OtherGround Forums How Do RIPPED Dudes Enjoy Life?

10 days ago
9/27/15
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I have 4 friends that are year round ripped, deep into their 30s. They're having the best time. Lifestyle is pretty normal, but they keep themselves in check at restaurants (meat and veg only) and sometimes drink bullshit like White Claw instead of lager. They do a hard hour a day at the gym and dial it back in when they need to. Their whole lives don't revolve around it. It's just something they're used to doing. 

I'd have to believe their genetics are pretty good though if they are ripped year round in their late 30s without devoting most of their life to it..it depends though as to how strict their daily eating habits are like though..but most genetically average guys in their late 30s generally need to really devote a lot of effort and energy into being ripped ...

You don't need good genetics, you just need to stay on top of it and not get out of shape like most people do when they hit adulthood.  If you simply make sure to workout several times per week and not sit on your ass every single weekend you would be amazed and how good you can look very late in life.  Its just that almost no one does that these days.  Once you get out of shape its an enormous pain in the ass to work your way back into shape because your body can't even handle a decent amount of volume.  You literally have to get back into shape just to be able to do enough work to actually make your body adapt in a noticible way.  If you always stay in decent shape you can ramp things up very quickly if you want to or coast for a while when life gets hectic, you just make sure to get a few workouts in and never completely lose it.

I just have to disagree..I'm 40 years old and I've been around the gym since my teens..I know lots of guys that have worked out for many years, some with strict diet, others not so much..I've seen the genetically gifted and others that weren't and imo, if you are in your late 30s, it will take much more than just adhering to a solid workout plans 4-5 days a week and never getting out of shape in order to be muscular and ripped..

I'm trying to think of the guys I know around my age that are muscular, ripped and lean that are not on Trt..ugh very few really but I'd like to hear more input from others on this
10 days ago
9/27/15
Neil McCauley - 

the difference between me and you Karusu is your genetics were not meant to be passed on. you simply lack the work ethic and discipline to make it in just about every period in the history of mankind. A man like me would have captured you due to your lack of will power. I would have impregnated your woman and moved onto the next village it is only today's fruity society where a few seconds of mouth pleasure should dictate your moves.

never taken a steroid. dont count calories. pic taken yesterday. unleash your human potential. dont sit back and waltz over to whole foods like a fairy. put your son on your back and climb a mountain. or put your friends son on your back and climb a mountain like I did yesterday. buncha slack jawed cunts looking for every excuse in the book why they aren't willing to put in the work!

It's obvious if you truly never count calories nor live the majority of your life devoted to calorie deficit and hard training that you have above average genetics, without a doubt..you are in your late 30s? Very few guys I know at your age look like that without Trt or extreme dedication ..consider yourself lucky
10 days ago
3/5/14
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I have 4 friends that are year round ripped, deep into their 30s. They're having the best time. Lifestyle is pretty normal, but they keep themselves in check at restaurants (meat and veg only) and sometimes drink bullshit like White Claw instead of lager. They do a hard hour a day at the gym and dial it back in when they need to. Their whole lives don't revolve around it. It's just something they're used to doing. 

I'd have to believe their genetics are pretty good though if they are ripped year round in their late 30s without devoting most of their life to it..it depends though as to how strict their daily eating habits are like though..but most genetically average guys in their late 30s generally need to really devote a lot of effort and energy into being ripped ...

You don't need good genetics, you just need to stay on top of it and not get out of shape like most people do when they hit adulthood.  If you simply make sure to workout several times per week and not sit on your ass every single weekend you would be amazed and how good you can look very late in life.  Its just that almost no one does that these days.  Once you get out of shape its an enormous pain in the ass to work your way back into shape because your body can't even handle a decent amount of volume.  You literally have to get back into shape just to be able to do enough work to actually make your body adapt in a noticible way.  If you always stay in decent shape you can ramp things up very quickly if you want to or coast for a while when life gets hectic, you just make sure to get a few workouts in and never completely lose it.

I just have to disagree..I'm 40 years old and I've been around the gym since my teens..I know lots of guys that have worked out for many years, some with strict diet, others not so much..I've seen the genetically gifted and others that weren't and imo, if you are in your late 30s, it will take much more than just adhering to a solid workout plans 4-5 days a week and never getting out of shape in order to be muscular and ripped..

I'm trying to think of the guys I know around my age that are muscular, ripped and lean that are not on Trt..ugh very few really but I'd like to hear more input from others on this

Obviously as age increases the needed adherence to diet and excercise will grow with time and I think the entire discussion probably hinges on what you would consider, "muscular, ripped and lean."

Those terms can be very subjective and a person's opinion on them can be heavily biased by the large amount of PED induced physiques many people confuse with what is actually possible for non-enhanced humans.

I don't think debating something so subjective is really worth it inless you want to be more specific with what you would consider fits those terms you used in your post. Cheers :)

10 days ago
12/13/11
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

the difference between me and you Karusu is your genetics were not meant to be passed on. you simply lack the work ethic and discipline to make it in just about every period in the history of mankind. A man like me would have captured you due to your lack of will power. I would have impregnated your woman and moved onto the next village it is only today's fruity society where a few seconds of mouth pleasure should dictate your moves.

never taken a steroid. dont count calories. pic taken yesterday. unleash your human potential. dont sit back and waltz over to whole foods like a fairy. put your son on your back and climb a mountain. or put your friends son on your back and climb a mountain like I did yesterday. buncha slack jawed cunts looking for every excuse in the book why they aren't willing to put in the work!

It's obvious if you truly never count calories nor live the majority of your life devoted to calorie deficit and hard training that you have above average genetics, without a doubt..you are in your late 30s? Very few guys I know at your age look like that without Trt or extreme dedication ..consider yourself lucky

I am 30. I know how much to eat based off my activity level. I eat a lot of the same food over and over. mostly steak, eggs, chicken, fish, quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds, avocados, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts. that makes up most of what I eat. I have extreme dedication in a sense that I get good quality sleep and pack in a ton of food, like I'm eating often when not even hungry because I need the calories etc. not to mention I train like an animal. I train with more purpose and intensity than every single person at my gym. I lift heavier weights for higher volume day after day after day whether I'm tired or not feeling like training or every other excuse in the book. and guess what? I enjoy living a life of structure. I eat for sustenance. to fuel my workouts and recovery. you can take the scapegoat of having better genetics to make yourself feel better but the truth is anyone can do it. I just want it badder than 99.999% of people. do you really want it? go listen to Eric Thomas's speech how bad do you want it? do you want it as much as you want to breathe? I dont think so. I do though. 

10 days ago
12/13/11

10 days ago
4/20/11
Dark Knight - I was in the Army, We have a minimum fitness level, but gyms everywhere and lot of guys that are ripped, I was at an Airforce bas in TX and they had competitions there, some big guys competed there.

I worked out with a couple guys that were big and ripped. I was pretty happy with the results I was getting, watched my diet but couldn't get as cut as some of these guys. I did a 10 mile run once a week, ran 3-5 mile the other days I ran and some type of cardio on the other days.

Genetics has to have a lot to do with it.

As a side note on just working out and benefits, I was working out with guys that were in the Marines and came over to the Army. They were saying when on a ship they had nothing to do except workout. When they got to port they would be at the clubs or in town and the local guys didn't stand a chance against a cocky cut guy.

This may be the gayest posts I've ever read.

Were they thick, solid, tight? 

10 days ago
11/20/08
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I agree. I think genetics plays a huge role and obviously good habits as well.

The problem is that the older you get, with the wife and kids, and the family, you adhere to good habits less and less. Are you going to skip dinner with your family cause you're watching your macros? This is when the genetics comes into play, they simple let you get away with more.

Edited: 10 days ago
1/9/19

yeah, I just try to be reasonable in my masculine exercise and dietary habits and then accept my genetics.  I think the GF is making dry-curry right now with biryani and mango drink and probably I will have sex later if required....no need to deprive myself of life's pleasures just so I can be GAY for myself in the mirror LOL

10 days ago
1/1/01
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

I am 30. I know how much to eat based off my activity level. I eat a lot of the same food over and over. mostly steak, eggs, chicken, fish, quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds, avocados, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts. that makes up most of what I eat. I have extreme dedication in a sense that I get good quality sleep and pack in a ton of food, like I'm eating often when not even hungry because I need the calories etc. not to mention I train like an animal. I train with more purpose and intensity than every single person at my gym. I lift heavier weights for higher volume day after day after day whether I'm tired or not feeling like training or every other excuse in the book. and guess what? I enjoy living a life of structure. I eat for sustenance. to fuel my workouts and recovery. you can take the scapegoat of having better genetics to make yourself feel better but the truth is anyone can do it. I just want it badder than 99.999% of people. do you really want it? go listen to Eric Thomas's speech how bad do you want it? do you want it as much as you want to breathe? I dont think so. I do though. 

lol. He talks like some dude that's hardened himself in the trenches for multiple tours of duty or to become best in the world at a pro sport. You work out a lot and diet so you can post pictures on the internet and play beach volleyball. It's cool that your healthy and all, but come on man.
10 days ago
12/13/11
theraskal -

yeah, I just try to be reasonable in my masculine exercise and dietary habits and then accept my genetics.  I think the GF is making dry-curry right now with biryani and mango drink and probably I will have sex later if required....no need to deprive myself of life's pleasures just so I can be GAY for myself in the mirror LOL

"probably have sex if required" 

you spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about other men's physiques and only want to have sex with your gf if it's a requirement. you sir are a homo. 

10 days ago
12/13/11
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

lol. He talks like some dude that's hardened himself in the trenches for multiple tours of duty or to become best in the world at a pro sport. You work out a lot and diet so you can post pictures on the internet and play beach volleyball. It's cool that your healthy and all, but come on man.

how many times have you followed me around trying to get a rise out me? it is beyond pathetic at this point. I dont comment on any of your shit because you are a loser. it's only on the internet where a nerd like you would even have a voice. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Lucas Maximus -

Strength comes from within

We call it the dragon

You are weak and have a succubus killing you

You can not be trusted

Says the guy who literally drinks piss and doesn’t believe germs cause disease. . . 

10 days ago
3/20/12
Neil McCauley - 
theraskal -

you spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about other men's physiques and only want to have sex with your gf if it's a requirement. you sir are a homo. 

Image result for neil mccauley image

10 days ago
1/1/01
Neil McCauley - 
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

how many times have you followed me around trying to get a rise out me? it is beyond pathetic at this point. I dont comment on any of your shit because you are a loser. it's only on the internet where a nerd like you would even have a voice. 

Oh no, the Magnificent one shant speak to those who don't acknowledge his royal magnificence! lol. All the hardcore discipline you brag about and yet you can't handle some reality-based, legit, light ribbing without spazzing out. gtfo

You can think I'm a loser if you want, but nothing you post here or brag about makes you a winner. It all points towards the opposite actually. You're a weak misfit and all the weight lifting, torso pics, tanning and e-bragging won't change that. This is all just some weird forum masturbation ritual for you. You're gonna beat off in pubic, I'm gonna laugh at you. Such is life.
10 days ago
1/9/19

well that was FANTASTIC eating!  there was biryani AND garlic Naan two kinds of TASTY CARBS!  

she's cleaning up the kitcen right now so I have some OG time to shake my hips to some 80s tunes like George Michael, Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper, Prince, and Michael Jackson!  It helps the food to digest  Dance, OG, Digest Food, 3 BIRDS ONE STONE BIG WIN! 

10 days ago
1/9/19

Is Getting Ripped Worth It?

However, I found myself getting weaker and weaker athletically speaking as my roadmap to getting ripped progressed. I was basically on a body builder’s diet which was pretty much all protein and little-to-no carbohydrates. I found myself lifting less and less weight and being fatigued more quickly in the pool as my body fat dropped.

What I can say about “getting ripped” in the look-at-me-I’m-so-ripped-and-good-looking sense is that it isn’t worth it. It takes a ridiculous amount of work both in terms of adherence to a strict diet and a lot of exercise. Also, once you get to that point, then what? Stay ripped and miss out on eating a cookie every now and then? Screw that. I can also say that even though I looked very athletic I felt weaker than I was at my normal athletic shape when I was consuming plenty of carbohydrates, occasionally allowing my inner fat kid to come out and splurge on $15 of Taco Bell in one sitting (yet still exercising regularly).----------

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/is-getting-ripped-worth-i_b_1321228

10 days ago
5/4/14

Silly thread is silly. 

10 days ago
12/13/11
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

Oh no, the Magnificent one shant speak to those who don't acknowledge his royal magnificence! lol. All the hardcore discipline you brag about and yet you can't handle some reality-based, legit, light ribbing without spazzing out. gtfo

You can think I'm a loser if you want, but nothing you post here or brag about makes you a winner. It all points towards the opposite actually. You're a weak misfit and all the weight lifting, torso pics, tanning and e-bragging won't change that. This is all just some weird forum masturbation ritual for you. You're gonna beat off in pubic, I'm gonna laugh at you. Such is life.

How many times are you gonna play this game of trying to get my attention by talking shit to me because I make you feel insecure about your lame existence? I can't help that you are a loser. It is not my fault. It is on you to do something about it. Instead of lashing out at me due to jealously, why not improve your life? you are obviously unhappy. I dont know how old you are or what your exact situation is but it's not too late to change your life. it obviously needs changing. get off the internet and do something about it. 

10 days ago
1/9/19
Straydog24 -

Silly thread is silly. 

incorrect!  This is not some flim-flam gossip!  Its purpose is to discover Fitness Philosophy TRUTH as an academic discussion of higher intellectual dialouge and debate among learned minds!  

10 days ago
1/9/19
Rambo John J -
Neil McCauley - 
theraskal -

Image result for neil mccauley image

I think the cleaning is near complete.......

4/6/19

good morning god dammit!

4/6/19

10 days ago
5/4/14

Eat a dick you jealous little bitch. You can’t hold my jock strap.
10 days ago
1/1/01
Neil McCauley - 
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
PeteyWheatstraw -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

How many times are you gonna play this game of trying to get my attention by talking shit to me because I make you feel insecure about your lame existence? I can't help that you are a loser. It is not my fault. It is on you to do something about it. Instead of lashing out at me due to jealously, why not improve your life? you are obviously unhappy. I dont know how old you are or what your exact situation is but it's not too late to change your life. it obviously needs changing. get off the internet and do something about it. 

You got me man, I'm unhappy and I'm gonna make a change. You motivated me. I'm gonna inspire others like you and Straydog. I've been selfish for too long. I'm in, us three. Team Awesome Squad unite.

I'm gonna start posting headless pics of my muscular body on the internet, talk about how awesome I am, and then get salty and call people jealous losers when they poke fun at me. Because this is what cool, secure winners at life do. Completely normal behavior for alpha males who are happy, successful and admired by all; go on an obscure internet forum full of male strangers and brag for affirmation.

lol, you guys are either trolling or have legit personality disorders. There's no understandable motivation for a normal grown man to be as obsessed with ridiculous shirt off shenanigans like you two. It's like you put a bunch of effort into something superficial, ignored other things that are more important and meaningful, then you realized nobody is impressed. They don't give a shit and they still don't like you so you ended up here.

It's really sad. I hope you can find a path to true happiness. Maybe try to see things in a more spiritual way? It's cool to work out and be in shape, that's just a small part of the bigger picture though. It's basic. Be more than basic. Be complex, be complete, be a man.
10 days ago
9/23/07
Lucas Maximus - 

Enjoying food is a feminine experience.  A real man eats for nourishment.

The things you eat based on your post are high glycemic and you have right there the formula for mood swings, low energy, a fatty liver, cellulite, general bloating, poor circulation and sexual performance, and eventually diabetes.

Make sure you moan while you stuff your face hole.  Stuff that hole and moan because you like it when your hole is geting stuffed.

LOL a real man does what he choses and is not concerned with people gatekeeping masculinity.