OtherGround Forums I considered myself middle left... Is balanced not

2 days ago
1/24/17

an option? Both sides have steered so far off course. 

I have lost interest in so many things since the great divide... 

Podcasts I used to love I now cannot stand, Networks have all lost their fucking minds, and commercials during Football and any sport for that matter only feature black folks.. Sports all just doing what they think will not make any waves. It's all gross. 

Left, Right, Red, Blue, and fucking rainbows, where the fuck is logic and balance these days? 

2 days ago
1/24/17

And where the fuck is SpunQ when you need him ;)

2 days ago
12/22/10

How old are you? 

Social media and 24 hour news channels aren't accurately depicting reality in 99% of the world. 

2 days ago
1/24/17
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

Social media and 24 hour news channels aren't accurately depicting reality in 99% of the world. 

I am old enough to ask the question "is being middle not an option?"

Not sure what you are getting at with asking age. 

Edited: 2 days ago
7/15/04
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

Social media has become the reality unfortunately. Believe it or not doesn't matter but social media is driving everything now.

It drives corporate policy, political policy, it's where the younger generations get almost all of their news, it influences the stock market, it's used to silence opposing viewpoints, and politicians use it for widespread influence. 

I'm not saying social media is painting an accurate picture of the world. But it is absolutely influencing our "reality" in a massive way.

And that influence is only continuing to grow.

2 days ago
1/24/17
TexDeuce -
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

Social media has become the reality unfortunately. Believe it or not doesn't matter but social media is driving everything now.

It drives corporate policy, political policy, it's where the younger generations get almost all of their news, it influences the stock market, it's used to silence opposing viewpoints, and politicians use it for widespread influence. 

I'm not saying social media is painting an accurate picture of the world. But it is absolutely influencing our "reality" in a massive way.

Who said anything about "Social media"?

I mentioned Podcasts, Networks and Sports.. 

But carry on

2 days ago
1/24/17
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

Actually, how old are you? The fact you are asking me about Social media when it wasn't even mentioned tells me you are either not that smart or.... 

Social media is for fat folks

2 days ago
11/16/08

I don't think the right has moved at all.  If anything they've moved left but the left has gone so far to the extreme, open boarders with free healthcare for "asylum seekers" and vilifying anyone that won't accept the new deffinition of the day.  I think they're just getting started and the division is worse now than decades.  Everything is about race.  Soon schools will punish students for not giving black people a upper case B when it's written.

11/30/07

You're a nazi to the extreme left.. might as well join us trump supporters homie. 

2 days ago
1/24/17

Not sure what any of you are talking about...

Is middle an option? 

LOL

2 days ago
10/11/05

Go outside. Talk to people. 100 out 100 of them are OK. The algorithms' job is to capture your attention, not tell the truth.

2 days ago
1/1/01

Never give an inch.

2 days ago
12/29/09

One side has steered off course, and the other side has been blowing dounuts in the parkinglot. 

2 days ago
11/30/07
NorthSouthDinner4Two - 

Is middle an option? 

LOL

Not any more man.

2 days ago
7/13/09
NorthSouthDinner4Two -

Is middle an option? 

LOL

As an extreme moderate I say fuck Republoods and Democrips... and Texdouche, definitely fuck Texdouche 

anwer is yes, register independent 

7/15/04
NorthSouthDinner4Two -
TexDeuce -
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

Who said anything about "Social media"?

I mentioned Podcasts, Networks and Sports.. 

But carry on

I didn't quote you, I was responding to Uncle Tom Doug and what he said.

7/15/04
JJitsu -
NorthSouthDinner4Two -

Is middle an option? 

LOL

As an extreme moderate I say fuck Republoods and Democrips... and Texdouche, definitely fuck Texdouche 

anwer is yes, register independent 

Holy shit this "JJitsu" guy is the most mentally unstable pussy I've ever seen on this website LMAO!

He was so emotionally affected by what I said to him he has stalked me across multiple threads screaming my name. Such an insecure pussy hahaha.

This loser is pushing 50 talking about "Republoods" and "Democrips". What a sad sack of shit.

2 days ago
7/13/09

^^^ see why I said fuck Texdouche? 

He dumb

2 days ago
11/16/08
JJitsu -

He dumb

Seriously, you need to find a way to get over him.

2 days ago
1/24/16
TexDeuce -
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

So you think a newspaper is better? How exactly?

2 days ago
5/18/10

OP what happened with you and SpunQ? I thought you let him off of the loser leaves town bet? But he still left? 

3/16/11

Hey OP, I like the sentiment of what your saying, but it presumes a static centre. As the Overton window moves (invariably left) it becomes hard for someone to stay centre. I went from traditional liberal left, to centre, to right in about 8-10 years and my views didn’t change. I believe that politics has no place in the bedroom, which was a left wing idea in 2005, but is now a right wing idea. Transgenders should be left alone, which was a left wing idea, but now if you aren’t fighting for a dudes right to hangout in a battered women’s shelter or ladies bathroom, you’re a Nazi. I’m very sceptical of government, both in its intentions and its ability to competently execute policy, which, you guessed it, was a left wing idea, now right. 

I wouldn’t even call myself a conservative. It’s seems like conservatives today are just liberals that want the Overton window to have a speed limit. I most closely fit into the libertarian identity, which has a lot of really thoughtful ideology behind it. It also has a lot of wackiness to it. Also, it’s mostly irrelevant in terms of its ability to get votes, so what’s the point?

TLDR; I think a lot of people are going out to the extremes because it’s the only place you can safely stay put. People really like to feel like they fit in. 

2 days ago
1/9/02

cheer up OP

we're all americans. just on this forum we have a budding romance between a texan and a californian. we're all one.

7/15/04
dinkledorf -
TexDeuce -
Uncle Tom Doug -

How old are you? 

So you think a newspaper is better? How exactly?

My comment has nothing to do with a newspaper, just social media.

I am just illustrating how powerful social media is and how it in fact is "reality" since it has such a profound effect on so much of our country.

Social media makes its own reality.

2 days ago
7/13/09
I No Kung Foo -
JJitsu -

He dumb

Seriously, you need to find a way to get over him.

I usually leave him alone until he comes into my threads and runs his dicklicker all stupid.  I then make fun of his Texas queerbait ass in any thread I see him in for a while and he does his whole jjitsu mental thing not realizing he’s the moron that started it. He’s too Texass stupid to understand once he fucks with someone he’s not in control of when it ends and has yet to apologize for saying everyone should be openly hostile to Californians moving to your town. 

so no. Fuck him and fuck his cunt whoore of a mother for raising a disrespectful pussy.