OtherGround Forums I admit it I think Coronavirus/Covid19 is bullshit

5 days ago
1/1/01
Eskimo - 
DY2 -

I dont know what the final outcome of the whole thing will be.  If I said which way I lean I would be just guessing.   However, the numbers look worrying to me.

In the last 24 hours all these people died:

Italy 700

Spain 700

USA 300

UK 150

France 350

Iran 150

Holland 80

All of this in the last 24 hours, and the numbers are growing.   We dont want this to go on for a long time.

Also other nations are now also started to get Covid 19 deaths in the 20's per day.  Places like Indonesia, Turkey, Portugal etc............What will happen if it explodes in these kind of countries, all over the world.

7 billion people in the world. Look up how many die normally without this virus. The virus isnt a hoax or something to be ignored but a few thousand dying in a day isn’t even significant globally from a mathematical perspective. We’ll see where it ends up and the demographics of who dies, but it isn’t anything like what was predicted 2 weeks ago. 

Since you think this so nothing and since your business can't survive 3 weeks without opening (good job saving for a rainy day) if you would like to start a gofundme page where you go volunteer at a NYC hospital I will the first donor.

5 days ago
5/19/17
NiteProwleR - 

For once YOU are bringing shame to the nite name bwahaha

You both spell it wrong anyway!  Shame on you both, Mr. Nightprowler!

"night
/n??t/

noun
plural noun: nights
the period from sunset to sunrise in each twenty-four hours"

5 days ago
11/10/18
Josh -
Eskimo - 
DY2 -

I dont know what the final outcome of the whole thing will be.  If I said which way I lean I would be just guessing.   However, the numbers look worrying to me.

Italy 700

Spain 700

USA 300

UK 150

France 350

Iran 150

Holland 80

All of this in the last 24 hours, and the numbers are growing.   We dont want this to go on for a long time.

Also other nations are now also started to get Covid 19 deaths in the 20's per day.  Places like Indonesia, Turkey, Portugal etc............What will happen if it explodes in these kind of countries, all over the world.

7 billion people in the world. Look up how many die normally without this virus. The virus isnt a hoax or something to be ignored but a few thousand dying in a day isn’t even significant globally from a mathematical perspective. We’ll see where it ends up and the demographics of who dies, but it isn’t anything like what was predicted 2 weeks ago. 

Since you think this so nothing and since your business can't survive 3 weeks without opening (good job saving for a rainy day) if you would like to start a gofundme page where you go volunteer at a NYC hospital I will the first donor.

Lol what are you talking about? I’ve never said my business couldn’t survive. I could be closed a year and reopen. I’m concerned that my clients and most of society will be too broke to support any business that sells anything other than essentials. But clearly I’ve made an impression on you as you remember who I am. I’m flattered.

Also, I’m not saying this is nothing. I’m saying the numbers so far aren’t high. I’m sure they’ll get higher. My point all along has been the economic fallout from this will be worse than the virus. The virus is shitty and it’s a mess. The whole world being in poverty will be worse imo. 

5 days ago
6/20/13
uniquetechnique -

You guys should watch this Documentary.     The worst outbreak ever! People having blood come out of their ears, lungs having air pockets and bleeding. They said it had 3 waves in a year and a half and said the second wave was the most deadliest. So if this does get to a second wave, it can be more potent, I hope it doesn’t reach that.

The “Spanish Flu” that originated on a military base in Fort Riley, USA

5 days ago
6/3/03
SpartaKick -

So you have a relative in hospital with CV19 but you decided to post about it being 'bullshit' ? Couldn't you wait until you know if he is going to be ok? What a bizzare thread. I like you NC.. come on man you are better than this.

Fair enough, but he’s gone from a respiratory mask to a nasal cannula, so he’s getting better. 

My niece is an ER nurse in the Bronx, my sister in law is a pediatrician in Cali, my best friend is an EMT for FDNY and several of my friends are fireman for FDNY in various houses in the Bronx and Brooklyn; they have all said it is overblown and most of their colleagues feel the same. My brother has a PHD in toxicology, his wife a PHD as well, and while they are keeping an eye on the situation they are of the opinion that the response does not equal the threat. The only thing I’ve heard is the amount of people flooding the ERs for a common cold freaking out cause they feel they have CV19. 

Now, while that is purely anecdotal and somewhat of an appeal to authority, that is enough people I know and trust that give me pause when people are screaming like this is the end of world and is one of the main drivers of this thread. 

Do I think people are gonna die? Of course they are as it’s already happening. Do I think they are gonna be apocalyptic numbers like 10 times the flu, absolutely not. As I’ve said many times in this thread I really hope I’m right about this, regardless I refuse to get excited about it at this moment in time. 

5 days ago
6/3/03
NiteProwleR -

For once YOU are bringing shame to the nite name bwahaha

Edited: 5 days ago
12/19/10
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

So you have a relative in hospital with CV19 but you decided to post about it being 'bullshit' ? Couldn't you wait until you know if he is going to be ok? What a bizzare thread. I like you NC.. come on man you are better than this.

Fair enough, but he’s gone from a respiratory mask to a nasal cannula, so he’s getting better. 

My niece is an ER nurse in the Bronx, my sister in law is a pediatrician in Cali, my best friend is an EMT for FDNY and several of my friends are fireman for FDNY in various houses in the Bronx and Brooklyn; they have all said it is overblown and most of their colleagues feel the same. My brother has a PHD in toxicology, his wife a PHD as well, and while they are keeping an eye on the situation they are of the opinion that the response does not equal the threat. The only thing I’ve heard is the amount of people flooding the ERs for a common cold freaking out cause they feel they have CV19. 

Now, while that is purely anecdotal and somewhat of an appeal to authority, that is enough people I know and trust that give me pause when people are screaming like this is the end of world and is one of the main drivers of this thread. 

Do I think people are gonna die? Of course they are as it’s already happening. Do I think they are gonna be apocalyptic numbers like 10 times the flu, absolutely not. As I’ve said many times in this thread I really hope I’m right about this, regardless I refuse to get excited about it at this moment in time. 

That's awesome that he is on the mend, I wish him a full recovery! I'm glad you are  able to get some first hand infomation from the frontline, that must be reassuring. I will say this though, I believe NYC is a couple of weeks behind Italy so I hope you and your fam stay stay safe in all of this. Mad props to the Crawler! and hell why not.. the fuckin Prowler too

5 days ago
6/28/10
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/170-fdny-members-have-coronavirus-commissioner-says/

haha. you are so full of shit. yeah im sure all your fdny firefighter friends and er nurses are calling BS. Never would have guessed you were going to end your BS with anotehr flu comparison.

5 days ago
11/10/18

5 days ago
6/3/03
BrckNoHitBk -
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/170-fdny-members-have-coronavirus-commissioner-says/

haha. you are so full of shit. yeah im sure all your fdny firefighter friends and er nurses are calling BS. Never would have guessed you were going to end your BS with anotehr flu comparison.

Whether you believe me or not is of no concern to me and does not change the conversations I’ve had with those I trust that are on the frontlines. 

Furthermore I, just like them, didn’t say the virus doesn’t exist so your article changes nothing as they, like I, have expressed the opinion that it is worrisome but nowhere near the level of panic that is being peddled by the media. However, thank you for your input. 

5 days ago
6/3/03
SpartaKick -
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

That's awesome that he is on the mend, I wish him a full recovery! I'm glad you are  able to get some first hand infomation from the frontline, that must be reassuring. I will say this though, I believe NYC is a couple of weeks behind Italy so I hope you and your fam stay stay safe in all of this. Mad props to the Crawler! and hell why not.. the fuckin Prowler too

Thanks brother, much appreciated. We were very relieved to hear he was doing better. 

It’s funny but out of all the people that are close to me most are pretty level headed about this except for my father who is in full on panic mode. Dude told me he was going to wash his clothes in the sink as he didn’t want to use the machines in his building. I told him to please come up to my house and do his laundry here but he’s basically locked himself in his apartment for the long haul. Love the dude dearly, and my brother and sister are trying to talk him off the ledge, but to no avail. 

Meh, who knows, maybe that dude is correct and we are the ones that are being unrealistic. Only time will tell I suppose. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

Prayers for him Brahdah! 

5 days ago
1/9/02

this happens in every situation like this

ppl freak out, fight, get anxious, then adjust to the new normal. ppl can adapt to all kinds of situations because there is no alternative. your anxiety is going away even though the facts havent changed, like riding in a car.

5 days ago
11/19/08
Nitecrawler -
BrckNoHitBk -
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

Whether you believe me or not is of no concern to me and does not change the conversations I’ve had with those I trust that are on the frontlines. 

Furthermore I, just like them, didn’t say the virus doesn’t exist so your article changes nothing as they, like I, have expressed the opinion that it is worrisome but nowhere near the level of panic that is being peddled by the media. However, thank you for your input. 

I am an FDNY firefighter, and as it stands nitecrawler is correct.  Nobody thinks the virus is fake or is calling bullshit. People are concerned. I know members who have tested positive. I saw one of them doing a push-up challenge on Instagram yesterday. 

But the general feeling I’ve gotten is that yeah, it may just be the biggest overreaction that any of us have ever seen and that the obliteration of the world’s economies may very well kill far more people in the grand scheme of things. 

5 days ago
1/1/01

Yea this ain’t no hoax, it’s not like SARS or if it was and we didn’t find no vaccine, the death numbers would be so much higher with very little survivors.

If this wasn’t bad, The Medical world would be laughing and saying were over doing it with this quarantine/lockdown crap. They’re not! My sister in law is on the front lines in LA and cries every time she has to drive home to see her family. She stays most the time in the building next to the hospital because they need the doctors close by. So since this all started , she’s only been home twice and her house is just 45 minutes away. She doesn’t want to be in the same room as the kids so she sleeps in their theater room while the kids are roaming around the house. It’s pretty sad and I’ll admit, I’ve feared up after talking to her about this 

5 days ago
5/14/10
No one who has ever doubted the severity of the flu has died of the flu. This is seriouser than the fu!
5 days ago
6/3/03
uniquetechnique -
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

Prayers for him Brahdah! 

Thanks man, he’s a tough dude so I’m thinking he’s gonna pull through just fine, but prayers never hurt. 

5 days ago
6/3/03
uniquetechnique -

Yea this ain’t no hoax, it’s not like SARS or if it was and we didn’t find no vaccine, the death numbers would be so much higher with very little survivors.

If this wasn’t bad, The Medical world would be laughing and saying were over doing it with this quarantine/lockdown crap. They’re not! My sister in law is on the front lines in LA and cries every time she has to drive home to see her family. She stays most the time in the building next to the hospital because they need the doctors close by. So since this all started , she’s only been home twice and her house is just 45 minutes away. She doesn’t want to be in the same room as the kids so she sleeps in their theater room while the kids are roaming around the house. It’s pretty sad and I’ll admit, I’ve feared up after talking to her about this 

Damn, that’s sad shit. Weird thing is my SIL is a pediatrician over in Cali and she’s on the opposite side of the spectrum as far as fear and protocol. 

Does your SIL work in the ER or something? I would imagine that ERs are probably chaotic as fuck. According to my niece the ER in the Bronx is fucking mobbed but that’s only because people have the sniffles and come in ranting like they are gonna die. 

5 days ago
1/1/01

'As pedestrian as the flu', hmm. 

I'd say another disease/aspect of life that kills as many as the flu every year is pretty fucked up. Not world endingly bad but not a nice thing to have around.

Hopefully the vaccine will make it not as bad as the flu when that's available.

5 days ago
6/3/03
garythekid -
Nitecrawler -
BrckNoHitBk -
Nitecrawler -
SpartaKick -

I am an FDNY firefighter, and as it stands nitecrawler is correct.  Nobody thinks the virus is fake or is calling bullshit. People are concerned. I know members who have tested positive. I saw one of them doing a push-up challenge on Instagram yesterday. 

But the general feeling I’ve gotten is that yeah, it may just be the biggest overreaction that any of us have ever seen and that the obliteration of the world’s economies may very well kill far more people in the grand scheme of things. 

Yup, that echoes almost exactly what I’ve heard from my friends. I mean it could be that most are so hardened by the shit they see on a daily basis so something as pedestrian as what this seems to be doesn’t even register but as I said above, people I know and trust that are in the frontlines don’t seem to be caught up in the panic. 

Strange how you’ve experienced almost exactly what I described above. But how could that be? BrckNoHitBk  said I was full of shit. 

5 days ago
5/19/17
fnunderful - 
DY2 -

Italy 700

Spain 700

USA 300

UK 150

France 350

Iran 150

Holland 80

count the heart disease deaths...those numbers are way more worrying

I take your point, and agree with it.  What I am not clear on though, is how this can go away (before vaccine).  A nightmare scenario is that it just hangs around, or comes back in waves, and causes 'spike' after 'spike', again and again.

What if we all go about our business as normal in May, and it spikes and surges again in June? 

5 days ago
6/3/03
DY2 -
fnunderful - 
DY2 -

Italy 700

Spain 700

USA 300

UK 150

France 350

Iran 150

Holland 80

count the heart disease deaths...those numbers are way more worrying

I take your point, and agree with it.  What I am not clear on though, is how this can go away (before vaccine).  A nightmare scenario is that it just hangs around, or comes back in waves, and causes 'spike' after 'spike', again and again.

What if we all go about our business as normal in May, and it spikes and surges again in June? 

Then I would say that I was dead wrong and we are most likely royally fucked. 

5 days ago
8/23/11
Freaky_Hibiki - No one who has ever doubted the severity of the flu has died of the flu. This is seriouser than the fu!

It can be seriouser than the flu.. but not the seriousest of all the flus. 

we can take extra precautions while they look for a treatment 

but stopping commerce isn’t the answer 

a cure or vaccine won’t do anyone any good if there is no economy to come back to 

5 days ago
6/20/13

COVID19 Death rate estimates: 0.2% – 0.5%

5 days ago
9/14/19

That they are gonna have to redo the whole model they been using cause it’s not reflecting what’s happening on the ground 

Uk is now projecting 20,000 deaths instead of 500,000 deaths, and 10,000 of those 20,000 are gonna die anyway form other complications they have 

I think everything could get better right away