OtherGround Forums I got a bonus at work!

9/12/19 2:42 PM
11/15/04
Straydog24 - 

Congrats on the watch PJ. I dig it and a good watch is not really an extravagance imo. 

Now you know where to spend the rest of that cabbage. 

Steriods so he can eat?

9/12/19 2:58 PM
12/31/10
In Limbo -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

On Fossil's site that watch is $155

incorrect sir.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/hybrid-smartwatch-commuter-smoke-stainless-steel-sku-ftw1161p.html

you are looking at the ones with leather watch bands, the stainless steal ones are 20 bucks more. 

Gotcha, I was going off the pic you posted and not the link.

How does that thing work?

Like does it display messages?

it has no display.

You set it up for whatever notifications you want and when one comes in it vibrates and then points the hands at a number you have assigned. For example I  have it set up to vibrate and point to 9 whenever I get a text message. It is set to vibrate and point to 3 whenever i get a twitter notification. 

it has a step and sleep tracker. 

The buttons are programable to do things like control your music, take a picture, or find your phone, bunch of other stuff.

One of the things I like most about it is it does not need to be charged every day like a normal smart watch, it uses a standard coin style watch battery that lasts 6-12 months. 

Sweet. So you can program it to notify you on all the Tee times for whatever members you're carrying clubs for on a given day? When you think about it that way, it's a good investment in your continued professional success. 

The irony of this lame insult is that we have a professional caddie on this board who makes far more than I do. 

How is it ironic that anybody would earn far more than a guy who works seasonally?

id assume that caddying is just as seasonal as PJ;s job, at that particular club

derp

It's not seasonal in many parts of the Country. 

9/12/19 2:59 PM
1/1/01

He saved more than half of it which I dont think I've ever done with a bonus.

9/12/19 3:16 PM
12/2/18

Good job Jay. Enjoy the bonus.

9/12/19 3:28 PM
10/16/07
good for you PJ....i pick on you relentlessly for many things, but can't fault you for enjoying this properly earned little reward.

all the best man.
9/12/19 3:35 PM
2/29/16
In Limbo - 
FlowWithTheGo -

Jay buys or wants to buy more than he wants anything else. Buy buy buy, hey guys I might buy, hey I guys I can afford, buy buy, hi guys I can’t afford buy buy. 

he is a spender/consumer....many people are like that...they like "things" and having "things" and the act of buying them is very fun

he has also stated that he doesnt give a fuck about his financial management based on his situation in life so I stopped giving financial advice and jus tlike to sit back an enjoy the commotion every single one of his threads creates

Passive Jay:  "and then I rescued the children from the burning school bus".

OG:  "Why weren't you at work, you lazy fuck?"

9/12/19 3:36 PM
1/1/01

$175? What a waste! I imagine $175 can buy you a gram of blow and an hour or so with three of Detroit's finest ladies of the evening and yet you waste it on a watch.

9/12/19 3:54 PM
12/31/10
64FordF100 -
In Limbo - 
FlowWithTheGo -

Jay buys or wants to buy more than he wants anything else. Buy buy buy, hey guys I might buy, hey I guys I can afford, buy buy, hi guys I can’t afford buy buy. 

he is a spender/consumer....many people are like that...they like "things" and having "things" and the act of buying them is very fun

he has also stated that he doesnt give a fuck about his financial management based on his situation in life so I stopped giving financial advice and jus tlike to sit back an enjoy the commotion every single one of his threads creates

Hahaha! Motherfucker brings out the worst in the OG is all. 

9/12/19 4:14 PM
7/5/13

Nice watch Jay, congrats!

And to what that other fella said, you should talk to your boss about reaching the next level. 

Edited: 9/12/19 4:17 PM
2/29/16
BriggsSeekins - 
64FordF100 -
In Limbo - 
FlowWithTheGo -

Hahaha! Motherfucker brings out the worst in the OG is all. 

I get it, he posts a lot, and some people disagree with his decisions or lifestyle.  I have been negative towards him a few times, as well as tried to offer advice/encouragement.  He is a guy who has been open about not having a large network of personal relationships to share with, and he seeks that.  At the end of the day, none of his life choices affect any of us (outside of reading his posts).  There are a couple options I wish he would explore, but it's his life, and overall he seems happy.  But I do get the backlash because there are a couple people on here who have the same effect on me when I read their posts.  

9/12/19 4:19 PM
7/5/13
In Limbo -
FlowWithTheGo -

You guys can’t talk too much shit about poor consumer habits when you bought a blue name from a shitty website

(Which I have done) 

Snap! 

9/12/19 4:23 PM
1/1/01
64FordF100 - 
In Limbo - 
FlowWithTheGo -

He can't shovel snow, like he's going to be able to rescure kids from a burning school bus

9/12/19 4:29 PM
12/31/10
PatK -
64FordF100 - 
In Limbo - 
FlowWithTheGo -

He can't shovel snow, like he's going to be able to rescure kids from a burning school bus

/thread

9/12/19 4:41 PM
5/10/08

Shoveling dirt with Fossil Watch:

9/12/19 4:44 PM
11/1/03

Congrats on the bonus. What does this smart watch do? Please dont tell me it shovels snow.

9/12/19 4:49 PM
12/17/06

Look, I'm the worst when it comes to saving money instead of spending it. I haven't bought any material goods for myself outside of work clothes in years. 

I've had my eye on a Thai heavy bag for months now. 200 bucks. I can cover that amount a hundred times over. But the idea of spending it on a nonessential item just bothers me. I can't bring myself to do it.

So for me, it's nice to see other people who don't share my particular mental illness when it comes to spending lol.

Nice watch, Jay!

9/12/19 4:50 PM
8/20/03
LiveWire - 
Captain Canuck - 
VinegarStrokes - 

It’s not a bad watch but really why do you do this to yourslef? You constantly buy things that aren’t a need then bitch later about being broke. 

As I said before, I think PeeJay should work his game up regarding how he dresses at work etc.

For a well-to-do club, I would think his employers would love a guy well dressed and decked out to be taking care of their members.

PeeJay should find a good tailor and instead of buying multiple suits off the rack, have a few he can rotate and shirts he can mix in with ties. Have those clothes be fit to him so he looks great. In short, spend the same amount of money on less items but have them look better.

A watch can be a great item to have to set off a suit or a look. 

Whoa...Daddy Warbucks just rolled into the thread!

9/12/19 4:51 PM
10/16/07

I love these threads by Jay. If you're fulfilled in your own life, I don't believe you come in this thread and shit on Jay for getting a watch with his bonus money.  Lol it's sad.

9/12/19 4:52 PM
5/10/08

Found something to spend the bonus on this winter:

You can use it and create a side hustle for the winter by clearing your neighbors' driveways... no shoveling required.

9/12/19 5:33 PM
5/23/12
clattymine -
androb - jay

some retards on here just want to see the world burn

congrats on the bonus... picked up something nice and think of it as an investment in you. Hopefully your boss or his boss will see you looking sharp in the new watch ( and hopefully some better more fitted new clothes ) and give you a bigger bonus / raise / promotion.

It's about that time where you start talking to your boss about how you can reach the next level. and if there is no way for you to move up or be promoted at your club... time to start looking at other clubs and their potential opportunities.

Question is ... ARE YOU READY!!!

He’s never leaving that job. 

Not unless I move. I checked around and I make a fair amount more than any other person in my position at other clubs in the area. 

9/12/19 5:59 PM
5/23/12
jpm995 -

Congrats on the bonus. What does this smart watch do? Please dont tell me it shovels snow.

it does most of the things that a smart watch does. Because it does not have a display you to set things up in the app for it.

It uses the hands on the watch to display who the notifications are from.  the sub hand is used to keep track of your steps progress and also to let you know what mode you have your watch in as far as the presets for the buttons. you can also set up the buttons to do pretty much whatever you want and cycle though different sets. 

no rechaging. standard watch battery that lasts up to a year. 

9/12/19 6:45 PM
6/30/11
Passive Jay -
BriggsSeekins -
Passive Jay -
PatK -
Passive Jay - 
PatK -

$175?

On Fossil's site that watch is $155

incorrect sir.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/hybrid-smartwatch-commuter-smoke-stainless-steel-sku-ftw1161p.html

you are looking at the ones with leather watch bands, the stainless steal ones are 20 bucks more. 

Gotcha, I was going off the pic you posted and not the link.

How does that thing work?

Like does it display messages?

it has no display.

You set it up for whatever notifications you want and when one comes in it vibrates and then points the hands at a number you have assigned. For example I  have it set up to vibrate and point to 9 whenever I get a text message. It is set to vibrate and point to 3 whenever i get a twitter notification. 

it has a step and sleep tracker. 

The buttons are programable to do things like control your music, take a picture, or find your phone, bunch of other stuff.

One of the things I like most about it is it does not need to be charged every day like a normal smart watch, it uses a standard coin style watch battery that lasts 6-12 months. 

Sweet. So you can program it to notify you on all the Tee times for whatever members you're carrying clubs for on a given day? When you think about it that way, it's a good investment in your continued professional success. 

The irony of this lame insult is that we have a professional caddie on this board who makes far more than I do. 

When the whole second gofundme thread was happening, you claimed to make way over a thousand a week and used it as justification for all the money you got. 

You were actually losing money versus actually being at work, was your words.

9/12/19 8:42 PM
9/5/11

No, I’m not here to shit on you, Jay. 

I’m here to tell you that you should’ve opted for a Citizen over a Fossil at that price point. 

9/12/19 8:51 PM
3/13/18

Good job pj

what is a hybrid smart watch?

9/12/19 8:52 PM
3/13/18
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Good job pj

what is a hybrid smart watch?

Nvrmind, I’m caught up now