OtherGround Forums I got a bonus at work!

9/12/19 1:06 PM
1/1/01
PatK - 

$175?

On Fossil's site that watch is $155

He probably bought it at some store, they gotta get as much mark up as possible for overhead. 20 bucks extra's not that bad for being able to see it in person and have it right away. Ordering it from the site might be extra for shipping too. I bought some chintzy electronic part from an old school electronics store. 25 bucks, checked ebay after, 10 bucks lol.
9/12/19 1:07 PM
12/31/10
PatK -

$175?

What's a 20 spot when the members are throwing around half-a-G tips?

9/12/19 1:21 PM
5/23/12
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/hybrid-smartwatch-commuter-smoke-stainless-steel-sku-ftw1161p.html

you are looking at the ones with leather watch bands, the stainless steal ones are 20 bucks more. 

9/12/19 1:40 PM
1/1/01
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/hybrid-smartwatch-commuter-smoke-stainless-steel-sku-ftw1161p.html

you are looking at the ones with leather watch bands, the stainless steal ones are 20 bucks more. 

When Jay is able to bust someone else on any sort of falsity, you KNOW he's gonna do it. When your own truthfullness has been questioned repeatedly, turning the tables probably feels fucking glorious.
"YOU stated something UNTRUE! NOT ME! YOU WERE INCORRECT! SUCK IT!"
9/12/19 1:41 PM
1/1/01
Jay,

Do you ever get tips from the members of the club? Anyone ever sliding a hundo to you?

1/1/01
I would've put a downpayment on a boat, but congrats!
1/1/01
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

Gotcha, I was going off the pic you posted and not the link.

How does that thing work?

Like does it display messages?

9/12/19 1:43 PM
10/2/11
Passive Jay -
Mark1 -

Even your taste in watches is terrible. 

Mark

different strokes for different folks, I think signing your posts is silly as hell but you do you. 

Hahaha gottem

-Mike 

9/12/19 1:43 PM
8/20/03
PeteyWheatstraw - 
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

When Jay is able to bust someone else on any sort of falsity, you KNOW he's gonna do it. When your own truthfullness has been questioned repeatedly, turning the tables probably feels fucking glorious.
"YOU stated something UNTRUE! NOT ME! YOU WERE INCORRECT! SUCK IT!"

OLAY!
9/12/19 1:45 PM
9/3/12

What makes it a smart watch? Looks pretty regular to me

9/12/19 1:45 PM
8/9/16

See the source image

PJ

9/12/19 1:48 PM
1/1/01
ShoreBreaker - 

What makes it a smart watch? Looks pretty regular to me

Yeah what gives? That shit's supposed to be digiton.
9/12/19 1:53 PM
5/23/12
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

You set it up for whatever notifications you want and when one comes in it vibrates and then points the hands at a number you have assigned. For example I  have it set up to vibrate and point to 9 whenever I get a text message. It is set to vibrate and point to 3 whenever i get a twitter notification. 

it has a step and sleep tracker. 

The buttons are programable to do things like control your music, take a picture, or find your phone, bunch of other stuff.

One of the things I like most about it is it does not need to be charged every day like a normal smart watch, it uses a standard coin style watch battery that lasts 6-12 months. 

9/12/19 2:04 PM
8/9/16
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

You set it up for whatever notifications you want and when one comes in it vibrates and then points the hands at a number you have assigned. For example I  have it set up to vibrate and point to 9 whenever I get a text message. It is set to vibrate and point to 3 whenever i get a twitter notification. 

The buttons are programable to do things like control your music, take a picture, or find your phone, bunch of other stuff.

One of the things I like most about it is it does not need to be charged every day like a normal smart watch, it uses a standard coin style watch battery that lasts 6-12 months. 

Do you get a lot of Twitter notifications..?

9/12/19 2:13 PM
12/31/10
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

Sweet. So you can program it to notify you on all the Tee times for whatever members you're carrying clubs for on a given day? When you think about it that way, it's a good investment in your continued professional success. 

9/12/19 2:20 PM
8/12/19
Passive Jay -

Turns out my work gives bonuses to anyone who brings on someone to work there that stays at least 90 days. 

Put most of the bonus in the bank but bought myself a little something something as well.

hybrid smartwatch. very reasonably priced! 

$19.99 ? 

9/12/19 2:26 PM
5/4/14

Congrats on the watch PJ. I dig it and a good watch is not really an extravagance imo. 

Now you know where to spend the rest of that cabbage. 

9/12/19 2:26 PM
5/23/12
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

Sweet. So you can program it to notify you on all the Tee times for whatever members you're carrying clubs for on a given day? When you think about it that way, it's a good investment in your continued professional success. 

The irony of this lame insult is that we have a professional caddie on this board who makes far more than I do. 

9/12/19 2:27 PM
12/10/18

Lol at the negative, bitter assholes spewing venom to make themselves feel good.

Good on you, Jay. I'm not a watch guy, but looks pretty decent.

9/12/19 2:31 PM
12/31/10
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

The irony of this lame insult is that we have a professional caddie on this board who makes far more than I do. 

How is it ironic that anybody would earn far more than a guy who works seasonally?

9/12/19 2:32 PM
1/12/10
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

Dude. I know jack shit about golf and was SHOCKED when I found out how much a good caddy can make. 

9/12/19 2:33 PM
11/17/10
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

How is it ironic that anybody would earn far more than a guy who works seasonally?

id assume that caddying is just as seasonal as PJ;s job, at that particular club

derp

9/12/19 2:34 PM
5/23/12
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

incorrect sir.

it has no display.

How ironic is it that someone that clearly does not know what they are talking about feels the need to chime in?

at the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time, I work 2000 hours a year same as everyone else that has a 40 hour work week. 

9/12/19 2:40 PM
11/15/04
Captain Canuck - 
VinegarStrokes - 

It’s not a bad watch but really why do you do this to yourslef? You constantly buy things that aren’t a need then bitch later about being broke. 

As I said before, I think PeeJay should work his game up regarding how he dresses at work etc.

For a well-to-do club, I would think his employers would love a guy well dressed and decked out to be taking care of their members.

PeeJay should find a good tailor and instead of buying multiple suits off the rack, have a few he can rotate and shirts he can mix in with ties. Have those clothes be fit to him so he looks great. In short, spend the same amount of money on less items but have them look better.

A watch can be a great item to have to set off a suit or a look. 

Whoa...Daddy Warbucks just rolled into the thread!

9/12/19 2:42 PM
1/1/01

Its money he didn't have. Half of you guys spout on about wasting money on aquariums and bjj lessons.