OtherGround Forums How to shoot real guns in your own house - By Kane

Edited: 14 days ago
3/8/11

So I'm obviously needing to kill time, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing how I practice my cowboy action shooting and quick draw in the house. These are real guns, with real shells, but loaded with only a primer and a wax bullet. The primers I use do about 400fps. I made a video that demonstrates it a bit, and I'll throw some pictures up too. 

This really only works in revolvers as its not powerful enough to cycle a semi-auto, though you could do one shot at a time to practice drawing and shooting. Any questions, hit me up. (also, I have no idea how to embed video.)

14 days ago
3/8/11
TFK_Kaneman82 -

So I'm obviously needing to kill time, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing how I practice my cowboy action shooting and quick draw in the house. These are real guns, with real shells, but loaded with only a primer and a wax bullet. The primers I use do about 400fps. I made a video that demonstrates it a bit, and I'll throw some pictures up too. 

This really only works in revolvers as its not powerful enough to cycle a semi-auto, though you could do one shot at a time to practice drawing and shooting. Any questions, hit me up. (also, I have no idea how to embed video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wHqI90dEg

14 days ago
7/2/07
Private video wants me to sign in with permission.
14 days ago
6/25/18

Be careful you'll shoot your eye out kid

14 days ago
3/8/11
williepep - Private video wants me to sign in with permission.

Goddamnit. Ok, I'm working on it.

14 days ago
1/9/02

does the wax gum up the rifling in the barel?

14 days ago
10/6/02
ya video s private. To bad because I wanted to see
14 days ago
3/8/11

Ahhh....there we go gents.

14 days ago
3/8/11
gregbrady -

does the wax gum up the rifling in the barel?

Yes, you use a special cleaner to get it all out.

14 days ago
3/8/11

TTT for working video.

14 days ago
1/1/01
Primers are so scarce now that I don't want to waste any...
14 days ago
3/8/11
billyball2 - Primers are so scarce now that I don't want to waste any...

Tell me about it. I ordered 5,000 a while ago.

14 days ago
1/1/01

Worked for me

14 days ago
3/8/11
Russ -

Worked for me

Sexy huh?

14 days ago
1/1/01
Cool video. I especially like the jangle of your spurs.
14 days ago
7/12/06

Primers have been really hard to find in my area. 

14 days ago
12/29/06

I used to shoot CB caps from my .22 rifle in the basement back in the day. Have to be careful if it uses fulminate of mercury as a propellant as it gives of a hazardous gas/vapor.

14 days ago
10/16/10
Pretty neat
14 days ago
7/2/07
Thread title could be scary for average people, but this video is pure OG.

A friend of a friend was big into that cowboy action shooting, They used to show up in the clothing for every holiday this guy hosted at his house.

It was always funny because you had a selection of cowboy action shooters, martial arts people, gym body building people, just average people, and people that owned businesses. This guy owned some very successful businesses. I never asked any questions just showed up ate, enjoyed conversation.

14 days ago
4/27/11

Do you dress like that on a regular basis or just for the videos? I’m not making fun just curious. Can you drive with spurs on? 

14 days ago
1/1/01

Cool!

14 days ago
6/20/13
TFK_Kaneman82 -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

Nice toe, Homeslice.

14 days ago
3/8/11
cuzzi -

Do you dress like that on a regular basis or just for the videos? I’m not making fun just curious. Can you drive with spurs on? 

Pretty much, not usually with spurs, but I did today to go run around since I already had them on. They don't bother me driving and they sound cool, lol

14 days ago
3/8/11
RonysTorresIceBag -
TFK_Kaneman82 -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

Nice toe, Homeslice.

LOL!!!!

14 days ago
3/23/07

Great video bud!