OtherGround Forums "I Can't Breathe.." AGAIN!??!

7 days ago
1/9/19

A family in California say their Navy veteran son died after police knelt on his neck for nearly 5 minutes during mental heath crisis

Quinto's family told the San Francisco Chronicle that Quinto experienced paranoia and anxiety, and his sister called 911 when he started acting erratically on December 23.

When police arrived, Quinto on the floor in his mother Cassandra Quinto-Collins's arms. Officers then flipped Quinto on to his stomach to restrain him, The Chronicle reported.

A lawyer for Quinto's family, John Burris, told Insider that Quinto had pleaded for his life as the police officers restrained him.

"Police came and snatched him from his mom," Burris said. "He said 'please don't kill me,' and officers said 'We're not going to do that,' and yet they did.-----

https://www.insider.com/angelo-quinto-death-family-says-police-knelt-on-his-neck-2021-2

7 days ago
1/9/19

....but this:

"However, Burris announced last week that Quinto's family planned to sue the Antioch Police Department and filed a legal claim in court officially announcing his plan."-----(arcticle)

seems suspicious....maybe a family disupte that could have been better resolved and maybe the family must bear some of the burden of blame and responsibility in this sad and unfortunate situation?

7 days ago
6/3/03

I would think that we would want to wait for the facts to come out before passing judgement, no?

7 days ago
1/9/19
BidenVoter - 

I would think that we would want to wait for the facts to come out before passing judgement, no?

that's why I did QUESTION marks and also QUESTIONED ALL INVOLVED in the matter

7 days ago
6/30/07

I would like to ask everyone that will post on this thread- have you personally ever had to "therapeutically restrain" a full grown adult male?

7 days ago
10/15/13
Mountain Medic -

I would like to ask everyone that will post on this thread- have you personally ever had to "therapeutically restrain" a full grown adult male?

Have you considered the ones that will scream the loudest in this thread are not full grown adult males?

7 days ago
6/7/05
People need top realize that the cops are not the fire department getting a kitty down from a tree. If you call them, it should be because the situation is already dangerous, and you have to know they aren't magicians or mindreaders and are going to protect themselves first.
7 days ago
1/1/01
Any looting, burning, rioting yet?
7 days ago
12/17/06
Mountain Medic -

Yes. Heroin addict going through withdrawal. Even as scrawny as he was, it was not easy. Almost dislocated his shoulder

7 days ago
5/14/08
Al Cappucino -
Mountain Medic -

Have you considered the ones that will scream the loudest in this thread are not full grown adult males?

Imagine how hard it is to hold down a 5’4” lemur?

Edited: 7 days ago
11/9/10
Mountain Medic -

Doesn’t matter. They should have a magic button to push to subdue non cooperative people that are posing a danger to themselves or the cops. 

7 days ago
1/1/01

Stop enabling your family. If they're fucked up cut em loose before they get violent. There's all kinds of resources out there to help you find the signs. 

7 days ago
4/4/12
Mountain Medic - 

look at almost every non american industrialized country. they all do it without killing people. quite easily. american police are severely undertrained and the culture to escalate to the highest level is something that needs to be reversed.

i guarantee if european consultants trained american police and changed the culture, within ONE calendar year you would see the officer relateed death toll drop by at least a third. 

7 days ago
1/9/19
rexkwondo79 - 
Mountain Medic - 

look at almost every non american industrialized country. they all do it without killing people. quite easily. american police are severely undertrained and the culture to escalate to the highest level is something that needs to be reversed.

i guarantee if european consultants trained american police and changed the culture, within ONE calendar year you would see the officer relateed death toll drop by at least a third. 

great point!  Other FIRST WORLD Nations don't seem to have this problem

7 days ago
10/2/12

Antioch is a shithole. I have nothing else to add. 

7 days ago
2/3/09

Too many details missing from that story, as it's not adding up....According to the lawyer, the guy was 100% healthy, with no issues....he just randomly goes crazy out of the blue on Dec 23 and they call police. Police arrive, dude is already on the floor in the mom's arms?They roll him over, arrest him, hold him down/goes unconscious or "kill him", but he actually dies in hospital on the 26th? The autopsy/toxicology report will tell the real story here 

7 days ago
1/1/01
Mountain Medic -

I’ve restrained many men. Not sure if any of them fit this though. 

9/30/09
Mountain Medic -

Yes. A few friends who were drunk and 1 who had a diabetic seizure till the cops came. And many times with my 6’7 309lb father while in diabetic shock, and I poured orange juice in his mouth. Messy. But he lived. 
   I come  from a police family. I’m not bashing cops. But I can say I’ve been roughed up by cops and the friend I mentioned in diabetic shock. The cops just assumed he was high on something. They knelt on his neck while he was seizing and he began scrubbing his face against the carpet. After he got out of the hospital it look he fell off a motorcycle and had the worst case of road rash all over his face. He was 15 and barely weighed 150 it was in 99-00. I’ll ask if he’ll send me the pics to post. Cops were way out of line. 

11/9/10
theraskal -
rexkwondo79 - 
Mountain Medic - 

great point!  Other FIRST WORLD Nations don't seem to have this problem

They also don’t have violent street gangs, drug issues on our level, better mental health care, and they do have a healthy respect for law enforcement. 

7 days ago
8/19/06
TFK_HossPearson - 

Antioch is a shithole. I have nothing else to add. 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention this.
7 days ago
2/11/14

will bernie ever stop?
7 days ago
8/7/12
rexkwondo79 -
Mountain Medic - 

Here is the issue. For the large majority of us with our heads screwed on correctly, all this police "violence" you foreigner shitheads see on the news. Does not faze us because we understand that if it got to that point, it was probably necessary to de-esculate the situation. If in the process of making a scene safe for others and bystanders someone has to place a knee on the back of someones neck. Then for the most part we are okay with it. 

Now for you pansy ass mfers in your safe spaces I leave you with a bit of wisdom........

"DON'T START NO SHIT AND THERE WILL BE NO SHIT". 

Learn to live by those words and you too can enjoy life like the rest of us who the cops DONT HAVE TO KEEP IN LINE because we actually follow the laws and regulations that govern this great country.  

Rexflexy, how's that goat treating you? You still keeping him lubed up? 

7 days ago
6/7/05
I feel for people who are in true "grey area" domestic or mental health situations where they aren't sure if there is potential for violence of self harm or not, but you HAVE to know that calling on the state to handle a potentially dangerous issue means that the state will do its best, but they will most definitely err on the side of risking the life of the subject over their own lives, and that makes things more dangerous for everyone else. Like government itself, people should think of police and 911 as a sometimes necessary evil hat should be avoided whenever possible.
7 days ago
9/28/20
sadic1 - I feel for people who are in true "grey area" domestic or mental health situations where they aren't sure if there is potential for violence of self harm or not, but you HAVE to know that calling on the state to handle a potentially dangerous issue means that the state will do its best, but they will most definitely err on the side of risking the life of the subject over their own lives, and that makes things more dangerous for everyone else. Like government itself, people should think of police and 911 as a sometimes necessary evil hat should be avoided whenever possible.

Troof

7 days ago
3/25/11

I was just about to go put my boots back on and get my hammer before heading downtown to expropriate some shit from auto zone. 

Then I clicked the link OP provided and saw the picture. Never mind.