OtherGround Forums How you gunna put Jaimie Foxx in Robin Hood?

13 days ago
12/29/12

Yeah everybody in Robin Hood is white because it’s 14th century England and everybody was white, what the fuck are you doing Hollywood? Rhetorical question, I know what you’re doing but it’s dumb as hell and also stop. 

13 days ago
4/11/10

Dave Chappelle should reprise his role as Achoo. 

13 days ago
12/29/12
Poleeko -

Wouldn’t be the same without Asneeze. 

13 days ago
5/18/11

The commercials make it look like a direct to dvd movie, looks very low budget and awful, don't know how jamie foxx even got the role.

13 days ago
3/2/11

Chinese King Lear.

Eskimo Hamlet.

These are the real things I need to see.

13 days ago
1/1/01

13 days ago
5/19/17

Morgan Freeman was in Prince of Thieves.  But as a Moor, who travelled after the Crusades.

The story has to justify it of course.

They cant have him being little john or something.

Having said all that I just remembered Costner and Slater had North American accents while in Sherwood Forest too.  

13 days ago
4/19/09
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

Yeah everybody in Robin Hood is white because it’s 14th century England and everybody was white, what the fuck are you doing Hollywood? Rhetorical question, I know what you’re doing but it’s dumb as hell and also stop. 

There was always a black muslim guy in Robin hood,. The "Saracen", fucking ignorant prick. 

13 days ago
12/29/12
Huggsbear -

The commercials make it look like a direct to dvd movie, looks very low budget and awful, don't know how jamie foxx even got the role.

I’m assuming it’s a case of needing to make a Robin Hood film or losing the rights to produce further Robin Hood films but without any actual desire to make one. Looks like absolute shit, won’t make any money and it’ll be slaughtered by critics so it just seems pointless otherwise. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

13 days ago
12/29/12
Ghengiseanie -
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

There was always a black muslim guy in Robin hood,. The "Saracen", fucking ignorant prick. 

You mean an Arab and not Jaimie Foxx? Sure. 

13 days ago
1/3/18
ABCTT_IDOHARM -
Poleeko -

Wouldn’t be the same without Asneeze. 

King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is?!!!

13 days ago
5/19/17

I just checked it out.  Foxx is playing Little John, and it looks like he is the hero.

Here he is next to Robin Hood.

13 days ago
1/13/11

I’m ok with it. Freeman was great in prince of thieves 

13 days ago
12/29/12

Breaking boundaries and fucking everything up!
13 days ago
12/29/12
DavidYorkshire -

I just checked it out.  Foxx is playing Little John, and it looks like he is the hero.

Holy fuck he’s legit playing little John? Didn’t think they’d wild each it. 

13 days ago
4/19/09
ABCTT_IDOHARM -
Ghengiseanie -
ABCTT_IDOHARM -

You mean an Arab and not Jaimie Foxx? Sure. 

Lol I mean black guy. Bilal the first muezzin (call to prayer) Was a black guy with a lisp. 

13 days ago
4/19/09

we also know that ancient British were actually black.
13 days ago
1/1/01

Don't worry, Jamie won't fuck up the ending so he's King at the end of it or anything....lol 

13 days ago
5/19/17

Trailer.

Looks terrible.

Its just a Lord of the Rings type action movie with a Robin Hood theme.

No feeling of authenticity or historical time period.

13 days ago
4/19/09

10000 years ago
13 days ago
1/1/01
ABCTT_IDOHARM - 
DavidYorkshire -

Little John? The bbc jokes practically write themselves
13 days ago
10/27/05
Ghengiseanie - 

10000 years ago

So the overhwelming evidence we have from history doesn't count, but DNA analysis from 10,000 years ago does?

How does that apply to times that we actually have recorded history that shows they were a massive minority?

13 days ago
1/18/06
ABCTT_IDOHARM - 
DavidYorkshire -

Just wondering what the issue is? Little John has almost no history before robin hood in any writing. No backstory, no origin, nothing.

If I remember correctly he should be 7 feet tall, which I am okay with him not being so long as he is physically more imposing than Robin, and kicked Robin's ass in their duel at the river with a quarterstaff when Little John tried to mug him.

Fine by me!

13 days ago
1/1/01

Does the movie have armored hot air ships also?  It needs them