in stock and we will get it today. Last night got a robo call, saying it'll be here between noon and 4pm. Cool, took the day off and now they're saying they have none in stock....and waiting for a shippment. 

What ethnicity are you? That will determine the amount of bitching allowed. If you're white, just bend the fuck over and take it in the ass.

7 days ago
8/9/16
Bend The Knee -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

A lot...

I'd be pretty pissed....

What should I try to get out of this? 

Probably what seattlesbig mentioned... maybe a delivery fee, I'm not sure...

but I feel like they should... If I worked there I would absolutely try and make that right for you... 

I get so frustrated at the lack of good quality service... When I worked those types of jobs I hell of went out of my way to DO MY JOB.... It pisses me off that even the littlest things are ignored.... People just fucking suck...

Hope they take care of you....

7 days ago
8/9/16

Especially taking a day off of work....

That's no joke right there....

7 days ago
9/13/14
MojoSoDope -

I used to build grills for them as a side job for extra cash. Normally when something was bought like that its supposed to be pulled and placed in a bay in the back with a will call tag. Sounds like someone got lazy and didnt do that and then it was sold off the floor and they have no more. I would definitely bitch about it if I took the day off work for it. Someone else's negligence is the reason you wasted taking a day off. 

How was that side job? I was actually looking into doing the same thing. What are the pros cons etc 

7 days ago
7/29/13
VFR -
MojoSoDope -

How was that side job? I was actually looking into doing the same thing. What are the pros cons etc 

I was assigned two or three home depot's in my area. I would go in there for 3 or 4 hours in the evening(you could also go during the day if that worked better for your schedule) and build their display grills, wheelbarrows, patio furniture, online orders and any other thing they need built. Some weeks it was only a couple days and some weeks I was there everyday. You get paid per piece and I normally would end up making 30-40 an hour if I busted ass. Once you learn how everything goes together you can get moving pretty fast. Occasionally you would get a day where you get a piece that sucks to put together and takes a long time but normally it wasn't like that. The con would be sometimes having to wait for them to pull shit down for you. Home depot employees aren't always the best. You're only required to service each one once or twice a week but I'd get the managers numbers to call and see what they actually needed done. It was a easy job and you can make some good side money if you are decent with your hands. There are days I walked out of there making 400 bucks. 

7 days ago
10/29/10

They will blame a third party vendor that does the deliveries. You call the delivery place and they will blame Home Depot. 
They did this to me 3 times over 6 weeks before I canceled my order and went someolace else. 

7 days ago
6/26/13
they wont do or give you shit. dont waste your time
7 days ago
9/15/15

Call and cancel thebordera ask for a immediate refund they will knock off money happened toy dad with his stove 

7 days ago
1/1/01

Tell them you're thinking about cancelling the order and going to Lowe's. 

6 days ago
4/22/07

Cancel and call corporate. HD may make it right,maybe not. Lowe's didnt give two fucks when they ripped me off 

6 days ago
1/11/14

They should be able to offer you $50 off on any item so push Em for more.

6 days ago
8/14/18

Burn and loot the store, grab a fridge.

6 days ago
9/13/14
MojoSoDope -
VFR -
MojoSoDope -

I was assigned two or three home depot's in my area. I would go in there for 3 or 4 hours in the evening(you could also go during the day if that worked better for your schedule) and build their display grills, wheelbarrows, patio furniture, online orders and any other thing they need built. Some weeks it was only a couple days and some weeks I was there everyday. You get paid per piece and I normally would end up making 30-40 an hour if I busted ass. Once you learn how everything goes together you can get moving pretty fast. Occasionally you would get a day where you get a piece that sucks to put together and takes a long time but normally it wasn't like that. The con would be sometimes having to wait for them to pull shit down for you. Home depot employees aren't always the best. You're only required to service each one once or twice a week but I'd get the managers numbers to call and see what they actually needed done. It was a easy job and you can make some good side money if you are decent with your hands. There are days I walked out of there making 400 bucks. 

Awesome thanks for the info

6 days ago
2/9/09
ShanTheMan -

Cancel and call corporate. HD may make it right,maybe not. Lowe's didnt give two fucks when they ripped me off 

I cancelled my order. Will just go to Lowe's. Like someone else said, they're blaming a 3rd party. 

6 days ago
8/5/13

Homedepot did the same to me with my new Washer. Said I would be deivered I believe on a Tuesday. Email confirmation. Never came. Useless.

6 days ago
11/5/19
Bend The Knee - 

I ordered 2 windows 3 weeks ago on a Wednesday. Said they’d be in by Saturday. Didn’t hear back and called the next week. They said they’d have them in 2 weeks, by the 26th. Called on the 26th. Said they’d be there by the 2nd now. Finally just cancelled and ordered from another place.

Fuckin idiots
6 days ago
10/11/18