OtherGround Forums How Do RIPPED Dudes Enjoy Life?

6 days ago
9/27/15
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

the difference between me and you Karusu is your genetics were not meant to be passed on. you simply lack the work ethic and discipline to make it in just about every period in the history of mankind. A man like me would have captured you due to your lack of will power. I would have impregnated your woman and moved onto the next village it is only today's fruity society where a few seconds of mouth pleasure should dictate your moves.

never taken a steroid. dont count calories. pic taken yesterday. unleash your human potential. dont sit back and waltz over to whole foods like a fairy. put your son on your back and climb a mountain. or put your friends son on your back and climb a mountain like I did yesterday. buncha slack jawed cunts looking for every excuse in the book why they aren't willing to put in the work!

It's obvious if you truly never count calories nor live the majority of your life devoted to calorie deficit and hard training that you have above average genetics, without a doubt..you are in your late 30s? Very few guys I know at your age look like that without Trt or extreme dedication ..consider yourself lucky

I am 30. I know how much to eat based off my activity level. I eat a lot of the same food over and over. mostly steak, eggs, chicken, fish, quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds, avocados, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts. that makes up most of what I eat. I have extreme dedication in a sense that I get good quality sleep and pack in a ton of food, like I'm eating often when not even hungry because I need the calories etc. not to mention I train like an animal. I train with more purpose and intensity than every single person at my gym. I lift heavier weights for higher volume day after day after day whether I'm tired or not feeling like training or every other excuse in the book. and guess what? I enjoy living a life of structure. I eat for sustenance. to fuel my workouts and recovery. you can take the scapegoat of having better genetics to make yourself feel better but the truth is anyone can do it. I just want it badder than 99.999% of people. do you really want it? go listen to Eric Thomas's speech how bad do you want it? do you want it as much as you want to breathe? I dont think so. I do though. 

You are still young and have several more years of prime left..just wait until you are 37 or start slowing down, then you will realize you will likely need to step up your dedication..or go on TRT

Bruh, I'm bigger than you (at age 40) although not as lean so you are talking to the wrong guy if you think I don't want it as badly as you or that I don't train as hard lol..I've always had good genetics for putting on muscle and strength but not so much for being lean..it is what it is but I'm cutting up well now but it takes some deprivation

I don't need to listen to anyone else's speech in order to hit the weights hard :)
6 days ago
9/27/15
ProteinOverdrive - 
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I have 4 friends that are year round ripped, deep into their 30s. They're having the best time. Lifestyle is pretty normal, but they keep themselves in check at restaurants (meat and veg only) and sometimes drink bullshit like White Claw instead of lager. They do a hard hour a day at the gym and dial it back in when they need to. Their whole lives don't revolve around it. It's just something they're used to doing. 

I'd have to believe their genetics are pretty good though if they are ripped year round in their late 30s without devoting most of their life to it..it depends though as to how strict their daily eating habits are like though..but most genetically average guys in their late 30s generally need to really devote a lot of effort and energy into being ripped ...

You don't need good genetics, you just need to stay on top of it and not get out of shape like most people do when they hit adulthood.  If you simply make sure to workout several times per week and not sit on your ass every single weekend you would be amazed and how good you can look very late in life.  Its just that almost no one does that these days.  Once you get out of shape its an enormous pain in the ass to work your way back into shape because your body can't even handle a decent amount of volume.  You literally have to get back into shape just to be able to do enough work to actually make your body adapt in a noticible way.  If you always stay in decent shape you can ramp things up very quickly if you want to or coast for a while when life gets hectic, you just make sure to get a few workouts in and never completely lose it.

I just have to disagree..I'm 40 years old and I've been around the gym since my teens..I know lots of guys that have worked out for many years, some with strict diet, others not so much..I've seen the genetically gifted and others that weren't and imo, if you are in your late 30s, it will take much more than just adhering to a solid workout plans 4-5 days a week and never getting out of shape in order to be muscular and ripped..

I'm trying to think of the guys I know around my age that are muscular, ripped and lean that are not on Trt..ugh very few really but I'd like to hear more input from others on this

I agree. I think genetics plays a huge role and obviously good habits as well.

The problem is that the older you get, with the wife and kids, and the family, you adhere to good habits less and less. Are you going to skip dinner with your family cause you're watching your macros? This is when the genetics comes into play, they simple let you get away with more.

Agree 100% and this was my main point originally..for guys that work 60 hours a week, have a wife and kids and a very busy schedule, is it really worth depriving yourself most days of the week just so you have visible abs? Is it worth being grumpy at night for several days a week when you are out with your wife and kids because you are cutting? I personally would have to say that it probably isn't but yes, genetics play a big role in how dedicated you'd have to be here..

6 days ago
1/9/19

tonight dinner the GF made a Squid-Ink pasta with Seafood and a soupy broth from the Seafood plus CREAM, and Wine also a simple salad of tomato mozarella, fresh basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.  We drank a Rose wine.  I had one glass and one bowl and she had two glass and two bowls.  

now we will have a cocktail and watch a movie, perhaps some cocktail snack of fruit, dark chocolate, and nuts.  

I can't imagine choosing being RIPPED would be the greater pleasure over that FANTASTIC FEAST!  

6 days ago
1/9/19

so I'm still not convinced you Vanity Smurfs and you have yet to convert me to your lofty attraction to admiring yourself in the mirror can bring me more satisfaction than my GFs tasty cooking........

6 days ago
12/13/11
theraskal -

tonight dinner the GF made a Squid-Ink pasta with Seafood and a soupy broth from the Seafood plus CREAM, and Wine also a simple salad of tomato mozarella, fresh basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.  We drank a Rose wine.  I had one glass and one bowl and she had two glass and two bowls.  

now we will have a cocktail and watch a movie, perhaps some cocktail snack of fruit, dark chocolate, and nuts.  

I can't imagine choosing being RIPPED would be the greater pleasure over that FANTASTIC FEAST!  

I just had 50 pieces of beef short ribs, 4 tonkatsu, 4 beef teriyaki, 2 chicken teriyaki, 15 oyster motoyaki, 6 gomae, 25 pieces of salmon sashimi.

you seem to be confused by thinking you need to deprive yourself to be in good shape. it is the opposite. notice how I didn't really eat any carbs tho? augment your meals.  

Edited: 6 days ago
12/13/11
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

the difference between me and you Karusu is your genetics were not meant to be passed on. you simply lack the work ethic and discipline to make it in just about every period in the history of mankind. A man like me would have captured you due to your lack of will power. I would have impregnated your woman and moved onto the next village it is only today's fruity society where a few seconds of mouth pleasure should dictate your moves.

never taken a steroid. dont count calories. pic taken yesterday. unleash your human potential. dont sit back and waltz over to whole foods like a fairy. put your son on your back and climb a mountain. or put your friends son on your back and climb a mountain like I did yesterday. buncha slack jawed cunts looking for every excuse in the book why they aren't willing to put in the work!

It's obvious if you truly never count calories nor live the majority of your life devoted to calorie deficit and hard training that you have above average genetics, without a doubt..you are in your late 30s? Very few guys I know at your age look like that without Trt or extreme dedication ..consider yourself lucky

I am 30. I know how much to eat based off my activity level. I eat a lot of the same food over and over. mostly steak, eggs, chicken, fish, quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds, avocados, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts. that makes up most of what I eat. I have extreme dedication in a sense that I get good quality sleep and pack in a ton of food, like I'm eating often when not even hungry because I need the calories etc. not to mention I train like an animal. I train with more purpose and intensity than every single person at my gym. I lift heavier weights for higher volume day after day after day whether I'm tired or not feeling like training or every other excuse in the book. and guess what? I enjoy living a life of structure. I eat for sustenance. to fuel my workouts and recovery. you can take the scapegoat of having better genetics to make yourself feel better but the truth is anyone can do it. I just want it badder than 99.999% of people. do you really want it? go listen to Eric Thomas's speech how bad do you want it? do you want it as much as you want to breathe? I dont think so. I do though. 

You are still young and have several more years of prime left..just wait until you are 37 or start slowing down, then you will realize you will likely need to step up your dedication..or go on TRT

Bruh, I'm bigger than you (at age 40) although not as lean so you are talking to the wrong guy if you think I don't want it as badly as you or that I don't train as hard lol..I've always had good genetics for putting on muscle and strength but not so much for being lean..it is what it is but I'm cutting up well now but it takes some deprivation

I don't need to listen to anyone else's speech in order to hit the weights hard :)

did you look like I do at 30? did you at 20? I've heard guys say oh wait till you're my age but they didn't look anything like I do at any age. look at stray dog.  there's plenty of examples like him in great shape In their 40s.  I dont see why I can't look good when Im 40. 

post a pic. wanna see what your bigger than me looks like.  

5 days ago
1/9/19
Neil McCauley -
theraskal -

I just had 50 pieces of beef short ribs, 4 tonkatsu, 4 beef teriyaki, 2 chicken teriyaki, 15 oyster motoyaki, 6 gomae, 25 pieces of salmon sashimi.

you seem to be confused by thinking you need to deprive yourself to be in good shape. it is the opposite. notice how I didn't really eat any carbs tho? augment your meals.  

that much meat seems unhealthy.  So RIPPED really is a VANITY obsession and not a derivative  of Healthy Living?  

for breakfast I enjoyed fresh prepared madeleine cookies and a robust coffe with CREAM!  happiness is good medicine :)

World's oldest living man, 112, credits longevity to desserts

Masazo Nonaka loves sweets, soaking in hot springs, watching sumo wrestling and his daily newspaper.-----

https://www.today.com/health/world-s-oldest-living-man-112-credits-longevity-desserts-t126908

5 days ago
12/13/11
theraskal -
Neil McCauley -
theraskal -

that much meat seems unhealthy.  So RIPPED really is a VANITY obsession and not a derivative  of Healthy Living?  

for breakfast I enjoyed fresh prepared madeleine cookies and a robust coffe with CREAM!  happiness is good medicine :)

World's oldest living man, 112, credits longevity to desserts

Masazo Nonaka loves sweets, soaking in hot springs, watching sumo wrestling and his daily newspaper.-----

https://www.today.com/health/world-s-oldest-living-man-112-credits-longevity-desserts-t126908

it might seem that way to a sissy like you but seeming is not reality. 

for breakfast I had 8 whole eggs, 1 avocado, 10 Brazil nuts, and a baked sweet potato. all chopped up and mixed with a little sriracha on top. delicious. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
OP capitalizes "CREAM" everytime he use the word. Is it that big of a deal? I don't eat any cream food.

I knew a guy that was like that about Papa John's garlic sauce. "Papa Johns? Get extra garlic SAUCE bro! That fucking SAUCE is amazing?"

Fuck the cream, Fuck the sauce.
5 days ago
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

did you look like I do at 30? did you at 20? I've heard guys say oh wait till you're my age but they didn't look anything like I do at any age. look at stray dog.  there's plenty of examples like him in great shape In their 40s.  I dont see why I can't look good when Im 40. 

For me it’s all about diet at this point. At 45 I’m not making significant gains in the gym anymore. 

I look significantly bigger at a ripped 200 pounds than I do at a fluffy 220. The reality is that that I look fairly average in clothes and there’s plenty of OGers in here that I know irl who can attest to that. 

I love food as much as the next guy but I’ve refined my diet to the point where I can eat foods I love but focus on portion control. I’m almost never hungry or feel like I’m depriving myself. 

Like Neil I don’t have to count calories to make significant changes in my physique although using myfitnesspal the last two years has made my cuts way more effective. 

5 days ago
12/13/11
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

For me it’s all about diet at this point. At 45 I’m not making significant gains in the gym anymore. 

I look significantly bigger at a ripped 200 pounds than I do at a fluffy 220. The reality is that that I look fairly average in clothes and there’s plenty of OGers in here that I know irl who can attest to that. 

I love food as much as the next guy but I’ve refined my diet to the point where I can eat foods I love but focus on portion control. I’m almost never hungry or feel like I’m depriving myself. 

Like Neil I don’t have to count calories to make significant changes in my physique although using myfitnesspal the last two years has made my cuts way more effective. 

good stuff brother. there are way too many insulin resistant pigs out there like OP.  he has to stuff himself with carbs and sweets to avoid going into withdrawal. it is sad but also self imposed misery. 

5 days ago
12/13/11

5 days ago
2/23/12

I used to be a lot more into lifting weights and being in shape and found that when I was in the routine of going to the gym 5 times a week and knowing what and when to eat it was just second nature and didn’t really feel like dedication or particularly difficult but once I fell out of it because I got a hernia and couldn’t train for months it was really difficult to slip back into my old regimen

4 days ago
3/27/03
ons ear -
ProteinOverdrive - 
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I have 4 friends that are year round ripped, deep into their 30s. They're having the best time. Lifestyle is pretty normal, but they keep themselves in check at restaurants (meat and veg only) and sometimes drink bullshit like White Claw instead of lager. They do a hard hour a day at the gym and dial it back in when they need to. Their whole lives don't revolve around it. It's just something they're used to doing. 

I'd have to believe their genetics are pretty good though if they are ripped year round in their late 30s without devoting most of their life to it..it depends though as to how strict their daily eating habits are like though..but most genetically average guys in their late 30s generally need to really devote a lot of effort and energy into being ripped ...

You don't need good genetics, you just need to stay on top of it and not get out of shape like most people do when they hit adulthood.  If you simply make sure to workout several times per week and not sit on your ass every single weekend you would be amazed and how good you can look very late in life.  Its just that almost no one does that these days.  Once you get out of shape its an enormous pain in the ass to work your way back into shape because your body can't even handle a decent amount of volume.  You literally have to get back into shape just to be able to do enough work to actually make your body adapt in a noticible way.  If you always stay in decent shape you can ramp things up very quickly if you want to or coast for a while when life gets hectic, you just make sure to get a few workouts in and never completely lose it.

I just have to disagree..I'm 40 years old and I've been around the gym since my teens..I know lots of guys that have worked out for many years, some with strict diet, others not so much..I've seen the genetically gifted and others that weren't and imo, if you are in your late 30s, it will take much more than just adhering to a solid workout plans 4-5 days a week and never getting out of shape in order to be muscular and ripped..

I'm trying to think of the guys I know around my age that are muscular, ripped and lean that are not on Trt..ugh very few really but I'd like to hear more input from others on this

The problem is that the older you get, with the wife and kids, and the family, you adhere to good habits less and less. Are you going to skip dinner with your family cause you're watching your macros? This is when the genetics comes into play, they simple let you get away with more.

Agree 100% and this was my main point originally..for guys that work 60 hours a week, have a wife and kids and a very busy schedule, is it really worth depriving yourself most days of the week just so you have visible abs? Is it worth being grumpy at night for several days a week when you are out with your wife and kids because you are cutting? I personally would have to say that it probably isn't but yes, genetics play a big role in how dedicated you'd have to be here..

When you say “deprive yourself” do you mean eat like a pig?

I’d rather get complimented and flirted with than eat a whole chocolate cake 

4 days ago
4/9/19
jacktripper -
ons ear -
ProteinOverdrive - 
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I think many people have a difficult time sacrificing wants in the now in exchange for benefits later.  What they want now is right in front of them, it's real.  The "later" is hypothetical.  It doesn't seem "real".  The chocolate cake is right here now, the flirting "may" happen later.  I think that's why many people will always be poor, or fat, or unhealthy.  Jordan Peterson touches on this frequently.  

I've had that problem, but I've learned better.  Jiu Jitsu helped me in many ways.  That was one of them.  

4 days ago
5/4/14

Live and let live. Don’t judge others for their choices or lifestyle unless it somehow affects you personally. 

As much as fitness is part of my lifestyle I don’t expect others to follow suit. Fitness is a personal thing and not something everyone values. 

If cooking and eating bring you happiness then more power to you. 

There’s nothing worse than some fitness competitor/trainer posting inspirational memes or personal rants on social media like they’re curing cancer simply because they get their ass to the gym and eat well. 

4 days ago
1/9/19
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

good stuff brother. there are way too many insulin resistant pigs out there like OP.  he has to stuff himself with carbs and sweets to avoid going into withdrawal. it is sad but also self imposed misery. 

pigs out there like OP. -----

yeah the SMART ones enoying a good meal in their LUXURY townhome lauging at the HOGGISH GORGING-on-FLESH eating HUFF&PUFFERS while he is singing "who's afraid of big bad cardio, big bad carbs, big bad pastries" causing them to suffer the misery of having their cake but not being able to enjoy it LOL

4 days ago
1/9/19
jacktripper -
ons ear -
ProteinOverdrive - 
ons ear -
Hurtsogood - 
ons ear -
Bobby Lupo - 

I don't eat a WHOLE chocolate cake LOL, I just enjoy a hearty masculine portion to fuel my ACTIVE lifestlye OUTSIDE instead of counting calories of BLAND food and living inside the HAMSTER HABITAT fitness facility.  

4 days ago
1/9/19

and last night dinner, THAI cuisine:

duck fried rice, boat noodles, papaya salad.  Lots of CARBS, FAT, and SUGAR, plenty of veggies, and VERY TASTY yeilding a joyful experience of satisfaction!

4 days ago
1/1/01
theraskal - 
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

yeah the SMART ones enoying a good meal in their LUXURY townhome lauging at the HOGGISH GORGING-on-FLESH eating HUFF&PUFFERS while he is singing "who's afraid of big bad cardio, big bad carbs, big bad pastries" causing them to suffer the misery of having their cake but not being able to enjoy it LOL

They can move around their townhome like a lemur while OP drudges about like a bloated buffalo LOL. BIG WIN for lemur-movement!
4 days ago
11/5/03
Straydog24 -

Live and let live. Don’t judge others for their choices or lifestyle unless it somehow affects you personally. 

As much as fitness is part of my lifestyle I don’t expect others to follow suit. Fitness is a personal thing and not something everyone values. 

If cooking and eating bring you happiness then more power to you. 

There’s nothing worse than some fitness competitor/trainer posting inspirational memes or personal rants on social media like they’re curing cancer simply because they get their ass to the gym and eat well. 

There is something worse. Much worse. 

This thread and all the others like it where we keep crossing past the event horizon. 

4 days ago
1/9/19
j-money -
theraskal - 
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

They can move around their townhome like a lemur while OP drudges about like a bloated buffalo LOL. BIG WIN for lemur-movement!

yeah Lemurs like me which LOVE carbs and cardio!

4 days ago
1/9/19
theraskal -

Is Getting Ripped Worth It?

However, I found myself getting weaker and weaker athletically speaking as my roadmap to getting ripped progressed. I was basically on a body builder’s diet which was pretty much all protein and little-to-no carbohydrates. I found myself lifting less and less weight and being fatigued more quickly in the pool as my body fat dropped.

What I can say about “getting ripped” in the look-at-me-I’m-so-ripped-and-good-looking sense is that it isn’t worth it. It takes a ridiculous amount of work both in terms of adherence to a strict diet and a lot of exercise. Also, once you get to that point, then what? Stay ripped and miss out on eating a cookie every now and then? Screw that. I can also say that even though I looked very athletic I felt weaker than I was at my normal athletic shape when I was consuming plenty of carbohydrates, occasionally allowing my inner fat kid to come out and splurge on $15 of Taco Bell in one sitting (yet still exercising regularly).----------

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/is-getting-ripped-worth-i_b_1321228

seems like "SOME" posters need to RE-READ this SUPPORTING DATA:

"However, I found myself getting weaker and weaker athletically"----(article)

4 days ago
12/13/11
theraskal - 
j-money -
theraskal - 
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -
Neil McCauley -
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 
ons ear -
Neil McCauley - 

yeah Lemurs like me which LOVE carbs and cardio!

there is no chance you love any kind of exercise, let alone cardio. btw there is nothing easier than cardio. the only hard part of cardio is the wear on your attention span. keeping your heart rate about about 145 beats per minute is painfully easy. You walk away like you accomplished nothing. I still cant see you doing any of that anyway. Lets see you throw up a pic of a cardio workout you did. I will post some real "cardio".
4 days ago
12/13/11

average of 184 beats per minute. 192ish at certain points towards the end.