OtherGround Forums I Have A Legit Scary Story

1/24/12 6:53 AM
11/28/07
In Phone Post
1/24/12 7:06 AM
5/13/09
Not especially scary but working late one evening and one of the IT dudes was here too. About 8 or 9 in the evening my phone rings and it says its reception on the display. I assume it's IT dude saying that he was going home.

Pick up the phone and say hello... no answer. I look out the window and his car is gone. I go downstairs to reception and there is no one there. IT dude had left about half an hour before the phone call...

Not sure if it could have been a power surge or something weird but what are the chances when there are about a hundred phones in the building?

Went back to desk and kept working anyways, fuck ghosts I got deadlines!
1/24/12 7:07 AM
8/19/11
I have a few weird experiences,I'll post more tomorrow Phone Post
1/24/12 7:11 AM
6/25/11
I was goin to type a ghost story but I was a kid when it happened and it could have been just a dream so I will tell a what the fuck story,

About 10yrs ago I was visiting my auntie in A diff state, she had just been diagnosed with a Tuma on 1 of her vertebrae. We were in Kmart I was looking @ DVDs she was @ the photo counter. I see this lady with white hair walk past and head straight for my aunty and start talking my aunty covered her mouth and started to cry so I ran over too see what was up. The old lady proceeded to tell me she had been sent by God to heal someone today. I laughed @ this lady and told her to piss off and sell her shit to someone else. But she persisted so I asked my aunt what she wanted and she said what harm could she do so I let her continue. Phone Post
1/24/12 7:19 AM
6/25/11
She ran her hands all over my auntie not exactly touching her just around her and stopped @ the Lowe base of her spine and pressed my aunty jumped and I grabbed the lady hand and asked her who the fuck she was she proceeds with her story again and says she has to heal her she runs my aunts back for about 30sec and tells her she is going to be fine, I asked the lady how she knew it was her she had to heal and she said the sign told her I said what sign and she pointed to the LED sign above my aunties head and it said HERE NOW with a arrow pointing down I look back toward the old lady and she is gone. I run to find her and she's gone no fucking where in the entire shop I asked the guard @ the front if he just seen an old lady fitting he description walking out he said no one has exited the shop for 5 mins. My aunty swears blind she did not know this lady, and we are in no way shape or form religious, but she has been fine after the removal of the Tuma. Phone Post
1/24/12 7:19 AM
8/10/11
For later Phone Post
1/24/12 7:20 AM
8/8/10
This thread is awesome.  I'm reading all of the stories in the dark (gotta do it right) and I've always been into ghost/alien type-shit.  I hope I can get a horror story or two out by the time I die.  And, speaking of which, some of you obviously made your shit up (I'm looking at you, ghostface casey), but it's all entertaining, nonetheless.

@CaliKush-  that's me all the way, man.  Scariest event of my life was an especially intense episode of sleep-paralysis.  Anybody who hasn't had it- be thankful.  It's rumored in many circles/cultures that a demon sits on your back or chest, preventing you from moving.  The intent of this act varies culture to culture.

Anyway, my most important question is at OP- where were the footprints leading to/away from your tent?  Did you not follow them?  And, footprints can be pretty telling of someone's size, where they've been, hell, where they got the shoes from.  You all got nothing out of this event?  You guys didn't check your stuff/ find anything missing?  Some details need filling, here.
1/24/12 7:54 AM
6/6/10
Sub Phone Post
1/24/12 8:11 AM
3/15/06
kuyajason - I was awtching I shouldnt be Alive on discovery channel i think

Theres a story where this old man makes friends with these two guys while they were hiking,something like that, when they were drinking together around the campfire the guy randomly shoots both of them without saying a word, they both survived but oddly sounds familiar lolo

The police said a similar story happened years back at a different forest but those two, a man and a woman, did not get away

I remember that show. They had to do some crazy drive down the mountain while bleeding and dying.
1/24/12 8:11 AM
11/26/11
shen -

Worst and scariest experience of my life was camping with a couple kids during college.

We lost our map & compass and got COMPLETELY lost and had to sleep another night. We ran out of food and although we all tried to keep it light, we were all terrified.

We hiked for about 5 or 6 hours the next day, following a river bed only to arrive back at the EXACT same spot we had slept at the night before. It was devastating.

We spent the night again in our tent and in the dark some people started throwing rocks at our tent. It was like a hail of rocks in the pitch black, We bolted through the woods, no gear, no lights. It was sheer terror.

The Blair Witch Project kept me out of the woods for a few years. Phone Post
1/24/12 8:20 AM
5/2/02
Ok, I have never told this story to anyone, but it's 100% true.
I was in like 8th grade or so,my mom, two sisters and I lived just outside Owensboro Kentucky on my grandma and grandpas farmhouse (they had just passed but this has nothing to do with them).Just after we all went to bed about 10:00 pm, the phone rings, my bedroom is closest to the living room so i get to the phone first and answer it. The voice of a young man says "don't answer the door", I'm confused and say "what"? He repeats himself and my mom can tell something is weird so she takes the phone. Same thing happens with her, she asks Why don't you want me to answer the door, and the other person hangs up. We sit and discuss what just happened, turn on all the outside flood lights, check around the house (our nearest neighbor is more than a mile away) find nothing so we go back inside and back to bed.
At sometime in the middle of the night, my guess is about 3:00 am, there is a pounding at the door that wakes everyone in the house. We all go to the door, except for my little sister, and my mom says "Who is it"? A man says that his truck broke down and asks to use the phone. Mom replies she can't let him in but she would be happy to call someone for him. A little cloudy here, but he has some excuse why he needs to come in but my mom won't budge. He leaves pretty angry so we don't end up making a call for him.
We sit down and talk about what just happened and about the call that we had earlier in the night and we are all pretty creeped out.
Fast forward several months and there are some hunters just on the other side of our property line that discover a body.Hands and feet were missing and teeth had either been removed or bashed out and had been shot 6 times and been beaten with a blunt object. For a long time police believed this to be the body of Scott Michael Morris, who had been missing for several years from Indianapolis, but later decided that the remains weren't decomposed enough for it to be him, and later I guess DNA testing proved it wasn't him either.
The question I ask myself often when I think of what happened that night, Who called? Was it someone involved in the act knowing something would happen to us, or was it this young man whose remains were found reaching out?
Every word of this is true, feel free to google it.
1/24/12 8:40 AM
10/28/09
Sub Phone Post
1/24/12 8:54 AM
11/16/10
Sleep Paralysis Story:

Moved back into my dad's house briefly in my early twenties and was asleep one morning. I suddenly woke up to the shadowy silliuotte (sp) of an older woman chanting something unintelligible standing next to my bed. I could not move, I could not speak all I could do was lie there in intense fear. Eventually I did the only thing that any good Christian would do; I mentally called the name Jesus. I was immediately able to move.

True story. Probably a dream, but if so extremely lucid. Phone Post
1/24/12 9:01 AM
6/15/10
illini89i - Ok, I have never told this story to anyone, but it's 100% true.
I was in like 8th grade or so,my mom, two sisters and I lived just outside Owensboro Kentucky on my grandma and grandpas farmhouse (they had just passed but this has nothing to do with them).Just after we all went to bed about 10:00 pm, the phone rings, my bedroom is closest to the living room so i get to the phone first and answer it. The voice of a young man says "don't answer the door", I'm confused and say "what"? He repeats himself and my mom can tell something is weird so she takes the phone. Same thing happens with her, she asks Why don't you want me to answer the door, and the other person hangs up. We sit and discuss what just happened, turn on all the outside flood lights, check around the house (our nearest neighbor is more than a mile away) find nothing so we go back inside and back to bed.
At sometime in the middle of the night, my guess is about 3:00 am, there is a pounding at the door that wakes everyone in the house. We all go to the door, except for my little sister, and my mom says "Who is it"? A man says that his truck broke down and asks to use the phone. Mom replies she can't let him in but she would be happy to call someone for him. A little cloudy here, but he has some excuse why he needs to come in but my mom won't budge. He leaves pretty angry so we don't end up making a call for him.
We sit down and talk about what just happened and about the call that we had earlier in the night and we are all pretty creeped out.
Fast forward several months and there are some hunters just on the other side of our property line that discover a body.Hands and feet were missing and teeth had either been removed or bashed out and had been shot 6 times and been beaten with a blunt object. For a long time police believed this to be the body of Scott Michael Morris, who had been missing for several years from Indianapolis, but later decided that the remains weren't decomposed enough for it to be him, and later I guess DNA testing proved it wasn't him either.
The question I ask myself often when I think of what happened that night, Who called? Was it someone involved in the act knowing something would happen to us, or was it this young man whose remains were found reaching out?
Every word of this is true, feel free to google it.
Dude..  Was this on pleasant valley rd?  I live in Daviess County.

1/24/12 9:08 AM
12/7/03
crazy story about the phone call
1/24/12 9:09 AM
11/16/10
Not Creepy, but weird story:

I had been married for about a year and five months to a woman who I previously dated for about three years. Things were going very well; we lived in a nice apartment, both had good jobs, no kids, and we were best friends -- things couldn't be better.

One day at the end if a Sunday Morning church service an elderly woman approached me. She told me that she wanted to pray with me because she dreamed that either me or my brother was going to experience marital problems.

Since I'd been a church goer all if my life I was well versed in the many nutters there who believe they hear from God directly. I immediately dismissed this woman as a nut and didn't thing much else about it because again my marriage was better than fine.

About a month or so after my wife told me she was in love with a coworker. About a year from then we were divorced.

I can think if no natural way for this woman to have known that my marriage would fail, but she was 100% correct. Phone Post
Edited: 1/24/12 9:16 AM
5/2/02
^^ that sounds right. It's been quite a while and we didn't live in that house for long, just until my mom got our grandparents affairs in order and got the house sold. But yeah, pleasant valley road sounds right. Back then it was a dirt road, might be paved by now. Phone Post
This was to Chicken butt
1/24/12 9:11 AM
10/12/10
Brycer -
WinstonWolfWonTheBet - I don't believe in ghosts but I cant explain what I saw. The way it moved down the mountain was not normal and the incline was impossible. We heard from someone the next day that a man fell down that cliff and died over 20 years ago. Not sure how much truth there was to that.

Anyways it ended great because I lost my virginity that trip. Nevermind that mid sex act my bud shakes the tent screeching like an asshole. Kinda put me off the game for a split second but that's what friends are for I guess.

Anyways I wish u guys could have been there to see it. Not the sex, the robed man. Phone Post
Sheep? Goat? Something with white fur? Phone Post
No it was a person. Even if I didn't see it (which I did) about 50-60 other people saw it. It was a person, in a white robe. ( robe looked like what burns was wearing when he got high and they thought he was an alien in Simpsons ep)

The shriek was terrifying and what we saw was a person glide down the cliff effortlessly and then disappear at the bottom of the river. I hope it was a goat/ sheep but I doubt they look like people. If it was a prank it was a fucking good one. Phone Post
1/24/12 9:14 AM
2/14/10
shen - 

Worst and scariest experience of my life was camping with a couple kids during college.

We lost our map & compass and got COMPLETELY lost and had to sleep another night. We ran out of food and although we all tried to keep it light, we were all terrified.

We hiked for about 5 or 6 hours the next day, following a river bed only to arrive back at the EXACT same spot we had slept at the night before. It was devastating.

We spent the night again in our tent and in the dark some people started throwing rocks at our tent. It was like a hail of rocks in the pitch black, We bolted through the woods, no gear, no lights. It was sheer terror.

Obvious squatch is obvious...
1/24/12 9:16 AM
6/10/03
Great thread Phone Post
1/24/12 9:22 AM
11/12/02
sweet stories
1/24/12 9:25 AM
1/1/01
I was working as armed security at a remote location here in the mountains of Va. It was about 3a.m. and it was storming like crazy outside. I decided that I did need to at least take a look out back despite the conditions. I put on a raincoat and grabbed an umbrella and headed out in this storm, it was coming down in sheets. As I circled around the backside of the building I heard what sounded like a motorcycle!? I thought surely no one was stupid enough to be out in this on a bike. As I reached the lower end of the building and exited the bottom gate I could tell that the bike was now very near. Almost as soon as I completed locking the gate he came by. He was on what looked to be a 20's or early 30's model motorcycle and from behind seemed to also be in era clothing. I was about 20 feet from the road at this time and just stood and watched him. Keep in mind that at this point I wasn't thinking of anything supernatural, I was thinking "what an idiot". He rode up to our upper lot and turned. This lot was clearly marked private. I walked up to the edge of the road and turned on my light, I wanted to make sure he knew someone was there. He headed back towards me and I tried to make sure he saw me, just so he would know that the place wasn't deserted. As he neared me I could tell that he was indeed in period clothing and he was also wearing old style riding cap and glasses. He never gave any indication of seeing me even though I stood within 5/6 feet of him shining a flashlight on the road as he came by. As he passed me I realized that he didn't look "right". Hard to explain but he didn't look "alive"? Funny thing is I still wasn't thinking ghost, I was still thinking idiot for a few more seconds. Then it all started to sink in and I felt a bit overwhelmed. I went inside and called my then girlfriend, I needed to hear a human voice. I've tried to explain it all away. He was just a guy riding his vintage bike in vintage clothes at 3a.m. in a God awfull storm. He didn't act like he saw me because he knew that he wasn't suppose to turn in our lot. He looked ash white and blank faced due to the rain and cold...... but it doesn't work....I still don't know what I saw 20+ years ago and once in awhile it still bothers me.

I was wide awake, totally sober and still today I don't know what I really saw.
1/24/12 9:26 AM
5/15/06
runster - 
thewellhungarian -  here's one for you guys

Working on a drilling rig in the middle of nowhere- the rig was shut down so we had one guy who was on night watch ensureing the rig didn't freeze up or that nobody stole any of the tools. When I show up in the morning none of the work that I hade requested done outside was completed. So the next night, I went to the rig with him to make sure all the work got done. 

We had completed everything that needed servicing inside, and it was time to go and do some oilchanges on some of the motors outside. I said "let's go and do that gen motor" he tells me that there is no way he is going outside. I was pissed and asked him what his deal was and let him know I was about to skid him. He let's out a sigh and says he didn't want to tell me something becasue he thought I would think he was crazy. His story:

The previous night he was outside doing this and that, then took a break to eat his lunch. He had eaten his sandwich, but put an apple on the hood of the truck (whole). When he came back after a few minutes, the apple was still there, but there was a bite out of it and it was placed back on the hood of the truck again. So some person had come out of the bush, in the middle of nowhere, taken a bite out of his apple, and left it back on the hood of the truck where he could find it. He wasn't lying, I could see it in his face.

Needles to say we changed the oil in the lightplant, but I did carry around a long flathead screwdriver for the rest of the night. I don't know what was more frightning, the story or the serious look of fear on his face about going outside after listening to the story. 

i call bullshit. eating lunch in the middle of the night?

Well when you work night-shift, you have dinner for breakfast, lunch for a midnight snack, and breakfast for dinner. Shiftwork sucks.(except on steak-night, you get steak for breakfast)
1/24/12 9:28 AM
6/15/10
illini89i - ^^ that sounds right. It's been quite a while and we didn't live in that house for long, just until my mom got our grandparents affairs in order and got the house sold. But yeah, pleasant valley road sounds right. Back then it was a dirt road, might be paved by now. Phone Post
This was to Chicken butt

Awesome story man.  There are several creepy abandoned houses out on that road now, I wonder if your grandparents is one. 
1/24/12 9:30 AM
10/18/09
TTT will share a story later. Phone Post