OtherGround Forums I Have A Legit Scary Story

8 days ago
10/31/07

Yassss thanks for the story. I always like stories that are less supernatural and more real like that one. A dude following you on South America is crazy scary and real af. 

7 days ago
5/28/03

could a pishtaco kill a skinwalker and harvest it's fat?

what if one of them was gay???

7 days ago
6/8/10
schoech1 -

I've got several stories but the first is about my mother.  She is 70 yrs old this year and has been an ICU nurse for the last 35.  I can remember as a kid when she went back to school and got her rn from an lpn.  My mom has always been a relatively tough person.  Grew up in the south very poor until she met my father.  She was not an easy person to grow up with.  For the last 25 years she has worked nights on fri sat sun only in the ICU unit.  She doesn't like chit chat with the patients or their family members.  I asked her once if she ever had any weird experiences when people died.  Very matter of factly she has had to tell people to go on from the hospital.  There is a lag between when people die and their body is collected.  She has had to tell several people going to the bathroom that they were dead.  She says it's sort of nonchalant at this point even though the young nurses have problems accepting what she says about it.  

Damn, that is strange. It made me call my mom and ask her if she ever had this happen. She was an ICU and Trauma Med/Surg nurse for about 20 years unfortunately no cool stories. 

6 days ago
10/31/07
jasperb -
schoech1 -

I've got several stories but the first is about my mother.  She is 70 yrs old this year and has been an ICU nurse for the last 35.  I can remember as a kid when she went back to school and got her rn from an lpn.  My mom has always been a relatively tough person.  Grew up in the south very poor until she met my father.  She was not an easy person to grow up with.  For the last 25 years she has worked nights on fri sat sun only in the ICU unit.  She doesn't like chit chat with the patients or their family members.  I asked her once if she ever had any weird experiences when people died.  Very matter of factly she has had to tell people to go on from the hospital.  There is a lag between when people die and their body is collected.  She has had to tell several people going to the bathroom that they were dead.  She says it's sort of nonchalant at this point even though the young nurses have problems accepting what she says about it.  

Damn, that is strange. It made me call my mom and ask her if she ever had this happen. She was an ICU and Trauma Med/Surg nurse for about 20 years unfortunately no cool stories. 

I worked night shift in a hospital for 9 years, my mother for about 30. Neither of us have any stories of ghost or anything. It’s mostly why I don’t believe in ghost at all. I’ve seen about a hundred people die in my life, like right in front of me, and while I worked in the hospital thousands died in there, and thousands more before I worked there. You’re talking about what? 10....20 thousand people in a hospital in a couple decades, I’ve seen zero ghost or anything even remotely weird. Maybe ghost just don’t like me

6 days ago
5/24/18
NineFightFour -
jasperb -
schoech1 -

I worked night shift in a hospital for 9 years, my mother for about 30. Neither of us have any stories of ghost or anything. It’s mostly why I don’t believe in ghost at all. I’ve seen about a hundred people die in my life, like right in front of me, and while I worked in the hospital thousands died in there, and thousands more before I worked there. You’re talking about what? 10....20 thousand people in a hospital in a couple decades, I’ve seen zero ghost or anything even remotely weird. Maybe ghost just don’t like me

Same. People seeing souls leave the body in the hospital are batshit crazy themselves. 

5 days ago
10/31/07
DemonDeacon -
NineFightFour -
jasperb -
schoech1 -

Same. People seeing souls leave the body in the hospital are batshit crazy themselves. 

I believe in things that can’t be scientically proven so I don’t cast shade on people who believe in ghost. I just don’t believe in them. Are they crazy? Who knows. 

5 days ago
5/28/03

ghosts dont make any sense, even to an open minded believer.

why the hell would the souls of people be trapped in specific locations?

it both assumes that souls do exist(life after death) and instead of going to an afterlife(heaven/hell/whatever) they linger around earth and appear periodically.

If that^ were true the entire world would be PACKED with ghosts. You wouldnt be able to go 5 minutes in certain major areas without being overwhelmed by geist.

5 days ago
3/22/09
HELWIG -

it both assumes that souls do exist(life after death) and instead of going to an afterlife(heaven/hell/whatever) they linger around earth and appear periodically.

If that^ were true the entire world would be PACKED with ghosts. You wouldnt be able to go 5 minutes in certain major areas without being overwhelmed by geist.

Are you drunk? Also, what’s up with your preoccupation with the sexual orientation of cryptids?

2 days ago
1/1/10
HELWIG -

Aren't there enough places on the OG to be a dick? This is a fun thread that has been going for many years. If you don't like the posts or want to be edgy debunker guy, or more likely from some of the questions you ask, explore your gay side, there are places for that too.

Ignore the obvious tall tales, appreciate the rest or just piss off.

2 days ago
10/20/07
Kirik -
Vrill - 

A few years ago, I went on a solo hiking/camping trip to Grayson Highlands state park in the mountains in south western VA. It's about as remote as it gets in that part of the country. 

It was March and the weather was shitty, so I felt like I had thousands of acres to myself. The solitude and lack of cell service made me a little uneasy but I overcame it. It begins to get dark and I make camp. It was taking a long time to fall asleep because it was cold and I was just generally uncomfortable. Right as I finally begin to drift off, I hear the most unholy banshee like shrieking coming from somewhere in the woods. Sounded right out of a nightmare. To further describe this, it sounded very much like a woman screaming in agony as if she was being absolutely tortured to death by some maniac. It was a flesh crawling, hair on the back of your neck standing up kind of noise, and being alone in the middle of nowhere and it being dark as death out just really amplified a panic sense. Every time I thought it was over, it started again. By now, I've grabbed my pistol and I'm just sitting in my tent wondering what's going on. Eventually, I unzip my tent and shine a flashlight all around. Maybe not the smartest decision if there was actually some maniac out there, but then again, maybe I could intervene. I saw nothing but trees and endless darkness beyond. 

I thought for a while about what to do. Like I said, no cell service, and I wouldn't even know what to say if I could call the police. First of all, I wasn't sure what I was hearing, and I couldn't direct anyone to my exact location or pinpoint where the sound was coming from, and packing up and hiking out of there in the dark didn't feel like the right decision either. And just bounding out into the woods looking for the source of it was out of the question. Eventually, the sound ceased and I was able to put it out of my mind enough to sleep. I woke up to a thick, eerie fog and I felt like I was dreaming. This place had really put a zap on my brain. 

I packed up and hiked out of there and I never told anyone about the incident until a few weeks later when I related the story to this old country boy I work with, and he told me the most likely explanation was that I was hearing the sound of a howling fox. It can really freak out people who aren't familiar with it and with the sound bouncing around the forest, it can take on different tones by the time it reaches your ears. I looked up howling foxes on YouTube, and it was definitely similar to what I heard, but different enough to how I remember it that I'm not totally convinced. 

If it was a howling fox, thanks for keeping me awake asshole. If it was a screaming lady, sorry I didn't do anything to help you. 

Sounds like a Fisher Cat. Weird wtf howl.

Or a mountain lion even

2 days ago
10/20/07

Edited: 2 days ago
7/14/08
HELWIG -

Is there a reason these supernatural skin walkers werent used to stop the European invasion and conquering of the tribes in North America?

Did the skin walkers not want to get involved?

Seems like a 9ft creature/entity with powers could easily drive off guys with muskets.

For God’s sake, shut the fuck up. You are the equivalent of the white belt at a BJJ or Judo asking “but what if I do this?” Every time the instructor shows a move. Don’t be that kid. You’re better than that.

2 days ago
4/4/20

Subd 

Edited: 2 days ago
9/3/14
Festus -

This is fucking terrifying.

I`d rather face that Chupacabra fucker than some horny lion coming outta the bush.  No way.

2 days ago
6/3/17
Peruvian Necktiez -

Alright I`m gonna tell you a story of when I used to backpack in South America.  For the record, I am extremely skeptical and kind of clueless so a lot of the stuff I encountered or thought to have encountered I probably only processed it a few years later. 

I will tell you my story as it happened, what the locals (folklore) say I encountered and what google says I probably encountered.

El Pishtaco (Part 1):

When I was 18 I moved back to Peru. I basically wanted to surf, fuck, play soccer and backpack for the rest of my adult life.  The plan was to tryout for one of the second division soccer teams, make the team, get paid a bit and travel.

Well all that went out the window once I got badly injured my first year and had to miss the next 6 months doing physio. Some local asshole trying out for the team had an issue with my canadian passport so a slide tackle from behind later and I was sidelined for the next year.

I was pissed.

With soccer and surfing off the table I focused all my energy on the other 2 activities. 

I clearly remember how me and my 2 friends (Danny and Willy) ended up the first time in Huanchaco, Trujillo. I remember us taking a bus and many hours later we were way north and in the port of Trujillo, halfway to Ecuador. One look at that place and even naive and fearless 18 year old me knew we had to get the fuck out. The place was trouble. Big fishing port, big trouble.

And so we took the first bus to Huanchaco. A small surfing village further North. The place was heaven, it was low season so we had the town to ourselves, fantastic food, women and night life. Some of the nicest people too and we got a place cheap, like fucking dirt cheap. This was many years ago, way before Air B&B lol, we had a weed connect and after a week we knew all the key locals.

FD TRUJILLO HUACA DEL SOL AND LA LUNA CHAN CHAN DRAGON HUANCHACO ...

One day our hostess asked us why we hadn`t visited the Huacas. Apparently this area was full of ancient Inca burial grounds. She also informed us the weed guy was on a time out.  This place was so small, I swear it had 1 dealer and like 1 cop so they put him away for 15 days for selling to us... the tourists. Hillarious.

Next day we were bored out of our minds so we took a bus to one of the local Huacas.  It was so fucking boring (to me back then) we spent the entire day walking around and trying to score. To me it was just a bunch of dirt and more dirt. 

Huacas Del Sol & La Luna - Chan Chan - Huanchaco ?Reviews and how ...

Jour 4 : Visite des principaux sites archéologiques des ...

SITIOS TURÍSTICOS DE NUESTRA REGIÓN LA LIBERTAD

I was such a fucking idiot. 

We tried to score for so long and when we finally accepted we were not gonna score any weed we went in a little cantina and drank for a few hours. 

Like the noobs that we were we missed our last bus back to Huanchaco. Now normally someone in this little pueblo would give us a ride, or would have accepted to drive us, no matter how far away, for money.

But we had spent the last 4-6 hours trying to buy illegal drugs from all the locals so nobody wanted to give the druggies a ride. 

We were fuck out of luck on this one and the cantina was closing at 9 pm. 

The barman said we could follow the road and try to hitch hike but drivers hardly ever stopped at night for fear of getting robbed and murdered. 3 males?  No way Jose. 

That it was a good 2-3 hour hike and that no we could not stay on the bench in front of the cantina. 

When the guy started dragging his bench inside it sank in, I swear this was some John Wick excommunicado bullshiit.

I was so fucking pissed....

Creeeeeepy! A friend of mine is Peruvian and told me something similar, but she doesn't know much because she was born in the states. Her parents didn't want to pass anything down because they don't live there. Let us know if you and your friend do the walk again!!