OtherGround Forums I Have A Legit Scary Story

1/24/12 1:44 AM
1/10/12
 This dude Cameron I work with is into hiking and jumping on boulders or some shit, and so he's outdoorsey.  He was telling me that a few years back he was in the woods with his gf and they found a nice clearing to pitch their tent and camp.  They didn't build a fire or anything, and their tent was one of those zip up ones so they were inside of it when it started to rain.
Cameron says they fell asleep and it rained throughout the night.  When they woke up the next morning there were tracks in the mud around the tent that came from the woods.  They were boot prints.  During the night someone had circled their tent several times, then knelt down outside the zip door.

He said after that he bought a gun and never goes into the woods without it.

Anyone?
1/24/12 1:50 AM
6/8/09
It was probably the property owner wondering who the fuck was trespassing on his land.
1/24/12 1:54 AM
1/13/10
maybe he wanted to Fap
1/24/12 1:55 AM
8/15/11
That's why I don't go camping. Creepy places are Creepy! Phone Post
1/24/12 1:55 AM
1/10/12
 Cameron said they never heard anything, but they could tell by the tracks that whoever it was spent a good amount of time outside their tent pacing around.  He couldn't figure out why someone would do that.  They never saw flashlights, so whoever it was was in the dark, in the rain.  And it wasn't private land, it was a national forest on fed land.

Anyone else got any stories?
1/24/12 1:58 AM
11/28/09
Yea, never liked camping but holy shit
1/24/12 2:04 AM
5/8/10
Probably a bear on stilts with boots on the bottom. Phone Post
1/24/12 2:15 AM
7/23/08
DMBpig -  Probably a bear on stilts with boots on the bottom. Phone Post

I chuckled

And I like the SN
1/24/12 2:48 AM
8/23/10
 omg soo scary
1/24/12 2:51 AM
5/15/06
 here's one for you guys

Working on a drilling rig in the middle of nowhere- the rig was shut down so we had one guy who was on night watch ensureing the rig didn't freeze up or that nobody stole any of the tools. When I show up in the morning none of the work that I hade requested done outside was completed. So the next night, I went to the rig with him to make sure all the work got done. 

We had completed everything that needed servicing inside, and it was time to go and do some oilchanges on some of the motors outside. I said "let's go and do that gen motor" he tells me that there is no way he is going outside. I was pissed and asked him what his deal was and let him know I was about to skid him. He let's out a sigh and says he didn't want to tell me something becasue he thought I would think he was crazy. His story:

The previous night he was outside doing this and that, then took a break to eat his lunch. He had eaten his sandwich, but put an apple on the hood of the truck (whole). When he came back after a few minutes, the apple was still there, but there was a bite out of it and it was placed back on the hood of the truck again. So some person had come out of the bush, in the middle of nowhere, taken a bite out of his apple, and left it back on the hood of the truck where he could find it. He wasn't lying, I could see it in his face.

Needles to say we changed the oil in the lightplant, but I did carry around a long flathead screwdriver for the rest of the night. I don't know what was more frightning, the story or the serious look of fear on his face about going outside after listening to the story. 
Edited: 8/11/15 3:45 PM
8/19/11

1/24/12 2:57 AM
1/13/10
I was about 11, just got done watching "When A Stranger Calls Back 2", if you've seen the movie, you understand the first 15 minutes is probably the freakiest scene ever....it was around 11 pm, just me and my mom, and someone knocks on the door...I start getting nervous, the dude says his car is broken down and needs to use the phone, told my mom forget that, don't open the door...told him we couldn't help..and he eventually leaves...lol
1/24/12 3:00 AM
3/16/10
thewellhungarian -  here's one for you guys

Working on a drilling rig in the middle of nowhere- the rig was shut down so we had one guy who was on night watch ensureing the rig didn't freeze up or that nobody stole any of the tools. When I show up in the morning none of the work that I hade requested done outside was completed. So the next night, I went to the rig with him to make sure all the work got done. 

We had completed everything that needed servicing inside, and it was time to go and do some oilchanges on some of the motors outside. I said "let's go and do that gen motor" he tells me that there is no way he is going outside. I was pissed and asked him what his deal was and let him know I was about to skid him. He let's out a sigh and says he didn't want to tell me something becasue he thought I would think he was crazy. His story:

The previous night he was outside doing this and that, then took a break to eat his lunch. He had eaten his sandwich, but put an apple on the hood of the truck (whole). When he came back after a few minutes, the apple was still there, but there was a bite out of it and it was placed back on the hood of the truck again. So some person had come out of the bush, in the middle of nowhere, taken a bite out of his apple, and left it back on the hood of the truck where he could find it. He wasn't lying, I could see it in his face.

Needles to say we changed the oil in the lightplant, but I did carry around a long flathead screwdriver for the rest of the night. I don't know what was more frightning, the story or the serious look of fear on his face about going outside after listening to the story. 

Where on the rigs did you work?
1/24/12 3:02 AM
7/14/08
This one time, I was walking in the woods and happened upon a tent with a couple in it. I circled the tent a few time. Masterbated into the food container they had hung from a tree branch and then left. Phone Post
1/24/12 3:06 AM
9/17/10
I was awtching I shouldnt be Alive on discovery channel i think

Theres a story where this old man makes friends with these two guys while they were hiking,something like that, when they were drinking together around the campfire the guy randomly shoots both of them without saying a word, they both survived but oddly sounds familiar lolo

The police said a similar story happened years back at a different forest but those two, a man and a woman, did not get away
1/24/12 3:07 AM
5/15/06
Mike Litoris - 
thewellhungarian -  here's one for you guys

Where on the rigs did you work?
All over the world, right now in Albania, but Canada, US, wherever the work is and the most pay, I go

1/24/12 3:10 AM
9/17/10
I have a weird short story

This last Christmas my dad, cousins were sitting on the dinner table, my dad asked us if we seen what he saw, my cousin said yeah but i didnt, because i had no view of the window to the front door.
They said what it looked like was a man putting on a jacket at the front door, but there was no one there?

I was freaked out a lil bit lol
1/24/12 3:13 AM
9/4/02
MickColins - This one time, I was walking in the woods and happened upon a tent with a couple in it. I circled the tent a few time. Masterbated into the food container they had hung from a tree branch and then left. Phone Post

lmao

there are some gems on this thread
1/24/12 3:21 AM
10/26/10
Subd for stories Phone Post
Edited: 1/24/12 3:21 AM
1/13/10
I'm the bat boy on my brother's traveling summer league baseball team...we're in Reno and I'm about 12-13.....about 1:30 am my bro and about six other players are BSing, playing cards...one of the players said, "Hold up, Hold Up", listen to this...he turns up the CD player, this is at the time "Hailmary" comes out by 2pac, and the "Suge Shot Me", in the beginning of the CD was a big talk with everyone, we hear this a few times, thinking we've solved the murder lol..and then boom, all the damn lights go out, and whoever was up stairs, sprints down the stairs in the dark yelling lol...weird coincidence....
1/24/12 3:22 AM
1/1/01

Worst and scariest experience of my life was camping with a couple kids during college.

We lost our map & compass and got COMPLETELY lost and had to sleep another night. We ran out of food and although we all tried to keep it light, we were all terrified.

We hiked for about 5 or 6 hours the next day, following a river bed only to arrive back at the EXACT same spot we had slept at the night before. It was devastating.

We spent the night again in our tent and in the dark some people started throwing rocks at our tent. It was like a hail of rocks in the pitch black, We bolted through the woods, no gear, no lights. It was sheer terror.

1/24/12 3:26 AM
12/20/09
shen -

Worst and scariest experience of my life was camping with a couple kids during college.

We lost our map & compass and got COMPLETELY lost and had to sleep another night. We ran out of food and although we all tried to keep it light, we were all terrified.

We hiked for about 5 or 6 hours the next day, following a river bed only to arrive back at the EXACT same spot we had slept at the night before. It was devastating.

We spent the night again in our tent and in the dark some people started throwing rocks at our tent. It was like a hail of rocks in the pitch black, We bolted through the woods, no gear, no lights. It was sheer terror.

What happened? Phone Post
1/24/12 3:27 AM
5/15/06
shen - 

Are you sure they didn't just leave little piles of rocks and some dolls made out of hay hanging in the trees? If so, that was me.

1/24/12 3:29 AM
1/1/01
thewellhungarian - 
shen - 

Are you sure they didn't just leave little piles of rocks and some dolls made out of hay hanging in the trees? If so, that was me.

Oh my god... it was YOU!
1/24/12 3:31 AM
12/20/09
Oh Blair witch. ..ha. Phone Post