4/23/09
Wow at these stories. Phone Post
1/24/12 9:33 AM
8/23/10
Subbed.

Great stuff.
1/24/12 9:34 AM
5/13/09
scuffler - I was working as armed security at a remote location here in the mountains of Va. It was about 3a.m. and it was storming like crazy outside. I decided that I did need to at least take a look out back despite the conditions. I put on a raincoat and grabbed an umbrella and headed out in this storm, it was coming down in sheets. As I circled around the backside of the building I heard what sounded like a motorcycle!? I thought surely no one was stupid enough to be out in this on a bike. As I reached the lower end of the building and exited the bottom gate I could tell that the bike was now very near. Almost as soon as I completed locking the gate he came by. He was on what looked to be a 20's or early 30's model motorcycle and from behind seemed to also be in era clothing. I was about 20 feet from the road at this time and just stood and watched him. Keep in mind that at this point I wasn't thinking of anything supernatural, I was thinking "what an idiot". He rode up to our upper lot and turned. This lot was clearly marked private. I walked up to the edge of the road and turned on my light, I wanted to make sure he knew someone was there. He headed back towards me and I tried to make sure he saw me, just so he would know that the place wasn't deserted. As he neared me I could tell that he was indeed in period clothing and he was also wearing old style riding cap and glasses. He never gave any indication of seeing me even though I stood within 5/6 feet of him shining a flashlight on the road as he came by. As he passed me I realized that he didn't look "right". Hard to explain but he didn't look "alive"? Funny thing is I still wasn't thinking ghost, I was still thinking idiot for a few more seconds. Then it all started to sink in and I felt a bit overwhelmed. I went inside and called my then girlfriend, I needed to hear a human voice. I've tried to explain it all away. He was just a guy riding his vintage bike in vintage clothes at 3a.m. in a God awfull storm. He didn't act like he saw me because he knew that he wasn't suppose to turn in our lot. He looked ash white and blank faced due to the rain and cold...... but it doesn't work....I still don't know what I saw 20+ years ago and once in awhile it still bothers me.

I was wide awake, totally sober and still today I don't know what I really saw.
I remember that story! I think we've posted many of these before on another thread.

Where's the one about the dudes driving their car with some dude in a tree?! That one was mental!

1/24/12 9:35 AM
10/21/10
Subbed for more. Phone Post
1/24/12 9:37 AM
3/18/02
I have had night terrors which are scary as fuck.

I remember waking up feeling paralysed like somethign was sitting on my chest and an overwhelming sense of terror.

Scariest shit ever.
1/24/12 9:38 AM
1/1/01
Similar to the OP...

On a snowy night when I was nine or ten our dog sat at our sliding glass patio door and started growling. My mom told her to quit but she continued and after a few minutes was snarling. My mom went over the the back door and brushed the dog away/told her to lay down. The blinds were open, but it was dark out and the lights were on inside so you couldn't really see out without making a real effort to do so.

The next morning when my mom went to let the dog out there were footprints coming up from the woods behind our house and stopping at our back door. Some weirdo had been standing six inches away from the door staring in at us for who knows how long before walking back into the woods.
1/24/12 9:40 AM
8/22/07
in
1/24/12 9:41 AM
12/18/08
Me and my buddies would always mess with vacationers on our lake. These kids (around college age) were all partying around a campfire so we we got in the water and swam really slowly down right in front of their cabin. Wed make noise and theyd start to freak and then eventually my buddy creeps up to waist deep water and asks if they had seen his parents. They started to freak and then he just sulked back into the water. They went and got flashlights and started to look around and shine on the water but couldnt see us. They probably still tell that story today
1/24/12 9:44 AM
5/2/02
guesswhatchickenbutt - 
illini89i - ^^ that sounds right. It's been quite a while and we didn't live in that house for long, just until my mom got our grandparents affairs in order and got the house sold. But yeah, pleasant valley road sounds right. Back then it was a dirt road, might be paved by now. Phone Post
This was to Chicken butt

Awesome story man.  There are several creepy abandoned houses out on that road now, I wonder if your grandparents is one. 

Well it would suck if it was. It was a nice 2 story white farmhouse, and if I remember right it had been in our family for several generations, great uncles I think owned it and farmed tobacco.
Where did you go to school?
1/24/12 9:46 AM
1/1/01
And another...my cousins and I were camping at the edge of my grandparents farm when we heard something close to us in the woods. We were 7-11 year old boys so we were a little freaked out already, but then someone yelled "hey" and we took off up to the house. We told our grandpa about it and he went and looked but found no one. We stayed the night in the house.

A short time later, my grandpa looked out the kitchen window one night and two hundred yards away, right by where we'd heard something, he saw what looked like a cigarette ember light up as if someone had just taken a puff. He went down there the next morning and found cigarette butts and beer bottles. Presumably the same guy had been just sitting at the edge of the woods smoking, drinking and watching their house.
1/24/12 9:48 AM
5/25/09
Ffffuuuuuuuu Phone Post
1/24/12 9:48 AM
5/13/09
bodookie50 - Me and my buddies would always mess with vacationers on our lake. These kids (around college age) were all partying around a campfire so we we got in the water and swam really slowly down right in front of their cabin. Wed make noise and theyd start to freak and then eventually my buddy creeps up to waist deep water and asks if they had seen his parents. They started to freak and then he just sulked back into the water. They went and got flashlights and started to look around and shine on the water but couldnt see us. They probably still tell that story today

LMAO if true! Great idea with the half-submerged plea for the parents.

1/24/12 9:55 AM
4/23/02
kuyajason - WHen i was about 4th grade playing wwe smackdown or warzone

I was in my room playing playstation and i had a view of my window
I swear on anything even till this day that a Human hand hit my window and i ran downstairs to tell my siblings and checked outside and it was nothing?

Idk but something hit my window.. and hit it pretty damn hard lol
Maybe it was a joke but usually i would see if they had some jokester hand novelty eventually to prank someone else
100% was a bird
1/24/12 10:01 AM
6/9/09
 when I was about 12 I was in my room down in the basement sleeping, a loud bang woke me up. it kept banging every few seconds, so I finally get up, terrified, and I slowly make my way up stairs in the dark. I get upstairs and I hear it banging still. I go to my parents room and they are sleeping, this banging is really loud, how are they fucking sleeping? so i go to the back door, we had a cat that loved sleeping in the sunroom, so as I go to let him in to come to sleep in my bed, I look out the sunroom windows that look out into a valley and onto a frozen river. I see a figure, all white, kind of hovering, not walking, along the river. I watched it for a few seconds and then quickly noticed the banging stopped. I was terrified. I ran donstairs and tried going back to sleep. I eventually must have and I asked my parents the next day about the banging and they didnt hear shit.
1/24/12 10:02 AM
1/1/01
Not scary, but strange.

One of my friends had 3 brothers and a sister. One of his brothers died in a car accident, He was in his late teens at the time, my friend was in his mid twenties.

I was at his house with is siblings and some other friends about 3 months later. His dog went apeshit barking at the phone. He and one of his brothers tried settling the dog down for like 3 or 4 minutes. Then just has suddenly as it started barking it stopped and laid down by the phone. Another minute later the phone rang. My friend answered and he turned white as he spoke. He kept say ok, I will, I'll tell them. Then he hung up. He turned to his siblings and told them it was the brother who passed telling him he was fine and to tell everyone not to worry about him.

1/24/12 10:03 AM
1/1/01
 I was five. We lived in LA. My mom took my sister wth her while she went shopping, and left me in the car.

Some guy who had a wife and two kids with him pulled out a huge ring of keys and tried it a bunch of them on the car door I was locked in.

I screamed a lot and he couldn't open the door and drove off.

I dried my eyes and to this day never told anyone in my family.
1/24/12 10:08 AM
1/1/01
That story is mine. I've posted it here about 6 times. That one above is a C&P from a previous post. It is not taken from any source other than me, and I have never told it any other way than I did above because that is exactly the way it happened to ME.
1/24/12 10:11 AM
3/3/03
illini89i - Ok, I have never told this story to anyone, but it's 100% true.
I was in like 8th grade or so,my mom, two sisters and I lived just outside Owensboro Kentucky on my grandma and grandpas farmhouse (they had just passed but this has nothing to do with them).Just after we all went to bed about 10:00 pm, the phone rings, my bedroom is closest to the living room so i get to the phone first and answer it. The voice of a young man says "don't answer the door", I'm confused and say "what"? He repeats himself and my mom can tell something is weird so she takes the phone. Same thing happens with her, she asks Why don't you want me to answer the door, and the other person hangs up. We sit and discuss what just happened, turn on all the outside flood lights, check around the house (our nearest neighbor is more than a mile away) find nothing so we go back inside and back to bed.
At sometime in the middle of the night, my guess is about 3:00 am, there is a pounding at the door that wakes everyone in the house. We all go to the door, except for my little sister, and my mom says "Who is it"? A man says that his truck broke down and asks to use the phone. Mom replies she can't let him in but she would be happy to call someone for him. A little cloudy here, but he has some excuse why he needs to come in but my mom won't budge. He leaves pretty angry so we don't end up making a call for him.
We sit down and talk about what just happened and about the call that we had earlier in the night and we are all pretty creeped out.
Fast forward several months and there are some hunters just on the other side of our property line that discover a body.Hands and feet were missing and teeth had either been removed or bashed out and had been shot 6 times and been beaten with a blunt object. For a long time police believed this to be the body of Scott Michael Morris, who had been missing for several years from Indianapolis, but later decided that the remains weren't decomposed enough for it to be him, and later I guess DNA testing proved it wasn't him either.
The question I ask myself often when I think of what happened that night, Who called? Was it someone involved in the act knowing something would happen to us, or was it this young man whose remains were found reaching out?
Every word of this is true, feel free to google it.

WOW!
Edited: 1/24/12 10:11 AM
1/1/01
btw, the first time I ever posted my story here was on a thread started by Nick May. It been around for a while, but it has never changed.
1/24/12 10:15 AM
10/13/11
Sub Phone Post
1/24/12 10:18 AM
9/30/10
y i take my dog
1/24/12 10:22 AM
5/13/09
scuffler - That story is mine. I've posted it here about 6 times. That one above is a C&P from a previous post. It is not taken from any source other than me, and I have never told it any other way than I did above because that is exactly the way it happened to ME.

Wasn't insinuating that you nicked it dude, just that I remembered it!

1/24/12 10:29 AM
6/15/10
illini89i - 
guesswhatchickenbutt - 
illini89i - ^^ that sounds right. It's been quite a while and we didn't live in that house for long, just until my mom got our grandparents affairs in order and got the house sold. But yeah, pleasant valley road sounds right. Back then it was a dirt road, might be paved by now. Phone Post
This was to Chicken butt

Awesome story man.  There are several creepy abandoned houses out on that road now, I wonder if your grandparents is one. 

Well it would suck if it was. It was a nice 2 story white farmhouse, and if I remember right it had been in our family for several generations, great uncles I think owned it and farmed tobacco.
Where did you go to school?
Daviess County '96.  If it's the house I'm thinking of it is still there.  I think some Burke's own it.

1/24/12 10:33 AM
6/3/03
thewellhungarian -  here's one for you guys

Working on a drilling rig in the middle of nowhere- the rig was shut down so we had one guy who was on night watch ensureing the rig didn't freeze up or that nobody stole any of the tools. When I show up in the morning none of the work that I hade requested done outside was completed. So the next night, I went to the rig with him to make sure all the work got done. 

We had completed everything that needed servicing inside, and it was time to go and do some oilchanges on some of the motors outside. I said "let's go and do that gen motor" he tells me that there is no way he is going outside. I was pissed and asked him what his deal was and let him know I was about to skid him. He let's out a sigh and says he didn't want to tell me something becasue he thought I would think he was crazy. His story:

The previous night he was outside doing this and that, then took a break to eat his lunch. He had eaten his sandwich, but put an apple on the hood of the truck (whole). When he came back after a few minutes, the apple was still there, but there was a bite out of it and it was placed back on the hood of the truck again. So some person had come out of the bush, in the middle of nowhere, taken a bite out of his apple, and left it back on the hood of the truck where he could find it. He wasn't lying, I could see it in his face.

Needles to say we changed the oil in the lightplant, but I did carry around a long flathead screwdriver for the rest of the night. I don't know what was more frightning, the story or the serious look of fear on his face about going outside after listening to the story. 

NICE! A new OGism!!!!
1/24/12 10:35 AM
4/23/02
 a few weird things but not super scary

first i lived in a small town in MD in a very rural area  (our town was 500 people and was the 3rd largest town in the county), this story took place back in the early part of the 1980's

anyhow there was this one older woman everyone knew was into the occult.  my dad (a pastor)  had to go to her house once for something(i forget what)  - some back story  this woman had two sons  her sons had 2 children each 2 boys for one son 1 boy 1 girl for the other son - anyhow my dad is in this woman's living room and she starts saying "look butchy(the oldest of her grandsons  about 18 at the time the other two boys were 16 and 17)  is crying"  she kept saying it over and over like 10 times.   now everyone was asking her what she meant cause Butchy wasn't even in the house.  she pointed to a picture a shelf of the 3 boys and there was seriously what looked like a tear rolling down his face in the picture.

now here is where it gets weird.  about 2 weeks later it was friday th 13th  honest to goodness no lie

butchy had a beautiful 1971 chevelle with a chevy 350 in.  well butchy wrecekd his car ran it off the road into an irrigation ditch and died instantly.  everyone else in the car was safe.

52 weeks from that friday (almsot one year) his younger brother was in a car accident and died less than 30 yards from the same spot his brother died.

another 4 months after that their cousin (and last remaining boy in that family line) hung himself and died.

i'm not sure if anyone is familiar witht he Nyack, NY area, but i went to college there and they is an old military base near that that has underground tunnells and these fortified walls back in the woods.  we used to go walk on them all the time.

also Nyack NY has a huge witch coven  and so the witches go up there and do sacrifices and stuff all the time.

anyhow some friends of mine about 6 of them went up there once and they were walking throught he tunnells, which at one point come out of ground but is still a concrete tunnell and has gun slits every 3 feet or so to shoot out of  well the first tunnell you walk through is about 300 yards long and in the middle is where it comes out of ground witht he gun slits.   so as my friends are walking through this tunnell the guy in the front leading the group sees some guy looking in the slits at them.  he tells the group to keep walking and goes to the back where the guy in the back is an ex cop going back to college, and he askes him if he saw the guy, and he had. 

they keep walking and this first tunnell ends at what used to be a gun torrent tower 3 levels high.  and the tunnell going out the other side of the tunnell is collapese about 25 yards down so you have to go out of the tower on the second level walk on top of the tunnell for a bit then jump down and get back into the tunnell .

so my friends do this and as they get about 15-20 yards from the tower they here a blood curtaling scream and turn around and see the guy standing on top of the tower  laughing and pointing at them.   the ex cop and two other guys take of running towards the tower to confront him. 

the guy jumps of the tower abuout 30 feet up lands on his feet no roll and starts running away.  when they get tot he tower there is no trace of the guy or anything just gone.